Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
PokerCast Episode 115 - Lex 'RaSZi' Veldhuis & Brian 'flawless_victory' Roberts PokerCast Episode 115 - Lex 'RaSZi' Veldhuis & Brian 'flawless_victory' Roberts

03-30-2010 , 10:52 AM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios, March 30th 2010 - The feature guest this week on the Two Plus Two PokerCast is poker professional and High Stakes Poker newcomer Lex Veldhuis. Better know as 'RaSZi' online, Lex joins Mike and Adam to talk about his appearance on GSN's High Stakes Poker, the poker scene in Holland, his deep run in last years WSOP Main Event and his boxing prop bet with Bertrand 'Elky' Grospellier. Brian 'flawless_victory' Roberts provides a live strategy segment about Pot-Limit Omaha in this weeks Leggo Poker/Deuces Cracked strategy segment. Mike and Adam also discuss forum static, tournament news and give away the password for the April 4th Poker Stars VIP Club Invitational for PokerCast listeners.

PokerCast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 : Deny All - Bettie Serveert - Pharmacy of Love © 2010 : Good Morning (The Future) - Rouge Wave - Permalight © 2010 : What a Drag - Bear Hands - What a Drag © 2010 :
03-30-2010 , 10:53 AM
03-30-2010 , 10:58 AM
finally!

03-30-2010 , 11:32 AM
Anyone else having problems downloading this episode off itunes?
03-30-2010 , 11:38 AM
+1 for Veldhuis
03-30-2010 , 11:54 AM
Birthday lead up was a curve ball at poor Adam.
03-30-2010 , 11:55 AM
Marty Smyth won the $10k PLO event at the WSOP a couple of years ago. He's also won the PartyPoker World Open and the Irish Open.
03-30-2010 , 11:59 AM
Also, in you tournament round up you missed out Neil Channing, who finished 2nd in the GUKPT London this week.
03-30-2010 , 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFacedKiller
Also, in you tournament round up you missed out Neil Channing, who finished 2nd in the GUKPT London this week.
Get him back on to discuss his general awesomeness imo.
03-30-2010 , 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mocky
Anyone else having problems downloading this episode off itunes?
Mine downloaded slower than usual, but nevertheless, working just fine.
03-30-2010 , 02:09 PM
why isnt the episode

http://pokercast.twoplustwo.com/pokercast.rss

on here?
03-30-2010 , 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBuck
why isnt the episode

http://pokercast.twoplustwo.com/pokercast.rss

on here?
it is, I just downloaded it from there 15 minutes ago
03-30-2010 , 03:19 PM
I'm currently listening to the show, YOU KNOW
03-30-2010 , 04:02 PM
Listening now omg LEX, maybe hell tell us how to bluff
03-30-2010 , 04:08 PM
wow, if only you guys talked a bit less about every single tournament/schedules happening all around the world, and a tad bit more about strategy with guests (esp more online pros, like these guys!!!) that would be just stone cold nuts.
thx for Epi anyways!
03-30-2010 , 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelott_
wow, if only you guys talked a bit less about every single tournament/schedules happening all around the world, and a tad bit more about strategy with guests (esp more online pros, like these guys!!!) that would be just stone cold nuts.
thx for Epi anyways!
I think we talked a lot about strategy this week, more than any week in recent memory.

Some like to hear about tournaments, some like to hear cash strat. We try our best to cover a wide range.

If you are looking for a strategy rich show, Bart Hanson has a great podcast over at DC.

Last edited by AdamSchwartz; 03-30-2010 at 04:36 PM. Reason: oops sorry Bart!
03-30-2010 , 04:33 PM
Bart Hanson

Last edited by gotwotevaon; 03-30-2010 at 04:51 PM.
03-30-2010 , 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelott_
thx for Epi anyways!
Did you miss the huge section with Brian Roberts?

The thing that makes the show so good is that it does have lots of different elements. No-one's gonna love everything, but everyone's going to love something.
03-30-2010 , 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFacedKiller
Did you miss the huge section with Brian Roberts?

The thing that makes the show so good is that it does have lots of different elements. No-one's gonna love everything, but everyone's going to love something.
Obv I didn't read Adam's reply before posting this
03-30-2010 , 06:43 PM
Brian Roberts seems like a cool guy, and god knows I'd probably be horrible at giving interviews, but the amount of times he said "you know" just became too much for me and I had to skip past the interview. It prob had something to do with me running like garbage today, but it was excruciating nonetheless.

Loved Veldhuis calling out Antonio. I can imagine how much it would piss me off if I were stuck and he was slowing down the game with Lodden thinks and pushup contests. Prob the first time I've heard someone, not named Hellmuth, have something negative to say about the magician.
03-30-2010 , 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusemandingo
Brian Roberts seems like a cool guy, and god knows I'd probably be horrible at giving interviews, but the amount of times he said "you know" just became too much for me and I had to skip past the interview. It prob had something to do with me running like garbage today, but it was excruciating nonetheless.

Loved Veldhuis calling out Antonio. I can imagine how much it would piss me off if I were stuck and he was slowing down the game with Lodden thinks and pushup contests. Prob the first time I've heard someone, not named Hellmuth, have something negative to say about the magician.
Totally agree with that, as soon as i noticed it I couldn't stop wincing everytime he said it. I'm sure the interview was pretty interesting but i couldn't bear to stick with it
03-30-2010 , 08:27 PM
you know you know Lex interview was just fantastic.
Good episode after all
Looking forward to next week maybe with an online pro who plays 100/200 right now
03-30-2010 , 09:10 PM
Thanks guys!
03-30-2010 , 11:55 PM
Just finished downloading and listened to the intro and I have to say I have never lolled so hard from one of your intros.
03-31-2010 , 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusemandingo

+1

This is the first episode of the pokercast that I have ever had to skip over parts of. I'm sure he had a lot of interesting things to say, but if it isn't delivered properly, no one will listen.

Lex was A-mazing though; really entertaining.

m