Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Medium-High Stakes Full Ring Discussion of $400+ pot-limit and no-limit and 5/10 live texas hold'em full ring games, situations and strategies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 03:41 AM   #101
zachvac
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zachvac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,726
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocdog View Post
I have seen this written before and again I will say...this is just plain rude to say about the many posters who do post quality strategy. Just because you choose to refrain from offering advice (fine), does not give you the right to insult those that do. I understand WHY you choose not to post strategy (lurkers not giving back being just one of the reasons) and I accept it and respect it. Please grant this same courtesy to those who approach it from another angle. Remember, we all have different motivations for learning and playing the game. We all learn differently and have different goals we desire to achieve within the game. Don't mock, insult, or degrade how others attempt to achieve their goals.
lol you totally misunderstood me where did I ever do any of the things you listed (mock, insult, etc.)? I don't really read MH too often but in ssfr the players that I feel are the best at their stakes hardly post any strat. That's just a fact and really hard to argue against. From the bit I've read of mid-high once in awhile a good thread will come around and lot of people post in depth responses on stuff and I learn a lot. Not quite sure why they do it but w/e up to them. I wasn't saying they were doing anything wrong just that as a whole it seems the better players don't post much strat. And there are perfectly good reasons why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocdog View Post
Don't confuse 2p2 as a forum with MHFR as a subforum. 2p2 is a social networking tool that allows people with a common interest (poker) to come and discuss an array of topics, headlined by its poker content (but not limited to). MHFR is a sub forum within 2p2 that is here to discuss strategy on mid-high stakes full ringed games. The existence of a couple "official" threads remain because of the bond you speak of specifically created within this community...the MHFR community. If you wish to converse with fellow poker players/friends on 2p2 that doesn't involve strategy discussion, I encourage you to look at the many other sub forums within 2p2 to find your desired topic. But please don't forget this sub forum, MHFR, is a strategy forum first and foremost.
Meh you can say it as much as you want doesn't make it true. Bottom line is majority of strategy discussion does not happen on 2p2. Again I'm just stating facts. I talk to more SSFR guys so don't know a ton about this sub-forum but I'll talk to someone for a long time about some spots/hands/etc. on aim whereas that kind of in-depth analysis hardly ever happens on 2p2 which again makes perfect sense because people that benefit are the lurkers who don't contribute to it at all. If I'm going to give up information to someone else I need to know they are reciprocating back. You can say what the goal of 2p2 is again and again but it is what it is and that's largely a place for poker players to talk to other poker players and talk about random **** in their lives, ****-talk, and yes there is some strategy discussion. But I think the time has passed where anyone comes to 2p2 for the sole purpose of strat discussion. They either have a core of people who's opinions they respect or they're just poker gods like Song and were born with the ability to crush souls while 40-tabling.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocdog View Post
Sure. Maybe most players do. And good for them. But what about the other group of players? The ones who aren't in that group or choose to otherwise partake in many different groups? What about those that find they learn better when they can get completely objective advice from perfect strangers who hold no biases or have intimate knowledge of their game or their opponents game? Does it ever happen where you find your relationship/dynamic with a player vastly differs from your friends relationship/dynamic with that same player? Maybe you run well above expectation vs them. Maybe your style better suits your play against them. Maybe you tilted them into playing far worse then normal. Maybe a hundred different reasons. Stop judging.
lol what? How am I judging? You're getting super defensive when all I'm doing is stating facts. The facts are that most people when they get into a tough spot their first thought is not to post it on 2p2 it is to ask someone else who's opinion they respect. Dynamics/reads/metagame can be communicated through these beautiful things called words. I can actually type out that this session I've 3b him the last 10 times he's opened and then the players I believe are good players will likely be able to process this information and come to similar conclusions about how it affects his range as me/anyone else. In fact if anything the reasons you list make it better to talk to people who know your game better and probably has already discussed a hand with you against that opponent and has already seen examples of how they react.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocdog View Post
Every community had to start from somewhere. SSFR has been around long enough to create a solid community of posters and friends alike. MHFR was a byproduct of this community. SSFR got to a point of becoming too big where it lost its identity and became less intimate. The noise went up while the quality of content went down. Thus MHFR was born. And now we create and build this community. You are more than welcome to be apart of it. We are an inviting group. If you feel you have a hand worth discussing, you are more than welcome to test the waters here or just continue to post in SSFR or on ichat/AIM with some friends. Makes no difference to me.
Yeah I've posted a bit just like I said know so many people in ssfr and to me 2p2 is more about the social atmosphere than the poker atmosphere and besides there are plenty of really solid poker players that still post in ssfr so I post there despite the fact that I've played mostly midstakes last couple months. That's just my choice and obv everyone else free to do w/e they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlocdog View Post
I have never once complained about no one posting strategy advice. I have always taken issue with those that block people from doing so. As for your claim about "not posting screen names for obvious reasons", I'm not sure what you are referring to but if it has to do with my previous exchange with jumanji then I think you misinterpreted the dialogue. Just to summarize, he wanted to know my screen name for credential purposes. I said he was more than welcome to enter any thread that I was posting in and challenge my posts. Those were my credentials and they are always up for debate.

Furthermore, my opinion on naming specific screen names is one that it is generally bad for business (as you say) and think a small description can/should be able to do the job. Seems counter intuitive to reveal how you would play vs a specific person allowing them to adapt to your approach. If you're going to go out of your way to defend a stance on how information is valuable (thus the lack of posting), don't you think giving away the most critical piece of information (when you do participate) may not be in your best interest?
My point was the entire point of this was not enough strat was taking place. That leads me to think that you believe people who post here are not posting enough strat, unless you want strat discussions to just appear out of mid air. Then you go and say you don't want to out your sn, presumably for metagame/not giving away your reads/tendencies idk maybe I'm just overthinking it but even though you seem fine with individuals not wanting to post strat you still are saying in general lack of strat in mid-high is a problem which implies you want more people to post strat which would give away the stuff you outting your sn would give away about you...
zachvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:24 PM   #102
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

- Maybe you have misunderstood me. When you say things like "no one good is going to post strategy", you are insulting precisely those that are currently posting strategy. Do you see that?

- I'm pleased you "see a lot of people post in depth responses on stuff and I learn a lot" . That is the point of this community. What makes them do it is their own set of motives and priorities. To learn, to teach, to give back, to socialize and interact, etc. To each his own. A shame that you don't reciprocate as I know how that is an annoyance of yours in regards to other lurkers, right?

- I understand exactly why many choose not to post strategy advice here anymore. It does not take rocket science to understand peoples reasonings. You seem to think that I either don't or that I want to convert these posters. I don't.

- You continuously reiterate how the majority of strategy talk is away from 2p2. I'm not sure how that is either relevant to anything or affects what I am doing in this forum the least bit. I'm pleased you have a network of friends that you bounce ideas off of. Congratulations. Anything that happens outside of this site (and for these discussions, outside this sub forum) doesn't concern me. It has no bearing on what takes place here. There is more sports discussion taking place on other forums, news outlets, and amongst my close friends. Does that mean I shouldn't participate in the sporting events forum? I am not trying to match what you 'get' and that is what you are missing.

- Again, you confuse 2p2 as a whole and MHFR as a sub forum. 2p2 is mainly a site where people gather to discuss random crap, make friends/connections, and goof off. MHFR is a forum within 2p2 that is mainly for strategy discussion. This is what you seem to not comprehend. The players that don't wish to discuss strategy or keep confined to the 2 chat threads are not welcome here in this forum. They are welcome to participate in the wide array of other forums (depending on that forums FAQ) but this forum is specifically for strategy discussion. Do you get that now?

- You seem to think that just because many good players choose not to post strategy anymore on 2p2 that that means it is dead. You do realize that this site is growing exponentially every year, month, day, right? Just because you are already established does not make it where others can't reach the point you have. And many of these other players will use 2p2 to get there. We don't just stop strategy discussion because you deem all the good players gone and that is that. Good players can go bad. Bad players can become good.

- Please keep in mind that many on these boards have learned a great deal from others who have been kind enough to share their thoughts. I assume you are one of many who have reaped the many benefits from this sites strategy discussions. Now that you have gotten to a point that you feel you are comfortable with you decide you don't need it and are ready to move on to other things. That's fine. But others like to give back. They may not be as greedy or self serving. Or, they may just find that they continue to learn when they express their thoughts in written form. Regardless, strategy forums still serve a purpose to many and that should be respected even if you aren't one of them.

- 2p2 is not a one stop shop, you are right. I never claimed that nor have I ever thought that was the best way to utilize this site. The reason it is so popular is precisely because of its variety. But it can only have variety if you let it. So there are many sub forums on this site that deal with other stuff ranging from politics to sports to literally talking sh*t about random sh*t. This one in particular (MHFR) happens to deal with strategy....one of its varieties.

- Sometimes I like a fresh perspective on a hand. One that isn't tainted or biased by a friend who may have intimate knowledge of the situation. This does not mean that I also don't want their opinions. I do. But sometimes I also want to run it by others who have no affiliation with me, my game, my opponents, or the dynamic created. I'm not sure why having the ability to gain both perspectives is a bad thing. You prefer to only ask a handful of close friends that you respect...fine. Others may choose to broaden their feedback base in order to help clarify something. It's not that a random will give you more/better information necessarily. It's just a unique interpretation that may trigger an eye opening or a leak/strength in ones game. Again, we all learn through different channels.

- If you decided that you post in SSFR because that is where you came through the ranks then why are you in the middle of a discussion about MHFR and its ways? Why are you so concerned about how I am trying to do things in this forum? The beauty of this site is that each sub forum has its own flavor, its own style. It's what makes 2p2 so attractive to many. Some forums are more serious than others and some are more informative than others and some have softer and harsher tones and so on. SSFR and MHFR are not run the same. The beauty for you is that you have a choice on where to spend your time. You seem to have made your choice. So why are you writing paragraphs about an activity you don't want to do (post strategy) in a forum (MHFR) that you choose not to participate in?

- This thread was originally started 10 months ago. Back when there was NO strategy talk and each and every thread was permeated with levels, rudeness, disrespect, trolling, and an objective to sabotage and quell any remanence of strategy discussion from ever taking place. The reason not enough strategy talk was taking place here was because it was unable to thrive. I have since removed the trolling and rude behavior that existed and let this forum evolve. Whether or not you deem the players who post here to be the best players, good players, or terrible players does not concern me. What does is allowing for strategy discussion to have the opportunity to take place. And it has...and it does...and it will continue...

- I have zero clue what your last bit is trying to say in regards to my SN. But to clear up once and for all, if you choose to out your SN go right ahead. By no means is this a prerequisite in posting a hand or offering an opinion. My SN is not outed and I choose to keep this privacy. I have no idea how this affects how others wish to provide strategy content. I have offered my views on using SNs in hand histories. I don't believe they are necessary as a small description will do just fine. I'm not sure what that has to do with my intent on getting good discussion to flow through this forum. And again, if this has something to do with my credentials than I encourage you to debate any point I make within the threads that you disagree with.

- Go back a year and browse some threads to get an idea of the transition that this forum has and is taking on. From the start, I said that if we remove the rudeness and trolling and allow for discussion to be had free from ridicule that this forum would slowly get some respectability and quality content. It has and is accomplishing just that. If you want to participate you are more than welcome. If you want to abstain you are more than welcome. What you or anyone else is not welcome to do is stifle strategy talk because you don't believe in it or want to make someone look bad. That is all. Very simple message. You seem to think I am in the business of trying to convert people to posting strategy. I really could care less for the players who choose to abstain. My concern is with the many new faces and rejuvenated old ones who enjoy holding strategy talks here and I offer them a place of to carry out these activities.

edit to add- I see that you post strategy advice just about every day in SSFR, uNL and HUNL. So now I am really confused as to your whole point here. Are you not a good player (since good players don't post strategy anymore, remember)? Do you just have something against this specific forum (you seem to not take issue with posting strategy content in other forums)? Is your purpose to just let everyone know that you have a network of friends that discusses strategy outside of this forum (don't we all)? Regardless, I've said what I need to say and hopefully I have cleared up some of your misconceptions about my objectives and goals here. Either way, good luck to you.

Last edited by jlocdog; 12-01-2010 at 02:36 PM.
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #103
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,185
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

jloc.. tldr

going to require some cliffs
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #104
SecondChance
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 996
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Just saw this thread...I'm really happy this forum exists; it helps people like me get way better at poker, and I appreciate it immensely
SecondChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:20 PM   #105
zachvac
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zachvac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 13,726
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

lol that's a lot of text just sorta skimmed it but lol at saying I post strat advice just about every day in HUNL. All I do in HUNL is troll almost worked to get a HU match but apparently I didn't troll hard enough gonna ask pettey for lessons. Seriously I don't think I have one serious post in that forum. Every couple months I post in some random thread there telling them how almost all HU players are terrible bumhunters (best was the HUsng regs "calling out" other regs who would sit with them lol) flame back and forth a few posts then I forget all about it and go back to posting in ssfr (and occasionally ufr). I don't even know what this is even about anymore so I guess I'll just leave. Was trying to give you a perspective of why so much strat isn't posted but you've gone off on so many random tangents. Only reason I'm here was there was discussion in FTP thread about possible shady stuff that people thought I may have been involved in. Then I saw this thread and just figured I'd let you know my thoughts on why I don't post here more often. Sorry if I seemed arrogant/like a dick that wasn't my intention but I'm tired of arguing (hard to do for me so you've accomplished a great feat) so I'm just gonna ignore this thread now I think. Hope you get whatever it is you want from this forum!
zachvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #106
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Quote:
Hope you get whatever it is you want from this forum!
On our way thanks!
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 08:19 PM   #107
mmix85
journeyman
 
mmix85's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 384
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachvac View Post
All I do in HUNL is troll
Lol I sense a pattern here
mmix85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #108
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

One thing I absolutely do not want is to clutter this forum with *offical* threads like MSNL has. The MTT community (among other forums) have plenty of threads on each and every tournament and I encourage you to participate in them.

If you want to have ONE *official tournament* thread, I will unlock the one already created. Let me know.
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #109
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Quote:
pca thread got closed why?
I closed the PCA thread because if I kept it open I would have to allow all *official* tournament threads to be created. This is not the tournament forum and having tournament threads for each stop would become overwhelming in my view.
Quote:
wtf????
Sorry bud.
Quote:
haha, u can post to your heart's content in SSNL
This is all very true. There is also tournament threads in the MTT community among others.
Quote:
we get like one thread/wk in here and we dont have room for 2 tourney threads?
See this is where the slope gets slick. Sure there are only 2 tournaments now. But there will [want to] be dozens more. Plus there will want to be *official* sports pools, prop betting, meet ups, etc... If I let these threads exist then I have no recourse when the next *official* thread is started. A precedent has to be set.
Quote:
I didn't really have a problem with jloc and his misguided crusade for a troll free forum but this is ****ing ridiculous. A couple threads for big tournaments that a lot of people from this community are attending is not clutter. I don't want to hike over to MTT when most of the people I know are in this forum. At least reopen the "tournament" thread.... god don't you have anything better to do with your time?
This misguided crusade has created an environment where strategy discussion can be held without ridicule. And it has/is working. I have received positive feedback from dozens of posters about how they enjoy the changes and new vibe.

As for having to "hike all the way over to MTT"...seriously? A button click away? It's not like I am sending you to a whole new website. Expand your horizons, go take a wander over. You may *gasp* make some new friends.

I will be more than happy to reopen the tournament thread. If I recall, I said if you would like me to reopen one thread I would be more than happy to do so. All you had to do was ask. And yes, my time is consumed with plenty of other things. It only took like 3sec to lock that thread!
Quote:
+1 dont really care to read threw tons of posts to see where FR posters are seems stupid to close it
There are like 20 FR guys tops that post regularly here. And probably even less that are going around the tournament circuit. As said though, all you had to do was ask and I would be more than happy to reopen the *official tournament* thread.

Again, if you take a look at MSNL, that should give you a fairly good idea of what I DO NOT want to happen here (and I won't let it).
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #110
sparky999
veteran
 
sparky999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 500 Zoom
Posts: 3,364
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

considering the aussie millions/pca and wsop are generally the only events we make specific threads about i think your being a little ridiculous.
sparky999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #111
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Sparky,

If this is the case, and those are truly the only 3 tournaments that you will want to make threads about then I will be more than happy to reopen the Aussie million thread as well (and change the other title back to PCA).

Is this the case?
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 AM   #112
sparky999
veteran
 
sparky999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 500 Zoom
Posts: 3,364
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

i guess a few guys go to the occasional EPT but thats mostly stars guys and they almost always just chat about it in their thread, so, unless i am missing something i think millions/pca/wsop are all we need.
the problem with combining the millions and pca is they are on at the same time and everyone is just gonna be asking each other 'so which one are you at?'
i get your point about clutter but i think that considering so many of the regular posters attend these events and often want to meet other FR players specifically, that there is enough demand from key posters to warrant multiple threads. I kind of feel that your current stance is more in favour of the lurkers being able to easily find strategy posts rather than providing a service for regular posters to catch up with each other.
sparky999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:02 PM   #113
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Yeah but this is a strategy forum where there are maybe 20-30 "regs" tops....almost none of which contribute to anything other than the chat threads. Then there are the growing number of active participants who consistently contribute and put forth plenty of effort. Given that my main goal with this forum was to have a place where strategy can be held without ridicule, which posters do you think I would more like to appease?

With that said, it is in my nature to try and appease everyone as best I can. I have always understood why many don't offer their thoughts in strategy threads and have said countless times I respect their stance. I have left alone the chat threads and just asked that this forum not get overwhelmed with them. Seeing 2 *official* threads pop up in the first week of the new year gives me pause as to where we are headed...and it is not the direction I want to go.

I will reopen the Aussie thread (and change the PCA title back) and when the WSOP rolls around in May-June you may start a WSOP thread (I was always going to allow that one). That will be it for official threads however. I hope this is a compromise we can all agree is fair.

Rosa will have to start a new Aussie thread. I will move the Aussie posts from the PCA thread over once it has been created.
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:01 AM   #114
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,185
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

JLoc, as was said we only have a 4-6 tournament threads a YEAR that I can remember. We don't want to go to the donkament mtt forum where they have their weird lingo. MTT players and cash game players are MUCH MUCH different.
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #115
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Well, you get 3 tournament threads as to our compromise. 2 of them are up. I suggest you get posting in them!
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #116
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,185
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

I'm not playing in those tournaments. You really like alienating the online player base of MSNL for some reason.
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #117
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Where did I put that damn violin?
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #118
jimmyvjv13
Life Grinder
 
jimmyvjv13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Repping Aces @ZepHendrix
Posts: 4,979
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

I know almost everyone in those threads personally. The reason is this forum. Like Main said, we're a tight-nit community. The reason, like you said, is that there are only 30 or so regs that that post a lot in this forum.

Also a lot of the guys that want the MTT threads are your best strategy posters. For example, WPR plays tons of live tournies, definitely all the ones that get threads in this forum and he's probably the best strategy poster you have in this forum. All I'm saying is don't throw out the baby with the bath water.
jimmyvjv13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #119
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Jimmy,

Lets get this clear so we don't confuse semantics and talk in circles...

There are 20-30 online regs who post almost exclusively in the 2 *official* threads, with a rare appearance in any strategy thread (barring about 3-5 of you). So please don't tell me that our best strategy posters are primarily guys who want MTT threads to exist.

There are 20-30 other regs who post almost exclusively in the strategy threads (and this number is quickly growing).

This forum is a strategy based forum and that is its main purpose, plain and simple. I have stated that from the outset and maintain that stance. The *official* threads are here explicitly because you have this tight-nit community. I understand that and embrace that, thus the allowance of them.

I do NOT want this forum to look like MSNL with its front page saturated with *official* threads. I'm sorry but that is not the purpose of this forum and I won't let it devolve into that.

I compromised with you all in allowing BOTH tournament threads to be reopened AND allowing a future WSOP thread to exist when that time rolls around. This was under the conditions that these were the only 3 tournaments many of you primarily go to (as stated by a fellow online reg). It was also stated that any EPT tournament discussion can easily (and already does) take place within the *official pokerstars* thread. So I don't get where the issue is. Even when I compromise and grant you your way it still isn't good enough. Makes me not want to compromise...

As said repeatedly, I would LOVE for many of the online regs to post in the strategy threads as I have no doubt they have plenty to offer. I understand and respect their decision not to but don't think that this community is in any way either indebted or reliant to these 30 posters. Where before, this place was a ghost town and the only remnants of life was the 20-30 online regs who would level and troll every strategy thread while posting primarily in the chat threads, now we have another "tight-nit" community slowly evolving. One that is far more productive and generous with their time, effort, and demeanor. So please don't think that the presence of the 20-30 online regs is vital to this communities survival or prosperity. Actually the opposite is occurring.
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #120
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,185
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

you sound like someone bitter who used to post strat threads and get trolled. Now you take it out on us by "modding". I will mod this forum if we need a moderator.
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:40 PM   #121
Adam27X
veteran
 
Adam27X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York/New Jersey border
Posts: 2,083
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

I don't see the issue with allowing non-strategy related threads in this forum. While this particular section of 2p2 may be quite dead compared to other sections, we still are a community of friends and when it comes to social events I think most of us would like to meet one another (whether its for the first time or not) rather than the forumers from other sections of 2p2.

If the clutter occurs, then take action. Something like an *Official* rungood thread would be unnecessary, but there are plenty of non-strategy threads that not only serve a positive purpose in this forum but also belong in this forum because when we're looking out to get a house in vegas for a week or two, we would rather look for a fellow MSFR player that we happen to interact with every single day on 2p2 and FTP/Stars rather than some random guy from whatever section you believe a thread like that belongs in.

I guess my bottom line is that 2p2 is a really large forum and most of us don't have the time or just don't care to read more than a few sections of it. If what you want in this forum is to have a nice community within the community, I think some non-strategy threads from time to time are going to have to be created.
Adam27X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:58 PM   #122
MATEUSZEK
Pooh-Bah
 
MATEUSZEK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sunglasses and Advil
Posts: 3,599
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Subforum for ***OFFICIAL*** threads. Problem solved we can all get along now!



I like the way it is now/was before. No need to nazi up the forums.
MATEUSZEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #123
jlocdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lake Tahoe/NYC
Posts: 5,368
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

Jumanji- I am not bitter at anything. I wanted a place on 2p2 where people can post strategy and not get trolled. I wanted a place where strategy threads can thrive and not be overshadowed/overrun by the same type threads that permeate every other forum (I'm talking *official* type threads). This forum is becoming such a place.

If anyone were to look at yours and mine posting history, I think they would have the exact opposite take on who is the bitter one.

Adam- I agree with you, and HAVE let some non strategy threads to be created in this forum. Where do we draw the line though? I drew one, was asked that we move it, moved it, and it still wasn't good enough. All this does is make me want to compromise less and less when anything I concede isn't good enough if you don't get everything you want.

It's a 2way street when compromising, and the idea in and of itself is the sacrificing of certain/some wants in order to find common ground. You guys refuse to want to sacrifice anything. Makes compromising hard. Remember, I don't want this forum overrun by *official* threads. There has to be a middle...

Where is the line drawn where I deem too much clutter by *official* threads? And once that line is drawn, how to I decide which ones get the ax and which don't? And once that is decided, how do I explain to the poster whose thread got axed why his wasn't good enough but the other dudes was? The compromise we struck with tournament threads WAS the line being drawn. It WAS the action taken to ensure clutter doesn't ensue. It WAS me avoiding a situation where I would have to lock a thread and make that poster unhappy.

Of course I would like to have a nice community within the community and that is why we have 2 tournament threads (with a 3rd on the horizon), 2 chat threads, a goals thread, a live v online thread, and every now and then a witty OT thread (brb rings a bell). Really, I haven't given enough? Really, there needs to be more or I am just stifling this community? Please don't forget about the growing community within this forum that doesn't participate in many of these threads. We have more than one "nice community" within our community and their needs should be met as well.

mateusek- I will look into a possibility for a subforum for all *official* threads if you'd like. If I recall though, I think I already did and was denied this.
jlocdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #124
thepizzlefosho
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: not winning at SD
Posts: 6,212
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

no treally sure I understand the continuing discussion. jloc made a decision. some people had a problem with it. he listened and respected their argument and gave them back what they asked for while giving a reasonable explanation for his initial decision.

why isn't everyone happy?
thepizzlefosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #125
Adam27X
veteran
 
Adam27X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York/New Jersey border
Posts: 2,083
Re: Discussion on MHSNL-FR

I guess I just don't see why we have to compromise when we haven't really been creating threads like crazy. I just don't like to see that dankness takes the time to create a cool, creative thread that's kind of different from the norm here and has to preface it with "mods please don't delete this." The OT threads that aren't *Official* threads seem to be rare enough to not have to police anything, though it seems you disagree.

If it's just official threads that you're worried about, I think you're overreacting because a) the Tournament threads that have recently spawned have a deliberate purpose and aren't just spam and b) there aren't many more of them likely to span and if they do they'll likely have a deliberate purpose as well.

Last edited by Adam27X; 01-06-2011 at 04:19 PM. Reason: @jloc, didn't see pizzle's post
Adam27X is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online