Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #1376
TurdFerg
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 195
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Hey Leon,

Fellow degen doctor here. Have been on 2+2 for 10 years and now finally made an account thanks to your awesome thread. Thanks for all the great stories. Degen wife and I will be in Vegas in January and Feb to grind the VPs. Would be awesome to meet up.

TF
TurdFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #1377
golddog
adept
 
golddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the beer line
Posts: 1,100
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Nice hits, leon, congratulations!
golddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 03:18 PM   #1378
leon
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,528
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerg View Post
Hey Leon,

Fellow degen doctor here. Have been on 2+2 for 10 years and now finally made an account thanks to your awesome thread. Thanks for all the great stories. Degen wife and I will be in Vegas in January and Feb to grind the VPs. Would be awesome to meet up.

TF
Good luck- I don't know if I'd be better off or worse if my wife was a degen (probably worse). When you say grind, are you planning on really grinding (as in, playing slowly, milking it for comps/free drinks/etc for all it's worth)?

Still not sure exactly when I'll be out next, but hopefully our paths will cross. I owe gobbo a meet up first
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 04:33 PM   #1379
johnzimbo
old hand
 
johnzimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A dumpster behind Jack in the Box
Posts: 1,421
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Can't believe I "used up" another dealt royal on quarters, no flip needed.
Yeah, I have been playing VP for 35 years and of course my only dealt royal was on videopoker.com. Someday I'll get a dealt one and get paid for it.
johnzimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #1380
TheCanoe
lazy degen
 
TheCanoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Flippin
Posts: 11,612
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Good luck- I don't know if I'd be better off or worse if my wife was a degen (probably worse). When you say grind, are you planning on really grinding (as in, playing slowly, milking it for comps/free drinks/etc for all it's worth)?

Still not sure exactly when I'll be out next, but hopefully our paths will cross. I owe gobbo a meet up first
I promise to stay under a .30 BAC if you let me come split some UX action next trip out. You click the buttons I値l just play cheap next machine over and buy some action
TheCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #1381
Bighurt52235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bighurt52235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: All your chip are belong to me
Posts: 16,899
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnzimbo View Post
Yeah, I have been playing VP for 35 years and of course my only dealt royal was on videopoker.com. Someday I'll get a dealt one and get paid for it.
My only dealt royal came on a 25c single line 8/5 bonus game that had the 50,000 credit reversible royal. Im playing and all of a sudden boop there's dad, right on the screen. It didn't autohold like I expected. Whats funny is the first (instantaneous) thought that went through my mind was if there was any way to get them to line up for $12,500! Lol
Bighurt52235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #1382
leon
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,528
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanoe View Post
I promise to stay under a .30 BAC if you let me come split some UX action next trip out. You click the buttons I値l just play cheap next machine over and buy some action
I have a better idea. We partner up and take turns pushing buttons. Way more fun that way. Only issue we'll have to figure out is how to split tax burden if we crush a monster.
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #1383
leon
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,528
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighurt52235 View Post
My only dealt royal came on a 25c single line 8/5 bonus game that had the 50,000 credit reversible royal. Im playing and all of a sudden boop there's dad, right on the screen. It didn't autohold like I expected. Whats funny is the first (instantaneous) thought that went through my mind was if there was any way to get them to line up for $12,500! Lol
So wait, you're saying you were dealt a royal, but not the sequential, right? That's probably why it didn't autohold- technically you COULD throw all the cards away and go for a sequential on the draw.
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 07:50 PM   #1384
Bighurt52235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bighurt52235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: All your chip are belong to me
Posts: 16,899
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
So wait, you're saying you were dealt a royal, but not the sequential, right? That's probably why it didn't autohold- technically you COULD throw all the cards away and go for a sequential on the draw.
Yeah, that must be it.
Bighurt52235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:35 PM   #1385
TurdFerg
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 195
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Good luck- I don't know if I'd be better off or worse if my wife was a degen (probably worse). When you say grind, are you planning on really grinding (as in, playing slowly, milking it for comps/free drinks/etc for all it's worth)?

Still not sure exactly when I'll be out next, but hopefully our paths will cross. I owe gobbo a meet up first
Yeah we def grind a lot more than you do. Haven稚 ever played TDB, always been DB people. But now you have us tempted to play TDB. We are also Cosmo centered as opposed to Wynn. That said we池e also gonna be looking for some flip and pay Poker at Mirage this trip thanks to you. Played it on VP.com and love it.

We have a similar background but I still play the regular pokers as well and my wife learned the games/supports me playing them to offset VP losses. Went thru the BJ and craps phases too and happy those are mostly over except when with certain friends.

Our real vice is eating and wine though

We値l be there Jan 25-28 and Feb 8-11. We値l keep track and hopefully our paths will cross.
TurdFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 09:37 PM   #1386
TheCanoe
lazy degen
 
TheCanoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Flippin
Posts: 11,612
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
I have a better idea. We partner up and take turns pushing buttons. Way more fun that way. Only issue we'll have to figure out is how to split tax burden if we crush a monster.
If it痴 after March madness I知 sure I値l have the losses that can offset a monster lol. Or just rotate on each 100k. Or just let you keep an extra 39% on the win and you eat the taxes
TheCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:08 PM   #1387
gobbo
Trust the fat man.
 
gobbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eating Vegas.
Posts: 15,549
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerg View Post
Our real vice is eating and wine though
YOU RANG?
gobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:47 PM   #1388
leon
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,528
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanoe View Post
If it痴 after March madness I知 sure I値l have the losses that can offset a monster lol. Or just rotate on each 100k. Or just let you keep an extra 39% on the win and you eat the taxes
Hopefully we'll actually have to use one of these plans.
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:03 AM   #1389
TurdFerg
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 195
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Yeah Gobbo, PM me about food, we’ve been crazy for Chada/Sen/Kabuto etc. for years. We were friends with Bank back when he was the wine director at lotus. Now he’s left chada though and gone to Patio. Haven’t tried that yet. Don’t want to hijack Leons thread but would love to chat food with you.
TurdFerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:24 AM   #1390
grando1.0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
grando1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,522
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

PM him. He's pretty much the LV ambassador here - you must earn his knowledge
grando1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:35 AM   #1391
drbeechwood
adept
 
drbeechwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Southwest USA
Posts: 1,121
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanoe View Post
I promise to stay under a .30 BAC if you let me come split some UX action next trip out. You click the buttons I値l just play cheap next machine over and buy some action
Both lies!
drbeechwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:38 AM   #1392
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28,563
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
So wait, you're saying you were dealt a royal, but not the sequential, right? That's probably why it didn't autohold- technically you COULD throw all the cards away and go for a sequential on the draw.
I saw a quarter progressive where I think the sequential jackpot was 21 or 22 grand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
Hopefully we'll actually have to use one of these plans.
First world problems.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:44 AM   #1393
Bighurt52235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bighurt52235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: All your chip are belong to me
Posts: 16,899
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
I saw a quarter progressive where I think the sequential jackpot was 21 or 22 grand.
Not noteworthy imo. Thats not even double the flat amount.


Outside the high limit slot room at Red Rock there is a bank of quarter DDB with sequential progressive that im quite certain was frequently (literally more often than not) over 20k.
Bighurt52235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:46 AM   #1394
gobbo
Trust the fat man.
 
gobbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eating Vegas.
Posts: 15,549
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

I saw a dealt royal progressive at Aria $1 10 play at 200k. It looked capped.
gobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:51 AM   #1395
Bighurt52235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bighurt52235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: All your chip are belong to me
Posts: 16,899
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

A good couple of banks to watch are the triple play quarters at the Orleans. Each line has its own royal progressive where one or more will often swell to 2k+, and an all hands dealt jackpot, starts at 5k but is often much larger, saw it reach 30k once.

9-7-5 double bonus is the highest ev game in the banks. Which sucks because i dont like playing it, i prefer 7-5 bonus when chasing royals to reduce variance.
Bighurt52235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 04:56 AM   #1396
grando1.0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
grando1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 12,522
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Re-duce var-i-ance..!?
grando1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 05:02 AM   #1397
Bighurt52235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bighurt52235's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: All your chip are belong to me
Posts: 16,899
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Yeah man! When i lived in Vegas i was frequently chasing royals with my very last $100 or so in the world.

While i do really miss playing video poker, my quality of life has greatly improved without it!
Bighurt52235 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:20 AM   #1398
Pensfan
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 727
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanoe View Post
If it痴 after March madness I知 sure I値l have the losses that can offset a monster lol.
There is so much knowledge in a statement like this that only a true degenerate can possess.

Well played, sir.
Pensfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:09 AM   #1399
johnzimbo
old hand
 
johnzimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: A dumpster behind Jack in the Box
Posts: 1,421
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighurt52235 View Post
While i do really miss playing video poker, my quality of life has greatly improved without it!
Blasphemy ITT!
johnzimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:07 PM   #1400
leon
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: CA
Posts: 1,528
Re: Ongoing video poker "TR", how long will this last?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighurt52235 View Post
While i do really miss playing video poker, my quality of life has greatly improved without it!
Your bankroll may have improved, but quality of life?? Heresy.
leon is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ゥ 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online