Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Fix for Everest & GameTime+ Fix for Everest & GameTime+

01-04-2008 , 07:32 PM
Hi,

If anyone here plays on Everest Poker and uses GameTime+ they probably noticed that you have to move the labels around each time you open a new table, because Everest always places you at the front seat no matter what seat you have. Also GameTime+ confuses tablenames that start with the same digit (i.e. Tablename-1 and Tablename-14).

I've created a script to workaround these annoying problems. It's written in Python which you'll need to run the script. Python can be found here: http://www.python.org/download/

What this script does is monitor the HH's Everest Poker produces, converts them to make sure you are always at seat 0 in the handhistory and writes them in a different directory (output_dir) which you can import into PT.

There are 2 settings in this script:
- everest_dir: this is the directory where Everest Poker places the handhistories, this is usually correct by default.
- output_dir: the directory the script outputs the parsed handhistories, make sure this directory exists.

Save the file below and doubleclick to run it. It will not output anything on screen but will parse the handhistories every 60 seconds. Just let it run. Make sure PT imports the output_dir and not the everest_dir.

Here's the script:
http://82.161.88.50/ConvertEverest.py

If anyone wants to show their gratitude my screenname on Everest is R_W and my emailaddress is everestpoker[AT]robwouters.demon.nl Thanks.

P.S. The old topic can be found here: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=1325. I opened a new one because the code in TS got messed up with the forumupdate.
Fix for Everest & GameTime+ Quote
02-20-2008 , 08:01 PM
thx for that! Can i play with this script SH and FR together??? Or not? The Skript i used before makes that Pokertracker cant read the FR histories correctly when i had written "number_of_players = 6" and when i had written "number_of_players = 10" he dont read my SH Histories correctly...

is this a better code or exist the same problem with this???

kind regards,
02-22-2008 , 11:57 PM
That problem should be fixed now.
02-23-2008 , 06:03 AM
this looks awesome, will try it when I next play on Everest.
03-26-2008 , 05:04 PM
The script is forgetting the last lines of the HH, after any hand (important for the PLACE tag in tournaments).

Just add this to the for statement:
Code:
   else:
      for l in handtext:
         out_file.write ( l )
BTW, great job !
04-29-2008 , 07:43 AM
Hello 2+2 Forum,
this is my first post .

@ Pomtidom:
I already used this skript on my old computer and it´s great, thank you for that. I have a new (Vista) computer now, but I don´t get the Skript started. There is opening a Dos Window for a second and closes imidiatly, when I click on the skript.
Had the same problem on my old computer, but after install and uninstall the Python-Software about a dozen times it worked (I realy don´t know why). Do you know, what the problem can be?

Cheers
tiltwithoutareason
04-29-2008 , 10:33 AM
Hi,
Nice work but I hope you did not rewrite everything, I have been using a similar script for monthes now (picked it up on this forum).
But I will try yours, since the one I am using does not fix the problem with gametime+ confusing table names starting with same digit.
05-02-2008 , 06:33 AM
Can nobody help me? It would be very nice.
There is opening a Dos-window for a second and closes imidiatly, when I click on the skript. I know, that the Dos Window should remain open, but it don´t.
05-05-2008 , 04:43 PM
Forget it. I get it running now.
05-05-2008 , 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yop
Hi,
Nice work but I hope you did not rewrite everything, I have been using a similar script for monthes now (picked it up on this forum).
But I will try yours, since the one I am using does not fix the problem with gametime+ confusing table names starting with same digit.
I didnt rewrite it completely, just added some things to work around that confusing table names problem.

@tiltwithoutareason: the problem you describe is usually caused by the fact that the 'processed' directory does not exist. Reinstalling python will not make any difference.
05-07-2008 , 09:01 AM
I knew it was worth it to check the software forums once in a while, this is just what I've been looking for.

I'm gonna try it out tonight, thanks!
05-16-2008 , 03:21 PM
Thanks for a good script.

There is the problem that the processed files pile up, if you do not move them manually. I hate to do things manually that can easily be automated.

The problem is that the "move processed files" in pokertracker moves the files from the output_dir, but not from the everest_dir. So the files pile up in the everest_dir, and is copied to the output_dir everytime the script starts.

Because of this the files in the everest_dir have to be moved or deleted manually before you start a new session.

If anyone has already fixed this, let me know. Or else a few lines or code could fix it.

I am not familiar with the Python syntax. Could someone create the codeto move the files from the everest_dir when the script starts?

Extra feature:
If you write it so that it does not delete todays files (only older files than today), then it could even be included as an enhancement of the script, because then people will not risk loosing todays played hands, if the start the script and PT, after starting thier Everest session. This is normal praticy for many I guess.
12-31-2008 , 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangggg
The script is forgetting the last lines of the HH, after any hand (important for the PLACE tag in tournaments).

Just add this to the for statement:
Code:
   else:
      for l in handtext:
         out_file.write ( l )
Hello 2+2.
Where is the for statement? Is there an updated version of the script with the above mentioned code change already implemented?

m