Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Cake Hand History Converter Cake Hand History Converter

12-06-2007 , 01:50 AM
After being frustrated for a long time at the inability to track my wins and losses on Cake Poker, I’ve spent the last couple of weeks working on making a good Cake Poker Hand History Converter. This converter will convert your Cake Hand History files from the garbled format of Cake Poker, to a Poker Stars Hand History file that PT will recognize. Once converted, you can upload the converted files into Poker Tracker to track your win/loss rate. This only works for cash games right now.

Note: This is not intended for you to track your individual stats or stats on other players, this is for record keeping purposes only and is not intended to give an unfair advantage over a player not using poker software such as Poker Tracker or this converter.

Set up steps:
  1. Download the program here: http://www.feltpoker.com/download/Ca...rter_1_3_1.zip
  2. Install and set up the program on your computer. You may also need to install the .NET framework from here: Download .net framework
  3. Set the table prefix. This will be pre-pended to the table name so you can use it to distinguish between Cake HH's and other HH's, if you wish.
  4. Set the input folder location. This is the current location where your Cake HH's are stored on your computer.
  5. Set the type of game the HH is from (Limit or No-limit)
  6. Set up the out put folder. This is the folder where your converted HH's will be stored before import into PT.

Know Issues/Caveats (as of 12/5/07):
  • In some cases it has to make up opponents' cards. Therefore it is essentially useless as a tool to see what sorts of hands your opponent is playing. The "default" hand is AKo, so if you see an excessive number of AK hands being played, that's why.
  • Position stats are very wrong using this tool, I'm not sure why but I don't intend to fix this because it's not the intent of the program to create a perfect replica of the hand.
  • Because I don't know what villains' cards are when you are all in, this tool cannot be used in any sort of EV analysis (such as PokerEV).
  • In some cases Cake does not write the hand correctly and I cannot fix this (for instance, if you leave a table in the middle of a hand, or disconnect, it will corrupt that hand). These instances should be limited mostly to the times when you are leaving the table anyway, so hopefully it should not skew your winrate.
  • Session start times are derived from the file timestamp, and individual hands are incremented every 1 minute, which by my observations is generally a close approximation.

This program is freeware and you can do what you like with it. It's my hope that you find it useful. It of course does not record or transmit any information anywhere other than storing the converted histories on your own computer. Someone familiar with checking this sort of thing can verify this if they like. Feel free to post questions, comments or concerns here, or PM me and I will address them.

Standard disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any loss in the use of this program, use it at your own risk. That said, I've used it myself for a while and my session win/loss is quite accurate in my experience, so take it fwiw.

Last edited by _dave_; 11-12-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Requested by OP - correct download link
12-06-2007 , 03:54 PM
Very nice man -- thanks a bunch.

I just tried it, and I keep getting an error message after 14 files got converted. From the log:

System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(Exceptio nResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKe y key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
at CakeConverter.CakeConverter.convertHandsBtn_Click( Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKe y key, TValue value, Boolean add)
at CakeConverter.CakeConverter.convertHandsBtn_Click( Object sender, EventArgs e)
System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
12-06-2007 , 04:43 PM
Looks like it ran across a hand it had already converted. I'll try to handle this more graciously in an update. For now, make sure you don't have duplicate files in the directory you are converting. I haven't seen an instance of Cake writing a hand to two different files, but if you see that happening you can try to find the hand in question and delete one of them.
12-06-2007 , 05:04 PM
Worked great for me, 9k hands of 100NL 6max and 200NL 6max. Thanks!
12-06-2007 , 06:06 PM
Hmmm... can't seem to find any duplicate files or hands.

Also, it is treating some of the tournaments as cash games, but those are easily deleted.
12-06-2007 , 06:36 PM
Can you send me the files you're trying to convert? It'll help me track down and test the problem.
12-06-2007 , 08:22 PM
Any plans on doing this for, say, carbon?
12-06-2007 , 11:25 PM
I've never played at carbon but if you send me a bunch of hand histories I can look into it...no promises though.
12-06-2007 , 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baiter
Hmmm... can't seem to find any duplicate files or hands.

Also, it is treating some of the tournaments as cash games, but those are easily deleted.
I think I fixed this, please re-download and let me know how it works. Looks like you had some duplicate errors for some reason, so you'll need to fix those, but it will tell you where to look.

Oh, and also - tournies are not supported right now so you'll have to either move those elsewhere or just ignore the converted files - it will not convert them properly.

Last edited by MewsicLovr; 12-06-2007 at 11:46 PM. Reason: add'l info
12-07-2007 , 02:19 AM
This does not appear to work for limit hands. When I accidentally set it to the NL setting, it will work, but when I change the setting to Limit, I get this message;

Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. More details can be found in the error.log file.

In the error.log file, it says;
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
12-07-2007 , 03:49 AM
Ah, thanks. I think I found out what was up - try downloading and running it again please.
12-07-2007 , 04:02 PM
Thanks man - working great now. This is super! Just got to manually delete a couple of donkaments and its all good ;-).
12-07-2007 , 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MewsicLovr
Ah, thanks. I think I found out what was up - try downloading and running it again please.
Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem.
12-07-2007 , 05:33 PM
pm sent
12-08-2007 , 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScientist
Unfortunately, I'm still having the same problem.
It was a different problem that happened to fail in the same place. Try downloading and running again.
12-08-2007 , 01:03 AM
Works great for me too. Nice work bro!
12-08-2007 , 02:35 AM
Quote:
It was a different problem that happened to fail in the same place. Try downloading and running again.
Excellent work. Donation sent via Stars.
12-08-2007 , 04:00 AM
It would be handy if the programm remembered the settings, so you don't have to search the folders again and again.
12-08-2007 , 12:49 PM
I got "error finding big blind value" on a bunch of my files
12-08-2007 , 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0crast
I got "error finding big blind value" on a bunch of my files
This is because the hand history didn't get written correctly...there's not much I can do about that.
12-08-2007 , 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deu
It would be handy if the programm remembered the settings, so you don't have to search the folders again and again.
This is a good idea, I'll probably do this within the next couple of days.
12-08-2007 , 02:28 PM
Is this compatible with PA HUD or not?
12-08-2007 , 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpockets
Is this compatible with PA HUD or not?
No, this isn't meant to be a real-time aid, it's just supposed to help keep track of your sessions. So you would run this on your Cake HH folder at the end of each session and then import into PokerTracker.
12-08-2007 , 02:43 PM
Quote:
No, this isn't meant to be a real-time aid, it's just supposed to help keep track of your sessions. So you would run this on your Cake HH folder at the end of each session and then import into PokerTracker.
Thanks a lot. This will come in handy when I move some money to Cake next week.
12-08-2007 , 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deu
OK, all user input values are now saved when you exit the program.

m