Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Heads Up Limit Discussion of heads up limit Texas Hold'em Forum is closed; read only.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #426
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

What's the deal with everyone in the stars lobby sitting out for many hours? Just leave, it makes the lobby look even worse to the fish. I've started joining people's tables who do this. If you're going to be away from your computer just close the table please.
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #427
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,881
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

ahh i wondered what was going on in the lobby, i thought everyone was table blocking you!
Hood is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #428
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

I kind of want to see how long these guys were planning on being away from the tables. So far 2bb100hands LuckyFraggle and SpongeGot have been away for about an hour.
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 02:22 PM   #429
gjwhunt
adept
 
gjwhunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Swansea/London UK
Posts: 898
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Ugh 23 tables @10-20 stars, 21 ftp, no double-sitters, only couple weak bumhunter types that won't play me anyway Gonna be a slow night
gjwhunt is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 02:33 PM   #430
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,881
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

yeah but **** is popping at plo50
Hood is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #431
freshjuuuiice
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 461
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkidd View Post
What's the deal with everyone in the stars lobby sitting out for many hours? Just leave, it makes the lobby look even worse to the fish. I've started joining people's tables who do this. If you're going to be away from your computer just close the table please.
How about you stop sitting alone at multiple 5/T and 10/20 tables, scumbag.
freshjuuuiice is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 02:54 PM   #432
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

I was sitting with one of those guys and they left. I didn't see it yet. I had "sit out next hand" clicked so I wasn't going to take anyone's action.
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 02:57 PM   #433
zaDenbgami
journeyman
 
zaDenbgami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 206
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

How little self esteem / joy in life must one have to get a boner from hit and running, but before you leave write "be right back" to piss the other person off, or, my favourite, to hit and run, time out, come back to give the other guy some hope that you will play them again (I guess that's what they are thinking), but not play anymore and run away?

[Just got hit and run 6 times in a row, while sitting and waiting forever to get action; I love it]
zaDenbgami is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 PM   #434
freshjuuuiice
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 461
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkidd View Post
I was sitting with one of those guys and they left. I didn't see it yet. I had "sit out next hand" clicked so I wasn't going to take anyone's action.
Ok, Didn't realize this. won't block you anymore
freshjuuuiice is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #435
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

No problem. I understand why you'd be upset.
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:06 PM   #436
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkidd View Post
I kind of want to see how long these guys were planning on being away from the tables. So far 2bb100hands LuckyFraggle and SpongeGot have been away for about an hour.
LuckyFraggle sat out for an hour, SpongeGot for a bit less than two. I asked Fraggle not to sit out for prolonged periods since it makes the lobby look worse and he said ok and left. I didn't chat with Sponge he just left. 2bb I have spoken to before and he refuses to not sit out for prolonged periods. He says he can do what he wants.
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:09 PM   #437
zaDenbgami
journeyman
 
zaDenbgami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 206
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkidd View Post
LuckyFraggle sat out for an hour, SpongeGot for a bit less than two. I asked Fraggle not to sit out for prolonged periods since it makes the lobby look worse and he said ok and left. I didn't chat with Sponge he just left. 2bb I have spoken to before and he refuses to not sit out for prolonged periods. He says he can do what he wants.
2bb is one of the weak regs. He will button people he doesnt like to play all day long. Bad style imo.
zaDenbgami is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:50 PM   #438
gjwhunt
adept
 
gjwhunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Swansea/London UK
Posts: 898
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaDenbgami View Post
How little self esteem / joy in life must one have to get a boner from hit and running, but before you leave write "be right back" to piss the other person off, or, my favourite, to hit and run, time out, come back to give the other guy some hope that you will play them again (I guess that's what they are thinking), but not play anymore and run away?

[Just got hit and run 6 times in a row, while sitting and waiting forever to get action; I love it]
Dunno if this or winning someone's full buy in after a good 15min game but then their hitting river when all in and lucking back that buy in +100 and then leaving is worse.. (just happened x2 at 10-20). I suppose ev wise yours is worse seeing as you get fewer hands, but it's not always so rational when you're there.
gjwhunt is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #439
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
yeah but **** is popping at plo50
Ahahahahaha this game is hilarious I have no idea what I'm doing.
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #440
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

ug folding is the worst. Is it ok to play 90% of your hands on the button in HUPLO?
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 04:28 PM   #441
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,881
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

yes thats fine
want to tighten up oop tho and dont go crazy with tree bets
Hood is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #442
SenorKeeed
mew mew mew
 
SenorKeeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37,641
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

111 hands 329 BB/100 winrate 153 BB/100 standard deviation.

Sustainable?
SenorKeeed is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 04:35 PM   #443
johnnyrocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnnyrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: dreamin' of Mama Afrika
Posts: 9,277
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwhunt View Post
Ugh 23 tables @10-20 stars, 21 ftp, no double-sitters, only couple weak bumhunter types that won't play me anyway Gonna be a slow night
that's what happens when people move to HU cuz they know they can make money there, it was inevitable, high stakes dry for a few months now, you'll see this wipe out 3/6 shortly if it hasnt yet
johnnyrocket is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #444
gjwhunt
adept
 
gjwhunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Swansea/London UK
Posts: 898
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanHold9Donuts View Post
Currently down 2400 to Peeeeeki at 30/60 in 40 hands

Edit: Make it 3600 after he just flopped quads

Edit: Final tally - down $3,908 in 76 hands
Aw man you gave him his best day ever and the 1st ever up blip in his steady eddie graph!
http://www.**********************/fu...er-search/peki
So he sits at my 3-6 table and knowing this I sit out and say 10-20 pls, he joins some other dude's 3-6
And yes JR 3-6 steadily getting that way, I've moved back there now at the same time as moving up just for any action. I can still just about get a better hourly from there than 100 NL (decided I got massively lucky at 200 and prob shouldn't hang around) but working on that for my second game.
gjwhunt is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 04:51 PM   #445
johnnyrocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnnyrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: dreamin' of Mama Afrika
Posts: 9,277
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwhunt View Post
Ugh 23 tables @10-20 stars, 21 ftp, no double-sitters, only couple weak bumhunter types that won't play me anyway Gonna be a slow night
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
yes thats fine
want to tighten up oop tho and dont go crazy with tree bets
hmmm i 3bet a ton PF in HUPLO
johnnyrocket is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #446
chinamaniac
Pooh-Bah
 
chinamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On the Internet
Posts: 3,717
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaDenbgami View Post
2bb is one of the weak regs. He will button people he doesnt like to play all day long. Bad style imo.
I have actually put a lot of thought about this type of thing over and over and I don't think people should get mad when they get buttoned.

If someone sits at someone elses table the guy that opened the table should be able to quit them whenever he feels he don't have the proper edge. Whether that is 1 hand, 3 hands, 5 hands or 91 hands shouldn't matter. If someone doesn't think they have the proper edge why should they feel obligated to give the other guy their button.

Especially if it is a reg that joins the table and the table opener has quit this guy over and over in the past and has told them repeatedly he doesn't want to play them . That guy certainly should have no complaints if the guy that started the table sits out after 1 hand.

Now when I first started playing HUHU about 8 months ago I didn't even think about this as if I was getting an edge by playing a button and quitting. I was quitting because I didn't like my EV. If someone joined my table and I quit them well then tough luck buddy. That's just the way I thought of it then.

Then one day Bicyclekick joined me and I beat him in a large 3-6 pot (300 cent- 600 cent) and I sat out. He then went off on me for not giving him his button. I said what the heck and gave him his button and he went on his merry way.

Ever since then I have always been courteous to others and at least gave them their button if I didn't want to play them.

But the bottom line remains if I don't want to play them I shouldn't have to feel obligated to give them an equal amount of buttons. If I believe my ev isn't where it needs to be then tough luck. I havn't reverted back to this but I am strongly considering it
chinamaniac is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 08:15 PM   #447
ICanHold9Donuts
adept
 
ICanHold9Donuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,170
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjwhunt View Post
Aw man you gave him his best day ever and the 1st ever up blip in his steady eddie graph!
http://www.**********************/fu...er-search/peki
Someone had to do it. I'm sure one of you will be enjoying that 4k sometime soon.
ICanHold9Donuts is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #448
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,881
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinamaniac View Post
I have actually put a lot of thought about this type of thing over and over and I don't think people should get mad when they get buttoned.

If someone sits at someone elses table the guy that opened the table should be able to quit them whenever he feels he don't have the proper edge. Whether that is 1 hand, 3 hands, 5 hands or 91 hands shouldn't matter. If someone doesn't think they have the proper edge why should they feel obligated to give the other guy their button.
I strongly disagree on all sites except pokerstars - you have the option to not post, and if you post your small, you should then post your big.

On stars, i only mildly disagree. You see you always have "a proper edge" in position, and never "a proper edge" out of position, regardless. Just play 2 hands.

Quote:
Especially if it is a reg that joins the table and the table opener has quit this guy over and over in the past and has told them repeatedly he doesn't want to play them . That guy certainly should have no complaints if the guy that started the table sits out after 1 hand.
Oh that's totally 100% fine, I think we all agree with that. I think we are all in agreement. If I quit someone, i will always say "No thanks, don't wish to play, please make a note" etc, if the guy then continues to sit, it's his call and i will button him all day long.


Now when I first started playing HUHU about 8 months ago I didn't even think about this as if I was getting an edge by playing a button and quitting. I was quitting because I didn't like my EV. If someone joined my table and I quit them well then tough luck buddy. That's just the way I thought of it then.

Quote:
But the bottom line remains if I don't want to play them I shouldn't have to feel obligated to give them an equal amount of buttons. If I believe my ev isn't where it needs to be then tough luck. I havn't reverted back to this but I am strongly considering it
I mean if you don't feel obligated to do it, then don't do it. You may just be breaking some players morals. You may be breaking some sites terms and conditions (I know serial grimmers have been warned by support on some sites; i couldn't say if it was FT or PS or another). It's totally your call, just know that many consider it unethical to play a button and sit out in 1 hand with no prior warning.
Hood is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 08:31 PM   #449
chinamaniac
Pooh-Bah
 
chinamaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On the Internet
Posts: 3,717
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

Yah I mainly play Stars so I see what you are saying about the other sites.

I would never just button someone cause I feel I have an advantage and move on. I have just begun to think about this again . I will probably be "courteous" and give the other guy his button but I don't really believe that a player should really feel obligated to do so.
chinamaniac is offline  
Old 03-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #450
johnnyrocket
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnnyrocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: dreamin' of Mama Afrika
Posts: 9,277
Re: HUHU NC/LC Thread for March

yo gild, your old school fanbois want an update

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54...97/index3.html
johnnyrocket is offline  

 
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive