Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #40776
ChipsOmNom
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 37
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

In before "hi tim", but I think Trooper is a happy guy living life the way he wants to. He's got a life partner in lady trooper, plays poker and gambles, and then makes vlogs about it. It's a simple life but he seems happy. Hard to knock him especially if he makes enough selling merchandising and vlogging to pay his expenses.

Go Trooper and keep it up.
ChipsOmNom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:39 AM   #40777
AngusThermopyle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
AngusThermopyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 乱
Posts: 14,849
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLIKITYPLAK View Post
Can Boskie (or anybody else who knows) explain how the bounties worked in his last video? It seemed like every time you knocked somebody out you got all the bounties they collected, and if you got knocked out you lost yours. So the final person gets all the bounties. Which seems stupid because why wouldn't that just be part of the prize pool if the final person is getting them any way?

If it was a PKO (progressive knock out) tournament:


Say bounty is $200.
You knock out George in the first hand.
You collect and keep $100 while $100 is added to the bounty on your head, making your bounty $300. Rinse, repeat.
Half the bounty goes into your pocket, half the bounty goes to price on your head.

The more bounties you collect, the bigger target you become.
AngusThermopyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 12:28 PM   #40778
Stu Ungar
Pooh-Bah
 
Stu Ungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,339
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsOmNom View Post
In before "hi tim", but I think Trooper is a happy guy living life the way he wants to. He's got a life partner in lady trooper, plays poker and gambles, and then makes vlogs about it. It's a simple life but he seems happy. Hard to knock him especially if he makes enough selling merchandising and vlogging to pay his expenses.

Go Trooper and keep it up.
Hi Ti...wait, never mind..
Stu Ungar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:02 PM   #40779
Threeflight
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 147
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFA View Post
Hes pot committed on this YouTube venture now... Cant imagine he will ever give up on it unless his account gets closed for some reason...
He has to be what, 45 or so? He looks at least that. He looks kind of foolish riding that boosted board down the strip next to cars going 40 mph with no helmet or any protection. I wouldn't do that at 16 let alone 40 something.


Not sure what he thinks he can do you tube wise that hasn't already been done. Poker is dying in Vegas and so is poker vlogging. Plus, as I said he is just not very good at poker.

I think since he started playing again last week he is already down $600-700. A guy making $20 a video on you tube can't afford that. He must have inherited some money from that sister who died because he isn't making any substantial money from his business ventures imo.
Threeflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:03 PM   #40780
Threeflight
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 147
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipsOmNom View Post
In before "hi tim", but I think Trooper is a happy guy living life the way he wants to. He's got a life partner in lady trooper, plays poker and gambles, and then makes vlogs about it. It's a simple life but he seems happy. Hard to knock him especially if he makes enough selling merchandising and vlogging to pay his expenses.

Go Trooper and keep it up.
Poker vlogging revenues have gone way down on you tube. He can't be making more than $15-20 a video. Not worth the time to even do it imo.
Threeflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #40781
punkass
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
punkass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hip deep in pie
Posts: 11,545
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

You must be fun at parties
punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #40782
DefNotRsigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,539
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeflight View Post
Poker vlogging revenues have gone way down on you tube. He can't be making more than $15-20 a video. Not worth the time to even do it imo.
You do realize he has like 10 business ventures tied into people watching his vlog? Without the vlog no coffee (when he finds a new roaster), no face masks, hats, shirts, hoodies, trooper thursday, bubble craps, etc.

it's a marketing tool
DefNotRsigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 07:59 PM   #40783
Threeflight
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 147
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefNotRsigley View Post
You do realize he has like 10 business ventures tied into people watching his vlog? Without the vlog no coffee (when he finds a new roaster), no face masks, hats, shirts, hoodies, trooper thursday, bubble craps, etc.

it's a marketing tool

Yes.


I was strictly talking you tube revenue as far as my analysis.

As for his coffee and clothing biz, while those things you mentioned like hats and coffee and face masks were 'ok' sellers', those seem to have hit a wall.


Do you honestly think for example that the coffee company he was using would have stopped selling his coffee if they were making a $ ton?

No.

He has a very small, loyal but small, base that he sells to. But I think at this point everyone has had their fill of hats and hoodies who have wanted one.

Understand that he might average 7-10 K views a video. I cannot stress to you how small a number that is compared to what even the average youtuber does. Especially for how long he has been vlogging.

If you are not doing AT LEAST 50-75 K views per video, it isn't worth doing.
Threeflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:00 AM   #40784
DefNotRsigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,539
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I don't think troopers videos are really classified as the poker sub niche and is probably in general travel. PokerKraut is similar and he's shown his revenue a bunch and it's always 4-5 per 1k views. Different niche's have different advertisers and pay rates. Add in all the old videos he has and he's probably making 2-3k/month from the youtube before all his side businesses.
DefNotRsigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:00 AM   #40785
noon
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 322
It's the Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefNotRsigley View Post
... Add in all the old videos he has and he's probably making 2-3k/month from the youtube before all his side businesses.
Absolutely not, try maybe $500/month, and I think I am being generous.

Can someone who is knowledgeable on YouTube money stuff weigh in on this please.
noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:34 AM   #40786
opph20
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefNotRsigley View Post
You do realize he has like 10 business ventures tied into people watching his vlog? Without the vlog no coffee (when he finds a new roaster), no face masks, hats, shirts, hoodies, trooper thursday, bubble craps, etc.



it's a marketing tool
Selling different items doesn't count as separate business ventures

Nothing wrong with trooper doing what he does. He gets crapped on so much because he tries to promote himself as this big success story and "Boss" when he hasn't succeeded and anything. He'd be more likeable if he was more hubble

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
opph20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:26 AM   #40787
Threeflight
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 147
Re: It's the Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noon View Post
Absolutely not, try maybe $500/month, and I think I am being generous.

Can someone who is knowledgeable on YouTube money stuff weigh in on this please.
My company sponsors 4 different youtubers. They average from 25 k to 100 K views per video (way more than trooper) and make $1-2 per 1000 views, and it has gotten worse the past year as the adsense revs have fallen. So a 100 K viewed video "might" get them $200.

No one is making $4-5 per 1000 views unless it is the goliaths who get 3 M views or more per video and have all kinds of ad sponsors as well.

So if Trooper puts out 12 videos a month and gets a total of 150 K views, he would make around $200 to $300 a month.


Trust me it is not much. Everyone always overestimates how much youtubers make. Most people don't do it for the money. They do it because they want to become famous and be 'noticed'. In other words.....many do it because of narcissism.

Last edited by Threeflight; 09-21-2020 at 02:35 AM.
Threeflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 02:32 AM   #40788
Threeflight
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 147
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by opph20 View Post
Selling different items doesn't count as separate business ventures

Nothing wrong with trooper doing what he does. He gets crapped on so much because he tries to promote himself as this big success story and "Boss" when he hasn't succeeded and anything. He'd be more likeable if he was more hubble

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Agree. He comes across as a know it all unable to take advice. I have seen that in his past videos and in his messages. Doesn't make him very likable. Which is a shame because I bet in person he is a nice guy. He just has a chip on his shoulder.

On the other hand watch someone like Harold Baldur and his travel vlogs or George Bryan from Bryan Bros golf videos. Both are very likable and humble guys and you really want to see them succeed.
Threeflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 04:01 AM   #40789
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 7,138
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I stopped watching Trooper after he said he never tips waitresses, but I just saw this LadyTrooper vlog and holy ****, im really happy for him. She's actually really cute, cant believe he can pull that tbh.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 07:20 AM   #40790
punkass
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
punkass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hip deep in pie
Posts: 11,545
Re: It's the Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeflight View Post

Most people don't do it for the money. They do it because they want to become famous and be 'noticed'. In other words.....many do it because of narcissism.
There you go. You can stop the unnecessary youtube revenue analysis now.
punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:32 AM   #40791
DefNotRsigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,539
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

this guy explains exactly what i said

https://youtu.be/opXTv-SxJLw?t=215

different subjects have different rates per view. just saying $1-2 per 1000 is misleading.
DefNotRsigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:27 AM   #40792
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 843
Re: It's the Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeflight View Post
My company sponsors 4 different youtubers. They average from 25 k to 100 K views per video (way more than trooper) and make $1-2 per 1000 views, and it has gotten worse the past year as the adsense revs have fallen. So a 100 K viewed video "might" get them $200.

No one is making $4-5 per 1000 views unless it is the goliaths who get 3 M views or more per video and have all kinds of ad sponsors as well.

So if Trooper puts out 12 videos a month and gets a total of 150 K views, he would make around $200 to $300 a month.


Trust me it is not much. Everyone always overestimates how much youtubers make. Most people don't do it for the money. They do it because they want to become famous and be 'noticed'. In other words.....many do it because of narcissism.
Yep then work that $200 into how many hours it took him to make 12 videos. I guarantee you someone panhandling can make more per hour.

Now people do have a good point about how he uses his channel to sell merchandise. But again, how big is his market? Not very big.

But in any case if the guy is somehow making enough money to survive and not have a 9 to 5, more power to him. But then of course there are the haters (I am neither a hater nor fan of trooper) that will say "but yeah the guy is almost 50 with no health insurance no savings etc" to that I say so what. You have fun being miserable in your $150k a year corporate job and let others live the way they want to live their life. If you havent noticed, the average joe has been getting shafted in this country for the past 45 years (more noticeable in recent years) so lol at thinking it's a great thing to be part of the broke corporate "system".
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 01:56 PM   #40793
synth_floyd
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,385
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

I always assumed that his gf had some kind of independent source of income (inheritance, real estate, investments, etc.) and together they are living a low cost, low maintenance life like those FIRE (financial independence, retire early) people. I admire his choice of lifestyle. He appears to be missing out on the grind, whether that's the 9 to 5 of a job or at the poker table. (though the only snippets we have of his life are what he chooses to share on the vlogs and social media)
synth_floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:00 AM   #40794
noon
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 322
It's the Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by synth_floyd View Post
I admire his (TheTrooper97) choice of lifestyle.
What will catch up to Trooper later on in life is a tiny Social Security check.

You also gotta assume Trooper has no health care.

Eventually TheTrooper97 is gonna get wrecked on that Boosted skate board, and the poop is gonna hit the fan then.

He wiped out on it once before, and he suffered for days with road rash, bumps and bruises. He was darn lucky he didn't break anything.
noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:10 AM   #40795
Threeflight
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Posts: 147
Re: It's the Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noon View Post
What will catch up to Trooper later on in life is a tiny Social Security check.

You also gotta assume Trooper has no health care.

Eventually TheTrooper97 is gonna get wrecked on that Boosted skate board, and the poop is gonna hit the fan then.

He wiped out on it once before, and he suffered for days with road rash, bumps and bruises. He was darn lucky he didn't break anything.

Well he for sure, especially as a 40 something year old man, should not be tooling down Las Vegas Blvd going 40 MPH with cars all around him on a skateboard. Especially with no helmet or padding. That is just the height of stupidity. One fall with a car coming up behind him on the side and he is squashed.

And that doesn't even count how idiotic it looks as a 40 something year old man doing it and not a 17 year old.
Threeflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:41 AM   #40796
punkass
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
punkass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: hip deep in pie
Posts: 11,545
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Geez we get it
punkass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:37 PM   #40797
DefNotRsigley
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 10,539
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

i am very successful so i am going to criticize someone who i perceive as not successful on a message board that he doesn't read and give him advice that hundreds of people have already given him.

makes sense
DefNotRsigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:51 PM   #40798
ChipsOmNom
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 37
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

What does VIP stand for when Ben Deach says it in his vlogs?
ChipsOmNom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:56 PM   #40799
steve420wa
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 710
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefNotRsigley View Post
i am very successful so i am going to criticize someone who i perceive as not successful on a message board that he doesn't read and give him advice that hundreds of people have already given him.

makes sense
Hi Def,

Trooper reads the thread and has posted in it as pistol noon.

Do you expect people do go back hundreds of posts to see this advice? What's the point of a message board if this is your philosophy?
steve420wa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:59 PM   #40800
PLIKITYPLAK
veteran
 
PLIKITYPLAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,284
Re: Las Vegas Poker Player Vlogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefNotRsigley View Post
i am very successful so i am going to criticize someone who i perceive as not successful on a message board that he doesn't read and give him advice that hundreds of people have already given him.

makes sense
Did he mention that Trooper has got to be like, in his 40s or something? OMG, that is soooo clapped!
PLIKITYPLAK is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online