Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Pokercast Episode 87 - Kevin Schaffel of The November 9 & WCOOP Coverage Pokercast Episode 87 - Kevin Schaffel of The November 9 & WCOOP Coverage

09-08-2009 , 06:08 AM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios, September 8th 2009 - The feature guest this week on the Two Plus Two Pokercast is November Nine member Kevin Schaffel. Fresh off a runner-up finish at the World Poker Tour Legends of Poker, Kevin joins Mike and Adam to talk about several topics including his life leading up to the main event, some key hands during his deep run and his plans going into the final table. Aaron Jones aka aejones provides some more great poker insight about "Knowing" in this weeks Leggo Poker strategy segment. Mike and Adam also discuss tournament news, forum static and of course gives away the password for the September 13th Poker Stars VIP Club Invitational for Pokercast listeners.

Pokercast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 : The Man in Me - Bob Dylan - New Morning © 1970 : Satellite Skin - Modest Mouse - No One's First, and You're Next © 2009 :

Last edited by Mike Johnson; 09-08-2009 at 11:59 AM.
09-08-2009 , 06:15 AM
downloading now & wow I'm a 1st
09-08-2009 , 06:23 AM
Wow, this was up early.

Ty guys, just in time for my run!
09-08-2009 , 07:23 AM
Not that I want to repeat myself, but I'm really looking forward to Tommy Angelo. His book and DC series are excellent, up with other seminal poker works of Doyle, Dan Harrington and Mike Caro.

Also, awesome show guise, as ever.

09-08-2009 , 07:45 AM
Why is this guy on the pokercast? Hes trying to talk strategy and he makes no sense. Im sure a winning player at 25nl would make more sense.

If you were going to get a live donk on the show, why not darvin moon. He would have been way more interesting imo.
09-08-2009 , 10:42 AM
ChicagoJoey Thread pls? =D

edit: here
09-08-2009 , 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreosAndMilk
If you were going to get a live donk on the show, why not darvin moon. He would have been way more interesting imo.
Darvin isn't doing interviews at all. We wanted a November Nine player that had an interesting backstory and in the other interviews Kevin had done he looked like he had the most potential. Agreed though, that there are certain players that tackle strategy topics better than others.
09-08-2009 , 11:49 AM
my ears hurt
09-08-2009 , 12:34 PM
Where do you download it?
09-08-2009 , 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson
We wanted a November Nine player that had an interesting backstory and in the other interviews Kevin had done he looked like he had the most potential.
James Akenhead!! Probably the 2nd best player in the November Nine, and you're not getting number 1 on the show. Gives good interviews, and it's nothing to do with him being European!

Anyway, haven't listened to this yet, so hopefully better than some are saying.
09-08-2009 , 12:43 PM
the Bob Dylan song you played during the break rocks!

oh.. btw... nice show
09-08-2009 , 12:46 PM
Intro music rocked. Plus the guy that introduced you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFacedKiller
Intro music rocked. Plus the guy that introduced you.
ICWUDT
Good effot keeping it under 90 minutes. Plus they do have phones in Europe btw
09-08-2009 , 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakelamotta
Where do you download it?
iTunes. or using the RSS Feed here:

http://pokercast.twoplustwo.com/pokercast.rss

or MP3s here:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/97...-links-105691/
09-08-2009 , 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostFacedKiller
James Akenhead!! Probably the 2nd best player in the November Nine, and you're not getting number 1 on the show. Gives good interviews, and it's nothing to do with him being European!

Anyway, haven't listened to this yet, so hopefully better than some are saying.
he was watching the game... so.. you know... he is busy..lol
09-08-2009 , 03:56 PM
Pokercast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 : The Man in Me - Bob Dylan - New Morning © 1970 : Satellite Skin - Modest Mouse - No One's First, and You're Next © 2009 : [/QUOTE]

curiosity question, you guys always post the names artist/song, is it because of copyrights reason, or because you were tired of questions like "whats the name of the song at x:xx?"

my guess is a little bit of both - lol.
09-08-2009 , 04:29 PM
Didn't realize Canada observed Labor Day also.

I just moved closer to work, so it takes me longer to hear the whole show now. Prolly won't finish til Thursday or Friday now.
09-08-2009 , 04:43 PM
Labor day is actually a new tradition in Canada because of global warming. Unable to build our igloo's for the coming winter we are forced to work at menial jobs most of us dislike. Luckily we get this day off to remember our god nuk nuk and the great presents of whale blubber, salmon and beer he bestows upon us.
09-08-2009 , 05:58 PM
LOLOL my thread made the pokercast, so awesome
09-08-2009 , 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJoey
You sleep with a new woman every night (without paying) and still get excited about being mentioned on the pokercast
09-08-2009 , 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoJoey
Shouldn't you be out on a date?

for anyone who hasn't checked out the thread yet, pls do... Amazing stuff =D
09-08-2009 , 07:20 PM
lol I really do appreciate the nice things said about me in the pokercast, was fun to listen to. I thought it was good how you mentioned some of the points I made about my moms 30 dollar idea, remembering there info for each in texts/aim. Also I am keeping it in SSFR forum for now because of what you said about stupid comments from bbv people. I will have them move it there after I am all done though.

I originally wanted to do 30women/30days but later decided that I wanted to go on some 2nd/3rd dates to get to know the women more and also make magic happen because not all do it on the first night. I haven't really been able to put in as much volume with it because I have a bunch of prop bets this month and need to play 300k hands, and am getting ready to move also!

Still going to bag a few more women before the month is over, and hope to avoid love lol
09-09-2009 , 02:04 AM
I think u guys need to give shaffel a little more credit jis look at what he has done recently of course he's not goin to be to indepth about strategy he knows the other 7 (only 7 cuz I doubt moon really cares prolly thinks a pod cast has somethin to do with fishin) these guys are going to be listening and tearing any thing he says apart for information...
The game dosent stop jus cuz u left the table guys always gotta have ur poker face on!!!
09-09-2009 , 02:06 AM
My bad I realize now I'm a few posts behind hard to tell from the iPhone

m