Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #576
LiveActionPro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,712
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Wow, how can you guys be serious there with AK???? I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:51 PM   #577
bubonicplay
Pooh-Bah
 
bubonicplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LV, $$
Posts: 3,934
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Dont be results orientated guys, the AK hand was played in a + ev way.
bubonicplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:14 AM   #578
eli924
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 375
Yup. Too bad you couldnt run it multiple times to save some variance juice.
eli924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #579
LiveActionPro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,712
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubonicplay View Post
Dont be results orientated guys, the AK hand was played in a + ev way.
Explain why it was?
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #580
kl352
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 260
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

if it was just hero and super fish, you'd be putting in 600 to win 1200 in a coin flip. by shipping, you're isoing to get it heads up. who cares if it's a flip, theres (100+100+25) in dead money in the pot, so you're putting in 600 to win 1425. seems +ev to me
kl352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #581
Shaffer
veteran
 
Shaffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Value-owning myself with 3rd pair
Posts: 2,556
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quick analysis. The initial reraise pre is super standard - not if UTG is a supernit or anything but he's a moron so we absolutely must reraise, particularly with 25 of basically dead money in play from the asian kid. Our raise is basically pot-sized so size is pretty standard too.

The SB flatting isn't that big of a deal since he's a fish. The BB flatting is a bit more worrisome - it's possible he's tarping with a big hand, but with this much stupid money in the pot it's entirely possible he just has a hand like JJ, AK, or AQs that he can't bring himself to fold but doesn't want to raise. The number of combos of those hands seriously dominates the only hands we're actually worried about - AA and KK. This is particularly true if we think he thinks we're good and aggressive, since he should know we're squeezing pretty wide here.

When UTG comes back over the top we should be salivating. It's almost a guarantee he doesn't have AA/KK since you can pretty reliably expect a superfish to slowplay. The fact that he showed up with A6s here probably means hero had a read on him that he's showing up with all kinds of stupid **** here, so we absolutely have to be shoving here to get heads up with him if at all possible; if the BB shows up huge then so be it, but the amount of dead money in the pot and the fact that 2/3 of the villains left in the pot are droolers means the gambool is hugely +EV here.

Obviously it's unfortunate the BB showed up with KK here but his range is much wider and most of the time we're just going to get him out of the way and either get to race, or play in a spot where we dominate, with his extra $100 juicing the pot.

This isn't me saying "zomg AK get it in hurrrrr" - the balance of the hand is completely tilted by the fact that UTG is a megafish that we should be kicking over old ladies for the chance to get it in with (case in point, he's capable of 4betting in this spot with A6s and probably only folded because there were multiple callers).
Shaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:54 PM   #582
NameOnTheCake
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NameOnTheCake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: we're not enemies, we just disagree
Posts: 19,597
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

I think in this case 'zomg AK get it in hurrrr' is sufficient lol. nh
NameOnTheCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #583
imakeposts
old hand
 
imakeposts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,798
So after careful thought my conclusion on the hand is LiveActionPro is a nit.. Jkjk
imakeposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #584
elkhartdave
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 77
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

You overplayed AK in that situation deal with it and learn from the mistake.
elkhartdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #585
thenorcaljew
 
thenorcaljew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lost Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,725
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhartdave View Post
You overplayed AK in that situation deal with it and learn from the mistake.
obv level, dont try and boggle our minds anymore pls =)
thenorcaljew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:14 PM   #586
bubonicplay
Pooh-Bah
 
bubonicplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: LV, $$
Posts: 3,934
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhartdave View Post
You overplayed AK in that situation deal with it and learn from the mistake.
It's lunchtime for trolls
bubonicplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #587
jobrien2
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 39
AK hand was standard cooler with dead money in pot. Let's move on to some other fun situations/reads.
jobrien2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #588
LiveActionPro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,712
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakeposts View Post
So after careful thought my conclusion on the hand is LiveActionPro is a nit.. Jkjk
Yes I am a pretty tight player = ) But it gets the job done so I am ok with it.
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:25 AM   #589
imakeposts
old hand
 
imakeposts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,798
The blah blah blah in the title pretty much sums up tonight's session. Got to mgm at 6ish tonight with intentions of putting in a good long session and let's just say I was on my way to get my car at 815 minus 700. Funny how things work out. I know what you're thinking and no I didn't hit the bj table on the way out. Couple fairly standard spots (liveactionpro folds) and a 3 barrel bluff took me to the cleaners.

Hand 1: I've been the table for about a half hour and should have a tag image.. I've raised pre a couple times and took all of down pre.. I showed AKs and kk 2 of the times because they were my first 2 hands and I figured it would take help create an account good image.. Villan in question has played with me before about a month ago. I'm not sure if he remembers me or not. My read on him is he is fairly solid, but I was able to push him around a bit by barreling him and getting him to fold weak hands on the turn or river.

I raise from mp with AQh to 10 he calls on button. Stacks are about 210ish effective. We are hu to the flop

Flop: 773 rainbow
I lead 16 into 20pot he calls
He is totally capable of flating suited aces and face cards with intentions of betting turn if I check as well as I think he will flat all medium pairs 22-99 I think he is raising 10s+.. If he has a 7 idk he probably flips a mental coin and decides. I have intentions firing turn and river assuming I don't get raised.. If I smack a ace or queen I might pot control and check back river.

Turn. 5s. 7735 board 2 spades.
I fire 32 he thinks for 30seconds or so and calls.
I'm now really leaning towards mediumish pairs now and feel there is a very good chance I can push him off these.. So I'll be firing most rivers.. I think any 10s+ hands, 7s, or, fullhouses are raising. I might check back aces, queens for pot control on river. (maybe like 75%bet and25%check). And I think I'm checking back if the board double pairs.

River 9h
I lead for 85 he calls and shows q3cc. I get owned
Guess my reads of his range were on but my reads of him folding were not.

Hand 2. New player that's been on a mini rush since he sat down.. seems fairly solid but has been playing a bit loose pre and catching flops/turns and cracking over pairs. Most of his opens are between 13-17.. With hands rangeing from kk to aq to 99.
Effective stacks 120

He opens to 17 from utg.. Folds around to me in sb I rereraise with AKccto 47 he puts me all in I call he shows kk
Flops: K35 rainbow turn 5c (2clubs) and river 9

Hand 3. Same villain from hand 2
Effective stacks 220-230
4 people limp including villain from utg.. I raise to 15 with 77 from Hijack and only utg calls.

Flop. 67q rainbow
He checks I bet 22 he calls
He could have any pair here and any strait draw.

Turns an 8 putting the Q and 8 of clubs on the board
He checks I bet 54 he puts me all in for my last 130 or so I call he shows 54 for the strait river bricks out.

And there goes my my plans of nice long profitable session. Variance has gotta catch up evetually

Anyways gonna watch some game of thrones and try and talk the lady into sexy time, and hopefully I run better in thaT lol

Game of thrones kicks ass btw

Last edited by imakeposts; 03-30-2012 at 12:51 AM.
imakeposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #590
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 31,175
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
Probably. I'd be hating it but I'd be hating playing for my stack even worse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorcaljew View Post
=)
Meh, too many people stayed in the hand after the 3-bet for me to believe that nobody is paired and that I still have 6 outs.

You guys win a lot more than me so maybe you know best, but every time I get in a hand like that playing live, I get crushed.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #591
LiveActionPro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,712
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
Meh, too many people stayed in the hand after the 3-bet for me to believe that nobody is paired and that I still have 6 outs.

You guys win a lot more than me so maybe you know best, but every time I get in a hand like that playing live, I get crushed.
Finally someone sees it my way! lol
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 AM   #592
LiveActionPro
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
LiveActionPro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,712
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

This might sound crazy but if you happen to get a bank roll where you feel your comfortable traveling id like it if you flew out to my neck of the woods and play in some of the juicest 1-3 NL underground games, You would be crashing at my pad so all you would have to pay for is the flight. Just to give you idea, it was 5 handed last night, I had 1300 infron, two other players had around 2300, one had around 800 and the last guy who is the biggest fish got felted and then reloaded for 5k lol
LiveActionPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:23 AM   #593
thenorcaljew
 
thenorcaljew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lost Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,725
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
Meh, too many people stayed in the hand after the 3-bet for me to believe that nobody is paired and that I still have 6 outs.

You guys win a lot more than me so maybe you know best, but every time I get in a hand like that playing live, I get crushed.
thats just being results oriented, not a good thing!
thenorcaljew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:31 AM   #594
thenorcaljew
 
thenorcaljew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lost Vegas, NV
Posts: 6,725
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakeposts View Post
The blah blah blah in the title pretty much sums up tonight's session. Got to mgm at 6ish tonight with intentions of putting in a good long session and let's just say I was on my way to get my car at 815 minus 700. Funny how things work out. I know what you're thinking and no I didn't hit the bj table on the way out. Couple fairly standard spots (liveactionpro folds) and a 3 barrel bluff took me to the cleaners.

Hand 1: I've been the table for about a half hour and should have a tag image.. I've raised pre a couple times and took all of down pre.. I showed AKs and kk 2 of the times because they were my first 2 hands and I figured it would take help create an account good image.. Villan in question has played with me before about a month ago. I'm not sure if he remembers me or not. My read on him is he is fairly solid, but I was able to push him around a bit by barreling him and getting him to fold weak hands on the turn or river.

I raise from mp with AQh to 10 he calls on button. Stacks are about 210ish effective. We are hu to the flop

Flop: 773 rainbow
I lead 16 into 20pot he calls
He is totally capable of flating suited aces and face cards with intentions of betting turn if I check as well as I think he will flat all medium pairs 22-99 I think he is raising 10s+.. If he has a 7 idk he probably flips a mental coin and decides. I have intentions firing turn and river assuming I don't get raised.. If I smack a ace or queen I might pot control and check back river.
i dont like the part where you said youd think about pot controlling if you hit your best cards, dislike the river bet as well, not a good card for you to keep firing, especially if you think hes solid, once he calls turn hes not going to be folding on that card, J+ are cards i would think about firing, mayyyyybe a spade

dont show good hands when raising early on in a sesh imo, will help you build a loose and wild image, might help you get paid off like ninja
thenorcaljew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #595
dedmau5
adept
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Austin
Posts: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorcaljew View Post
thats just being results oriented, not a good thing!
With repsect to this discussion, IMP clearly played this hand correctly in isolation - he got the $ in on an EV+ (due to dead $) flip. The issue I have with it is that he was taking a shot with only one bullet. He took the correct but high variance play in a short-handed game with fish where he had a clear advantage and if he lost he was out. If you were willing to buy in again, make this play all day. If you're not, you can find better spots. It would make me sick to ship $700 to a fish and then have to walk away from the table.
dedmau5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #596
Henry_Sugar
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 371
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

imakeposts,

back to the V tonight imo
Henry_Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #597
imakeposts
old hand
 
imakeposts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_Sugar View Post
imakeposts,

back to the V tonight imo
Agreed
imakeposts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #598
Shannon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 61
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedmau5 View Post
With repsect to this discussion, IMP clearly played this hand correctly in isolation - he got the $ in on an EV+ (due to dead $) flip. The issue I have with it is that he was taking a shot with only one bullet. He took the correct but high variance play in a short-handed game with fish where he had a clear advantage and if he lost he was out. If you were willing to buy in again, make this play all day. If you're not, you can find better spots. It would make me sick to ship $700 to a fish and then have to walk away from the table.
Clear Winner....... although others have alluded to it. That shove represented about 15% of your current role if I'm not mistaken?

Couple personal questions if you don't mind IMP - how solid is the remainder of your role that you are expecting, in other words, is it at all possible that money will not come through? And how about doing some math for us on your current hourly rate, not including the money made back at the BJ table, only the loss in the 2/5 and yesterday's tough beats. I thought hand 2 was spewy BTW. Not criticising, if you didn't have wife and kids I would be morally opposed to offering any opinions to my competition at all and would say nothing.

I personally have no need to be an aggro balla, all I care about is walking out of the casino most nights with a few hundred more than I walked in with. I fold hands all the peen waving in this thread would cringe at, but I consistently walk out of that casino with hundreds more than I walked in with and my mental state remains as constant and steady as the money. If beating 1/2 1/3 in Vegas was all about being an aggro balla, more people would do it eh? (Note to peen wavers, bite me

You are so right IMP that variance has to equal out eventually, no reason to help it out with flips for huge sums.
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #599
SteveBuey
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Milan @ the moment
Posts: 65
Re: I moved to vegas to play poker blah blah blah follow me thread

IMP- Hand 1(AQ) maybe I didn't read it thouroughly enough but I would like to know your bet sizing %/pot on F,T, & R. Also I'm not sure 1/2NL players are going to raise a 7 on the flop like you thought. As well as if the guy flatted you with TT+ PF(which was part of the range you gave him) I doubt he is going to make his raise OTF. I agree with NorCal, the river was a bad card to bet as there is no way it improved your range. J+ is like hitting one of your outs IMO to continue with a good barrel
SteveBuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #600
imakeposts
old hand
 
imakeposts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
Clear Winner....... although others have alluded to it. That shove represented about 15% of your current role if I'm not mistaken?

Couple personal questions if you don't mind IMP - how solid is the remainder of your role that you are expecting, in other words, is it at all possible that money will not come through? And how about doing some math for us on your current hourly rate, not including the money made back at the BJ table, only the loss in the 2/5 and yesterday's tough beats. I thought hand 2 was spewy BTW. Not criticising, if you didn't have wife and kids I would be morally opposed to offering any opinions to my competition at all and would say nothing.

I personally have no need to be an aggro balla, all I care about is walking out of the casino most nights with a few hundred more than I walked in with. I fold hands all the peen waving in this thread would cringe at, but I consistently walk out of that casino with hundreds more than I walked in with and my mental state remains as constant and steady as the money. If beating 1/2 1/3 in Vegas was all about being an aggro balla, more people would do it eh? (Note to peen wavers, bite me

You are so right IMP that variance has to equal out eventually, no reason to help it out with flips for huge sums.
How do you feel hand 2 was spewy?
imakeposts is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive