Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 02:24 AM   #76
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 801
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitedjustice View Post


This is at the Flamingo & Decatur location.

Augie, everyone, I'm truly sorry to have wasted your time.



I could go back to the original banning location at Rainbow & Alta for an explanation but, **** it, if it's not company-wide, then good on Rainbow & Alta.
Well, at least you know it's not a company wide policy so you can still go to PT's.

As an aside and as a local, I see those PT's all over the place. Never been inside one. What do you like about them when compared to other local bars? Is it just because you are a regular at many of the locations so you know a lot of people there ie fellow patrons and bartenders?
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:28 AM   #77
R*R
e.e.
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Please read my biography.
Posts: 9,847
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

woohoo. LVL gets a politicals thread. augie it's all yours.
R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:59 AM   #78
DonkHappens
adept
 
DonkHappens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,043
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISFITS View Post
I don't drink but will go there to give them some support. It's nice to see someone standing up to the 24hr a day anti American leftist propaganda stream. Sad how many weak minded have been brainwashed by their bs. Scary that some poker players would be fooled by them. Apparently you can do the math and look at the facts objectively with poker but then you turn a deliberate blind eye to all the facts and support a party that is actively trying to destroy this country. We are living the decline of a civilization because of Democrats. They have managed to take America from the Brady Bunch and Beach Boys and devolve it into the fractured, violent, drug filled country on the brink of destruction that we see today. Don't worry Democrats, you will get your wish soon, the incessant brainwashing, indoctrinating and fracturing of the weak minded whites along with the invasion of the bottom 30% of a 2nd world at best country has almost finished the U.S. . Soon every last thing that made this country great will be taken away and there will be no more Americans to speak up for our once great country and we will be the third world sh*thole that you have always wanted. This is actually a pretty accurate description of what's been happening...
http://www.heretical.com/pubs/fabledh.html
DonkHappens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:21 AM   #79
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 21,570
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepeeme2008 View Post
I pretty much agree with every viewpoint posted here so far.
Great overall civil and intelligent thread.

I thought I'd share a couple more things.

As I mentioned, I have an immigrant background. My parents are from the "old country" . I myself, thinking the grass was greener on the other side, and because of my ex, went and lived in Europe for some years. Germany to be precise. I thought I could offer some unique perspective from living abroad, on the politics forum, but nobody cared to listen.
Anyway, one of the things I learned to appreciate about America while living abroad was the civil discourse we have in this country.
Not in Germany but if you tune into political programs from many other countries, you witness nothing but shouting and people talking over each other and nobody listening to one another. Now I realize that it always hasn't been all koumbaya in this country either but I think never so bad like some of those other countries.
Then Trump comes into the picture and all of a sudden, people start to behave the same way as they do in those foreign countries.

I found that rather unsettling.
But it's not that big a surprise really. Half the people Trump hired as advisors are really foreigners. Like that slimy Sebastian Borka.

Now why I I use the word foreigner so liberally. Because living abroad some years, I realized a lot of what makes Americans Americans, or this applies to all countries as a matter of fact, is the mentality, social culture. You basically have to grow up here. Somebody from abroad just can't come here and impose their values, viewpoint. Like a Melania for example. Well , I could go on forever but maybe I should just end it here.

I don't watch CNBC anymore either. 24/7 nothing but the same thing.
Oh come now, this has been happening in the media political programs for a long, long time. Way before TRUMP was elected.
adios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #80
augie_
missed out on bitcoin
 
augie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 21,629
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHarrison View Post
I wouldn't have bothered if a mod of this forum hadn't basically thrown down the gauntlet and dared people to disagree.
I'd like to correct the record - I triple dog dared them
augie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:42 AM   #81
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 21,570
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude404 View Post
The problem with people like Tucker Carlson is he tries to come off as some type of intellectual of the right. But try watching him when he is getting his ass handed to him while debating. I have literally watched him call someone else stupid on air. I've seen him yell over people. I've seen him laugh at people. I've seen him cut people off. This is not what an intellectual does. This is what a scared individual does.

Tucker (and the rest of the anti-intellectual crew ie Judge Jeanine, Laura Ingraham, Hannity) does nothing more than present a culture war each and every night. "They are coming for your..." seems to be a common theme amongst this group. And, I have to admit, very effective amongst those of weak mind, lower IQ, and allergic to facts. All this group does is try to inflame their viewers instead of presenting factual information. But they are there for the ratings, no matter what it takes.
This has part of the post has a lot of merit. Hannity really doesn’t bring on many people that disagree with him. When I’ve tuned into Carlson it very often comes across to me as a hostile cross examination where it is just fine to badger the witness. Ingraham is actually much better, I think you just lumped her in because you disagree with her viewpoints.

Quote:
Meanwhile, they, along with Rush, and yes, even Infowars, are doing untold damage to this country. But hey at least they have great ratings, right?
This part is dumb. To me this comes off as over the top rhetoric. To me you are stating that they are doing great damage because you disagree with their political views. Basically what I’ve read in this thread is that people who watch Fox News and voted for TRUMP are low life idiots, deplorable (60 million plus voted for TRUMP). So conceivably just making the idiots smarter would provide better election outcomes. How do you propose to do that? I don’t think shaming TRUMP voters will have much of an effect. You are going to have to do much better than that.
adios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:43 AM   #82
augie_
missed out on bitcoin
 
augie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 21,629
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitedjustice View Post
Augie, everyone, I'm truly sorry to have wasted your time.



I could go back to the original banning location at Rainbow & Alta for an explanation but, **** it, if it's not company-wide, then good on Rainbow & Alta.
Pete the Bartender: Alright, boss! I listened to your instructions, only Fox News in the bar from now on!

Owner: Fox News? Fox News? You IDIOT! I said, "Nothing but COLD BREWS in the bar from now on."

Pete the Bartender: *looking at his phone* Got it boss!
augie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:54 AM   #83
adios
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Russian Troll
Posts: 21,570
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

On my next trip to Vegas I am making it a priority to check out PTs.
adios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 07:00 AM   #84
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,307
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars&poker View Post
This is awesome! I agree with the OP 100% and I hope all liberals agree with you and stop going to PT's. I have been looking for a bar that I didn't have to put with libs and snowflakes constantly making comments about my red hat (I wear it because I know how made it makes some people. I think its funny to watch the reaction and how it triggers liberals). Please... Keep spreading the word. Hopefully you can get this Liberal ban off the ground quickly. Stay strong and don't give up!
Congratulations on finding the safe space you have always longed for.
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:21 AM   #85
Gzesh
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 3,411
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude404 View Post
Well, at least you know it's not a company wide policy so you can still go to PT's.

As an aside and as a local, I see those PT's all over the place. Never been inside one. What do you like about them when compared to other local bars? Is it just because you are a regular at many of the locations so you know a lot of people there ie fellow patrons and bartenders?
It ain't a local bar, like the ones Jon Taffer "rescues" from drunk owners.

PT's is a branded bar chain that grew into Golden Entertainment from locals pub chain with a formula that is popular, basically ... video poker, some sportsbetting thru William Hill, sports on the television, beer, liquor, reasonably decent food, neighborhood clientele, standardized promos.

They also own the Sierra Gold business, which is a bit more upscale and larger locations, better food, different bartender outfits, etc. (I do occasionally go into Sierra Gold, not a patron of PT's ....

https://www.pteglv.com/ PT stands for Phil and Tom.

Golden Entertainment operates the PT Entertainment bars/restaurants which they bought in 2002, nine casinos and originally started as a slot route operator ....the industry which put video poker in every gas station and grocery store in Nevada. It is one of the successful startups in recent Nevada history, i.e since 2001. Think of it as the competition to Stations Casinos for the business of working people in the Las Vegas Valley.

https://www.goldenent.com/
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:02 AM   #86
Nepeeme2008
adept
 
Nepeeme2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: In position
Posts: 1,005
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by adios View Post
Oh come now, this has been happening in the media political programs for a long, long time. Way before TRUMP was elected.
Well, I forgot the names of the participants but I know in pre civil war Congress, after one heated debate, one senator beat the other one to a pulp using a cane. And we did have a civil war in this country, sure.

But, politicians in some other countries beat each other up on a daily basis! Forgive me for trying to say, we're better than that.
Nepeeme2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #87
Nepeeme2008
adept
 
Nepeeme2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: In position
Posts: 1,005
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Maybe I'm just a naive middle aged man, but I always thought of Vegas as a world of it's own. Void of politics and secluded from the outside world.
And I'd like it to stay that way. I don't want to have to start asking the ladies of the night first, " are you lib or conservative? "
Am I right?
Nepeeme2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #88
namisgr11
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 820
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by adios View Post
This part is dumb. To me this comes off as over the top rhetoric. To me you are stating that they are doing great damage because you disagree with their political views.
This isn't it at all. Trump gets policy ideas and personnel for his administration from Fox. The public gets a steady stream of one-sided propaganda filled with speculation, innuendo, xenophobia, division, denigration, and deflection. The damage is more profound than you think. And if it's rooted, as you claim, in 'their political views', then you've confirmed that what Fox provides is indeed one-sided propaganda. It's entertainment, but it most certainly isn't news or journalism.
namisgr11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:51 AM   #89
Nepeeme2008
adept
 
Nepeeme2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: In position
Posts: 1,005
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISFITS View Post
I don't drink but will go there to give them some support. It's nice to see someone standing up to the 24hr a day anti American leftist propaganda stream. Sad how many weak minded have been brainwashed by their bs. Scary that some poker players would be fooled by them. Apparently you can do the math and look at the facts objectively with poker but then you turn a deliberate blind eye to all the facts and support a party that is actively trying to destroy this country. We are living the decline of a civilization because of Democrats. They have managed to take America from the Brady Bunch and Beach Boys and devolve it into the fractured, violent, drug filled country on the brink of destruction that we see today. Don't worry Democrats, you will get your wish soon, the incessant brainwashing, indoctrinating and fracturing of the weak minded whites along with the invasion of the bottom 30% of a 2nd world at best country has almost finished the U.S. . Soon every last thing that made this country great will be taken away and there will be no more Americans to speak up for our once great country and we will be the third world sh*thole that you have always wanted. This is actually a pretty accurate description of what's been happening...
http://www.heretical.com/pubs/fabledh.html
I'm a liberal and I understand your concerns, I really do. There's legitimacy to some of the things you're saying.

What I don't agree with us all the drama. The doomsday rhetoric.
Liberals don't want to open the flood gates and just let anyone in but they don't want to put people in cages either. Did you know that a lot of those woman and girls detained by ice have been sexually abused?

Sure, there are extremists on both sides, but some of your fears are just way out of proportion.

I live in a very liberal state with very strict gun laws, still, my 21 year old nephew owns a hand gun and two hunting rifles.
No one is going to take your guns or your country from you.
Stop this hysterical fear mongering. The only thing it will lead to is the abandonment of our democracy and turn this country into another Syria or North Korea.

Come, let's meet up in the last bastion of sanity, Las Vegas, and have a beer together!
Love you
Nepeeme2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 10:48 AM   #90
FWWM
FOOT FF Fristion '15
 
FWWM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: hamster wheel
Posts: 8,503
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

So did the bartender in the other bar confirm it's not a company-wide policy?


Also this



Quote:
Originally Posted by sw_emigre View Post
This thread predictably went to hell in a handbasket, but i want to say to suited that I think your OP was well written and (in theory) could have led to a reasonable and even non-partisan discussion.

Then the internet happened.
FWWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:47 PM   #91
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 801
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by adios View Post
This has part of the post has a lot of merit. Hannity really doesnít bring on many people that disagree with him. When Iíve tuned into Carlson it very often comes across to me as a hostile cross examination where it is just fine to badger the witness. Ingraham is actually much better, I think you just lumped her in because you disagree with her viewpoints.



This part is dumb. To me this comes off as over the top rhetoric. To me you are stating that they are doing great damage because you disagree with their political views. Basically what Iíve read in this thread is that people who watch Fox News and voted for TRUMP are low life idiots, deplorable (60 million plus voted for TRUMP). So conceivably just making the idiots smarter would provide better election outcomes. How do you propose to do that? I donít think shaming TRUMP voters will have much of an effect. You are going to have to do much better than that.
I admittedly have not watched much Ingraham. So maybe I should start watching her to see if I agree with your statement regarding her ability to debate.

To answer your question, I don't propose to try to make Trump supporters smarter. That would be foolish to even try to attempt that. And not all of them are dumb. The more intelligent Trump supporters are just ignorant (most willfully) of the long term effect of Trump's policies. They probably agree with 1 or 2 of Trump's policies because it either personally benefits them financially (highly unlikely), they think it benefits them financially (more likely), or they have fallen into the "white male is endangered" trap. Or the "my Christian religion is endangered" trap. Or "my white America way of life is endangered" trap. Or the "they are coming for my guns" trap. Etc Etc.

Even these more intelligent types are beyond redemption. They have been programmed by Fox. Trust me I've actually tried to have conversations with more intelligent, financially successful Trump supporters. They also wallow in their ignorance as well. They simply regurgitate what they've heard on Fox. And you're right shaming any these Trump supporters won't work either. The only effective method to combat this infestation is to get more people out to vote in general. And to try to educate those non-voters.

They are doing great damage not because of my disagreement with them. That is completely immaterial. They are doing damage because the policies they support are wrong and will do damage to the country long term. If continued, history will prove me correct. We could get into a policy debate here and the correct path for America, but it's probably not the place to do so.
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:29 PM   #92
michelle227
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,978
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

What I find laughable is the assertion that anyone who voted for DJT bas "been programmed by Fox." The simple reality is that MANY voters, on both sides of the ballot (yeah, there are some third-party voters, but they are irrelevant for the sake of the us v them arguments) don't watch much in the way of national news programming. Even fewer base their voting on the content of the news/entertainment programming they may happen to see via CNN/MSNBC/FOX/NPR/et al.

Voters are generally going to vote based upon their best interests. And for MANY in the United States, the best interest is NOT open borders. The best interest is NOT artificial wage hikes that inflate all other costs and actually serve to harm the entry-level or high school worker. Some of the voters were EXTREMELY upset with a prior office-holder who outright lied to them on health care and where those lies cost said voters a large sum, which brings us back to the personal financial interest element. Those voters did NOT want a continuation of the tax and spend practices.

Let us also not forget about the voters who were upset at the way the national party chose to disenfranchise a major candidate. The party tried to deflect by pointing to the allegedly illegal gathering of information that exposed their activities instead of simply owning up to the fact they colluded to screw over Bernie.

I make no bones about the fact that my ballot bounces all over the place. I am not beholden to a particular party. I don't watch Fox News although I did laugh at the literal crying that CNN talking heads engaged in on election night. I DO watch FX and FS1, but that is about the extent of my Fox watching. When it has been on while in an airport lounge, I find CNN and MSNBC to be doing all they can to continue to divide the country by being anti-Trump, no matter WHAT he does. I even saw one story today that complained about his response on the Boeing issue, never mind that he wanted the planes grounded before the FAA finally did the right thing. Talk about damned if you do and damned if you don't...

Comments in threads like this one about changing barbers because the barber dared to vote for Trump or voices support for the office are just as stupid as the people that boycotted a private chicken company for the views of the ownership family. I continued eating at CFA because they make a damned good sandwich and the local shops employ a number of gay and lesbian teens. As a lesbian, I didn't agree with the family's political views, but I am smart enough to separate the person from the business.

It is clear from the way the mere mention of Trump or the sight of Trump apparel triggers some that I may have to wear my 45 jersey this summer. But you won't see me whining and sniveling because a television was set to a news program even if I don't agree with the positions adopted by the talking heads providing the entertainment (which is pretty much what the commentators are doing across the past 20 years).
michelle227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #93
'-'_@_
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 122
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude404 View Post
To answer your question, I don't propose to try to make Trump supporters smarter. That would be foolish to even try to attempt that. And not all of them are dumb. The more intelligent Trump supporters are just ignorant (most willfully) of the long term effect of Trump's policies. They probably agree with 1 or 2 of Trump's policies because it either personally benefits them financially (highly unlikely), they think it benefits them financially (more likely), or they have fallen into the "white male is endangered" trap. Or the "my Christian religion is endangered" trap. Or "my white America way of life is endangered" trap. Or the "they are coming for my guns" trap. Etc Etc.

Even these more intelligent types are beyond redemption. They have been programmed by Fox. Trust me I've actually tried to have conversations with more intelligent, financially successful Trump supporters. They also wallow in their ignorance as well. They simply regurgitate what they've heard on Fox. And you're right shaming any these Trump supporters won't work either. The only effective method to combat this infestation is to get more people out to vote in general. And to try to educate those non-voters.

They are doing great damage not because of my disagreement with them. That is completely immaterial. They are doing damage because the policies they support are wrong and will do damage to the country long term. If continued, history will prove me correct. We could get into a policy debate here and the correct path for America, but it's probably not the place to do so.
It's great how you're so open-mined, and understand everyone with whom you disagree, and they're just wrong, the poor dears.
'-'_@_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:49 PM   #94
Sheep86
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Where the wild slowpoke roam
Posts: 4,708
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by augie_ View Post
Pete the Bartender: Alright, boss! I listened to your instructions, only Fox News in the bar from now on!

Owner: Fox News? Fox News? You IDIOT! I said, "Nothing but COLD BREWS in the bar from now on."

Pete the Bartender: *looking at his phone* Got it boss!
Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #95
Gzesh
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 3,411
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepeeme2008 View Post
Maybe I'm just a naive middle aged man, but I always thought of Vegas as a world of it's own. Void of politics and secluded from the outside world.
And I'd like it to stay that way. I don't want to have to start asking the ladies of the night first, " are you lib or conservative? "
Am I right?
Las Vegas is Disneyland for adults. That you want to pretend it is "a world of its own. Void of politics and secluded from the outside world" fits Las Vegas branding.

With rare exceptions, idiots like Adam Laxalt or Sharron Angle are seen as bad for business. Except for Sheldon very publicly throwing money around outside the State, politics does NOT get in the way of the brand. In-state politics are about business, the golden goose that employs everyone. The Dems in Nevada are largely pro-business, voters know where their bread is buttered.

Apparently, the OP was fed a line by a random PT's bartender; a later post itt showed a clear image of CNN on a monitor, shot in a different PT's.

(In real life, politically, Nevada went for Clinton in 2016 and a large part of that was Clark County, where Las Vegas is located. Trump became the first Republican since 1908 to win the presidency without Nevada. )

Why would you feel compelled to inquire about hookers' personal politics? I'm certain it can be whatever you want it to be ....
Gzesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:13 PM   #96
augie_
missed out on bitcoin
 
augie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 21,629
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
Why would you feel compelled to inquire about hookers' personal politics? I'm certain it can be whatever you want it to be ....
Me: *getting spanked by hooker* Hurt me

Hooker: Congress should increase the power of the executive.

Me: Hey, no wait, st-

Hooker: 6% of millennials think "socialism" means being active on social media
augie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:27 PM   #97
FWWM
FOOT FF Fristion '15
 
FWWM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: hamster wheel
Posts: 8,503
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

^I take the over
FWWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #98
Nepeeme2008
adept
 
Nepeeme2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: In position
Posts: 1,005
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
Las Vegas is Disneyland for adults. That you want to pretend it is "a world of its own. Void of politics and secluded from the outside world" fits Las Vegas branding.

With rare exceptions, idiots like Adam Laxalt or Sharron Angle are seen as bad for business. Except for Sheldon very publicly throwing money around outside the State, politics does NOT get in the way of the brand. In-state politics are about business, the golden goose that employs everyone. The Dems in Nevada are largely pro-business, voters know where their bread is buttered.

Apparently, the OP was fed a line by a random PT's bartender; a later post itt showed a clear image of CNN on a monitor, shot in a different PT's.

(In real life, politically, Nevada went for Clinton in 2016 and a large part of that was Clark County, where Las Vegas is located. Trump became the first Republican since 1908 to win the presidency without Nevada. )

Why would you feel compelled to inquire about hookers' personal politics? I'm certain it can be whatever you want it to be ....
Are you saying that the girls will also do it with a liberal?
Man, I love Vegas!

Gzesh, America needs more men like you. Thanks for being a voice of reason. I'm serious.

Last edited by Nepeeme2008; 03-15-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Nepeeme2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 03:01 PM   #99
Nepeeme2008
adept
 
Nepeeme2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: In position
Posts: 1,005
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

I'm coming to Vegas in June.
Where should we grab a cold brew everybody?
Let's keep this thing Las Vegas lifestyle!

Which strip clubs does anyone recommend?
Don't matter if it's Republican or Democrat.

Like I told y'all, I'm a true bipartisan!

Last edited by Nepeeme2008; 03-15-2019 at 03:09 PM.
Nepeeme2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #100
suitedjustice
Bastard
 
suitedjustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Inside my own heart.
Posts: 6,999
Re: PT's Pub and Entertainment Group Locations Ban All News Networks Except for Fox News

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWWM View Post
So did the bartender in the other bar confirm it's not a company-wide policy?
I didn't ask him. I walked in, told him that something was going on in New Zealand, and asked him to put on CNN for a minute, and he put it on without making it seem like anything was out of the ordinary. That was good enough for me.

Last edited by suitedjustice; 03-15-2019 at 04:25 PM.
suitedjustice is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online