Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #26
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

So here's a little update for how things are going. Live scene has been decent, up slightly over 2,000 this month. Really haven't put in a ton of volume this past week and a half or so (hence the dead period) Had a friend I've been helping out get his life back on track, have set up a schedule of what I want my grind life to look like.

I'm looking to put in 39 hours of live play in every week. 21 hours of online poker on WSOP.com which has up to a $400 deposit bonus I'll be looking to clear as well as on ACR and Ignition which I'm already a part of. Also I will have 8 hours of dedicated study time, while also studying a lot on the side when grinding online and live whether it be videos or podcasts from training sites. I also found a good cheap gym, $10/month no contract, will be hitting that 6 days a week at the start of every day. And yes, even with all this volume I plan on putting in I do have a rest day, Tuesdays. Not a great day for live or online poker normally anyways, pretty decent day to go out and run errands, hiking, whatever.

My roommate has a truckload of stuff that has gotten hung up in Oklahoma in bad weather delays, included in this stuff is his router and modem. So until that gets here which should hopefully be sometime next week, I'm without internet which has been pretty crappy. There is a nice Starbucks a mile down from me, however I haven't started back on the online grind yet for a few reasons.
1: Don't completely trust using Public wifi to grind with significant amount of money at risk. 2: Really not the best grind enviorment, for me anyways. 3: Live has been going well enough I don't see myself missing out on a ton of value waiting until I have internet.

I do have my grind station set up though, found a nice corner desk, I have a pretty top of the line laptop as well as wall mounting my 32" TV so looking forward to playing online again.

And the last big announcement I have is I'm playing the LAPC this weekend. Leaving tomorrow to play one of the last two starting flights of the $240 250k. If I don't make day two on Sunday then I plan on playing the $240 50k $100 bounty tournament, and then on Monday playing the $240 survivor. At worst I'm hoping to cover my buyins with cash, at best I'm hoping to ship everything right? :P I am pretty excited, first series I've ever traveled to, much less played more than one event and my experience with cash at Commerce has been a pretty big fish fry. So I'll be back in Vegas Tuesday most likely, might make the drive back late Monday just depends on how everything goes. Will post a trip report when I get back for sure!
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:31 PM   #27
teddtbear
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 332
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeking19 View Post
So here's a little update for how things are going. Live scene has been decent, up slightly over 2,000 this month. Really haven't put in a ton of volume this past week and a half or so (hence the dead period) Had a friend I've been helping out get his life back on track, have set up a schedule of what I want my grind life to look like.

I'm looking to put in 39 hours of live play in every week. 21 hours of online poker on WSOP.com which has up to a $400 deposit bonus I'll be looking to clear as well as on ACR and Ignition which I'm already a part of. Also I will have 8 hours of dedicated study time, while also studying a lot on the side when grinding online and live whether it be videos or podcasts from training sites. I also found a good cheap gym, $10/month no contract, will be hitting that 6 days a week at the start of every day. And yes, even with all this volume I plan on putting in I do have a rest day, Tuesdays. Not a great day for live or online poker normally anyways, pretty decent day to go out and run errands, hiking, whatever.

My roommate has a truckload of stuff that has gotten hung up in Oklahoma in bad weather delays, included in this stuff is his router and modem. So until that gets here which should hopefully be sometime next week, I'm without internet which has been pretty crappy. There is a nice Starbucks a mile down from me, however I haven't started back on the online grind yet for a few reasons.
1: Don't completely trust using Public wifi to grind with significant amount of money at risk. 2: Really not the best grind enviorment, for me anyways. 3: Live has been going well enough I don't see myself missing out on a ton of value waiting until I have internet.

I do have my grind station set up though, found a nice corner desk, I have a pretty top of the line laptop as well as wall mounting my 32" TV so looking forward to playing online again.

And the last big announcement I have is I'm playing the LAPC this weekend. Leaving tomorrow to play one of the last two starting flights of the $240 250k. If I don't make day two on Sunday then I plan on playing the $240 50k $100 bounty tournament, and then on Monday playing the $240 survivor. At worst I'm hoping to cover my buyins with cash, at best I'm hoping to ship everything right? :P I am pretty excited, first series I've ever traveled to, much less played more than one event and my experience with cash at Commerce has been a pretty big fish fry. So I'll be back in Vegas Tuesday most likely, might make the drive back late Monday just depends on how everything goes. Will post a trip report when I get back for sure!
Good luck on Ignition and ACR I don't know if you would be able to get on since you would of had to be in nevada before they both stopped taking nevada players you might be able to play on them but you'll probably have to cash out your winnings out of state some how....I already had an account on ACR so I was grand fathered in while living in Nevada. I tried to get on Ignition they said no because I live in Nevada this happened once Bovada sold their platform to Ignition. Weird huh?
teddtbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #28
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddtbear View Post
Good luck on Ignition and ACR I don't know if you would be able to get on since you would of had to be in nevada before they both stopped taking nevada players you might be able to play on them but you'll probably have to cash out your winnings out of state some how....I already had an account on ACR so I was grand fathered in while living in Nevada. I tried to get on Ignition they said no because I live in Nevada this happened once Bovada sold their platform to Ignition. Weird huh?
Yeah thanks, I had a friend who did something similar to me and he said he was grandfathered in since he had accounts before moving here. Usually I use the p2p thread I have a PayPal guy on there for withdrawals.
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:35 AM   #29
Chicagodude
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,163
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Good luck to you on your career change and encourage you to vlog. Those of us who wish we could live in LV love to watch the progress you guys make
Chicagodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:00 AM   #30
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 13,673
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

GL OP, best of luck at the LAPC. I'll be keeping an eye on your story.

If you have a friend in Cali you can trust move your ignition and ACR accounts to their address and you can have checks sent to them and then pick them up. I've done that for a friend who's played some ignition from Vegas but used to live near me in L.A.
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:22 AM   #31
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagodude View Post
Good luck to you on your career change and encourage you to vlog. Those of us who wish we could live in LV love to watch the progress you guys make
Thanks man. Yeah I've considered a vlog, I just am unsure if that's the best option. There's so many great Vegas vloggers seems like I come across one every week, maybe though we'll see I guess. Trip update. Made $60 in a couple hours at the $2/$3 game, then cashed for $500 in the $240 250k. Shoved my K10 suited with 8 bigs folded to me on the CO, blinds call with a4 and A8, flop the king and flush draw, but turn is an ace and river bricks. 31/405, 20 advanced to day two so slightly disappointing but one bullet on 15 minute levels I'm not crying about it. So up over $300 so far, playing the $240 $50k $100 KO tomorrow. From then we'll see. Originally I was planning on playing the $240 survivor on Monday, however this also only pays 10% whereas the other tourneys pay 12.5% so I'll evaluate that later on.
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:53 AM   #32
Chicagodude
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,163
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Hey man, there are a ton of poker vlogs now but this consumer and viewer of them appreciates all of them (almost). You got a lot of guts man. My compliments
Chicagodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:46 PM   #33
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Ran into him at the Venetian a couple weeks ago, seemed decent. Yeah his vlogs are pretty different, I'm sure it brings in a lot of non poker player viewers. Taking Vegas is a cool one, agreed Andrew Neeme puts insane work into his!! Flippaaaa is pretty cool, very down to earth, posts nearly daily. A couple more notes on the 250k I played last night. Level 6, have around starting stack, blinds are really starting to jump now in the turbo format. Have around 30bb, UTG shoves 20bb (shoved the hand before and had no callers), I'm in the CO with JJ, reshove, small blind cold calls, barely has me covered. Up against A4o and KQs, flop 3 2 9 rainbow, turn 8, river J. Sickest hold with Jacks I've had in a minute. Later on in the tourney, level 23 shoved Q9 utg with 6bb, button calls with AK and I turn the Q to double. Was also at a couple tables with some local Cali pros, Leroy Le and Andrew Gardner.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 03:26 PM   #34
teddtbear
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 332
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeking19 View Post
Yeah thanks, I had a friend who did something similar to me and he said he was grandfathered in since he had accounts before moving here. Usually I use the p2p thread I have a PayPal guy on there for withdrawals.
Let me know if you actually played on ACR or Ignition while in Vegas ok?
teddtbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #35
mrducks
Pooh-Bah
 
mrducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,728
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeking19 View Post
Hey bro thanks appreciate it! More games in LA, um yeah most likely, the commerce is great with several other casinos. Cost of living mainly. Nevada has the lowest tax rates in the nation on a lot of things, no income tax, and I have a prius so LA is still only 3.5 hours away which is maybe 25 bucks in gas. I got health insurance through Obama care. Pretty reasonable rate. I'm living in a 3 bedroom house with my pal in the air force, rent is $800 for everything.
Nice Vegas setup. I got something similar. Just curious, how much is your Obamacare before credits? After credits? How did you go about estimating your poker earnings since when you first sign up, you have to give an expected income figure to find out how much credits they offer you?

I want to make sure I'm getting a good deal myself and that I've been doing it correctly. Thanks!
mrducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 08:26 PM   #36
teddtbear
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 332
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrducks View Post
Nice Vegas setup. I got something similar. Just curious, how much is your Obamacare before credits? After credits? How did you go about estimating your poker earnings since when you first sign up, you have to give an expected income figure to find out how much credits they offer you?

I want to make sure I'm getting a good deal myself and that I've been doing it correctly. Thanks!
So wait Trumps executive order a few days ago to freeze ACA that hasn't happened yet? Also how much do you pay a month for ACA? If i can ask?
teddtbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:54 AM   #37
Spike McAwesome
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 777
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddtbear View Post
Let me know if you actually played on ACR or Ignition while in Vegas ok?
I play on ACR. Set up my account while living here and everything. Fully expected to be blocked out but it went through and I've been on there for about a year now. I haven't tried to withdraw yet. That might kick me in the dick later.
Spike McAwesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 04:19 PM   #38
teddtbear
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 332
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike McAwesome View Post
I play on ACR. Set up my account while living here and everything. Fully expected to be blocked out but it went through and I've been on there for about a year now. I haven't tried to withdraw yet. That might kick me in the dick later.
Or you can have someone else withdraw for you? The OP has said he has someone in Cali that will paypal for him or something like that. I was just playing today on ACR and I checked out someones profile and it said he joined in July 2016 in Las Vegas but I know they stopped taking Nevada way b4 that date makes me wonder how peeps is getting around it?
teddtbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #39
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 19,687
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddtbear View Post
So wait Trumps executive order a few days ago to freeze ACA that hasn't happened yet?
Even Republican Senators are confused by what the executive order means and does. Nothing will really change until the Senate and House pass the same bill, or at least until they pass the same budget.
callipygian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 06:11 PM   #40
teddtbear
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 332
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
Even Republican Senators are confused by what the executive order means and does. Nothing will really change until the Senate and House pass the same bill, or at least until they pass the same budget.
I guess, I saw on Yahoo news that the republicans want to leave it up to the state be state scenario.
teddtbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:23 PM   #41
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Update from the past week. Been a pretty good week, finally with internet I was able to really play a full schedule of both live and online. My schedule was pretty tentative and I thought I might have to adjust the hours/days that I played what where, but everything seemed to go very well.

I've been starting my day at the gym every morning which has been good for energy, mood, and obviously general health when I spend so much time sitting. Met Dan Balzirian at the Aria on Friday night. When I say met I mean I recognized him, I said what's up as he walked past my table and got a high five lolz.

Also, ice cold cooler on Saturday. UTG +1 with QcQs, open to $12 ($1/2), two callers. Flop of Qh10h10s. I check it, both villains in hand are pretty active, expecting this to get bet at. Villian 1 bets $20, Villian Villian 2 raises to $80. I have both villians covered, they don't have that much more behind so I 3 bet all in for $200 effective. Both call. Turn Jh, river 7c. Villain 1 rolls over AhKh for the royal. Just a spot where even I call the $80 I think it still goes in on the turn, one combo beats me and he had it.

Also what kind of poker player would I be if I didn't succumb to degenning every now and then? After getting that icebox dumped on me I cashed out and went for a walk around the floor. Ended up sitting down at the Roulette machine eventually. Popped in $70, waited a few spins before deciding on "even" after 3 times of "odd" (I know it means nothing, sucker bet). Bam comes up even. So now I have $140, yeah I bet it all, of course. Now the guy on my left spills his drink on the screen, so I'm trying to help him out and get service called because the screen won't let him play. He has been playing the middle of the board, 15-24 I think it is, every time. Well while all this has been going on, the wheel keeps spinning and he remarks "this has saved me money I would have missed a bunch." I look and sure enough, 15-24 has not hit in ten spins. Another sucker bet, meaningless history. So I say "well here you go bud." Few taps of the finger and I have $140 riding on 15-24. (If you've never played roulette, this pays 2-1) Ball bounces, comes up 15. We all cheer, we both cash out and I buy the guy a drink at the bar.

I don't think I've mentioned this, but there's also a poker study group I go to that meets every Wednesday afternoon at a restaurant here in town. I'm easily the youngest person there, a couple of pros I believe, mostly all regs I see around town, talk over hands, etc. Last week Doug Hull from RedChipPoker demonstrated his newest software "Flop Falcon" on my laptop and I got the software for free. Decent software, focuses on simply the flop and heads up play, how often a flop hits your range as opposed to villians range.

I'll post in the twitch streamer thread as well, but I do have a twitch stream I stream on Wednesday afternoons/evenings, Thursday afternoon/evenings, and Sunday afternoons, evenings if I run deep in some MTT. twitch.tv/bikeking19 . Also made a facebook page facebook.com/bikeking19 that will essentially just copy this thread, l'm on FB pretty often and just another avenue to grow the stream and social media ventures haha.

Really looking forward to the Superbowl, not only because my Patriots are in it. (cue hate, everyone unsubs) But from a poker perspective the #1 bet game of the entire year has to be good for the tables, very excited for it.
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:48 PM   #42
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 13,673
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Good stuff bike! I come out for the SB most years because the smaller rooms run promos all day to get people to come in and play while they sweat their bets.

I'm staying at Luxor again this year and then probably playing at Monte Carlo or mirage something like that. Bravo app will have rooms promos
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:27 PM   #43
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natamus View Post
Good stuff bike! I come out for the SB most years because the smaller rooms run promos all day to get people to come in and play while they sweat their bets.

I'm staying at Luxor again this year and then probably playing at Monte Carlo or mirage something like that. Bravo app will have rooms promos
Nice sounds good man! Yeah I plan on checking out the different promos and seeing which ones hold the most value for me. Good point about bravo I forgot they would update those for the superbowl as well.
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 05:18 PM   #44
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

So remember yesterday when I said my schedule was good? I had not played on Monday yet when I posted that. Very bad day to play live, not sure if it was simply a bad day or normal for Monday's, but table hopped multiple times to multiple rooms for 9 hours and it was pretty much reg city. Might change Mondays to online as well or possibly I guess it can be an either/or day depending on what it looks like. Wasn't a losing day but broke even, not the desired result. Yeah I think Monday's will be evaluated on a case by case basis lolz.
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:04 AM   #45
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Man what an amazing day to play poker. That said, man what a terrible session. Tables all over the place, many rooms at capacity. Played 13 hours, big fish, one guy tried to rack his chips with the rack upside down, saw multiple $500+ pots at 1/2. Just one of those sessions that's fairly card dead, the hands you get can't catch a flop if it a sneeze during pollen season. Two outed twice, just couldn't go my way. I'm really not trying to make this a bad beat crying post, seems the majority of two plus two nowadays Kappa. But also keeping it real, some days just suck even when it could have been a mid four digit profit day. Grabbed a beer and garlic knots, going to fall asleep to Netflix and evaluate when I wake up. Even when you know 100% this has to happen sometimes, especially as a living, it blows. 🙇

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:18 AM   #46
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 13,673
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Don't let Friday get you down. Bravo shows you're right the action is rolling around town and Saturday will be juicy and Sunday will be a madhouse. Keep your head up and keep grinding and you will be up mid four figures come Monday.
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 07:45 AM   #47
Bikeking19
journeyman
 
Bikeking19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 276
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Encouraging words much appreciated! Pm if you'd like to meet up while you're in town, hope the grind is good.

Sent from my 0PM92 using Tapatalk
Bikeking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #48
FishFry1984
old hand
 
FishFry1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: At a casino near YOU
Posts: 1,732
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natamus View Post
Good stuff bike! I come out for the SB most years because the smaller rooms run promos all day to get people to come in and play while they sweat their bets.

I'm staying at Luxor again this year and then probably playing at Monte Carlo or mirage something like that. Bravo app will have rooms promos
Monte Carlo is closing their room on next 60 days.
FishFry1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:08 PM   #49
Natamus
Tripped and Fell
 
Natamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Where the buggalo roam
Posts: 13,673
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFry1984 View Post
Monte Carlo is closing their room on next 60 days.


Thanks for the cross info but it's moot for tomorrow's game/promo. Sad nonetheless as its a great little room with a fantastic staff - hopefully it will carry over to Park MGM.
Natamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:09 PM   #50
Chicagodude
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,163
Re: Going pro & moving to Vegas

mine is $352 but i'm in indiana
Chicagodude is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online