Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2016, 02:20 AM   #576
FredEx
banned
 
FredEx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Chasing the Dragon
Posts: 193
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cckid View Post
Yes I have heard it before from various people and its steak not stake. They say it in rounders as well something along the lines of I got my table set got Lugers but just don't have the steak. Meaning money.
Comes from the term steak-horse.

FredEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:31 AM   #577
zzxy9
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 94
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I don't watch all of Troopers videos, but I do watch from time to time.

I've met Tim in person, and he is a nice guy. I've played with him on multiple occasions, and have seen him both play well and seen him spew.

For those of you who are his detractors, give credit where credit is due. One of the major accusations I've seen levied against him here and in the previous thread, is that he never owns up to being wrong/acts like he plays great always/lack of humility, etc., so here he is admitting he is off his game, so is deciding to walk away for a time to get his head straight, and you still rip on him. I know he puts himself out there, so opens himself up to criticism, but really, it seems like some of you are just out to rip on him no matter what.

On another note, I greatly enjoy some of the newer vlogs, especially Andrew and Jake Cody. As a poker player, I enjoy the vlogs with more poker content immensely, especially seeing high level players taking you through a hand, their thought process, etc.
zzxy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:34 AM   #578
Blackballed
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 652
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cckid View Post
Yes I have heard it before from various people and its steak not stake.
ummmmm.
Blackballed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 04:55 AM   #579
Hellmuth was right
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,351
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzxy9 View Post

For those of you who are his detractors, give credit where credit is due. One of the major accusations I've seen levied against him here and in the previous thread, is that he never owns up to being wrong/acts like he plays great always/lack of humility, etc., so here he is admitting he is off his game, so is deciding to walk away for a time to get his head straight, and you still rip on him. I know he puts himself out there, so opens himself up to criticism, but really, it seems like some of you are just out to rip on him no matter what. .
agreed. trooper is making a smart decision that will allow him to put off getting a job for as long as possible. he should be applauded for it, not derided.
Hellmuth was right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:58 AM   #580
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 9,302
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Wow, Trooped folded KK to a check raise on a J33 board! What a sicko! Most players would have gone broke there.

Spoiler:


Trooper was right to quit playing for the day. He was wrong to start a 100 hour challenge. He is wrong to not work on his game including his mental game which is really really bad.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:46 AM   #581
steve420wa
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 531
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

oh trooper, why not a reasonable goal, like 20 hours in a week. based on watching the videos u barely did jack squat.

enjoy the nice apartment while it lasts. smh

also his people need to stfu about the election VIDEO was also dumb. railing about clickbait web articles (a college town offers puppy ptsd election services). i think he's a lot older than he may appear
steve420wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #582
steve420wa
grinder
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 531
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouinosino View Post
btw what happend to thetrooper and the beautiful kelly?
KELLY was /is a massage girl at the linq. Their relationship was work friends. Since troop doesnt work there anymore, there relationship is one of former coworkers at a retail shopping establishment.

There was 0.0% romance in the equation. So go ahead and goto Vegas and hit on her. Creeps
steve420wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 09:56 AM   #583
CarlGustavJung
banned
 
CarlGustavJung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 643
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Wow, Trooped folded KK to a check raise on a J33 board! What a sicko! Most players would have gone broke there.

Spoiler:
lulz

also,

your avatar has no context sir

i would suggest describing what the reader sees as he / she either does not make an attempt at guessing what it is they see, or are totally mezmerized and are prompted to ask the obv..."WTF?"

best way to do so imo would be to enter "Jizzing On My Keyboard" as your location...or maybe even stroll over to the undertitle thread and see what you can do? this way, when the curious inquire, you can answer in kind, explaining exactly what the avatar represents/means..

you can tell a story of HonestTim™


#MightWannaSticky

...HonestTim™ made a certain video which he immediately deleted not 15 minutes after being uploaded. in this video there was a violent display of psychotic profanity filled rampage, including 20 mins(?) of gossipy 2+2 forum bashing being shared on yet another couple social media platforms, as he and Lemon spewed hate on a cross stream production that i can only describe as RETARDEDLY CHILDISH.

def not something to be proud of for either clown professionally IMHO.

aanyhooo, there was a point in said video where HonestTim™ describes the "haters" on this particular 2+2 forum as having no lives and nothing to do but wait all day er smth to "JizzOnTheirKeyBoard"™ over HonestTim™ and his vlogs, smth smth...

... cause they are so infatuated ya know?

Last edited by CarlGustavJung; 11-20-2016 at 10:24 AM.
CarlGustavJung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #584
CarlGustavJung
banned
 
CarlGustavJung's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 643
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

moar fish-on-a-heater vids



he caught his heater perfectish timing no? vlog concept kinda new yet?

confirmed fish on a heater 3 years later?
CarlGustavJung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:20 PM   #585
PLIKITYPLAK
old hand
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,891
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper97 View Post
I hate FB. Can someone provide cliffs?
Closed group so no one can read the link you provided but I imagine the cliffs would go something like guy stiffs another over WSOP staking deal.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:36 PM   #586
Blackballed
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 652
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Wow, Trooped folded KK to a check raise on a J33 board! What a sicko! Most players would have gone broke there.
What a bunch. Dream Crusher has always seemed like he leads a sad existence but at least he was the most mature of the haters. Now every post he makes gets more juvenile. Are you Benjamin Buttoning, CrushedDreams?
Blackballed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #587
Me2theEV
adept
 
Me2theEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Near Madison, WI
Posts: 830
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLIKITYPLAK View Post
Closed group so no one can read the link you provided but I imagine the cliffs would go something like guy stiffs another over WSOP staking deal.
Obviously close. He ran a 3K stake for wsop events, played the first event and then none of the rest on the schedule, instead just random events at his choosing without consulting the backers.

One asked to cash out but got no response, and near the same time Jay was posting chip porn pics to his Twitter AND running a gofundme for the airplane tickets to see his kids.

Apparently he's also gone through a ton of poker dealing jobs while in Vegas.
Me2theEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 12:56 PM   #588
Bulljive
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Value Town Brah
Posts: 881
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlGustavJung View Post
lulz

also,

your avatar has no context sir

i would suggest describing what the reader sees as he / she either does not make an attempt at guessing what it is they see, or are totally mezmerized and are prompted to ask the obv..."WTF?"

best way to do so imo would be to enter "Jizzing On My Keyboard" as your location...or maybe even stroll over to the undertitle thread and see what you can do? this way, when the curious inquire, you can answer in kind, explaining exactly what the avatar represents/means..

you can tell a story of HonestTim™


#MightWannaSticky

...HonestTim™ made a certain video which he immediately deleted not 15 minutes after being uploaded. in this video there was a violent display of psychotic profanity filled rampage, including 20 mins(?) of gossipy 2+2 forum bashing being shared on yet another couple social media platforms, as he and Lemon spewed hate on a cross stream production that i can only describe as RETARDEDLY CHILDISH.

def not something to be proud of for either clown professionally IMHO.

aanyhooo, there was a point in said video where HonestTim™ describes the "haters" on this particular 2+2 forum as having no lives and nothing to do but wait all day er smth to "JizzOnTheirKeyBoard"™ over HonestTim™ and his vlogs, smth smth...

... cause they are so infatuated ya know?
You still don't watch tho right?
Bulljive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #589
FWWM
FOOT FF Fristion '15
 
FWWM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: hamster wheel
Posts: 8,396
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

The thread was better when Trooper talk was banned. Now back to the same BS with the same trolls as always
FWWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #590
surfinillini
pessimist
 
surfinillini's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 10,406
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWWM View Post
The thread was better when Trooper talk was banned. Now back to the same BS with the same trolls as always
No it's not. There's nothing horrible about this thread. Stop being a drama queen.
surfinillini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:25 PM   #591
PLIKITYPLAK
old hand
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,891
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWWM View Post
The thread was better when Trooper talk was banned. Now back to the same BS with the same trolls as always
Do you also enjoy 13 hour flights in coach and watching paint dry?
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #592
synth_floyd
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,727
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I wish he would give us an update on his bankroll, staking (if he has one), life situation, etc. His explanation for quitting the challenge is that he doesn't want to play just to get the hours in, but wants to play quality poker. The way he describes it is that he is just playing scared and maybe is having bankroll issues (or doesn't want to waste his backer's money?).
synth_floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:50 PM   #593
pocket_zeros
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,923
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I think it was smart for Trooper to end his session early after realizing he wasn't playing well. Normally those sessions end with him describing how he lost his first buy-in to a bad beat but then saying he lost 4 buy-ins total, without any description about how he lost the other 3 buy-ins. It's clear he lost the other 3 due to tilt. One benefit of the 100 hour challenge and playing long sessions may be him finally understanding that.
pocket_zeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 01:59 PM   #594
Conz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Conz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,877
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

every time i see a long, incoherent CarlGustav post i expect this thread to be locked next time i come back to the site.

Still like the Trooper a day vlog, and i know he wouldn't listen, but someone really needs to tell him that coffee is NOT THAT interesting. We know it's his thing, but i feel like every vlog is 5 minutes of coffee. talking about coffee, getting coffee, sitting and have a coffee, "I know what you're thinkin Trooper, where's your coffee?!" Nah i was thinking, "nice, no coffee trek."
Conz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:08 PM   #595
synth_floyd
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 5,727
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

^ this

Can we just ban the cancerous posters instead of locking the thread or banning all talk of the Trooper?
synth_floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:34 PM   #596
winnercircle
banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,782
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me2theEV View Post
Obviously close. He ran a 3K stake for wsop events, played the first event and then none of the rest on the schedule, instead just random events at his choosing without consulting the backers.

One asked to cash out but got no response, and near the same time Jay was posting chip porn pics to his Twitter AND running a gofundme for the airplane tickets to see his kids.

Apparently he's also gone through a ton of poker dealing jobs while in Vegas.
From a quick glance at his social medial, I'm convinced he just lives off that girl. Who are these people that just back anyone? Haven't watched any of his vids, but Jayden looks dumb as hell, and he looks cross-eyed from trying to look over that ginormous beak he has.
winnercircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:37 PM   #597
Bulljive
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Value Town Brah
Posts: 881
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

That is the analysis you can only get via winnercircle.
Bulljive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #598
wheydacheese
veteran
 
wheydacheese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,795
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
From a quick glance at his social medial, I'm convinced he just lives off that girl. Who are these people that just back anyone? Haven't watched any of his vids, but Jayden looks dumb as hell, and he looks cross-eyed from trying to look over that ginormous beak he has.
that may be in harsher terms than I'd use but...after watching his vids I would say he has a gambling problem to say the least and views poker the same as any table game/slots. in other words has no concept of profitable play it's just another outlet for burning $...probably not a very used one since his $ goes longer playing slots and video poker. he also seemed to be restricted to playing $5 in the video, not sure if that was imposed on him by the female or he had no other funding to work with but hey...hes like 54 tier credits from diamond which he is super pumped about (he mentions all the work that went into it playing slots and stuff) so w/e...free food and show tix.
wheydacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:15 PM   #599
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 9,302
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I guess all the work it takes to make a vlog just isn't worth it for Casey Neistat anymore, despite having 5.7 million subscribers. He has decided to stop vlogging. I hope Trooper doesn't follow suit.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 05:33 PM   #600
mitsi
old hand
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,630
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
I guess all the work it takes to make a vlog just isn't worth it for Casey Neistat anymore, despite having 5.7 million subscribers. He has decided to stop vlogging. I hope Trooper doesn't follow suit.
Trooper just needs any excuse to quit

"Do I want to be vlogging at 40, NO" - Casey Neistat
off topic a bit, but that Casey is a beast, his channel was still growing, he earning a heap, he said the vlogs were just easy now, and he could just phone it in and still bank money. But instead he gona challenge himself, and do other things.
mitsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online