Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Pokercast Episode 81 - November Nine Coverage with ESPN's Lon McEachern Pokercast Episode 81 - November Nine Coverage with ESPN's Lon McEachern

07-21-2009 , 09:19 AM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios, July 21st 2009 - The November Nine has been set and the World Series of Poker Main Event is officially on hold. ESPN’s “voice of poker”, Lon McEachern joins the guys on Pokercast this week to talk about everything that has taken place so far at this years event. Including the changes to ESPN's coverage of the World Series, the most talked about stories so far and some final table predictions. Justin "Boosted J" Smith also chimes in on the program to fill us in on what went down at the WPT Bellagio Cup Main Event final table. This week on "Story Time WIth" Team PokerStars pro Gavin Griffin tells a tale about prop betting and Jeopardy action. Mike and Adam also talk some forum static and of course gives away the password for the July 26th Poker Stars VIP Club Invitational for Pokercast listeners.

The Decemberists - 'The Wanting Comes In Waves', The Hazards of Love 2009, Wilco - 'You Never Know', Wilco 2009 'Pokercast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 :

Last edited by Mike Johnson; 07-21-2009 at 12:50 PM.
07-21-2009 , 09:27 AM
first

thx bunner, this Episode came just in time to accompany me on my bike-ride to the beergarden.
sweet tuesdays. Listening to Lon talking to M&A should be a lot of fun.
07-21-2009 , 10:09 AM
talking about Moon not wanting to take any sponsorship deals for the FT.
I vaguely remember Full Tilt having that thing about if one of the players that is wearing their logos at the ME (i.e. sponsored by Full Tilt) and ends up winning it that player would get a bonus totalling 10 million.
So I wonder, if Phil Ivey would end up winning the ME would he get 10 million on top of his first place prize from Full Tilt?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read through the TOS of their promotion and I think that PI would be inelegible for that promotion anyway for multiple reasons. (e.g. most likely bought into the event directly, might be considered as a FT employee of some sort, etc)

Last edited by S t =0= n a; 07-21-2009 at 10:14 AM. Reason: prematurly posted a question that was easy to research
07-21-2009 , 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S t =0= n a
talking about Moon not wanting to take any sponsorship deals for the FT.
I vaguely remember Full Tilt having that thing about if one of the players that is wearing their logos at the ME (i.e. sponsored by Full Tilt) and ends up winning it that player would get a bonus totalling 10 million.
So I wonder, if Phil Ivey would end up winning the ME would he get 10 million on top of his first place prize from Full Tilt?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just read through the TOS of their promotion and I think that PI would be inelegible for that promotion anyway for multiple reasons. (e.g. most likely bought into the event directly, might be considered as a FT employee of some sort, etc)
Fwiw, Allen Cunningham were eligible a few years ago.
07-21-2009 , 12:05 PM
Starting to listen now, hopefully be done by Friday.
07-21-2009 , 01:15 PM
Pokercast makes me

07-21-2009 , 01:48 PM
another excellant episode lads,

That Lon Maclaren interview was top notch journalism, ye managed to seemlessly move through so many stories and somewhat awkward questions for Lon whilst keepin it entertaining and informative, also fair play to Lon, what a pro and seems a true gent.

His non broadcast voice is so different to his broadcast voice unlike Norman Chad and yerselves. Odd although this observation is comin from the high fever depths of swine flu quarantine.

speaking of which, i bust out early on day5 in 380th. think it was monday morn..

flew home wednesday and virus kicked in friday, so prob picked it up from aeroplane travel but heard ye mention a virus goin round the rio at the time, any word on rio swine flu victims?

one weird hand i had on day2, i shove allin on the turn on young german pstars guy, on a k8x high rainbow board when there was heaps of chips in the pot.....he tanks it....and disgustingly throws over his cards(Ak) without sayin a word..

Now im wearing headphones, and as i direct my cards into the muck, seat 8 jumps up and and shouts at me to stop, i grab cards b4 they hit muck. take off the phones and am told that the kid hadnt said fold yet.

So kid says that he hadnt made his action and still could, so floor is called and he is told he will be fined an orbit of the table for exposing but still had the right to act on the hand. He instant mucked, probably due to my overacting sell that i wanted the fold.

anyways the other players after told me it was allowed round vegas to do this, an old time cash game angle...i dunno, anyways im rambling and beginning to foam at mouth

great show again, and was cool to met ye at the party, i'm Shaunys Irish mate from the party
07-21-2009 , 01:55 PM
I think you guys should have put Lon on hold and answered call waiting during the interview.

Pics of "Bonner" getting a ticket please! Also, pics of the mustache ride parade too.
07-21-2009 , 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Douglas
I think you guys should have put Lon on hold and answered call waiting during the interview.
YES, this!

Quote:
Pics of "Bonner" getting a ticket please! Also, pics of the mustache ride parade too.
PLEAZE!!!!

Lon was a great guest. "Better than Rome" I'm not 100% on, but a great interview.

Last edited by jefkve; 07-21-2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: just beacause...
07-21-2009 , 03:21 PM
Quote:

Lol so it was on the show. the hole time i thought it was my computer. Good to know that it was not actually my computer.
07-21-2009 , 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog2782
Lol so it was on the show. the hole time i thought it was my computer. Good to know that it was not actually my computer.
Me too. I was listening on my iPhone, so it really tilted me. The second time it happened it was when Lon was discussing Tiffany Michelle, and sounded like it was a censor.
07-21-2009 , 03:40 PM
Quote:
Me too. I was listening on my iPhone, so it really tilted me. The second time it happened it was when Lon was discussing Tiffany Michelle, and sounded like it was a censor.
You can thank *TT* for the beeps.

I can't believe we didn't think about putting Lon on hold to answer the call, would have been hilarious.
07-21-2009 , 04:04 PM
iim not surprised about the 3 sites to a table.......was their any doubt that Harrahs and Harrahs management get raging boner's when someone says the word Hellmuth? they bend over for Phil on a regular basis....
07-21-2009 , 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz
You can thank *TT* for the beeps.

I can't believe we didn't think about putting Lon on hold to answer the call, would have been hilarious.
Transcript:

TT "uh hey"
PC "whatcha doin? nothing, just doing an interview"
TT "oh, cool. have you seen my car keys?"
PC "no, did you check the fridge."
TT "uh.. no hold on.. ..... they're not there.."
07-21-2009 , 04:16 PM
I think the Lon interview might be my favorite one yet from the pokercast. Nice job.
07-21-2009 , 05:39 PM
Rule 43B:

Quote:
B. During all events taped for television coverage:
i. During all events taped for television coverage, and at the start of each television taping day, no more than three (3) players at the Final Table – and all other tables featured for television coverage – will be allowed to wear apparel with logos, patches or promotional language from the same entity. Under no circumstances may players seated at televised Final or Feature Tables add logos, patches or promotional language to their apparel after the beginning of that day’s session of play.
ii. Should there be more than three (3) players representing the same entity at the start of a televised Final or feature table – and those players can not agree which player will remove or cover their logos for the common entity – a WSOP official will draw high-card prior to the start of play to determine which players will be allowed to wear the logos of the common entity. After the draw of the high-card, the affected player(s) must either cover the relevant logo(s) or change their apparel.
iii. Under no circumstance may players seated at televised Final or Feature add logos, patches or promotional language to their apparel after the beginning of that day’s session of play.
At the moment, it's 4 FTP (Begleiter, Akenhead, Ivey, Buchman), 1 CardPlayer/Spade Club (Shulman), 1 Stars (Schaffel), 1 UB (Cada), 1 Everest (Saout), and the lone free agent (Moon).

I doubt it was UB bending their ear to try and make the final table, but the other sites had their players defect to much larger sites (ie. Eastgate qualified on Ladbrokes).
07-21-2009 , 06:51 PM
Why on gods green earth would u bring boosted j back on? He was the worst interview/show you guys ever had and it was blatenely obvious. I'm sure hes a nice guy, but he acts as if he is slow. He might as well be drunk because he sleers everyword and makes zero sense during an interview. I was as always pumped for the new show today only to find out you are having brain freeze j back on.

bummer!

still the best poker pod imo.
07-21-2009 , 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmath
Rule 43B:

At the moment, it's 4 FTP (Begleiter, Akenhead, Ivey, Buchman), 1 CardPlayer/Spade Club (Shulman), 1 Stars (Schaffel), 1 UB (Cada), 1 Everest (Saout), and the lone free agent (Moon).

I doubt it was UB bending their ear to try and make the final table, but the other sites had their players defect to much larger sites (ie. Eastgate qualified on Ladbrokes).
Buchman has switched to PokerStars for at least the final table. According to PokerNews, Akenhead actually won his seat on Stars but hw definitely wore Full Tilt gear anyway.
07-21-2009 , 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustuw72
Why on gods green earth would u bring boosted j back on? He was the worst interview/show you guys ever had and it was blatenely obvious. I'm sure hes a nice guy, but he acts as if he is slow. He might as well be drunk because he sleers everyword and makes zero sense during an interview. I was as always pumped for the new show today only to find out you are having brain freeze j back on.

bummer!

still the best poker pod imo.
He was on because it's a pretty hilarious story.
07-21-2009 , 08:30 PM
Great show guys. Long time listener but first time poster in this forum. Just wanted to let you know I think the shows just get better and better. Keep on keeping on.
07-22-2009 , 12:18 AM
Okay, well Lon is awesome.
07-22-2009 , 12:29 AM
Yes Pokercast Krama for me
07-22-2009 , 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeraw
Yes Pokercast Krama for me
07-22-2009 , 02:23 AM
Really weird, trying to listen to it and it stops at a random spot and says buffering but never starts again, the weird thing is the entire track seems to have already loaded so I think that means it's already buffed?
07-22-2009 , 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettym
Really weird, trying to listen to it and it stops at a random spot and says buffering but never starts again, the weird thing is the entire track seems to have already loaded so I think that means it's already buffed?
That happens occasionally. Just re-open it and try it again.

m