Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2018, 02:39 PM   #76
Rizzeedizzee
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,543
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdonk View Post
Could a casino actually patent adding another slot to a roulette wheel?
After some high profile litigation losses in recent years, the lure of patenting casino type games has faded. Plus, as another poster said, to be patentable, an invention must not only be new (i.e., not already out there in the real world or described in some sort of publication or other accessible form) but also not be obvious, and in the case of gambling where cards and dice have existed for centuries, it is much more difficult to pass those hurdles than in a relatively new industry like IoT.
Rizzeedizzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:31 PM   #77
JHair
Bagel Man
 
JHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bageltown
Posts: 4,409
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
Sounds like the casinos are making a huge mistake by focusing so much on retail and amenities. You should probably short their stock, take the profits, and open your own casino with player-friendly rules, the things that everyone says will bring in all the gamblers: single zero roulette, 3:2 blackjack, 85% pen, and a generous comp system.

I would definitely play at your casino.
The things aren't mutually exclusive, but you already knew that.

I'm not going to keep feeding the trolls here. If you're not interested in what I have to say, sounds like that's your loss. I mean, I only have in depth knowledge of how a casino works.
JHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:33 PM   #78
JHair
Bagel Man
 
JHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bageltown
Posts: 4,409
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollyWantACracker View Post
On the LV strip baccarat brings in 30% more revenue then blackjack which has 150% more tables:

http://gaming.unlv.edu/reports/strip_game_mix.pdf
This is absolutely true, capturing the Bac market is an extremely difficult task in most markets (incl. Vegas) without giving up the farm.
JHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:48 PM   #79
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 19,687
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHair View Post
The things aren't mutually exclusive, but you already knew that.

I'm not going to keep feeding the trolls here. If you're not interested in what I have to say, sounds like that's your loss. I mean, I only have in depth knowledge of how a casino works.
It's not my loss at all. I haven't played table games for 10 years or so and I sold my casino stocks 6 years ago.

If you do ever use your in depth knowledge of how a casino works to open or run your own casino, I will honestly be happy to play in a casino that is player-focused rather than investor-focused.

But I wouldn't invest for the exact same reason.
callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #80
JHair
Bagel Man
 
JHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bageltown
Posts: 4,409
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
It's not my loss at all. I haven't played table games for 10 years or so and I sold my casino stocks 6 years ago.

If you do ever use your in depth knowledge of how a casino works to open or run your own casino, I will honestly be happy to play in a casino that is player-focused rather than investor-focused.

But I wouldn't invest for the exact same reason.
I'm not talking about some sort of player focused casino? I don't know where you got that from. You made a statement that basically said table games don't make money. Blackjack regardless of 3-2 or 6-5 are still huge revenue drivers, and a roulette table is definitely not a waste of space or labor.

The goal posts keep moving, I don't even know what we're talking about.
JHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:29 PM   #81
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 19,687
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHair View Post
The goal posts keep moving, I don't even know what we're talking about.
This is my central premise: casinos keep making table games rules worse for the player because of a mixture of they can and they need to.

As other things become more valuable - e.g., nightclubs - and gaming volume goes down, gaming margins have to increase to be competitive. That means 6:5, triple zero, craps fields bet going down, etc.

Many gamblers try to justify why player-centric rules would benefit the casino - poker rooms bring gamblers into table games, table games bring people into hotel rooms, etc. They call for lower poker rates and better blackjack rules and almost always it very narrowly aligns with their self-interest.

Casinos are corporate now, they can - and are - evaluated by means common to institutional investing. That means if a table isn't doing better than empty space it will get cut. That means if a whole section isn't doing better than retail it will get bulldozed. (Look at the Venetian poker room as an example of what management thinks the value of poker is.)

You can do the math however you want (and I'm not saying you're wrong) but some bean counter in New York definitely is, and however they're doing the math the end result is that they think gaming is not the cash cow that gamblers assume it is. If they're wrong (and I would be happy if they were - I loved past Vegas), you've got an edge. Unfortunately I think they are right.
callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:08 PM   #82
JHair
Bagel Man
 
JHair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bageltown
Posts: 4,409
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
This is my central premise: casinos keep making table games rules worse for the player because of a mixture of they can and they need to.

As other things become more valuable - e.g., nightclubs - and gaming volume goes down, gaming margins have to increase to be competitive. That means 6:5, triple zero, craps fields bet going down, etc.

Many gamblers try to justify why player-centric rules would benefit the casino - poker rooms bring gamblers into table games, table games bring people into hotel rooms, etc. They call for lower poker rates and better blackjack rules and almost always it very narrowly aligns with their self-interest.

Casinos are corporate now, they can - and are - evaluated by means common to institutional investing. That means if a table isn't doing better than empty space it will get cut. That means if a whole section isn't doing better than retail it will get bulldozed. (Look at the Venetian poker room as an example of what management thinks the value of poker is.)

You can do the math however you want (and I'm not saying you're wrong) but some bean counter in New York definitely is, and however they're doing the math the end result is that they think gaming is not the cash cow that gamblers assume it is. If they're wrong (and I would be happy if they were - I loved past Vegas), you've got an edge. Unfortunately I think they are right.
Most of Vegas' issues have to do with saturation, and retail will suffer from the same effect, nightclubs maybe not.
JHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:28 PM   #83
iRaiseProffs
journeyman
 
iRaiseProffs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 239
Re: Triple Zero Roullete


Last edited by iRaiseProffs; 03-13-2018 at 04:39 PM.
iRaiseProffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 08:00 PM   #84
foatie
veteran
 
foatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DMV(egas)
Posts: 2,513
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

The degen in me wants to split $60 those zeros. Are they together on the wheel like they are at the Venetian?
foatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:20 PM   #85
robrich
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 320
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRaiseProffs View Post
The creep of this s*** through the strip starts
robrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #86
illdonk
veteran
 
illdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,671
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Within five years they’ll add fractions.
illdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:07 PM   #87
foatie
veteran
 
foatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DMV(egas)
Posts: 2,513
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Or two new colors.
foatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:24 AM   #88
Sooga
veteran
 
Sooga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: guitarding it up
Posts: 3,044
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by foatie View Post
Or two new colors.
Perfect - they could call it 'Rainbow Roulette'.
Sooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #89
illdonk
veteran
 
illdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,671
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Yeah, that would be a much more appealing option than fractions.
illdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #90
John Mehaffey
Formerly Pokeraddict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: @john_mehaffey
Posts: 9,831
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by foatie View Post
The degen in me wants to split $60 those zeros. Are they together on the wheel like they are at the Venetian?
Yes. They are the three green numbers at the top of the felt and the green box by the red and black on the outside bets. I believe it pays 11-1. If so, it's exactly the same as betting all three zeros straight for an even amount.

Last edited by John Mehaffey; 03-16-2018 at 05:47 PM.
John Mehaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 04:59 AM   #91
prickly00
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 718
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Edit user change all passwords.
prickly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:04 PM   #92
LEMONZEST
veteran
 
LEMONZEST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,724
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHair View Post
Most of Vegas' issues have to do with saturation, and retail will suffer from the same effect, nightclubs maybe not.
As a consumer I agree that the problem is saturation. People have essentially been playing the same handful of games since the 50's.

The casino's need to find ways to make gambling new and exciting. I just don't find playing Blackjack, Craps, or Baccarat for a long period of time exciting. I think many tourists feel the same way. Its fun for a short period of time but then people want to do something else. The problem is every casino is near identical from a gaming perspective. As a visitor I don't need 50 casinos that offer the same handful of games.

It is smart in the last years they have introduced Pai Gow and some other variations of games but they need to innovate more to make the gaming experience more fun. Just my 2c.
LEMONZEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:21 AM   #93
SpursDynasty
grinder
 
SpursDynasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 505
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

quad zeros with 2 balls ?
SpursDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #94
foatie
veteran
 
foatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DMV(egas)
Posts: 2,513
Re: Triple Zero Roullete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpursDynasty View Post
quad zeros with 2 balls ?
Now there's a game! Both balls land in one number paying 100:1. I'm writing a letter to the gaming commission Triple Zero Roullete
foatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online