Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #51
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,945
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Not sure why people are convinced he will be caught. They have lots of cameras, but they are old cameras and the person disguised himself. They still haven’t caught 3 of the people from the last big robbery.

Sure he may get caught. Maybe he is an idiot, maybe someone will snitch, etc. But I’m not sure that will happen.
Steve00007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:14 PM   #52
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,656
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve00007 View Post
Not sure why people are convinced he will be caught. They have lots of cameras, but they are old cameras and the person disguised himself. They still havenít caught 3 of the people from the last big robbery.

Sure he may get caught. Maybe he is an idiot, maybe someone will snitch, etc. But Iím not sure that will happen.
Really? I thought they got all of them. If that wasn't the case, it's amazing that one guy didn't rat them out.
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 04:41 PM   #53
Katana1979
adept
 
Katana1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lost in a hand with bottom pair
Posts: 871
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
Good stuff.

If a security guard was near and capable, are they authorized to tackle? Or do they automatically let them leave?

I do understand that just one shot fired would be an epic death disaster, especially if it hit a bystander. But this guy easily could have been taken. Probably knew that they wouldnít stop him.
No way. Let him go. The way it worked out, he left, and no one lost their life. If he does have a gun, and he is hell bent on leaving, now you put the gun into play and cause potential loss of life.
I know I wouldn't put my own life on the line, or somebody elses, over some money.

The money is replaceable, lives are not.
Katana1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:07 PM   #54
Steve00007
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,945
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorKevin View Post
Really? I thought they got all of them. If that wasn't the case, it's amazing that one guy didn't rat them out.
If they did get all of them I’d like to see a link. I don’t remember seeing any of their faces except the one guy that was caught. He was in court recently and I didn’t see anything about anyone else.

I thought someone else was going to get caught too after he was caught.
Steve00007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #55
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,191
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana1979 View Post
No way. Let him go. The way it worked out, he left, and no one lost their life. If he does have a gun, and he is hell bent on leaving, now you put the gun into play and cause potential loss of life.

I know I wouldn't put my own life on the line, or somebody elses, over some money.



The money is replaceable, lives are not.

So he can just walk out and security/police arenít going to do anything?

https://youtu.be/9pJ3RAPwJiU
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #56
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,656
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
So he can just walk out and security/police aren’t going to do anything?

https://youtu.be/9pJ3RAPwJiU
If they know you have a gun, then yes they will let you walk out in most cases. (This came up many times during biker bandit)
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #57
Katana1979
adept
 
Katana1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Lost in a hand with bottom pair
Posts: 871
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
So he can just walk out and security/police arenít going to do anything?

https://youtu.be/9pJ3RAPwJiU
Security definitely won't, and shouldn't. You only originally mentioned security. I'm sure the police have a different SOP.
Katana1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #58
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,191
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana1979 View Post
Security definitely won't, and shouldn't. You only originally mentioned security. I'm sure the police have a different SOP.


I did only mention security.

Does the teller inform security he has a gun and stay clear?

If there was no sign of a gun, would they then tackle him?

I guess I am a little surprised to see a 5í8Ē guy just wander off with their money and security wonít do a thing.

If there was a policeman there, would they shoot him?
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 04:25 AM   #59
WaKtickets
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 671
Re: Bellagio Robbed

At the end of the day, the only one losing money will be the insurance company, which they will recoup by raising premiums. ZERO incentive or reason for anyone on scene to try to be a hero.

Police should only use non-lethal in this situation. Tackle or taser
WaKtickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:00 AM   #60
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,677
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorKevin View Post
Really? I thought they got all of them. If that wasn't the case, it's amazing that one guy didn't rat them out.
From what little I've seen in that criminal area, crooks are tougher than most of us think. Contrary to what the bad tv shows depict, crooks don't roll over on each other so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana1979 View Post
No way. Let him go. The way it worked out, he left, and no one lost their life. If he does have a gun, and he is hell bent on leaving, now you put the gun into play and cause potential loss of life.
I know I wouldn't put my own life on the line, or somebody elses, over some money.

The money is replaceable, lives are not.
Wat? Not living up to yer avatar!
pig4bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:02 AM   #61
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,677
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
I did only mention security.

Does the teller inform security he has a gun and stay clear?

If there was no sign of a gun, would they then tackle him?

I guess I am a little surprised to see a 5í8Ē guy just wander off with their money and security wonít do a thing.

If there was a policeman there, would they shoot him?
If they see a gun and he doesn't drop it when they tell him, oh hell yes.
pig4bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 02:10 PM   #62
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,191
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
If they see a gun and he doesn't drop it when they tell him, oh hell yes.


I think so too. Cops will yell freeze. They arenít trained to let bad guys go and let investigators handle it.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:44 PM   #63
WaKtickets
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 671
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Just the presence of a gun shouldn't lead to shots fired in such a crowded spot
WaKtickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:58 AM   #64
TaiwanUP
journeyman
 
TaiwanUP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Irvine, California
Posts: 311
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorKevin View Post


I posted this over in the NVG thread, figured you'd guy would like it. Clearly see cash being handed over and not chips.
The video quality is surprisingly pretty bad. You would think they'd have high quality 1080P for all their surveillance cameras on the casion floor.
TaiwanUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 01:23 PM   #65
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,191
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiwanUP View Post
The video quality is surprisingly pretty bad. You would think they'd have high quality 1080P for all their surveillance cameras on the casion floor.

Not impressed either. I would think they would have had a much higher resolution video.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 02:34 PM   #66
The Rumor
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
The Rumor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wherever my loanshark isn't
Posts: 9,559
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaKtickets View Post
At the end of the day, the only one losing money will be the insurance company, which they will recoup by raising premiums. ZERO incentive or reason for anyone on scene to try to be a hero.

Police should only use non-lethal in this situation. Tackle or taser
MGM is a huge company. $35k is a drop in the bucket. Their deductible for this sort of event could be much higher than that.
The Rumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 03:29 PM   #67
Mumph
journeyman
 
Mumph's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 307
Re: Bellagio Robbed

I would not be surprised at all if that guy has already dgen it all back into another MGM casino.

We have seen this crap security camera quality before remember the video of the Craps robbery with the guy in the motor cycle helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NktlrixHG78
Mumph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #68
eco74
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,769
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Newer hotels will have better video. Bellagio is 20 years old.
eco74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:39 PM   #69
Playbig2000
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Playbig2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Suffern, NY, PA, LV
Posts: 7,358
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco74 View Post
Newer hotels will have better video. Bellagio is 20 years old.
it's very easy to change out a camera
Playbig2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #70
zeldder
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 4
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumph View Post

lol the casual jog
zeldder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:34 AM   #71
Jim Bean
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 12
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu18 View Post
Yes sir... the Bell cage is right by an exit,, I always thought it was a potential robbery property because of that.
You can say that the Bell cage staff was UTG in this case?
Jim Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:46 AM   #72
SenatorKevin
veteran
 
SenatorKevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Santa Monica
Posts: 2,656
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playbig2000 View Post
it's very easy to change out a camera
The bean counters at MGM PGP disagree with you.
SenatorKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:38 PM   #73
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,191
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Police do shoot!

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/poli...e-rio/66850687
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:05 PM   #74
Dream Crusher
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Dream Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Dallas
Posts: 7,809
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnutt View Post
Nice find. My initial thought was that perhaps a robber got some bad advice from this thread. What's weird is the story doesn't have a date on it but upon further research it appears this story was from ~June 1st, 2016.
Dream Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:43 PM   #75
golfnutt
Foremost ESA Secretary
 
golfnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,191
Re: Bellagio Robbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Crusher View Post
Nice find. My initial thought was that perhaps a robber got some bad advice from this thread. What's weird is the story doesn't have a date on it but upon further research it appears this story was from ~June 1st, 2016.


I noticed no date too. Good research.

If cops see a gun, they will shoot. I canít see them letting a guy get away.
golfnutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online