Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Heads Up Limit Discussion of heads up limit Texas Hold'em Forum is closed; read only.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2010, 09:07 PM   #151
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,881
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

copokahaha
Hood is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #152
copoka
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 547
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Here is how after a few posts

Quote:
Your flop ck raise is a small but clear mistake in hand two.
became

Quote:
reason beside variance that you went on a 9 month be stretch
Pretty much a joke.
copoka is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:13 PM   #153
OnTheRail15
Pooh-Bah
 
OnTheRail15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 4,339
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

copoka, you're bluffing right? So you want BETTER hands to fold, right? So you're targeting BETTER hands. RIGHT?

If you want WORSE hands to fold, you don't understand poker very well.

Once again, you just want to win this hand. That's not a good reason to c/r.
OnTheRail15 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #154
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,881
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

copoka good HS winning players are trying to help you for free with your game
Hood is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:14 PM   #155
OnTheRail15
Pooh-Bah
 
OnTheRail15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 4,339
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by copoka View Post
Here is how after a few posts



became



Pretty much a joke.
If you're making a lot of clear but small mistakes (As I suspect you are) and you think it's obviously the right play, you'll break even for 9 months even when you don't think you're doing anything wrong.

Silly.
OnTheRail15 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 PM   #156
MurderbyNumbers123
old hand
 
MurderbyNumbers123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: easy street
Posts: 1,462
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Today is the first day that I realized that I am going to have to stop playing HUHU in the near future



I dont really understand what has happened. It feels like they have it every time, and they always do. Literally every time. Bluff ranges that I used to profit vastly from have simply dissappeared. I cant tell you the last time i called down bottom pair 3 streets and it was good. Yet so many of my opponenets 3 barrel 100% of their range... so I call and call and call and pay and pay and pay.

5 minutes ago I just lost two consecutive flopped straights in a row and barely even thought it was strange.

Really is nothing more to say. Its been almost 2.5 months, 236 hours, and I can say that I honestly FEEL like im tens and tens of thousands under EV at showdown. I dont feel like I've changed my style of play at all, but I feel like even though it SEEMS like im getting really unlucky that maybe I just dont have an edge anymore. This is definitely a very sad time, alot of people I know are B/E for at least a couple months.

I think in the next few months we will see what a lot of poker players are made of as this cash cow begins to die and the games become both more scarce and aggressive. The ones who wont adapt and learn other games will either go broke or stop playing poker entirely.

well glad the NC thread is here for me to vent on. But seriously, very sad days, seems like everyone is losing now
MurderbyNumbers123 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:36 PM   #157
Six Finger Nate
old hand
 
Six Finger Nate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,623
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
copoka good HS winning players are trying to help you for free with your game
He believes they are only winners because they are luckier than him.
Six Finger Nate is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:40 PM   #158
copoka
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 547
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRail15 View Post
copoka, you're bluffing right? So you want BETTER hands to fold, right? So you're targeting BETTER hands. RIGHT?

If you want WORSE hands to fold, you don't understand poker very well.

Once again, you just want to win this hand. That's not a good reason to c/r.
Yes, I'm not c/r Q7 for value.
But I'm not pure blufing either.
I 'd love some small pairs to fold, but if they dont, I have outs.
And i dont mind if Q7,8,9 would fold.
And another reason, I dont really want ****load of garbige in his RANDOM range take the pot away from my Q.
His j hi is not going just check it down to a river, you know.
It wil berel. Street after street. The same way 74o tried to do. And my Q will have to fold.

But since I do want to win pot I have to keep that scenerio, which btw, complettely missed you, in mind.

Its a random range, you know.
There is a lot of aggressive air in there.
copoka is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #159
freshjuuuiice
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 461
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderbyNumbers123 View Post
Today is the first day that I realized that I am going to have to stop playing HUHU in the near future



I dont really understand what has happened. It feels like they have it every time, and they always do. Literally every time. Bluff ranges that I used to profit vastly from have simply dissappeared. I cant tell you the last time i called down bottom pair 3 streets and it was good. Yet so many of my opponenets 3 barrel 100% of their range... so I call and call and call and pay and pay and pay.

5 minutes ago I just lost two consecutive flopped straights in a row and barely even thought it was strange.

Really is nothing more to say. Its been almost 2.5 months, 236 hours, and I can say that I honestly FEEL like im tens and tens of thousands under EV at showdown. I dont feel like I've changed my style of play at all, but I feel like even though it SEEMS like im getting really unlucky that maybe I just dont have an edge anymore. This is definitely a very sad time, alot of people I know are B/E for at least a couple months.

I think in the next few months we will see what a lot of poker players are made of as this cash cow begins to die and the games become both more scarce and aggressive. The ones who wont adapt and learn other games will either go broke or stop playing poker entirely.

well glad the NC thread is here for me to vent on. But seriously, very sad days, seems like everyone is losing now
I had 8 break even months last year. I thought I was getting unlucky and that it would pass, but eventually, I had to come to the realization that I was doing something wrong. I thought I was playing the same way as I was when I used to crush HU, but in reality, my play had deteriorated to such an extent that I was permanently stuck on D-game auto-pilot. My advice, take a week off. Don't even think about poker, then thoroughly comb through a large sample of hand history files. You might be surprised by what you discover.
freshjuuuiice is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #160
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,881
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by copoka View Post
His j hi is not going just check it down to a river, you know.
It wil berel. Street after street. The same way 74o tried to do. And my Q will have to fold.
As OTR succinctly put: it's a small range you are targeting.
Hood is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:45 PM   #161
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,881
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

murder: if i'm reading things right, you are ~0.8BB/100?
Sucks as your short-term results do, you can take solice that you aren't even running that horrid - no need to question your ability. Just bad at your higher stakes.
Hood is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:51 PM   #162
OnTheRail15
Pooh-Bah
 
OnTheRail15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 4,339
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by copoka View Post
Yes, I'm not c/r Q7 for value.
But I'm not pure blufing either.
I 'd love some small pairs to fold, but if they dont, I have outs.
And i dont mind if Q7,8,9 would fold.
And another reason, I dont really want ****load of garbige in his RANDOM range take the pot away from my Q.
His j hi is not going just check it down to a river, you know.
It wil berel. Street after street. The same way 74o tried to do. And my Q will have to fold.

But since I do want to win pot I have to keep that scenerio, which btw, complettely missed you, in mind.

Its a random range, you know.
There is a lot of aggressive air in there.
Yes. So like I said. You just want to win this pot. But you can't win every pot. Sometimes you need to find hands to c/f. Sometimes you c/f the best hand. I don't know what else to tell you.
OnTheRail15 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #163
ibetmywookie
grinder
 
ibetmywookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: At the Bruce Lee Slots...
Posts: 409
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Any of you fish going to play the tourny in 30 minutes? If not, I guess I'm the best...
ibetmywookie is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:00 PM   #164
copoka
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 547
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
As OTR succinctly put: it's a small range you are targeting.
Check raising, I'm targeting anything that does not have A in it + unfoldable pairs or better.

How small this range is?

And again. Its a dual porpuse.

If better hand folds great.
Taking initiative from worse hands and not letting them use a possision to fold me is very important part of the play.

Call down with Qhi is not easiest thing in a world to do.
copoka is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #165
copoka
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 547
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRail15 View Post
Yes. So like I said. You just want to win this pot. But you can't win every pot. Sometimes you need to find hands to c/f. Sometimes you c/f the best hand. I don't know what else to tell you.
Please, common.

And if you want to find anything to say, please tell me, why this is wrong.

Quote:
And again. Its a dual porpuse.

If better hand folds great.
Taking initiative from worse hands and not letting them use a possision to fold me is very important part of the play.
And if it's not, why you did not get to think about it.
copoka is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:07 PM   #166
MurderbyNumbers123
old hand
 
MurderbyNumbers123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: easy street
Posts: 1,462
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

I mean yeah im not losing money but also I used to beat games for almost 4bb/100 at all the same stakes played here. Just getting insanely crushed...

I have a feeling that it might be a combination of things. Probably what fresh juice said and also being on subtle tilt and also the games getting tougher all just have conspired to destroy my once solid winrate for an unbelievable amount of hands.
MurderbyNumbers123 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #167
OnTheRail15
Pooh-Bah
 
OnTheRail15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Somewhere else
Posts: 4,339
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by copoka View Post
Please, common.

And if you want to find anything to say, please tell me, why this is wrong.



And if it's not, why you did not get to think about it.
I've already told you why it's wrong. The only value you get from c/r this hand is that you can get some K highs or better Q highs to fold. This is too narrow of a range for you to target given the size of the pot and the fact that you're oop. You've said a couple of times that you expect a pair to fold here? I think you're completely unrealistic if you think that is going to happen.

The other reason you give for "bluffing" here is that you don't want to get bluffed (basically). I really can't tell if you think that this is the right way to think about poker or not? You have Q high. If jack high folds, that's not a win for you. You're also opening yourself up to getting rebluffed relatively often here on this drawy board texture.

You'll also be c/r a range that is way way way too weak if you c/r this kind of hand regularly along with your normal semibluff range. So yes. You say you're balancing, and that you'll be owning him when you have top two, but your range ISN'T balanced. It's way too weak, which will make a default strategy of waiting for the turn with a lot of value hands and some semi-bluffs pretty good. This is especially true if you threebet preflop. I'm not familiar with your game, but I'm assume you do.

In any case, I'm trying to help you here. You may think you're poking holes in my argument, but believe me, you aren't. I guess you want me to answer why I haven't considered what you've pointed out about this play. My only answer is that I have considered those things and have rejected them. c/r because you don't want to be bluffed is not a good way to think about poker. You should be thinking about equities against ranges.

Qd7d has crappy equity on this board texture even against a random range. The pot is relatively small on the flop and you can't get many hands that are a. better than yours or b. have very good equity against your hand to fold before the river (when they're equity is realized).
OnTheRail15 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #168
MurderbyNumbers123
old hand
 
MurderbyNumbers123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: easy street
Posts: 1,462
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRail15 View Post
(when they're equity is realized).
spelling error, argument invalid

gogogogogogogo

Last edited by MurderbyNumbers123; 03-05-2010 at 10:29 PM. Reason: OTR please coach me :)
MurderbyNumbers123 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:31 PM   #169
ibetmywookie
grinder
 
ibetmywookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: At the Bruce Lee Slots...
Posts: 409
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

I'm not playing 1 guy for the title of Best LHE Player.

Tournament Voided. HULHE is dead. RIP.
ibetmywookie is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #170
MurderbyNumbers123
old hand
 
MurderbyNumbers123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: easy street
Posts: 1,462
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

wait i just reread the whole thing srsly are u not calling down the pair of aces hand ???

folding in that situation seems far more exploitable than calling

Last edited by MurderbyNumbers123; 03-05-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: says the guy on the 46k be
MurderbyNumbers123 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:45 PM   #171
Zee German Dax
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 20
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

lol.
and noone has even mentioned how abysmal the turn barrel in hand 2 is. Copoka, do yourself a favor and try to listen to what people are trying to tell you. Maybe there might be something to be learned from someone as good as OTR?
Zee German Dax is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #172
MurderbyNumbers123
old hand
 
MurderbyNumbers123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: easy street
Posts: 1,462
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

omg

Absolute Poker $15.00/$30.00 Limit Hold'em - 2 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

Pre Flop: (1.667 SB) Hero is BTN/SB with J 7
Hero raises, BB calls

Flop: (4 SB) A Q 3 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

Turn: (3 BB) A (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero 3-bets, BB calls

River: (9 BB) 4 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls

Final Pot: 11 BB
BB shows 2 5
Hero shows J 7
BB wins 10.975 BB
(Rake: $0.75)

fml
fml
fml
fml
MurderbyNumbers123 is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM   #173
copoka
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 547
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
You should be thinking about equities against ranges.
Ok lets do that.

The reason people c/ring A hi flop is that its hard for him to have one.
If I think he plays any 2 and i see an A on a flop, now I'm against random minus A and I'm right most of the time.

I don't think 57 42 is such an crappy equity after all.

Quote:
You have Q high. If jack high folds, that's not a win for you
But if I'm preventing Jhi, Thi, 9hi, 8hi, 7hi etc relentless bluffing and thus not folding to it, it is a win for me.

Quote:
You're also opening yourself up to getting rebluffed relatively often here on this drawy board texture.
I'll deal with it when i see it. Why should I beat myself?
In fact, i did not see it this time from the hand that is made for rebluffing, btw. (so much for him playing his hand right)
copoka is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #174
copoka
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 547
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee German Dax View Post
lol.
and noone has even mentioned how abysmal the turn barrel in hand 2 is. Copoka, do yourself a favor and try to listen to what people are trying to tell you. Maybe there might be something to be learned from someone as good as OTR?
Looks like you benefiting from knowing my hand a little bit, dont you.
When you dont know my hand and I check raise flop I tell you that I have an A, card that you most likely do not have.
Now i'm following through on a turn having a lead while representing big hand and you call it abysmal?

Do yourself a favor, brush up some basics.
copoka is offline  
Old 03-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #175
Zee German Dax
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 20
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by copoka View Post
Ok lets do that.

The reason people c/ring A hi flop is that its hard for him to have one.
If I think he plays any 2 and i see an A on a flop, now I'm against random minus A and I'm right most of the time.

I don't think 57 42 is such an crappy equity after all.



But if I'm preventing Jhi, Thi, 9hi, 8hi, 7hi etc relentless bluffing and thus not folding to it, it is a win for me.



I'll deal with it when i see it. Why should I beat myself?
In fact, i did not see it this time from the hand that is made for rebluffing, btw. (so much for him playing his hand right)
You don't have 42% equity here. It's more in the 35%-37% range depending on the exact range you give him.

He did in fact try to bluff you, even tho for some reason he waited till the river to do it.
Zee German Dax is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive