Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Pokercast Episode 104 - PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Coverage Pokercast Episode 104 - PokerStars Caribbean Adventure Coverage

01-12-2010 , 08:24 AM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios, January 11th 2010 - This week on the Two Plus Two Pokercast Mike and Adam provide coverage of the 2010 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure. Including the recently completed PCA Main Event, some of the completed side events and of course some of the interesting stories taking place on Paradise Island. Warren Karp joins the guys on the program to talk about a tournament rule debate that happened during the PCA involving Daniel Negreanu. He also talks about the passing of Amir Vahedi and shares some great stories about his old friend. After another high stakes poker account was compromised the guys provide some more account security tips in a special segment. Mike and Adam also discuss forum static, tournament news and give away the first part of the password for the January 17th Poker Stars VIP Club Invitational for Pokercast listeners.

The T# for the pokercast invitational this week is T#232372030.
Spoiler:
The second part of the password is "2Sprnv", thus the password will be of the form C _ _ _ _ _ _ 2Sprnv. The first part was given on the show.

Pokercast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 : Got Nuffin - Spoon - Got Nuffin EP © 2009 : Cousins - Vampire Weekend - Contra © 2010 :

Last edited by Johnny Douglas; 01-17-2010 at 10:38 AM. Reason: posted password
01-12-2010 , 08:25 AM
Marvellous, oh and: Frist!
01-12-2010 , 08:40 AM
look forward to listenin and 2st
01-12-2010 , 09:38 AM
btw loved this week's strategy minute by ben
01-12-2010 , 11:48 AM
re the security topic and the thing you said about online banking. During the time I was in the states and had a bank acc there I was really surprised as to how little protection there is. Here in Germany when you do online banking the bank actually issues you a printed out page with roughly 100 different random numbers in the format "#1 - random number, 2# - rnd number, and so forth". When you actually want to transfer money or such you have to first login to your acc with your pin number and before you initiate the money-transfer or w/e you will be prompted to enter one of the numbers from the sheet (i.e. "please enter TAN number xxx") after that the specific number from the sheet will be void and can't be used again. Once you run out of numbers you request another sheet from the bank to be physically sent to you.

That way even if someone was able to somehow log into your online banking account the only thing they are really able to do would be to look at your acc balance but not initiate any transactions and such.

I was really surprised that american banks don't seem to have that kind of protection for their online banking.

----
also would like to say,
RIP A. Vahedi

----
Edit: So if I understood correctly that there's not gonna be a show next week ... we can haz Sklansky minute clip show?

Last edited by S t =0= n a; 01-12-2010 at 11:59 AM.
01-12-2010 , 12:19 PM
Another benefit (maybe) of the PPN, you could play with the Chainsaw!

Also of note, most of the pros from the PPN were involved with Pic Club.
01-12-2010 , 12:26 PM
Have yet to download and listen, but if the musical selections are any indication then I'm sure this episode is going to in sync with my expectations of greatness!
01-12-2010 , 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S t =0= n a
re the security topic and the thing you said about online banking. During the time I was in the states and had a bank acc there I was really surprised as to how little protection there is. Here in Germany when you do online banking the bank actually issues you a printed out page with roughly 100 different random numbers in the format "#1 - random number, 2# - rnd number, and so forth". When you actually want to transfer money or such you have to first login to your acc with your pin number and before you initiate the money-transfer or w/e you will be prompted to enter one of the numbers from the sheet (i.e. "please enter TAN number xxx") after that the specific number from the sheet will be void and can't be used again. Once you run out of numbers you request another sheet from the bank to be physically sent to you.

That way even if someone was able to somehow log into your online banking account the only thing they are really able to do would be to look at your acc balance but not initiate any transactions and such.

I was really surprised that american banks don't seem to have that kind of protection for their online banking.

----
also would like to say,
RIP A. Vahedi

----
Edit: So if I understood correctly that there's not gonna be a show next week ... we can haz Sklansky minute clip show?
The http://youtubedoubler.com/ is cool. Nice find!
01-12-2010 , 02:17 PM
Brooklyn in the house!! (not washington) Wow, almost thought I was gonna get a mention..

Last edited by jdennis111; 01-12-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: The unknown pokercast league MVP
01-12-2010 , 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plubius
The http://youtubedoubler.com/ is cool. Nice find!
i didn't find that, got the original link from an NVG thread.
01-12-2010 , 03:26 PM
Cool. A reason to stay sober for a couple of hours later tonight.
01-12-2010 , 04:17 PM
I feel like i want to not listen to this for a few days, so that it's less wait time until the next episode... but then i'd just have to do that again next week, so f it. Listening now.

Any chance of getting twice a week shows?
01-12-2010 , 04:25 PM
how can i buy fpps?

i like the freeroll a lot. i recently started playing the last 4 and came top 100 in the last one, it's an easy freeroll with a huge prizepool, plz keep it going as is
01-12-2010 , 04:27 PM
I think the best solution for what to do about the dead stacks is what Everest Poker does about it in their freerolls.

If you are not actively playing your stack (meaning you are not sitting out) within the first 10 minutes of their freeroll, they simply take it out of play.
01-12-2010 , 08:49 PM
Cool, please update the RSS thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/97...-links-105691/) so people can download from there.
01-12-2010 , 09:09 PM
Nice podcast, thanks guys.
01-12-2010 , 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckyb88
I feel like i want to not listen to this for a few days, so that it's less wait time until the next episode... but then i'd just have to do that again next week, so f it. Listening now.

Any chance of getting twice a week shows?
There will be two shows the week after next.

We will be doing the January 25th a bit early and then another show later that week(January 28th or 29th) so we aren't really taking a week off, we are just delayd a bit. Same number of shows overall.
01-13-2010 , 12:31 AM
Okay I am new so I have the first part of the password I thought the second part would be in this thread? Can someone help please?
01-13-2010 , 12:53 AM
Great show guys! And I agree with making the tourny a buck or two.
01-13-2010 , 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_PBA
Okay I am new so I have the first part of the password I thought the second part would be in this thread? Can someone help please?
It's posted closer to event day. Event isn't until Sunday at 12:55pm - Private Lobby. Forgot to announce that part on the show. Maybe that will help the field size.
01-13-2010 , 02:17 AM
great show as allays guys. the bunner story was good too. oh also i would like to put my candidacy foreword for the podcast. i think i would be a great host.
01-13-2010 , 02:42 AM
i just had a thought about the freeroll. you talked about adding it to the poker league.

if you keep it as a " freeroll" (it is still 1 FPPS) but add it to the league there would be no need for a password. everyone who wan'ts to join the poker league has to PM thre Super mod JD right?

so why not just include the event in the league and get everyone who wants to play to post in a thread. this way you can monitor who plays and who doesn't. This way it brings more people to the site AND it stops people who don't Listen to the show free rolling the event.

you could just set up a forum where you post the tread on a Monday. lock the thread an hour before the freeroll runs. then just make a new thread on the Monday with the new sign up thread

it would stop all the people joining the freeroll that don't listen to the show. that don't come to the site. it would all so be 1FPP still so people that don't have HUGE bank Rolls an play in the event.

it works out as a win / win

instead of giving out the password. you could just tell people what forum the thread is in.

for example this week you could put it in BBV. then next week you could put it in NVG

all you would have to do is make it a sticky.

so what do you think? have a made partner yet?
01-13-2010 , 03:08 AM
I'm pretty sure you can pay for the RSA token in cash if you don't have the FPPs. If you email them they'll do it.
01-13-2010 , 03:14 AM
Quote:
There will be two shows the week after next.

We will be doing the January 25th a bit early and then another show later that week(January 28th or 29th) so we aren't really taking a week off, we are just delayd a bit. Same number of shows overall
I'm pretty certain that this really is missing a show and that your doing two shows in one week they are mutually exclusive and should not be counted as the previous weeks show. I mean Mike, u have been doing this a while now i am sure you know that already to try this on just seems wellllllll....silly.

all jokes aside, if you do it on the 25th in Aus then it is the 24th in Vancouver anyway so it nearly makes it into the previous week.

Oh and did you work out you basically lose a day flying from Vancouver to Aus.

leave x night arrive the morning the two days later...lol. the good news is though that you leave to return home in the late morning and arrive before you left (well you do going to LA) vancouver might be a bit further north to ensure that you dont get this little pheno.... going...

m