Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #51
Dominic
Tripod
 
Dominic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Vegas
Posts: 71,474
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2LV View Post
On a related matter, I love how ex-waiters and other poker players who barely have a high school education are all of a sudden experts in epidemiology.
I'm not putting anything in my body when I don't know what's in it!"

Yeah, what's in that Twinkie you're eating, you freakin' hump?
Dominic is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 03:48 PM   #52
fishsauce
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: on the menu
Posts: 44
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2LV View Post
Again, you're taking her comments out of context and leaving out the beginning of her statement. The question asked was if the Trump Administration approved a vaccine, would she take it. She said specifically that if the health professionals tell her to take it (when the Trump Administration approves the vaccine), if Dr. Fauci tells her to take it (when the Trump Administration approves the vaccine), if the doctors tell her to take it (when the Trump Administration approves the vaccine), then she'll take it. She then added that if it was (merely) Trump telling her to take it, then she wouldn't. What part of that is so difficult to understand?

And if you don't believe that's what she said, here is the clip itself from the VP debate:



What she said is no different than being asked if she'd take hydroxychloroquine since Trump recommended it, and her saying that she'd take it if the doctors and health professionals recommended it, but that she wouldn't do so just on Trump's recommendation.
Let's not forget that merely months before this debate, we all saw, on live TV with our own eyes and ears, that Trump suggested we inject disinfectant into our bodies to combat the virus. Is it any wonder Harris said what she did? You would have to be a moron to do something that Trump suggested without the backing of medical professionals. This is second-grade level stuff here, I don't see how this is even a topic of discussion.

fishsauce is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #53
TPeck
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 273
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Inquisitively asking
"Is there any way you can do that?"
"It would be interesting to check that"
"You would have to test that with medical doctors"
to the department in charge of testing new things to potentially find a solution.
but people hearing "HE TOLD ME PERSONALLY TO SHOOT UP BLEACH" just because they dislike the guy is beyond insane.
TPeck is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 04:51 PM   #54
Gzesh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 5,704
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2LV View Post
On a related matter, I love how ex-Presidents ...who barely have a Wharton education were all of a sudden experts in epidemiology.
FYP

In his first speech after his hospitalization for Covid-19, President Donald Trump stood on a White House balcony on October 10 and made a grand declaration about the coronavirus: “It’s going to disappear. It is disappearing.”

It will all be gone in a week.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...mment-tracker/

Pass the ultra-violet light and disinfectant in case it doesn't vanish.

Last edited by Gzesh; 07-29-2021 at 05:00 PM.
Gzesh is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #55
davehughes123
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 13
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
FYP

In his first speech after his hospitalization for Covid-19, President Donald Trump stood on a White House balcony on October 10 and made a grand declaration about the coronavirus: “It’s going to disappear. It is disappearing.”

It will all be gone in a week.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020...mment-tracker/

Pass the ultra-violet light and disinfectant in case it doesn't vanish.
Narrator's voice: "But it did not disappear nor was it gone in a week. Not even close..."
davehughes123 is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 05:22 PM   #56
DC2LV
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 2,961
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeck View Post
Inquisitively asking
"Is there any way you can do that?"
"It would be interesting to check that"
"You would have to test that with medical doctors"
to the department in charge of testing new things to potentially find a solution.
Ah, but he wasn't "inquisitively asking", remember? Or have you lost that page of the playbook? Trump walked back his ridiculous suggestions by stating that he was just being sarcastic, remember? He asked those sarcastic questions just to see how the press would respond.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TPeck View Post
but people hearing "HE TOLD ME PERSONALLY TO SHOOT UP BLEACH" just because they LOVE the guy is beyond insane.
FYP

(Republican Maryland Governor) Hogan said his state saw “hundreds of calls come into our emergency hotline at our health department asking if it was right to ingest Clorox or alcohol cleaning products, whether that was going to help them fight the virus.”

“So, we had to put out that warning to make sure that people were not doing something like that, which would kill people actually to do it,” he said Sunday, pointing to a recent warning issued by the Maryland Emergency Management Agency advising resident not to ingest disinfectants.


https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...to-exposure-to
DC2LV is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 05:30 PM   #57
Pork Fri Rize
Pooh-Bah
 
Pork Fri Rize's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Elbow reconstructive surgery center
Posts: 5,322
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Someone wake me up when Jen Psaki stands in that podium and acknowledges Natural Infection Immunity which is stronger than the vaccine (theraputic).
Pork Fri Rize is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 06:57 PM   #58
crsseyed
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,875
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
I'm not putting anything in my body when I don't know what's in it!"

Yeah, what's in that Twinkie you're eating, you freakin' hump?
LOL/ yeah, and pass me some more of those $0.99 hot dogs.......
crsseyed is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 07:05 PM   #59
crsseyed
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,875
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Religious Believer:
Dear God, is there any way you could sort out the idiots of the world for me?

God:
I could send out a world-wide pandemic.

Religious Believer:
Anything else?

God:
How about having a public anonymous forum where people could post their opinions.....?
crsseyed is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 08:13 PM   #60
Gzesh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: UTG
Posts: 5,704
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Fri Rize View Post
Someone wake me up when Jen Psaki stands in that podium and acknowledges Natural Infection Immunity which is stronger than the vaccine (theraputic).
Why would anyone want to do that ? (Wake you up, I mean?)
Gzesh is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 09:27 PM   #61
TrueAlbatross
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 61
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Peters View Post
There's very little difference nowadays between how reasonable people view the BS that many "conservatives" spout off on daily.
A lot of conservative talking points are BS. Let's acknowledge that. A lot of liberal talking points are BS. Let's acknowledge that too. Until people on each side take some accountability for their nutcases, and distance themselves from those opinions, it becomes pretty hard to move forward.

I've recommended people turn off the news, but alternatively, if reasonable conservatives exclusively watched MSNBC for the next month and reasonable liberals exclusively watched Fox News for the next month, they'd have a much clearer picture of the very dangerous flaws the other side sees in their group. It's not especially difficult to identify much of the extreme stupidity in your own political party (whichever one you support) once you actually start acknowledging it exists.

That's all your opponents are really looking for. They want an admission of the insanity that's going on within your own group, and they want an assurance that you don't subscribe to that insanity and you'll do everything within your power to drown out those voices with more sensible voices. If we're ever able to take that step in America, with friends, family members, neighbors, and beyond, we're in pretty good shape. Most folks are quite capable of being civil with one another, despite policy disagreements. We're not toddlers, and we should stop acting like it.
TrueAlbatross is offline  
Old 07-29-2021, 10:44 PM   #62
Trixie2
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Vegas Baby
Posts: 427
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

So after reading the governors order... He is requiring the following of the CDC recommendation that states you should wear a mask indoors if vaccinated...

Nowhere in the CDC guidance do they use the words must, shall, or required...

Who writes this crap for the government????? I don't really care one way or another, but for Stu's sake, just say what you mean...
Trixie2 is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 12:00 AM   #63
tomshooter
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 81
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

According to the AMA 96.4% of their doctors are fully vacationed. Out of the roughly 4% that are not 50% said they were going to be. I am assuming that Doctors know a little bit more about diseases and Vaccines then the average person or even the brilliant subset of society known as poker players. Me getting the vaccine at that point was an easy decision. If their wrong we are all dead anyways as there will be no doctors to take care of the sick.
tomshooter is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 01:20 AM   #64
madrobin
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 553
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trixie2 View Post
So after reading the governors order... He is requiring the following of the CDC recommendation that states you should wear a mask indoors if vaccinated...

Nowhere in the CDC guidance do they use the words must, shall, or required...

Who writes this crap for the government????? I don't really care one way or another, but for Stu's sake, just say what you mean...
Uhhh...the CDC...doesn't have...the authority...to order anybody to do anything...the use of language like "required"...would therefore be inappropriate.
madrobin is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 01:30 AM   #65
madrobin
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 553
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlbatross View Post
A lot of conservative talking points are BS. Let's acknowledge that. A lot of liberal talking points are BS. Let's acknowledge that too. Until people on each side take some accountability for their nutcases, and distance themselves from those opinions, it becomes pretty hard to move forward.

I've recommended people turn off the news, but alternatively, if reasonable conservatives exclusively watched MSNBC for the next month and reasonable liberals exclusively watched Fox News for the next month, they'd have a much clearer picture of the very dangerous flaws the other side sees in their group. It's not especially difficult to identify much of the extreme stupidity in your own political party (whichever one you support) once you actually start acknowledging it exists.

That's all your opponents are really looking for. They want an admission of the insanity that's going on within your own group, and they want an assurance that you don't subscribe to that insanity and you'll do everything within your power to drown out those voices with more sensible voices. If we're ever able to take that step in America, with friends, family members, neighbors, and beyond, we're in pretty good shape. Most folks are quite capable of being civil with one another, despite policy disagreements. We're not toddlers, and we should stop acting like it.
Nope. Sorry, dude. You're making the tired old false equivalence argument. The conservative BS is far, far more nonsensical than the liberal BS. Conservatives say the 2020 Presidential election was rigged. Conservatives tell us climate change is a liberal hoax. Conservatives tell us that Black people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Conservatives consider their sole mission in life to funnel money to their rich donors. And of course, conservatives elected a horrible, incompetent jerkwad to the highest office in the land. And then they stormed the Capitol--and are now pretending that didn't really happen.

I don't see any such extremist nonsense from the liberal side. The debate has moved from this policy vs. that policy to reality vs. alternate reality. Conservatives have disavowed any moral center they may have had and have decided to go full-blown late night talk radio loony bird. Liberals, by contrast, are trying to help average Americans. A lot of the stuff they propose is sneered at by conservatives as "radical," but what's more radical than storming the Capitol with the intention of slaughtering an entire legislative body?
madrobin is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 01:46 AM   #66
NLOmahaHL
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 269
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Pretty insane how so many were concerned with saving the economy, yet at the same time, refuse to participate in the vaccination process and/or properly wear a respirator.

Moreover, those in leadership that were so concerned with the health of the economy and aren't going hoarse urging their flock of followers to get vaccinated/wear a respirator are on the fringe of criminal neglect or at a minimum dereliction of duty.

Madrobin, your relentless battle is admirable.
NLOmahaHL is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 06:57 AM   #67
trob888
Pooh-Bah
 
trob888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,139
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrobin View Post
Nope. Sorry, dude. You're making the tired old false equivalence argument. The conservative BS is far, far more nonsensical than the liberal BS. Conservatives say the 2020 Presidential election was rigged. Conservatives tell us climate change is a liberal hoax. Conservatives tell us that Black people shouldn't be allowed to vote. Conservatives consider their sole mission in life to funnel money to their rich donors. And of course, conservatives elected a horrible, incompetent jerkwad to the highest office in the land. And then they stormed the Capitol--and are now pretending that didn't really happen.

I don't see any such extremist nonsense from the liberal side. The debate has moved from this policy vs. that policy to reality vs. alternate reality. Conservatives have disavowed any moral center they may have had and have decided to go full-blown late night talk radio loony bird. Liberals, by contrast, are trying to help average Americans. A lot of the stuff they propose is sneered at by conservatives as "radical," but what's more radical than storming the Capitol with the intention of slaughtering an entire legislative body?
Feel like this has to be a troll, but sadly I know it isn’t. You are completely insane and have no relationship with reality.
trob888 is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 07:24 AM   #68
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,096
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlbatross View Post
A lot of conservative talking points are BS. Let's acknowledge that. A lot of liberal talking points are BS. Let's acknowledge that too. Until people on each side take some accountability for their nutcases, and distance themselves from those opinions, it becomes pretty hard to move forward.

I've recommended people turn off the news, but alternatively, if reasonable conservatives exclusively watched MSNBC for the next month and reasonable liberals exclusively watched Fox News for the next month, they'd have a much clearer picture of the very dangerous flaws the other side sees in their group. It's not especially difficult to identify much of the extreme stupidity in your own political party (whichever one you support) once you actually start acknowledging it exists.

That's all your opponents are really looking for. They want an admission of the insanity that's going on within your own group, and they want an assurance that you don't subscribe to that insanity and you'll do everything within your power to drown out those voices with more sensible voices. If we're ever able to take that step in America, with friends, family members, neighbors, and beyond, we're in pretty good shape. Most folks are quite capable of being civil with one another, despite policy disagreements. We're not toddlers, and we should stop acting like it.
You can try to keep talking down to everyone to make yourself feel better about yourself, and keep giving out misinformation, but liberals are winning this war and it’s only going to get worse for conservatives and for people like you.

Liberals control most of the media, big tech, schools/universities, Hollywood, entertainment/sports/etc. Liberals have won the popular vote in 4 straight elections and 7 of the last 8. Most young people, non-white people and immigrants are on the left. Eventually the Supreme Court will be on the left, whether it’s thru packing the courts or by continuing to win presidential elections. Washington DC and Puerto Rico will eventually give us 4 liberal senators in addition to the country going more left. More and more states are going left like California (Nevada seems to be going in that direction) and even Texas is getting closer and closer to going left (see the results of the last few presidential elections and the gap keeps getting narrower and narrower). Once Texas goes left it’s over for the Republican Party.

And at that point, you can pride yourself on being a voice in the minority that is proud of yourself, but much of the rest of the country will actually focus on getting important things done without the racists and bigots in the way. We need drastic changes in this country and we need them now. Obviously this will be uncomfortable for many because they like the way their lives are going, but that’s too bad.

Quote:
Until people on each side take some accountability for their nutcases, and distance themselves from those opinions, it becomes pretty hard to move forward.
We are moving forward. See what I just wrote.

Last edited by Steve00007; 07-30-2021 at 07:37 AM.
Steve00007 is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 07:44 AM   #69
trob888
Pooh-Bah
 
trob888's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,139
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve00007 View Post
You can try to keep talking down to everyone to make yourself feel better about yourself, and keep giving out misinformation, but liberals are winning this war and it’s only going to get worse for conservatives and for people like you.

Liberals control most of the media, big tech, schools/universities, Hollywood, entertainment/sports/etc. Liberals have won the popular vote in 4 straight elections and 7 of the last 8. Most young people, non-white people and immigrants are on the left. Eventually the Supreme Court will be on the left, whether it’s thru packing the courts or by continuing to win presidential elections. Washington DC and Puerto Rico will eventually give us 4 liberal senators in addition to the country going more left. More and more states are going left like California (Nevada seems to be going in that direction) and even Texas is getting closer and closer to going left (see the results of the last few presidential elections and the gap keeps getting narrower and narrower). Once Texas goes left it’s over for the Republican Party.

And at that point, you can pride yourself on being a voice in the minority that is proud of yourself, but much of the rest of the country will actually focus on getting important things done without the racists and bigots in the way. We need drastic changes in this country and we need them now. Obviously this will be uncomfortable for many because they like the way their lives are going, but that’s too bad
At least you admit you're evil, so props for that I guess.
trob888 is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 09:38 AM   #70
lozen
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
lozen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 18,195
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Damn this Canadian had a trip planned for September. Guess that is not happening now
lozen is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 09:47 AM   #71
BigWhale
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. Julians, Malta
Posts: 375
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozen View Post
Damn this Canadian had a trip planned for September. Guess that is not happening now
Yep. Not going anywhere near Vegas until this bullshit (read: masks) are burned for good. Thankfully it seems a large part of the public agrees, as Ceasars recently reported a 42% cancellation rate on bookings - biggest sist December last year.
BigWhale is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 11:52 AM   #72
Franchise5
adept
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 731
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzesh View Post
Not all of what you post sounds accurate; but I am no epidemiologist.

Sounds pretty reasonable as an explanation however. So, close enough for NVG. I'll go for it.

Thanks.
Ha, yeah, I am no scientist either, but have at least tried to think about it and be reasonable. I admit I could be wrong, but logically it seems to make sense.
Franchise5 is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 12:01 PM   #73
SurpriseBetsX
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Posts: 28
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomshooter View Post
According to the AMA 96.4% of their doctors are fully vacationed. Out of the roughly 4% that are not 50% said they were going to be. I am assuming that Doctors know a little bit more about diseases and Vaccines then the average person or even the brilliant subset of society known as poker players. Me getting the vaccine at that point was an easy decision. If their wrong we are all dead anyways as there will be no doctors to take care of the sick.
Or perhaps the doctors realize that they will be out of a job if they don't get vaccinated? What does your gynecologist know about epidemiology?
SurpriseBetsX is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #74
BigJoeStack
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Toledo
Posts: 55
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

Ugh... my 1st trip back to Vegas since pre-Covid is planned for next weekend.. We both are vaccinated, but not looking forward to the mask mandate and dealing with all of that.. Now I'm debating on cancelling trip, because of potential shi*show, and not experiencing the normal Vegas Vibe that we are use to..
BigJoeStack is offline  
Old 07-30-2021, 12:42 PM   #75
BigBlue56
veteran
 
BigBlue56's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Garden State
Posts: 2,825
Re: Masks required for everyone starting 7/30/2021

We've got a trip planned for late August. 4 vaccinated adults.

We've started to talk about the possibility of cancelling. We're not concerned about catching Covid, or spreading it back at home. We simply recognize a couple of things. We have little interest in traveling to a hotspot, although we feel that distancing may be possible. We follow the rules and would be masked where required, which is at least a minor inconvenience.

We booked Vegas instead of an international trip to avoid unknown complications. Flights are getting cancelled and the idea of a positive test (false or accurate) impacting our plans wasn't appealing.

There have been other summers where we haven't traveled out of state. Maybe this is just one more?
BigBlue56 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive