Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Las Vegas Lifestyle Discussion of all things Las Vegas. Ask questions about hotels/shows/etc., coordinate meetups with other 2+2ers and post Las Vegas trip reports.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2021, 08:28 AM   #1
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

It's 5AM in Vegas and I am awake. So what better time to start a trip report.

At this point I really don't feel like going much into much of any backstory. Some of you probably know me from Las Vegas Lifestyle from my replies. Others might know me from my drunken late night replies that make no sense. Still others may remember me from my post about 2 years ago when my car got stolen from when i was living in Vegas. It eventually got stolen a 2nd time but I was too defeated at the time to post about THAT. So yeah I might go into more backstory as the trip report evolves and I feel more comfortable in doing so. Or dropping subtle or not so subtle hints as to my past.

Feel free to be critical/make fun of me because I can do some really stupid stuff and I do not claim to be any good at poker. I've read a few books, watched instructional videos and vloggers but that is about it. No master classes in low no limit play or the like.

Your expectations for this thread should be low. Few to no pictures. No Michelin Star restaurant reviews. Limited hand histories because my memory really sucks and the ones I do post probably won't be exact.

You should be interested in reading this trip report if you are interested in reading about an average guy going about his business in Vegas. Hopefully you will enjoy my writing style. I am a fan of William Burroughs/Tom Wolfe/Charles Bukowski/Hunter S Thompson. Obviously, do not expect anything near that level though. The trip report will probably delve into the minutia of everyday life, so I am envisioning this being pretty long.

So hear we go!
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:34 AM   #2
fuxxnuts
adept
 
fuxxnuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,033
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

First, what stakes are you playing and is this a sabbatical of some kind or is this possibly going to turn into a tunnels story?
fuxxnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:45 AM   #3
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Day 1

I awaken in my Airbnb in Atlanta. Yes I am now officially homeless. But it surprising has a stress-free feel to it. I can literally go anywhere in the world. Well, as much as my extremely limited budget can take me. Which ok pretty much means anywhere within the Continental US where I can either fly for cheap, bus, or walk to said destination.

My airbnb in was pretty good for $83 a night. This was my first airbnb so I had few expectations besides what I read from the room description. I've lived for most of the past 25 years or so, minus a short 1 1/2 year stretch in Vegas, in Atlanta. So I'm familiar with the area. It was either staying here, some **** hole (can I use that type of language in these posts?) down by the airport or a one off hotel in the north Atlanta burbs. So by "here" I stayed near the newly developed eastside Beltline in a loft. Ok I should say 200 feet from the Beltline because I was almost right on top of it. Yes, much better than a **** hole.

Before heading to the airport I had some stops to make. First I walk the 20 minutes or so to the bus station through Inman Park, a very nice neighborhood. Think old refurbished Victorian homes that go for $1 million plus or if you are broke you can get a 1300 sq foot cottage for $500k. I only had my one bag I guess which you would call a tennis bag or a duffel bag. But man you can fit an incredible amount of stuff in it and still get it through on to an airplane without having to check it. In fact I made the executive decision to only take this one bag with me on this 5 week+ trip. It just makes things easier without having to lug around a suitcase. Plus I have no idea how many stops I'm making after Vegas, if there is an "after". I may never leave!

After arriving at the bus station I get on the bus and arrive at my first destination, a used book store. I have a list of books I wanted to read that I got off a "100 best fiction books" list, but none could be found in this small store. Last time I was here I lucked up on Bukowski's "Post Office" which I recommend to anyone that hates their job. So I have to free wheel it this time. They did have a couple of Kurt Vonnegut books including "Slaughterhouse-Five" which I have been wanting to read since seeing the movie a couple of times (highly recommended movie by the way), but the book was $17. Some discount in a used store. Fortunately I found "Desolation Angels" by Jack Kerouac which is a semi autobiographical 2 year stint in Kerouac's life sitting out in the woods in a fire tower so that sounded interesting as I had just recently returned a few ago from a 6 day backpacking trip on the Benton MacKaye trail in north Georgia. Plus the book was only $7.

After this it was a short walk to the bank. I had previously envisioned taking out $1600 or so, but I really like to limit my downside as I have been held up at gunpoint many years ago. Yeah I know, Vegas is the safest place to carry around money inside the casino. Better safe than sorry though so I settle on $800. If I go through that amount in one session at a 1/2 NL table I've got bigger problems to deal with I suppose.

Next is off to the storage unit. Yes, this part of the homeless life. I was just going to store the small amount of belongings in a friends basement, but for situations like this, ease of access is worth the $75 a month I pay for the unit.

Now off to the bus stop. By this point walking in 80+ degree heat and humidity for about 1 mile inclusive of the walk from the bank to the storage unit, I am completely drenched. Fortunately I thought ahead and wore a tshirt and I'll probably change shirts in the airport anyway.

The bus ride to the train at the Five Points station was completely uneventful as was the train ride to the airport. Having no place to go really, I arrive about 8 hours ahead of my departure at 11PM. So what else to do but fire up a few tables on ACR. Played some $01/$.02 and $.05/$.10. Yeah I have almost no money in that account and am not depositing any money ever so I cant go crazy. Everything I have on there is from freerolls. I came out ahead for the 3 hours I played. Nothing interesting of note happens to me but while playing a bomb pot at $.05/.$10 some guy wins $50 in a bomb pot which was kinda cool to see at that limit. The way he hit it was great as well.....he rivered a straight.

I also got bored and transferred $5 to the ACR sportsbetting side to place a bet on the Clippers, who covered easily. As a sports bettor, I am a loser lifetime. I have no problems admitting that. I've never gone crazy or degenned a bunch of money away and I've never hit anything crazy like a 10 teamer because I dont make those kinda bets. Boring I know.

Some of the rest of my time in the airport was spent getting overpriced shitty food because I am not standing in lines. Well ok when I first got to the airport I hit Shake Shack which is good but the small line there seemed to take forever. So I hit one of those kiosks for dinner and ate a premade sandwhich. Ugh. I do say though that Atlanta airport does have some really good choices for restaurants, including several locally owned choices. So I shouldnt give an overall bad impression of the restaurants there...but oh man the lines!

The ride on the plane was mainly uneventful except for some turbulence in southern Colorado. We were supposed to go just north of Santa Fe, NM, but there was an obvious storm to the south. So I guess the pilot cut it a bit too close to the storm. The lightening flashes against the clouds were pretty cool though. I was sitting next to two older Latino's a man and a wife and every time the plane jostled around she would yell "Aye" which was kinda funny. But the turbulence was the kind that makes you a little nervous...a little pre-sweat before arriving in Vegas. Oh almost forgot to mention I got a pretty good deal on the flight....$109 one way.

Arriving in Vegas, I head for the bus stop on level 0. First time taking the bus from the airport, but since I got a month bus pass for $65, I figure why not and save the $30 on a cab ride. Plus I had really nothing to do but kill time until I could get into my hotel room HOPEFULLY around 11am.

As I was getting on the bus I let this guy on ahead of me who previously mumbled to me he had no money. Why he was trying to get on the bus with no money I have no idea. But after mumbling for a few minutes to the bus driver, the bus driver just got frustrated by not being able to hear his gibberish (he was obviously doing this on purpose as this scam must have worked in the past) she amazingly just let him on the bus!

Unfortunately for him, he could not get on the Deuce at the next stop as that bus driver wouldnt stand for his nonsense. So that must have sucked for him he was stranded at a bus station with no money. IMO better to be stranded at the airport with no money you have more transportation options as well as a better chance to get money off of people because let me tell you the station where you pick up the Deuce is pretty sketchy.

I am pretty sure I witnessed some human trafficking while at the station where you pick up the Deuce at its southern most stop. There was this guy driving a car with a woman in the passenger seat cruising around the area where only busses are permitted looking around for someone to pick up. He cruised by several times. Also I saw this obvious homeless hooker being lead into a vehicle by a couple guys. But the station does have a huge human trafficking poster on the side of the building where the car cruised by as well as a private security company that evidently lets blind people drive around in their security cars.

Once I got to bus stop for The Cosmo (yes that's how the homeless do it baby!) I got out and headed across the bridge to get into the Cosmo. First problem I had was getting inside. They only let guests inside on weekends. But I showed the security guy my reservation and no problems. I left my bag with the bell hop guy, and tipped him a couple bucks hoping that I'd come back and my laptop would still be inside my bag.

By this time it was around 1am so I am already going into the next day. Dont worry day 2 will include some actual poker both cash and tournament.....as I write this it is day 2 so who knows what will happen. Maybe some pics!

Last edited by thedude404; 06-14-2021 at 09:55 AM.
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 09:48 AM   #4
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuxxnuts View Post
First, what stakes are you playing and is this a sabbatical of some kind or is this possibly going to turn into a tunnels story?
hahaha I love your question. To answer it the best I can I will be playing mainly 1/2 and 1/3. Depending on how things go I may play 2/5 at Bellagio. For tournaments, I am playing like the $200 buyins at the Orleans summer series and am playing a $400 2 day tourny at Venetian. Beyond that who knows. Could turn into a tunnels story so stay tuned!


Edit: You could say I'm just continuing my 9 year sabbatical.

Last edited by thedude404; 06-14-2021 at 09:54 AM.
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:00 PM   #5
Omaha8A2
Poker Monster
 
Omaha8A2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,301
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

I like the writing so far, will keep checking in. Good luck, OP.
Omaha8A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:02 PM   #6
Reveen
enthusiast
 
Reveen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Is WayneBrady gonnahaveto Djokovic?
Posts: 95
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Interesting backstory OP. Why are you homeless?
Reveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:40 PM   #7
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

In my day1 post at the end i stated i was typing it on day2.....actually i typed it this morning, which is day3. So day2 will only have cash game play.
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:45 PM   #8
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveen View Post
Interesting backstory OP. Why are you homeless?
My last landlord, who is a friend, is selling the home from which i was renting. I imagine i cant get an apt because i have no job. I mean i am homeless but i can still rent airbnbs by the month. So it is not like im living on the street. Maybe i should have phrased that differently.
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:48 PM   #9
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha8A2 View Post
I like the writing so far, will keep checking in. Good luck, OP.
Thanks for the interest!
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 12:49 PM   #10
Nepeeme2008
veteran
 
Nepeeme2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: In position
Posts: 2,870
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Good luck op. Looking forward to the rest of the trip report.

Yeah, I'm confused. You're homeless?
Do you have a job or is poker your main source of income?

Edit: just read your response.
Nepeeme2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:46 PM   #11
Beachman42
Pooh-Bah
 
Beachman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Havana Daydreamin'
Posts: 4,267
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

404 - repp'ing the big ATL!

I live in De-CAY-tah and love Inman Park and the Beltline. As I won't be visiting Vegas anytime soon, please use my June & July supply of run-good.
Beachman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:27 PM   #12
Koshka
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 141
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Will you be min buying in and quitting with a small profit or martingaling to bigger buy ins if you get stuck? Will you then chase at VBJ or live BJ? And if you blow 5k, instantly leave town?
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 02:50 PM   #13
Stu Ungar
Pooh-Bah
 
Stu Ungar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,473
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude404 View Post
Day 1

I awaken in my Airbnb in Atlanta. Yes I am now officially homeless. But it surprising has a stress-free feel to it. I can literally go anywhere in the world. Well, as much as my extremely limited budget can take me. Which ok pretty much means anywhere within the Continental US where I can either fly for cheap, bus, or walk to said destination.

My airbnb in was pretty good for $83 a night. This was my first airbnb so I had few expectations besides what I read from the room description. I've lived for most of the past 25 years or so, minus a short 1 1/2 year stretch in Vegas, in Atlanta. So I'm familiar with the area. It was either staying here, some **** hole (can I use that type of language in these posts?) down by the airport or a one off hotel in the north Atlanta burbs. So by "here" I stayed near the newly developed eastside Beltline in a loft. Ok I should say 200 feet from the Beltline because I was almost right on top of it. Yes, much better than a **** hole.

Before heading to the airport I had some stops to make. First I walk the 20 minutes or so to the bus station through Inman Park, a very nice neighborhood. Think old refurbished Victorian homes that go for $1 million plus or if you are broke you can get a 1300 sq foot cottage for $500k. I only had my one bag I guess which you would call a tennis bag or a duffel bag. But man you can fit an incredible amount of stuff in it and still get it through on to an airplane without having to check it. In fact I made the executive decision to only take this one bag with me on this 5 week+ trip. It just makes things easier without having to lug around a suitcase. Plus I have no idea how many stops I'm making after Vegas, if there is an "after". I may never leave!

After arriving at the bus station I get on the bus and arrive at my first destination, a used book store. I have a list of books I wanted to read that I got off a "100 best fiction books" list, but none could be found in this small store. Last time I was here I lucked up on Bukowski's "Post Office" which I recommend to anyone that hates their job. So I have to free wheel it this time. They did have a couple of Kurt Vonnegut books including "Slaughterhouse-Five" which I have been wanting to read since seeing the movie a couple of times (highly recommended movie by the way), but the book was $17. Some discount in a used store. Fortunately I found "Desolation Angels" by Jack Kerouac which is a semi autobiographical 2 year stint in Kerouac's life sitting out in the woods in a fire tower so that sounded interesting as I had just recently returned a few ago from a 6 day backpacking trip on the Benton MacKaye trail in north Georgia. Plus the book was only $7.

After this it was a short walk to the bank. I had previously envisioned taking out $1600 or so, but I really like to limit my downside as I have been held up at gunpoint many years ago. Yeah I know, Vegas is the safest place to carry around money inside the casino. Better safe than sorry though so I settle on $800. If I go through that amount in one session at a 1/2 NL table I've got bigger problems to deal with I suppose.

Next is off to the storage unit. Yes, this part of the homeless life. I was just going to store the small amount of belongings in a friends basement, but for situations like this, ease of access is worth the $75 a month I pay for the unit.

Now off to the bus stop. By this point walking in 80+ degree heat and humidity for about 1 mile inclusive of the walk from the bank to the storage unit, I am completely drenched. Fortunately I thought ahead and wore a tshirt and I'll probably change shirts in the airport anyway.

The bus ride to the train at the Five Points station was completely uneventful as was the train ride to the airport. Having no place to go really, I arrive about 8 hours ahead of my departure at 11PM. So what else to do but fire up a few tables on ACR. Played some $01/$.02 and $.05/$.10. Yeah I have almost no money in that account and am not depositing any money ever so I cant go crazy. Everything I have on there is from freerolls. I came out ahead for the 3 hours I played. Nothing interesting of note happens to me but while playing a bomb pot at $.05/.$10 some guy wins $50 in a bomb pot which was kinda cool to see at that limit. The way he hit it was great as well.....he rivered a straight.

I also got bored and transferred $5 to the ACR sportsbetting side to place a bet on the Clippers, who covered easily. As a sports bettor, I am a loser lifetime. I have no problems admitting that. I've never gone crazy or degenned a bunch of money away and I've never hit anything crazy like a 10 teamer because I dont make those kinda bets. Boring I know.

Some of the rest of my time in the airport was spent getting overpriced shitty food because I am not standing in lines. Well ok when I first got to the airport I hit Shake Shack which is good but the small line there seemed to take forever. So I hit one of those kiosks for dinner and ate a premade sandwhich. Ugh. I do say though that Atlanta airport does have some really good choices for restaurants, including several locally owned choices. So I shouldnt give an overall bad impression of the restaurants there...but oh man the lines!

The ride on the plane was mainly uneventful except for some turbulence in southern Colorado. We were supposed to go just north of Santa Fe, NM, but there was an obvious storm to the south. So I guess the pilot cut it a bit too close to the storm. The lightening flashes against the clouds were pretty cool though. I was sitting next to two older Latino's a man and a wife and every time the plane jostled around she would yell "Aye" which was kinda funny. But the turbulence was the kind that makes you a little nervous...a little pre-sweat before arriving in Vegas. Oh almost forgot to mention I got a pretty good deal on the flight....$109 one way.

Arriving in Vegas, I head for the bus stop on level 0. First time taking the bus from the airport, but since I got a month bus pass for $65, I figure why not and save the $30 on a cab ride. Plus I had really nothing to do but kill time until I could get into my hotel room HOPEFULLY around 11am.

As I was getting on the bus I let this guy on ahead of me who previously mumbled to me he had no money. Why he was trying to get on the bus with no money I have no idea. But after mumbling for a few minutes to the bus driver, the bus driver just got frustrated by not being able to hear his gibberish (he was obviously doing this on purpose as this scam must have worked in the past) she amazingly just let him on the bus!

Unfortunately for him, he could not get on the Deuce at the next stop as that bus driver wouldnt stand for his nonsense. So that must have sucked for him he was stranded at a bus station with no money. IMO better to be stranded at the airport with no money you have more transportation options as well as a better chance to get money off of people because let me tell you the station where you pick up the Deuce is pretty sketchy.

I am pretty sure I witnessed some human trafficking while at the station where you pick up the Deuce at its southern most stop. There was this guy driving a car with a woman in the passenger seat cruising around the area where only busses are permitted looking around for someone to pick up. He cruised by several times. Also I saw this obvious homeless hooker being lead into a vehicle by a couple guys. But the station does have a huge human trafficking poster on the side of the building where the car cruised by as well as a private security company that evidently lets blind people drive around in their security cars.

Once I got to bus stop for The Cosmo (yes that's how the homeless do it baby!) I got out and headed across the bridge to get into the Cosmo. First problem I had was getting inside. They only let guests inside on weekends. But I showed the security guy my reservation and no problems. I left my bag with the bell hop guy, and tipped him a couple bucks hoping that I'd come back and my laptop would still be inside my bag.

By this time it was around 1am so I am already going into the next day. Dont worry day 2 will include some actual poker both cash and tournament.....as I write this it is day 2 so who knows what will happen. Maybe some pics!
This was better than I thought it would be.

Iím in for the next one..
Stu Ungar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:18 PM   #14
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachman42 View Post
404 - repp'ing the big ATL!

I live in De-CAY-tah and love Inman Park and the Beltline. As I won't be visiting Vegas anytime soon, please use my June & July supply of run-good.
Reppin Zone 6. Thanks for the run good vibes!
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:28 PM   #15
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
Will you be min buying in and quitting with a small profit or martingaling to bigger buy ins if you get stuck? Will you then chase at VBJ or live BJ? And if you blow 5k, instantly leave town?
All great questions! Hell no i dont buy in for min i have always bought in for $200 at 1/2 lol. Dont believe in martingaling. You must know me vbj especially killed me in the latter stages of living in Vegas when id already given up. 5k? Cmon man im rolled for $7k. Fast forwarding a bit but not giving too much away i am paid up through july 19th so minimum you are getting 5 weeks of Vegas stories here. Will probably get more entertaining if i do blow through 7k. So stick around for the ride!
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 07:32 PM   #16
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Ungar View Post
This was better than I thought it would be.

I’m in for the next one..
Thanks for the compliment. Ill try not to rush through my write ups and write them up when i have a block of time to make a good effort. So it might be a few days between write ups.
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:27 PM   #17
YoungManCoffee
centurion
 
YoungManCoffee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 140
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Are you generating any income besides poker during this stretch?
YoungManCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:04 PM   #18
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Day 2----Already an appearance from a poker vloggers regular special guest?

I came equipped with a Sazerac to write this entry. Hopefully it will enhance the trip report and not diminish it.

After dropping off my luggage I need something to eat. Wanting to hit the poker table ASAP, I cross over the bridge from Cosmo to the Walgreens store where they have several choices of, you guessed it, pre made sandwiches. For 5 bucks and in a pinch, they arent so bad.

I chose to play at Planet Hollywood for a couple reasons. First off in my prior experience the games can get pretty crazy with the straddle options. Secondly, it is close to the Cosmo right across the Strip in fact. Thirdly and IMO the most important if I'm paying for a jackpot bonus drop, I should be able to actually use it. In this case if I play 6 hours, I get a couple of things. First is an entry into any $80 PH tournament. Secondly I get $20 food comp at Gordon Ramsey's burger.

I forgot the guy's name running the PH poker room that night, but this guy needs some type of an award or pay raise for all the stuff he has to deal with. Probably for him, it's just a normal night. But wow dealing with drunks day in and day out cant be fun. I'd be fired the first day at his job no doubt.

I had a choice of two tables to sit at but I look down at the first table option and lo and behold who is sitting there? Why it is Jason from Pokerkraut vlogs! So of course I sat next to Jason to his right. Let me just say without sounding like a fan of Jason's, but he really added a lot to the vlogs he was in of Pokerkrauts and in fact they were always my favorite vlogs of PK's when Jason was in them. It is easy to see why the two are buddies, as Jason is as easy going as Pokerkraut, whom I"ve also had the pleasure of meeting a few times in real life. I didnt really talk much with him as I tend to be pretty quiet at the tables unless I'm a drunk. Hopefully I'll see him again.

This being the first live cash game I've played in a while, I just wanted to take it easy and hopefully not run into too many tough spots the first time out.

Now for some hands. Keep in mind my memory is pretty spotty but I'll try to get the general gist of the hands down and approximate dollar amounts. Table positions......I'll be lucky if I remember them at all.

I buy in for my standard $200. I like this amount because it right between min/max buy ins so I dont look like a complete nit nor do I give off any type of vibe that I know what I'm doing. In other words, I would imagine people dont think much of a $200 buy in. You never hear anybody say anything about a guy buying in for $200.

First hand of note (at least to me) involves Jason fairly early in the proceedings. I look down at AK I raise my standard $10. Jason calls. Flop comes J high rainbow nothing connecting. I continuation bet and Jason folds. Pretty standard I know but just getting that first semi bluff through was important for my confidence. Sorry Jason!

Anyway, the best hand of the night for me anyway comes about 3 hours into the session. I look down at JJ. Villain leads out from EP. Damn I'm sorry I'm not sure I'm even capable of remembering enough info to give hand histories but this is the best I can do. I standard raise to $10, get two callers including main villain. Flp comes JXX with I believe two clubs. yahtzee! Main villain checks to me I lead out $20 get two calls. Next card comes seemingly inconsequential. Checks to me I bet $55 dude to my left folds get a call from villain. River comes another club.......checks to me I think I bet pretty small like $70 dont get a call unfortunately.

So by this time I'm up to around $390. Eventually our table breaks but before that happens there was an incident at the other table. But let me first describe the other table.....it was crazy. Bomb pots, $50 open raises and we are getting info from a guy sitting at that table who is friends with someone at our table. Of course I have zero interest in going over there because like I said, I just want to be on cruise control my first time out in 2 years and not get down on myself too much. But the incident I didnt see it but all of a sudden the dealer at that other table was down on the floor. I saw he was moving but he remained down for a good bit. Turns out he got knocked over from behind and possibly hit his head. He was looked over by medical staff and eventually continued dealing for a bit. I've hit my head TWICE on one of those clear exit signs you see in buildings....those MFers are sharp (I also had a fire extinguisher fall on my head when I was 7 but no ill effects from my perspective lol). I had to go to an urgent care place to get stitches. My bosses boss called me into the office a few days later. She started off by saying "I know we are getting laid off soon, but you should really think about suing XXXXXX". I was like how much and she threw out a figure of $20k. I never did follow through with it and now on hindsight I should have because I have this dumb scar on my bald ass head. Fortunately I dont really care about it looks wise but I bet I could have gotten that $20k out of them or maybe even more if I had a few drinks in me before the meeting.

So our table breaks and we get moved over to another table. By this time, I've been up for around 22 hours and I did get a couple of dizzy spells. But I have nothing to do until I can check into my room and I need a couple more hours to hit that 6 hour mark.

First interesting hand comes when a woman from previous table calls from EP and I look down at AQs diamonds. I raise to $10 everyone else folds she calls. Flop comes Qxx 1 club. She checks I lead out she calls. Next card comes out clubs......she overbets $50. I think about it for a while and call thinking that was all her chips even though dealer didnt say all in. Yeah my brain isnt functioning. Last card comes another club. She goes all in for remaining $55. I thought about it for a good long while but ended up folding. I never saw her bluff at previous table always had a decent hand when showdown came ie more than a pair so that played into my fold as well. Probably from an odds perspective it wasnt a good fold. I could have raised her but after I thought about it for a while a hand like Q9-QK makes sense there with two clubs.

So after that debacle (it was a slow bleed at this new table prior to that hand) I'm down to about $300. Then the fun begins. A drunk with one of those tall drinks you buy at like Mardi Gras sits down. Dude is looped. First hand he goes all in $200 with 25. The dream. Unfortunately I am completely card dead but the guy to my left takes him for $400 in a matter of 15 minutes. Good on him. Eventually the drunk runs out of money and asks our very nice poker room manager to go get him some more money with one of drunkies gambling tickets. Poker room manager was very nice about all of this. Obviously poker room manager isnt going to do that. As the drunk was leaving the room he said "I bet that guy wears tighty whities". Ok that was pretty random and because of that, it was pretty funny. Everyone wanted him back they were begging the poker room manager to do something but to no avail.

I think before that there was an interesting hand which I outlined in this thread at https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...eflop-1791482/.

It was just all around sick if I would have stuck around I would possibly have tripled up but to no avail. I THINK I made the correct laydown pre with JJ I know what you are thinking you must be the tightest nit laying down JJ pre in a 1/2 game but it went UTG raise, dude to my right 3bet to $40. Competent player never got out of line I believed him and he did end up having KK but a J spiked on the turn but who knows if I would have stuck around with action to come before that on the flop. Oh well.

Sorry about the hand histories I know I really need to work on that I'll try to keep my phone charged maybe open a notes page jot some hands down when i take a break. Just bear with me on that.

So a few hands after that I"ve had it I exit with a $90 profit. Soon after the dealer who hit his head bails as well so the table broke. As I'm getting my money some drunk chick tries to talk the floor manager into letting her play. I dont know what she did prior, but floor manager isnt having it.

Oh almost forgot about the parade of chicks walking on the far wall (away from where the Party Pit I guess used to be) of the poker area. Some unattractive chick was wearing something WAY to0 small for her body. How her boobs were staying within her clothing I have no idea. But dont get it twisted it wasnt something you'd have wanted to see. There were some ok looking chicks but to be quite honest the parade for a Sunday morning was underwhelming.

Ok well I'm done with my Sazerac and tired of typing and thinking.....this literally took 1.5 hours to write up. I'll finish day 2 in the next entry....it will be day 2.5 and day 3 combined.

Totals:

Cash Poker:+90
Tournament Poker: $0
Sports Betting: $0
Slots: $0
VP: $0
Table games: $0
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 07:21 AM   #19
Omaha8A2
Poker Monster
 
Omaha8A2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,301
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Good start! You must have been exhausted.
Omaha8A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:16 PM   #20
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_08qMnW7XI


The worst thing you can do is allow smart people to think.
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:49 PM   #21
Javanewt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: a farm in the country
Posts: 10,640
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Thanks for posting. Great so far. Living Vegas vicariously through you for at least five weeks!
Javanewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:54 PM   #22
thedude404
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,179
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

I might be done with this. I've tried to keep it together at a poker table but there are so many pieces of **** in humanity its not worth it.


First off...the dumb midwestern white that cant understand anyone other than them selves. They continually denigrate the wait staff along with anyone that doesnt look like them while being total pieces of ****. **** it i grew up in the midwest just nuke that piece of **** wipe out 50 million the world will be a better place **** midwest values aka rasist pieces of ****. I literally sat at a live poker table listening to these pieces of **** talk. Nuke them!

As far as the dumb blacks go **** them too....holy **** just tired of putting up with clowns thinking because they are black they lol "scare whites" into not giving any response to their BS. guess what......nobody cares you dumb mother****ers!


God I"m just so ****ing sick of this society...................
thedude404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:17 PM   #23
macktyson
grinder
 
macktyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cali
Posts: 639
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude404 View Post
I might be done with this. I've tried to keep it together at a poker table but there are so many pieces of **** in humanity its not worth it.


First off...the dumb midwestern white that cant understand anyone other than them selves. They continually denigrate the wait staff along with anyone that doesnt look like them while being total pieces of ****. **** it i grew up in the midwest just nuke that piece of **** wipe out 50 million the world will be a better place **** midwest values aka rasist pieces of ****. I literally sat at a live poker table listening to these pieces of **** talk. Nuke them!

As far as the dumb blacks go **** them too....holy **** just tired of putting up with clowns thinking because they are black they lol "scare whites" into not giving any response to their BS. guess what......nobody cares you dumb mother****ers!


God I"m just so ****ing sick of this society...................

Wow, this really went off the rails, ban incoming.
macktyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:13 PM   #24
marknfw
<place holder>
 
marknfw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: DFW
Posts: 8,655
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

5 week trip report...possibly shorter!
marknfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #25
ec_outlaw
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ec_outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Surprise, AZ
Posts: 14,243
Re: 5 Week Trip Report....possibly longer!

I'll take the under on 5 weeks.
ec_outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive