Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2021, 06:27 PM   #47951
foatie
Pooh-Bah
 
foatie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: DMV(egas)
Posts: 3,823
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

PokerKraut with a new vlog. It's a good look into ehat he's been doing.
foatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:28 PM   #47952
LuvDaVlogs
journeyman
 
LuvDaVlogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 319
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Some general advice for someone in the Pmans shoes:

Set a target to save up to before you play now, and dont just play when you get your first check. Its a very tempting thing to do, but is so soul crushing to play with your case money and lose, been there done that. Try to save up like 2k or 5k or whatever x dollar amount you can think of now with the post sex clarity of vision that comes with being in that position.

Dont try to just jump up to playing 2-5, in fact probably just play smaller than you think you even need to online, and grind up money, itll give you practice and keep you involved in the game, no matter how much you think its beneath you.

Just save up x dollar amount and do the working and playing thing and try to keep a roll going, dont set up a thing thats like when i save up 10k or 20k i will quit work and become a professional player again, that never ends well and the people that i know who have done that do it a way that is like "ok im on vacation now" and they fail. Maybe not totally because of that, but it sets you up to fail i think. You should only be quitting your job when you can sustain your lifestyle through poker or other gambling activities at that time, and not before.

Everyone goes broke, i dont know anyone who is a pro gambler or gambles for a living who hasnt gone broke. So dont feel bad about it, its really a rite of passage at the end of the day.
LuvDaVlogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:40 PM   #47953
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Pman still has plenty of money to play with, no?

Lots of good players go broke but I don't think they all do and it's certainly not a requirement.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:13 PM   #47954
squid face
ChatThreadPrez
 
squid face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: grabbin c-notes from the money tree
Posts: 10,130
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Love da vlogs: I have been in the biz for a very long time. Neither myself nor most of my long term gambling pals have gone broke. It does not happen to every one. If you are a true pro and have good br mgmt going busto should not b an issue
squid face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:54 PM   #47955
LuvDaVlogs
journeyman
 
LuvDaVlogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 319
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Im not talking about 40 year olds with wives and children going broke, im talking about 20-25 year olds just starting out in life busting 5-10k BRs

Off the top of my head well known poker pros or god tier gamblers who have have publicly told stories about busting small rolls and being broke: Ivey, lucky chewy, Doug polk, Negreanu, Haralabos, joey ingram, Marle, DGAF


Also who could forget the hashtag king, if he can be gotten, then ANY of us can be gotten.
LuvDaVlogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:16 PM   #47956
LuvDaVlogs
journeyman
 
LuvDaVlogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 319
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Latest Trooper Results:


Spoiler:
LuvDaVlogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:45 PM   #47957
pmanprays
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Vegas
Posts: 252
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
Ya Iím all for Pmanís shot at poker. Let me know when it starts.
You are an angry little forum poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDaVlogs View Post
Some general advice for someone in the Pmans shoes:

Set a target to save up to before you play now, and dont just play when you get your first check. Its a very tempting thing to do, but is so soul crushing to play with your case money and lose, been there done that. Try to save up like 2k or 5k or whatever x dollar amount you can think of now with the post sex clarity of vision that comes with being in that position.

Dont try to just jump up to playing 2-5, in fact probably just play smaller than you think you even need to online, and grind up money, itll give you practice and keep you involved in the game, no matter how much you think its beneath you.

Just save up x dollar amount and do the working and playing thing and try to keep a roll going, dont set up a thing thats like when i save up 10k or 20k i will quit work and become a professional player again, that never ends well and the people that i know who have done that do it a way that is like "ok im on vacation now" and they fail. Maybe not totally because of that, but it sets you up to fail i think. You should only be quitting your job when you can sustain your lifestyle through poker or other gambling activities at that time, and not before.

Everyone goes broke, i dont know anyone who is a pro gambler or gambles for a living who hasnt gone broke. So dont feel bad about it, its really a rite of passage at the end of the day.
Online grind ftw
pmanprays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:23 AM   #47958
parisron
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
parisron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,594
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Not sure if this Rampage video from yesterday was talked about. He has huge stacks.

parisron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:17 AM   #47959
punkass
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
punkass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hip deep in pie
Posts: 11,901
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I like how we all give pman advice after each bad video. He says thanks for the advice. Then disregards.

Repeat.
punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:59 AM   #47960
Koshka
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 140
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkass View Post
I like how we all give pman advice after each bad video. He says thanks for the advice. Then disregards.

Repeat.
It's frustrating. We all agree that most in here are rooting for Pman, myself included.

Most aspiring pros that move to Vegas and take their shot usually do it at a point like Star Wars Episode 4-6, the middle of their journey. They do it after having some success playing recreationally and have saved up a roll of some size. When success is a possibility.

Pman is starting his journey from Episode 1, like he woke up one day and said ya I'm moving to Vegas to take my shot. Yay, I'm in Vegas. Ok, I guess I should learn basic fundamentals and strategies now.

Sorry if that makes me an angry poster as you say but the fact is, you haven't even proven if you can beat 1-2 long term. Am I harsh? Ya. Am I wrong? No.

If you are going to put yourself out there and you mess up, you should expect to get criticized. But it's out of love and a hope you'll learn from it. Now if you keep getting criticized for the same mistakes to the point you get irritated, you can either blow it off as those darn haters or finally learn from it and fix it.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:01 AM   #47961
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,027
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
Itís mind boggling why anyone wouldnít filter all the advice in here and listen to the good advice instead of saying ya thatís ok, Iím gonna do it my way.
Thatís most people in many areas of life though. People give a pathetic effort in school and work, they eat horrible diets, they drink and do drugs, they fall in love with and marry the wrong person, they commit stupid crimes and go to prison, etc.

If you tell an obese person over and over to improve their diet, even if they nod their head and agree with you, they are not likely to change their ways.

Doyle Brunson once said that you canít help people that donít want to help themselves.

Just like Trooper, Pman will be fine. Like he said he may get a job and thatís not the worst thing in the world. Trooper did that too. Pokerkraut never went pro and just plays as a hobby. So it Pman canít go pro, he can try a plan B.
Steve00007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:06 AM   #47962
Tanqueray
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 985
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvDaVlogs View Post
Im not talking about 40 year olds with wives and children going broke, im talking about 20-25 year olds just starting out in life busting 5-10k BRs

Off the top of my head well known poker pros or god tier gamblers who have have publicly told stories about busting small rolls and being broke: Ivey, lucky chewy, Doug polk, Negreanu, Haralabos, joey ingram, Marle, DGAF


Also who could forget the hashtag king, if he can be gotten, then ANY of us can be gotten.
Basically anyone that told a story of going broke has gone broke.

And those that didn't go broke are:

1. Old farts.
2. Caveat #2.
3. Caveat #3.

Therefore, everyone goes broke.
Tanqueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:08 AM   #47963
Tanqueray
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 985
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid face View Post
Love da vlogs: I have been in the biz for a very long time. Neither myself nor most of my long term gambling pals have gone broke. It does not happen to every one. If you are a true pro and have good br mgmt going busto should not b an issue
Everyone goes broke is the story we tell anyone who goes broke.

That's just how it's done, ok?! Don't ruin the story with facts!
Tanqueray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:31 AM   #47964
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 15,670
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve00007 View Post
Just like Trooper, Pman will be fine. Like he said he may get a job and thatís not the worst thing in the world. Trooper did that too. Pokerkraut never went pro and just plays as a hobby. So it Pman canít go pro, he can try a plan B.
The Trooper comparison is a terrible one. Trooper didn't put forth a great effort towards being a pro but at least he put forth an effort. Pman has yet to put forth any real effort whatsoever. Hell even Bike King put in enough effort to sustain his meager living out of a Prius lifestyle.

This thread's own ibelieveyouoweme$80k was considered by some to be the gold standard for laziness but that dude is twice as old as Pman, has way worse health issues, and yet was putting forth two or three times as much effort as Pman puts in. To group Pman with other "lazy" poker players is an injustice to the word lazy. Really we need a new word which means much lazier than lazy.

BTW, **** doesn't always just work out in life. People often make bad decisions that they never recover from. There are millions of people in this country who know what it's like for **** to not just magically work out. The reason things are going fine for Trooper is because a fire gets lit under his ass every time he has his back against the wall.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:04 AM   #47965
Outoftime44444
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 633
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Pman almost seems like he's living his college life.... looking for friends, excitement, booze while also working on his insomnia and other issues.

$1200 at the poker tables and $1200 at pits in a week is not bad long term.... like many said he can just get a job .
Outoftime44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 03:05 AM   #47966
Outoftime44444
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 633
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
The reason things are going fine for Trooper is because a fire gets lit under his ass every time he has his back against the wall.
And he has rock bottom aspirations and expectations.
Outoftime44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 07:31 AM   #47967
pmanprays
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Vegas
Posts: 252
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I appreciate you guys. Yeah, this is kind of like college life for me. I didn't go to college, and I'm finally living on my own.

I want to succeed. I know what I must do to succeed. If I fail, it's on me. I don't disregard your guys' advice; sometimes it just doesn't fully click with me.

As I said in my last vlog, I'm getting a job. I'm excited! I think it'll be good for me to have steady income, especially in time for WSOP. I'm getting ready for bed, I wish you all a wonderful weekend.
pmanprays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:34 AM   #47968
meshanti
old hand
 
meshanti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Desperate Dan Appreciation Society
Posts: 1,337
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

What's the O/U for Pman's last post ITT?
meshanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:01 AM   #47969
Outoftime44444
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 633
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshanti View Post
What's the O/U for Pman's last post ITT?
We all watch his videos, him posting in this thread is building himself loyal youtube fanbase ahah.
Outoftime44444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:07 AM   #47970
Franchise5
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 682
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
It's frustrating. We all agree that most in here are rooting for Pman, myself included.

Most aspiring pros that move to Vegas and take their shot usually do it at a point like Star Wars Episode 4-6, the middle of their journey. They do it after having some success playing recreationally and have saved up a roll of some size. When success is a possibility.

Pman is starting his journey from Episode 1, like he woke up one day and said ya I'm moving to Vegas to take my shot. Yay, I'm in Vegas. Ok, I guess I should learn basic fundamentals and strategies now.

Sorry if that makes me an angry poster as you say but the fact is, you haven't even proven if you can beat 1-2 long term. Am I harsh? Ya. Am I wrong? No.

If you are going to put yourself out there and you mess up, you should expect to get criticized. But it's out of love and a hope you'll learn from it. Now if you keep getting criticized for the same mistakes to the point you get irritated, you can either blow it off as those darn haters or finally learn from it and fix it.
To me the biggest issue is he has given himself 0 shot of making it. He said in his latest vlog that he has failed at being able to sustain his lifestyle playing poker, which it appears was his goal. In order to sustain his lifestyle he needed to do what? Pretty sure he said his rent was $1,500 a month (could be wrong, but at least that I believe) and he has to be spending $600-1,000 on other stuff, so his monthly nut has to be pushing $2,500.

Maybe he is super cheap on other stuff and it is $2,100, but that still means since moving to Vegas in February he would need somewhere between $8,500 and $10,000 in profit just to sustain his lifestyle. I am not aware of an actual long term hourly, but even if it is the magical $20/hr he and many others seem to throw around as a wage at 1/2, then he would have had to play somewhere between 425 and 500 hours just to sustain. If he plans on paying taxes he probably would have needed to make another $1,500-2,000 and put in another 75-100 hours, totaling somewhere between 500 and 600 hours.

That is just to sustain, not grow his roll, make investments for passive income, etc... That is 125-150 a month. I haven't watched many of his vlogs or looked over all his comments, but did see a post in mid April saying he had 23 hours that month, which is a maybe 50 hours month. He would have to be making $60 an hour to make his monthly nut.

In one of his original posts he said he wanted to make $35,000 a year. At $20/hr that is 1,750 hours. He was nowhere close to putting up that volume. I know he has medical issues that he claims caused him to be unable to put in volume, but he had those issues prior to coming up with the plan. If he knows he can't put in that volume then he has 0 shot to succeed.
Franchise5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:19 AM   #47971
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,496
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsOmNom View Post
How does Trooper handle signing autographs? I'm sure lots on here have tried. Is he friendly about that kind of thing or hostile?
He is polite but won't sign for free. Charges $25 if it is on paper, $50 to $100 if it is on his merch, depending which one.
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 11:57 AM   #47972
DarkOne
veteran
 
DarkOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Capua
Posts: 2,396
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLIKITYPLAK View Post
He is polite but won't sign for free. Charges $25 if it is on paper, $50 to $100 if it is on his merch, depending which one.
Lmao stop
DarkOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:18 PM   #47973
OFA
old hand
 
OFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,699
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by foatie View Post
This thread has some toxic in it but it also has some super sharp poker players and digital marketers that can really help his two passions. People want to help because PMan is a good guy. I'm down for the ride no matter what he chooses to do. But if the people that can help the most feel like he's not serious about poker or monetizing his channel then they're going to rescend offers quickly.
I also have yet to witness anything particularly toxic like Pman mentions. At the end of the day he put his vlog on here for views. The exchange for that free advertising is people will talk about you good or bad in the thread. You don't get to have 1 without the other im afraid.

Also if you believe the good you have to believe the bad

Last edited by OFA; 06-18-2021 at 12:23 PM.
OFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 01:38 PM   #47974
Reggie Steer
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 91
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLIKITYPLAK View Post
He is polite but won't sign for free. Charges $25 if it is on paper, $50 to $100 if it is on his merch, depending which one.
Who does Trooper think he is....William Shatner?
Reggie Steer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #47975
Reggie Steer
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 91
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

WTF is Brad Owen doing playing Daniel Dvoress heads up in a $25,000 buy in match?
Reggie Steer is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive