Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #13726
R*R
Painting It Black
 
R*R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Not Backsliding a Fragile Moment
Posts: 7,850
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

A card is not required for cash poker but you should get a card to earn the $1 (Venetian) to $2 (Wynn/Encore) per hour in comps.

The lineups at the Wynn/Encore and Venetian for player cards are normally very short.

I don't think you can get cards online.
R*R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:05 PM   #13727
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,239
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

When I played in a tournament series at the Wynn, they had a sign-up desk for their player card in the poker room.

I like to sign up for player cards everywhere I go so I can receive email offers.
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:13 PM   #13728
Stu Ungar
Pooh-Bah
 
Stu Ungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,864
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Does anyone know of any poker rooms in Las Vegas that regularly have Big O (5 card Omaha) Hi only?

I would think maybe the Orleans, but I recently looked and didn't see any running.

Thanks for any info..
Stu Ungar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:25 PM   #13729
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 11,536
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

I'm certain that no casino in Vegas has that regularly. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen it listed on Bravo at any casino, and I check it regularly. Of course, I don't even remember ever hearing of anyone playing that game at all. I saw Big O pot limit hi-low at Venetian a few times, but I think it was during the WSOP.
chillrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #13730
TheChamp11
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheChamp11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: oiville
Posts: 6,799
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Big O is 5-card plo8

5-card plo (hi only) is a separate game.

I have rarely, if ever, seen 5-card plo hi on Bravo in Vegas anytime recently
TheChamp11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #13731
zoltan
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
zoltan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Off my lawn you little punk!
Posts: 20,107
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

I visited the Grove and overbought. Anyone with suggestions on how best to dispose of most of a pack of gummies pm me.

Eta: not taking them home.

Sent from my Pixel using 2+2 Forums
zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 10:59 PM   #13732
augie_
missed out on bitcoin
 
augie_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Springfield, IL
Posts: 21,388
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

just take them on the plane dude, i've taken felonious amounts of edibles on a plane many times
augie_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:58 PM   #13733
Videopro
Formerly Professionalpoker
 
Videopro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Henderson of course.
Posts: 16,868
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

For some reason Midnight Express popped into my head.
Videopro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #13734
TheCanoe
lazy degen
 
TheCanoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Flippin
Posts: 11,582
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

emailed my host at Cosmo to set me and my brother in law for a weekend in November, just asked him to configure us however just make sure we had two beds and two bathrooms (figured connecting rooms or whatever). He told me he will be putting us in a two bedroom wraparound suite. Im just trying to figure out wtf that is, ive never heard of it. I see they have a two bedroom city suite on the website, but it has no balcony. Id like to avoid bothering him with this if I can, so hopefully someone here knows. If it is a city room with no balcony, i may have him change the reservation
TheCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:52 AM   #13735
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,600
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanoe View Post
emailed my host at Cosmo to set me and my brother in law for a weekend in November, just asked him to configure us however just make sure we had two beds and two bathrooms (figured connecting rooms or whatever). He told me he will be putting us in a two bedroom wraparound suite. Im just trying to figure out wtf that is, ive never heard of it. I see they have a two bedroom city suite on the website, but it has no balcony. Id like to avoid bothering him with this if I can, so hopefully someone here knows. If it is a city room with no balcony, i may have him change the reservation
parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:02 AM   #13736
TheCanoe
lazy degen
 
TheCanoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Flippin
Posts: 11,582
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

yeah, thats the standard wraparound. I am asking about a two bedroom version, which youtube doesnt seem to have any info on either
TheCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 04:53 PM   #13737
Wyman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Wyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redoubling with gusto
Posts: 12,171
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

What do you guys use for water filtration? We have a softener and the drinking water still sucks/needs to go through a Brita, and the showerheads need to be taken down and cleaned now and again. The softener is end-of-life so weighing all options here. Whole home RO seems wasteful (only a small % of water goes thru yes?) but I see some "high-flow" products.

Hoping someone else geeked out already and has all the answers TIA
Wyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:40 PM   #13738
carlo
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,661
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyman View Post
What do you guys use for water filtration? We have a softener and the drinking water still sucks/needs to go through a Brita, and the showerheads need to be taken down and cleaned now and again. The softener is end-of-life so weighing all options here. Whole home RO seems wasteful (only a small % of water goes thru yes?) but I see some "high-flow" products.

Hoping someone else geeked out already and has all the answers TIA
Drink bottled water (spring water) and also use it for coffee and soup otherwise regular water softener for all else. Don't know your location but spring water here costs 88 cents per gallon(Walmart).

Culligan for monthly softening if you have this available but again location, location, location...
carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 12:29 AM   #13739
Wyman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Wyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redoubling with gusto
Posts: 12,171
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Thanks Carlo. I live over by Rancho and Oakey.

1. Trying to avoid all the bottle waste (yes I know there are solutions where the bottles are returned, etc.), but also I just want to make sure that I always have water in the house. Most importantly my wife wants to go this route and I don't want to pick this as a battle.

2. Want my fridge to make ice cubes that one could drink.

3. Want to avoid my showerhead gunking up, and having to clean my other faucets often.

So really looking for whole home filtration of some sort. Would do RO under the sink tomorrow but that wouldn't solve the ice problem.
Wyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:03 AM   #13740
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 11,536
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

This wouldn't be a whole house solution, but you can avoid bottle waste by refilling jugs at the supermarket for 30 cents a gallon.
chillrob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:08 AM   #13741
carlo
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,661
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyman View Post
Thanks Carlo. I live over by Rancho and Oakey.

1. Trying to avoid all the bottle waste (yes I know there are solutions where the bottles are returned, etc.), but also I just want to make sure that I always have water in the house. Most importantly my wife wants to go this route and I don't want to pick this as a battle.

2. Want my fridge to make ice cubes that one could drink.

3. Want to avoid my showerhead gunking up, and having to clean my other faucets often.

So really looking for whole home filtration of some sort. Would do RO under the sink tomorrow but that wouldn't solve the ice problem.
Culligan is a good choice, monthly fee and softner is changed monthly. they can give what your looking for. i don't think ther is any softner system that will make your drinking water and ice cubes real tasty but it and others are passable and worth it.

https://www.culliganlasvegas.com/
carlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #13742
wes c. addle
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 259
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Taxi vs Uber/Lyft from airport to strip?

Thanks
wes c. addle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:10 PM   #13743
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,640
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes c. addle View Post
Taxi vs Uber/Lyft from airport to strip?

Thanks
One is expensive, the other one isn't.
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #13744
TheCanoe
lazy degen
 
TheCanoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Flippin
Posts: 11,582
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

the cost opportunity of taking an uber from the airport isn't worth the $4 or $5 you save. Unless things have changed it took us 15 minutes to walk to the ride share pickup. As long as you don;t get long hauled it's only going to be $20 or so to mid strip in a taxi. The only way I would opt for an uber at this point would be if the cab line was insanely packed
TheCanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #13745
Wyman
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Wyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Redoubling with gusto
Posts: 12,171
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

I can see if you said "my uber took 15 minutes to get there" but the ride-share is: out a different door than the taxi, across to the parking garage (and there's a cop stopping traffic there so never a material wait), and up two floors (and there are 6 elevators in that bank)

Like I've had long walks from gate to pickup, but it's basically the same distance to taxi as uber.

I guess my view is: if there's no taxi line, Uber's cheaper and just as efficient, and there's no chance of long haul. And if there is a taxi line, you definitely want to uber even if it costs more.

My only bad uber experience from airport was a driver who got to town like the day before and couldn't figure out how to get to the pickup. Circled the airport like 4 times
Wyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #13746
grando1.0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
grando1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11,727
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanoe View Post
the cost opportunity of taking an uber from the airport isn't worth the $4 or $5 you save. Unless things have changed it took us 15 minutes to walk to the ride share pickup. As long as you don;t get long hauled it's only going to be $20 or so to mid strip in a taxi. The only way I would opt for an uber at this point would be if the cab line was insanely packed
This is exactly my thought process, especially when it's a million degrees outside
grando1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #13747
madlex
Custom User Title
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,640
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

With the average length of McCarrans taxi line, I don't think taking a cab is really faster than walking an extra 2-3 minutes for ride share pick-up?

If it took you 15 minutes to get to the ride share pick-up, you probably took a wrong turn somewhere?
madlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:31 PM   #13748
Carl_LaFong
grinder
 
Carl_LaFong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 568
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

FWIW, Any of the shuttles are way cheaper and run frequently.
Carl_LaFong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:48 PM   #13749
grando1.0
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
grando1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 11,727
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by madlex View Post
With the average length of McCarrans taxi line, I don't think taking a cab is really faster than walking an extra 2-3 minutes for ride share pick-up?

If it took you 15 minutes to get to the ride share pick-up, you probably took a wrong turn somewhere?
Last 2 times I went it was hot as balls and I wasn't familiar with the lyft pickup spot somewhere in the parking garage so just hopped in a cab (no line) cause who cares about 5 bucks in Vegas
grando1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 05:37 AM   #13750
mojojo16
old hand
 
mojojo16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,765
Re: LVL FAQ, Quick Questions, General Vegas Discussion, Etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl_LaFong View Post
FWIW, Any of the shuttles are way cheaper and run frequently.
If youre by yourself then this is true, but if you have 3+ people then a cab ends up being cheaper
mojojo16 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online