Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25 dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
Two Plus Two Forums
dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25

10-25-2021 , 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derinho dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
Hi dietDrThunder, I would like to know if there are 5 card omaha games out there.
I'm new here on the forum, I've been following it for years but I signed up today, I use a translator to write.
Here in Brazil are many players are playing PLO5.

I read the entire topic, I wish you all the luck.
Yes, there are live PLO5 games in Vegas. You can download the Bravo poker app and see what games are running.
10-26-2021 , 01:19 AM
That's it, someone start a GoFundMe to keep DDT in Vegas so he can keep making these entertaining vlogs
10-26-2021 , 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javanewt dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
Well done at Bellagio.

I'm very lucky that my husband also plays poker and loves Vegas -- and he is my best friend and we have a blast. That said, I'd love to take a trip on my own Shhhh.
Thank you!

Maybe we'll all be out there at the same time at the same time and we can get together...
10-26-2021 , 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burdzthewurd dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
That's it, someone start a GoFundMe to keep DDT in Vegas so he can keep making these entertaining vlogs
Hahaha good idea!

Most of the time I don't need an external funding source to keep playing, but you never know.

I'm already plotting a return to get my revenge; I can't leave it with that being the result.
10-26-2021 , 05:57 PM
Just about to watch your most recent bulletin, being day 8. Before that, I just wanted to say how much I’ve enjoyed reading this thread and watching your videos. I have been following daily since you kicked it off, and the format of the daily video has been a big success IMO. So thanks for doing the report; it appears to me that there are rather more readers following this thread and watching your vids than you have suggested.

FWIW, I like the general approach of your reports - an overview of your experiences and emotions on the trip, rather than the usual account of hand histories and session results. They are fine too BTW, I enjoy reading detailed poker reports and hand analyses, but it is nice to get a different kind of perspective for once.

I sympathise with your card dead run - it is indeed very frustrating when you go all that way, psyche yourself up to have a monster run, and then look at 9-3 off for 10 consecutive days. It’s really hard not to lose badly under such circumstances, and also to get mighty pissed off. But it really could be much worse. LV is a bad place to be card dead, but running really bad and enduring a fortnight of bad beats is a far worse and more costly experience. And I don’t get the feeling from your reports that you’ve been especially unlucky with the playable hands you’ve had, just that there has been a marked paucity of them.

Where you and I depart though, is on the question of solo versus accompanied. I only ever want to go to Vegas on my own. I don’t want any sort of social inter-dependency, and I don’t need comforting when things go bad. That’s what Spearmint Rhino is for :-). I have been to LV when friends are in town, and it’s nice occasionally to have a golf buddy to play with or a wingman to go partying with, but on balance I see the WSOP as a solo venture where my time is 100% my own and I don’t have to account to anyone wrt where I am at any given moment.

Please continue with your updates in the certain knowledge that at least one person finds your postings riveting :-)

I am coming to LV myself for the end of the Series - the borders are reopened to international visitors on Nov 8th and that’s when I arrive. By then I will have missed most of the tournaments that I was hoping to enter (such as the Seniors), but ‘better late than never’ for sure….

Last edited by ChelseaAggro; 10-26-2021 at 06:03 PM.
10-26-2021 , 11:26 PM
FWIW a lot of foreigners went to the WSOP. You just had to want it bad enough to spend a couple weeks in quarantine in another country. I talked to a Polish guy that spend a couple weeks in Colombia.
10-27-2021 , 03:37 AM
Nice report! Which poker room do you recommend for best cash game action?
10-27-2021 , 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabloid dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
Nice report! Which poker room do you recommend for best cash game action?
See the Day 7 video for info on this. If you want to skip the first part, it starts around 9:00 or so in.
10-27-2021 , 03:32 PM
"I appreciate everyone watching. All four of you'"

LOL. I read the thread and watched half of the videos. I especially enjoyed Day 7 video where you talked about "good game" location. As a 1-2, 2-5 player from the East Coast, I think you nailed the discussion. Find a room where you're comfortable, there are no more "secret" good games like used to exist in Planet Hollywood.
10-27-2021 , 06:31 PM
I just wonder. Any WSOP event on or after Nov 10 pls?
10-27-2021 , 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anytime All In dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
I just wonder. Any WSOP event on or after Nov 10 pls?
Yes.

https://www.wsop.com/tournaments/
10-28-2021 , 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietDrThunder dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
See the Day 7 video for info on this. If you want to skip the first part, it starts around 9:00 or so in.
When you mention the "good game" of 10 to 15 years ago, that was invariably the Bellagio 2/5. It played like 1/2 except for more money. Bellagio killed that when they started dealing 1/2.

WRT drunken games at PHo, I never experienced that. Except for a few times when I was the drunk. I still consider that a myth, like the Loch Ness monster - heard about it but never seen it.
10-28-2021 , 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
When you mention the "good game" of 10 to 15 years ago, that was invariably the Bellagio 2/5. It played like 1/2 except for more money. Bellagio killed that when they started dealing 1/2.

WRT drunken games at PHo, I never experienced that. Except for a few times when I was the drunk. I still consider that a myth, like the Loch Ness monster - heard about it but never seen it.
Ya, like most 'good games' it wasn't all the time by any stretch. But, I'm pretty sure if we were able to graph something like # of hours of good games populated by a few drunks/week, PHo would have been at the top.

It was all about the random passer-by thing. Back when the Bally's room was next to the bar in the middle of the casino it also had great random drunk
fest games. Moving it to the rear corner of the room mostly ruined that.

It's funny how people's experiences vary. I used to avoid the Bellagio 2/5 because every time I played in it, it was a huge nit-fest.
11-03-2021 , 08:52 AM
dDT has posted many enjoyable threads over the years. This is my favorite:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...nd-any-952031/
11-04-2021 , 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietDrThunder dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
Ya, like most 'good games' it wasn't all the time by any stretch. But, I'm pretty sure if we were able to graph something like # of hours of good games populated by a few drunks/week, PHo would have been at the top.

It was all about the random passer-by thing. Back when the Bally's room was next to the bar in the middle of the casino it also had great random drunk
fest games. Moving it to the rear corner of the room mostly ruined that.

It's funny how people's experiences vary. I used to avoid the Bellagio 2/5 because every time I played in it, it was a huge nit-fest.
I forgot about the Wynn of old. One of the best passer-by spots because even if nobody stopped to play poker, there were plenty of slutty looking chicks parading by on their way to da club.
11-04-2021 , 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
I forgot about the Wynn of old. One of the best passer-by spots because even if nobody stopped to play poker, there were plenty of slutty looking chicks parading by on their way to da club.
...and the Ferrari dealership
11-04-2021 , 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresman dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
dDT has posted many enjoyable threads over the years. This is my favorite:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...nd-any-952031/
Hey, thanks for the memories! I should have tried to find She-la while I was there. Oh well...
11-22-2021 , 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
I forgot about the Wynn of old. One of the best passer-by spots because even if nobody stopped to play poker, there were plenty of slutty looking chicks parading by on their way to da club.
Absolutely that was the greatest thing about that old room--even on the nights that the poker wasn't that great, the eye-candy & people watching was great.

@ dietDrThunder: Great trip report! I only speed scanned through it once, hopefully I'll find time to re-read it sometime over the next few days (possibly weeks)...if and when I do I'm guessing I'll find something more to say or comment on than "nice T.R.". But seriously--nice T.R.!

@Everyone else: The best / most fun game of old was Trash Talkin' Tuesdays @ the Hard Rock, and if you don't agree, that just means you weren't there.
11-28-2021 , 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dietDrThunder dDt returns...old timer trip report - 10/17 - 10/25
Thanks all! Ok, I'll do it.

Just starting this, obviously super late. I feel like I was raised on dDT trip reports. I also am suprised youíre not staying at the Tuscany or Terribles or whatever itís called now.

I also think you underestimate the average age around here. I think youíre probably the norm.

      
m