Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Pokercast Episode 75 - Brock "t soprano" Parker, Barry Greenstein  & iMEGA Chairman Joe Brennan Pokercast Episode 75 - Brock "t soprano" Parker, Barry Greenstein  & iMEGA Chairman Joe Brennan

06-16-2009 , 01:25 PM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios, June 16th 2009 -

Live from the Two Plus Two Studios - Coverage of the 40th annual World Series of Poker continues this week on Pokercast with two bracelet winners joining the guys on the program. Brock "t soprano" Parker, winner of two bracelets only a week apart, talks about his incredible run in back to back tournaments, defeating four-time WSOP champion Daniel Negreanu heads-up and his future plans after finally capturing a bracelet. Barry Greenstein also chimes in on the show during a dinner break to help shed some light on the bracelet side bets going on at this years series and talks about all the rumors surrounding his good friend Phil Ivey's two bracelet wins. We are also treated to a surprise appearance by Eli Elezra breaking down one of the side bets. There is also a special Poker Legislation segment added on to the end of this weeks Pokercast, stay tuned after the sign off to hear this bonus segment on the issues surrounding online poker in the USA featuring iMEGA chairman Joe Brennan Jr and learn about Two Plus Two's endorsement of iMEGA. Mike also talks some forum static and of course gives away the password for the June 21st Poker Stars VIP Club Invitational for Pokercast listeners.

Pokercast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 : Slow Ride - Foghat - Fool for the City © 1975 :
06-16-2009 , 01:26 PM
been waiting 3 hrs
weeeeeeeeee
06-16-2009 , 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubslotionskin
been waiting 3 hrs
weeeeeeeeee
qft now i can mow my lawn
06-16-2009 , 01:34 PM
Wahoo! Just got lunch perfect timing. Guess I'll have to stop listening to the SSSC for an hour or so to listen. :P
06-16-2009 , 03:44 PM
Was that really necessary to mention Phil's race there and let that pass the editing?
06-16-2009 , 03:57 PM
Chainsaw Poll is up:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/97...r-show-511022/

Vote or die mother ****ers!
06-16-2009 , 06:36 PM
slowride do do do do, take it easy, do do do slowride.........
great that's gonna be stuck in my head all day heh

p.s. johnny D is on top of things, had the poll up before i finished listening to the cast, and i started the cast like as it came up lol
06-16-2009 , 07:48 PM
Barry is always such a great guest
06-16-2009 , 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubslotionskin

p.s. johnny D is on top of things, had the poll up before i finished listening to the cast, and i started the cast like as it came up lol
I'm pretty sure it was a test to see if I still listen to the show Quick turn around if I say so myself, as we were on the bubble in today's PCL event when I posted.
06-16-2009 , 08:18 PM
Three hour podcast? We're going to have to start testing Adam amd Mike for PEDs, Johnny Douglas, please obtain some urine samples.
06-16-2009 , 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIIIIIIN!
Three hour podcast? We're going to have to start testing Adam amd Mike for PEDs, Johnny Douglas, please obtain some urine samples.
I'll need bunner to collect them, there's a good chance Adam would send in one from his floor peein' son.
06-16-2009 , 09:53 PM
I thought Barry's comment about a racial bias with regard to Ivey was spot on. I've always pegged him as an idiot savant with a natural poker ability, and not a hyper-intelligent guy with regard to the rest of life.

I don't really know the source of my personal bias. I'd like to think it's because I don't know much about the guy, and he likes to keep it that way. I can say I'm 95% sure that's the reason, but that's a scary 5% I can't put my finger on.
06-16-2009 , 10:47 PM
Link to "Victory Song" thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54...eadsup-491103/

EDIT:

Eventually culminated in this song, and then someone made a video for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwqNyTxPXMw

Last edited by Johnny Douglas; 06-16-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Video
06-16-2009 , 10:57 PM
at about the 18 minute mark, Michael Jordan was credited with having 5 championships to his name. i believe he has 6.
06-16-2009 , 11:01 PM
jose canseco is a dick anyway.

I tried to get his autograph as a little kid, and he wouldn't do it unless I paid him money...

Last edited by AceofSpades; 06-16-2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: I'm not the guy in the thread either...
06-17-2009 , 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyAburger
Was that really necessary to mention Phil's race there and let that pass the editing?
I thought the comment was spot on. Barry being outspoken and honest is what makes him a good guest.
06-17-2009 , 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmick122
I thought the comment was spot on. Barry being outspoken and honest is what makes him a good guest.
100% agreed. Pretty good episode with Barry being the highlight.
06-17-2009 , 03:25 AM
Adam for bracelet and estonian athem
06-17-2009 , 06:39 AM
Quote Mike and Adam before the Greenstein interview..."this segment will only be 15 minutes" I've never loved the 'over' so much in my entire life!!

Left the studio at 5:30 a.m. *sigh

Posting mainly so people can see how money the avatar is.

Last edited by Bunner; 06-18-2009 at 06:29 AM.
06-17-2009 , 09:07 AM
what's that ivey hand where he said he could'a written 10 more pages on the hand? where can you find it
06-17-2009 , 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunner
Quote Mike and Adam before the Greenstein interview..."this segment will only be 15 minutes" I've never love the 'over' so much in my entire life!!

Left the studio at 5:30 a.m. *sigh

Posting mainly so people can see how money the avatar is.
Thanks for leaving Eli's F-Bombs in!
06-17-2009 , 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOONERCAM
what's that ivey hand where he said he could'a written 10 more pages on the hand? where can you find it
also want to see the "great poker minds list" phil ivey didn't make beacause "he's black" or whatever berry was talking about. I'm sure there are still plenty of dumb ass racists, on both sides of the fence, but I will not believe he was kept off a list because of his skin color. even before I knew a flush beat a straight i knew phil ivey was one of the elite
06-17-2009 , 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpindacasa
also want to see the "great poker minds list" phil ivey didn't make beacause "he's black" or whatever berry was talking about. I'm sure there are still plenty of dumb ass racists, on both sides of the fence, but I will not believe he was kept off a list because of his skin color. even before I knew a flush beat a straight i knew phil ivey was one of the elite
I think it was less to do with out and out racism, and more with Ivey being overlooked/underestimated.
06-17-2009 , 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Douglas
Thanks for leaving Eli's F-Bombs in!
That was hilarious lol.
06-17-2009 , 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1r3man
That was hilarious lol.
haha .. yes that definitely made me LOL .. Eli's the man!

m