Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2018, 07:34 PM   #51
Gzesh
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 1,364
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim88hk View Post
Don't have to show turn or river; I just make sure I show the dealer my hand face up as soon as my opponent folds.

Honestly it's a strange hand experience. Pre-flop I wanted to squeeze as much out of my opponent as possible but after seeing that flop I care more of the $450 instead; guess that's amateur hour for a tourist player like me. Haha. After I re-raised him post flop he tanked for quite a bit before making the fold; a bit surprised he was considering making a call with his hand.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not a lot of tourists out GVR way, nevertheless the games are generally soft.
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:51 AM   #52
golfnutt
temp-banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,799
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Good stuff.

You just have to play by the rules with BBJ.

Do they stop the game for all BBJ and ensure there are 52 cards? I hit one once. I was so excited that I can’t recall the exact procedure. The entire table was thrilled. Wasn’t a huge BBJ. Like $1,500 total in the jackpot.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #53
jcorb
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: banishment land
Posts: 1,726
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

I've seen a BBJ voided several times. Once a player had his eyeglass case on the table and since that could conceal a card (and against house rules), management avoided paying out.

Another time the players discussed the hand during play = void, and a woman was so excited about winning ~$25k she ran out of the room, with her pocket queens in her hand, and into the casino to show her husband. Since the cards left the table they didn't pay.
jcorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:59 PM   #54
golfnutt
temp-banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,799
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb View Post
I've seen a BBJ voided several times. Once a player had his eyeglass case on the table and since that could conceal a card (and against house rules), management avoided paying out.

Another time the players discussed the hand during play = void, and a woman was so excited about winning ~$25k she ran out of the room, with her pocket queens in her hand, and into the casino to show her husband. Since the cards left the table they didn't pay.
1) Come'on, eyeglass case? That is ridiculous.

2) That sucks, but those are the rules.

3) Hmmm. Tough call.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:18 PM   #55
Pokeraddict
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: @john_mehaffey
Posts: 9,778
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

The last time I played at Red Rock, two people that clearly knew each other roped another player all-in on the flop, then openly agreed to check it down. The dealer thought nothing of this when I commented that this wasn't proper. The floor was called. He said something like "This is not the Bellagio. We have friendly games and aren't stickler about rules." I haven't played poker there since.

It's funny to me that a poker room that thought soft play collusion when a third player is all-in is acceptable thinks that this is a reason to invalidate a BBJ.
Pokeraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:35 PM   #56
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 26,700
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Some people don't play poker. Often it is a floor or supervisor that used to work in a blackjack pit, etc. I tried to explain to one of these types why it was wrong to do what he did, and he just blankly looked at me and shrugged. This kind of stuff can happen in any big corporate setting. >cough< Planet Hollywood
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:52 PM   #57
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,484
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

If someone polled the players at all locals casinos probably between 90%-99% would think the jackpot should be paid in this case and in almost all cases. They wouldn’t care if a guy turned his hand over too early, if players discussed it during a hand or if a woman ran off with the cards to show her husband.
Steve00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:30 PM   #58
golfnutt
temp-banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,799
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve00007 View Post
If someone polled the players at all locals casinos probably between 90%-99% would think the jackpot should be paid in this case and in almost all cases. They wouldn’t care if a guy turned his hand over too early, if players discussed it during a hand or if a woman ran off with the cards to show her husband.
Of course players would believe it. The same number would believe that if the casino accidentally paid you $100 chips instead of $5 chips a few times that is their fault and they don't have a right to get chips back. Or, that Phil Ivey didn't cheat at Baccarat using edge sorting.

They also don't realize, especially in poker, the rules are there to protect players. This wasn't (at least initially) Station's Casino money. This was player money. The casino was protecting 99% of the players that contributed to the BBJ and were not present.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:13 PM   #59
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,544
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
Of course players would believe it. The same number would believe that if the casino accidentally paid you $100 chips instead of $5 chips a few times that is their fault and they don't have a right to get chips back. Or, that Phil Ivey didn't cheat at Baccarat using edge sorting.

They also don't realize, especially in poker, the rules are there to protect players. This wasn't (at least initially) Station's Casino money. This was player money. The casino was protecting 99% of the players that contributed to the BBJ and were not present.
It's so cute you believe that.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:23 PM   #60
golfnutt
temp-banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,799
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
It's so cute you believe that.
They are also wanting the jackpot to be bigger, agreed.

But they are also concerned about another situation in the future (inevitable) and this being used against them if they didn't take action.

Unless I am missing something in the story, the casino should win. That is unless the 2nd player didn't have any chips. But it wouldn't have gotten this far in the process if that were indeed the case.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:09 PM   #61
foatie
old hand
 
foatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

The nit-regs and OMCs at RR routinely do these "cutesy" home game manuvers which are out of line with the rules. They're used to not getting corrected so I'm not surprised something like this happened.
foatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:35 PM   #62
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,484
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
Of course players would believe it. The same number would believe that if the casino accidentally paid you $100 chips instead of $5 chips a few times that is their fault and they don't have a right to get chips back. Or, that Phil Ivey didn't cheat at Baccarat using edge sorting.

They also don't realize, especially in poker, the rules are there to protect players. This wasn't (at least initially) Station's Casino money. This was player money. The casino was protecting 99% of the players that contributed to the BBJ and were not present.
They don’t feel the rules protect them because if they had it their way, there would be no rules and they would openly collude in the most obvious ways in their attempts to hit the bad beat.
Steve00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #63
Gzesh
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 1,364
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve00007 View Post
They don’t feel the rules protect them because if they had it their way, there would be no rules and they would openly collude in the most obvious ways in their attempts to hit the bad beat.
Consider the "static" $20K jackpot offered at the V last time I played there. Are you telling me the rules there are not intended to protect the house from paying $20K out repeatedly, multiple times per hour ?

Does anyone, other than the casino, really care if 2 players make sure there is $10 in the pot should one hit a static jackpot qualifying hand ?
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:32 AM   #64
bpb
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,248
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcorb View Post
I've seen a BBJ voided several times. Once a player had his eyeglass case on the table and since that could conceal a card (and against house rules), management avoided paying out.

Another time the players discussed the hand during play = void, and a woman was so excited about winning ~$25k she ran out of the room, with her pocket queens in her hand, and into the casino to show her husband. Since the cards left the table they didn't pay.
Neither of these things ever happened.
bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:40 PM   #65
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,484
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
Consider the "static" $20K jackpot offered at the V last time I played there. Are you telling me the rules there are not intended to protect the house from paying $20K out repeatedly, multiple times per hour ?

Does anyone, other than the casino, really care if 2 players make sure there is $10 in the pot should one hit a static jackpot qualifying hand ?
Seems like you’re trying to make my point for me.
Steve00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:52 PM   #66
Gzesh
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 1,364
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve00007 View Post
Seems like you’re trying to make my point for me.
Only for the special case of a "static" jackpot offering.

As for what "players" in live games as a group feel or believe, on this or many other topics, I have no idea.
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:49 PM   #67
jcorb
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: banishment land
Posts: 1,726
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpb View Post
Neither of these things ever happened.
FYYFF
jcorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 10:59 PM   #68
playinggameswithu
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 153
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

These player funded bad beat jackpots are just promotional scams. Also I agree with the house on this,dumbf_ck player should just okay the hand not risk something like what he did. I'd be angry at the guy who flipped over the hand completely unneeded.
playinggameswithu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:33 PM   #69
golfnutt
temp-banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,799
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpb View Post
Neither of these things ever happened.

So he made up these non-interesting stories?
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:39 PM   #70
foatie
old hand
 
foatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

I'm willing to bet every real live player has heard the bad beat story about "the lady that ran out of the room with her queens to show her husband and DQ her from the pot". I've literally heard over a dozen poker players, just in Vegas who tell this story.

Funny thing is, the "lady" in every story is always holding queens. LMAO.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
foatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #71
golfnutt
temp-banned
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4,799
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by foatie View Post
I'm willing to bet every real live player has heard the bad beat story about "the lady that ran out of the room with her queens to show her husband and DQ her from the pot". I've literally heard over a dozen poker players, just in Vegas who tell this story.

Funny thing is, the "lady" in every story is always holding queens. LMAO.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk


I don’t buy the eyeglass container on table story really.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:12 PM   #72
Lattimer
I are smart
 
Lattimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New England
Posts: 11,860
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

I've heard the lady with QQ story before.
Lattimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:21 PM   #73
drbeechwood
adept
 
drbeechwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southwest USA
Posts: 840
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by foatie View Post
I'm willing to bet every real live player has heard the bad beat story about "the lady that ran out of the room with her queens to show her husband and DQ her from the pot".
What's weird about this, is why the QQ would be interesting by itself? She would also have to bring all 5 board cards to show her husband.
drbeechwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:18 AM   #74
ZenRabbit
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 309
Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

The best reason to not play in bad beat rooms is to avoid the inane conversations that BBJ rooms encourage. There is already enough inanity without the BBJ.
ZenRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #75
foatie
old hand
 
foatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Vegas
Posts: 1,468
Re: Red Rock Casino Not Paying On Poker Bad Beat Jackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenRabbit View Post
The best reason to not play in bad beat rooms is to avoid the inane conversations that BBJ rooms encourage. There is already enough inanity without the BBJ.
Amen brother.
foatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online