Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Beta 16 Released Beta 16 Released

08-27-2008 , 05:29 PM
Added:
  • Trial extension: 60 days
  • Cache to improve Hud performance
  • Table opening for TableTracker (Full Tilt, Party and PokerStars only)
  • Database Housekeeping. Replaces the old way of
  • clustering/vacuuming/analyzing
Changed:
  • Hud: Config window should now popup in front of windows and is now centered on the screen rather than the table.
  • Hud: New drawing method, should be much more efficient and less resource intensive
  • PokerStars observed tables can now only import 30 hands per session (30 minutes required between sessions before new hands can import) REQUIRED BY POKERSTARS
  • Export: Groups hands by table, and in order (improves speed when re-importing)
Fixed:
  • Hud: Crashes
  • Hud: iPoker tournaments not being recognized
  • Hud: iPoker showing lifetime stats of Hero after sitting out
  • Hud: iPoker tournament tables not being recognized
  • Hud: Stats remaining on screen after table closes
  • Import: Everest 6/2 max limits
  • Import: Some tournament import issues with dates
  • Import: Rare continuation bet problems
  • Import: flg_x_has_position
  • Import: Party hands with invalid dates will no longer import
  • Report: Cache preventing certain filters from working
  • TableTracker: Displaying multiple entries for single player in table list

I know it's been a long time coming, but there have been a lot of changes since the last release. Hud performance and stability has improved dramatically. This was accomplished primarily with two changes:

1. A new drawing method
2. Introduction of a cache

The new drawing method reduces the resources that the Hud uses and makes a huge difference when you have many tables open. The cache reduces the resources used by PostgreSQL when you have very large databases. The combination of the two means that no matter how large your databases are or how many tables you have open at one time, PT3 should have little problem working for you now. I'm sure there are still some problems remaining, but they are hopefully now few and far between. If you experience a little bit of lag, try disabling logging. PT3 logs a lot of information and that can cause some resource usage as well.

Important Cache Information
In order to use the cache, you need to update it. You do this using the new Housekeeping feature, which replaces the old cluster/vacuum/analyze functionality. The new housekeeping feature allows you to cluster, vacuum, analyze and update the cache on one or all of your databases. You just tell it which actions to perform on which databases and it does them all for you without any further interaction from you. Keep in mind that the housekeeping actions can be time consuming and doing them all on a lot of large databases can take a tremendous amount of time. Also, if you haven't defragged your hard drive recently, you may want to do so after clustering and vacuuming, but prior to analyzing and updating the cache. Defragging before clustering may help, but the act of clustering and vacuuming may fragment your hard drive. At any rate, it should speed up the caching process.

TableTracker Table Opening
Also in this release is the ability to launch poker sites and open tables directly from the TableTracker interface. The table opening functionality is still a little basic and only works on Party, PokerStars and Full Tilt. We are working on adding support for the other sites PT3 supports and will have that to you as soon as we can. We will also be improving the interface, making it much easier and more useful and adding some highly requested features.

Other Points of Interest
The cause of the slow importing of exported hands has been found. It wasn't really a bug, but rather a problem with an optimization not being utilized. When PT3 imports, it keeps session information cached in memory so that it doesn't have to query the database after each hand to determine if the session information is already in the database. This only works when hands from a single session are in close proximity of each other. With the export, PT3 would not keep the hands in any particular order, so when importing, PT3 would have to constantly query the database for session information. Unfortunately, there's nothing that can be done to improve the speed of existing exported files, but in this version it groups the hands together by table, so this should not be an issue with exported hands in the future.

A few of the annoying non-crashing, non-lag Hud problems have also been resolved. The Hud should appear without issue on tournament tables. It should also never show your lifetime stats (by not realizing you're the hero at the table). The stats should always be consistent between the table stats and the popup stats as well.

Some of the import problems have also been fixed. The problem with Everest 6 max tables is fixed. Tournament dates issues have been fixed. Problems with continuation bets and the flg_[street]_has_position column has been fixed as well. Unfortunately, to see these changes, hands must be purged and re-imported.

Trial Extension
We've decided to extend the trial period again with this beta version. This version will give you an additional 60 day trial to test PT3 if you haven't already purchased it.

The Future
I'm pretty confident that this release will fix the majority of Hud problems, so it's finally time for us to move on to other items. Our overall plan is to fix the remaining bugs and then bring PT3 up to par with PT2 in terms of features missing. That is our main priority, in addition to a few more TableTracker features. From there, we will add more site support and additional features that don't exist in PT2. These features should be added fairly quickly, so expect releases more often. If you have submitted a bug report support ticket and have not yet received a reply and this version doesn't fix your problem, do not despair. I plan on fixing a lot of the minor problems that have been submitted for the next beta.

We appreciate those of you who have been patiently waiting for fixes. We understand it's frustrating and admire those of you who can handle that frustration in a constructive manner. Thank you. I hope that we will make your patience pay off.
08-27-2008 , 06:11 PM
first !
08-27-2008 , 06:20 PM
30 minutes into updating the cache on a fast computer and it reports as ZERO percent done? What the heck is going on? It won't let me quit it either, what do I do? Restart computer?
08-27-2008 , 06:30 PM
Hi guys,

when trying ti install the new version, i get the message:

Error opening file for writing:

C:\Program Files\PokerTracker3\PokerTracker.exe

The i get to choose ignore (skip this file), try again or abort. What do I do?
08-27-2008 , 06:34 PM
Close PT3 completely, including the "please update" message, before upgrading to the new version.

That will eliminate this message.
08-27-2008 , 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpoker323
30 minutes into updating the cache on a fast computer and it reports as ZERO percent done?
having same problem.

I'm running housekeeping (only cache update) and its 0% after 5 minutes.
08-27-2008 , 06:36 PM
Quote:
30 minutes into updating the cache on a fast computer and it reports as ZERO percent done? What the heck is going on? It won't let me quit it either, what do I do? Restart computer?
The cache has to calculate stats on every player in your DB.

The larger your DB the longer this is going to take. There were some optimizations that went into Beta 16 that weren't in the last alpha, so I can't say exactly how long it should take, just that if you've got a several million hand database, be prepared to wait a long time (letting it run overnight would be a good way to go).
08-27-2008 , 06:39 PM
On a 3m hand database, it took my computer about 4.5 hours to update the cache. If you have a fragmented hard drive, or didn't cluster/vacuum/analyze, it might take even longer.
08-27-2008 , 07:04 PM
Quote:
Just finished doing mine, it stayed out 0 percent untill it finished.
08-27-2008 , 07:38 PM
What are the stars changes about observed hands? That kinda went over my head.
08-27-2008 , 08:31 PM
Thought this patch was going to have autorate?
08-27-2008 , 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOPRAKEGREED
What are the stars changes about observed hands? That kinda went over my head.
There was a miscommunication between us and we initially took their requirements as "we were allowed to import up to 30 observed hands per table session" which is what was in the previous version.

They came back to us and stated that we are only allowed to import 30 hands total (per session, including all tables). They consider a new session after 30 minutes has passed since the last session.

Unfortunately, this is not the greatest news but it is better than nothing. Since we always comply with sites rules, for our users safety, there is nothing that we could do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justscott
Thought this patch was going to have autorate?
Please read the "State of PokerTracker" post. Auto-rate is essentially our number one feature for the next release which will be out much, much, much faster than it took from Beta 15 to Beta 16.

Best regards,

Derek
08-28-2008 , 01:52 AM
u need to fix the percentages..its misleading and frustrating to sit at 0% the whole time
08-28-2008 , 02:54 AM
Still no HUD for Ongame....
08-28-2008 , 04:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruM

This. I asked in june when it will be done and they said in a week or two.

But well...i understand.
08-28-2008 , 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce

The Future
I'm pretty confident that this release will fix the majority of Hud problems, so it's finally time for us to move on to other items. Our overall plan is to fix the remaining bugs and then bring PT3 up to par with PT2 in terms of features missing. That is our main priority, in addition to a few more TableTracker features. From there, we will add more site support and additional features that don't exist in PT2. These features should be added fairly quickly, so expect releases more often. If you have submitted a bug report support ticket and have not yet received a reply and this version doesn't fix your problem, do not despair. I plan on fixing a lot of the minor problems that have been submitted for the next beta.

We appreciate those of you who have been patiently waiting for fixes. We understand it's frustrating and admire those of you who can handle that frustration in a constructive manner. Thank you. I hope that we will make your patience pay off.
WD fixing the HUD. I realize you guys have had a hard time.

I wanna ask though. Can you give a rough time estimate on when we will start seeing new sites added? (For me it relates to Crypto in particular). My PT3 is downloaded and paid for, but its just sitting there while im using PT2 due to lack of site support. (Yes, i could have used trial, but i knew i was getting it anyway. This is not in any way a complaint about the product.)

Oh...one more thing. I asked this question when PT3 was lauched and i got linked to the developent plan. I hope you can estimate something a bit more specific as the development plan has no timeline.

Thanks in advance.
08-28-2008 , 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruM
+2. ETA?
08-28-2008 , 09:40 AM
I want to have the OnGame Hud working soon. Maybe in the next beta, but I'm really focusing on remaining bugs with that release, so more likely the release after that.
08-28-2008 , 07:59 PM
So is Tabletracker supposed to be functional in this beta? I did the housekeeping thing and when I select the site and levels where I have stats for 13k players, I get nothing.
08-28-2008 , 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_2_it
So is Tabletracker supposed to be functional in this beta? I did the housekeeping thing and when I select the site and levels where I have stats for 13k players, I get nothing.
Are you selecting the correct level? Note that TableTracker lists the levels as $[BB] NL.
08-28-2008 , 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peligroso
Are you selecting the correct level? Note that TableTracker lists the levels as $[BB] NL.
Ah, that did it. Many thanks!
08-29-2008 , 03:18 AM
After during the housekeeping. I got an error message saying:
Unable to execute query: CREATE TABLE holdem_cache...................................... ...

is that normal?
08-29-2008 , 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce
On a 3m hand database, it took my computer about 4.5 hours to update the cache. If you have a fragmented hard drive, or didn't cluster/vacuum/analyze, it might take even longer.
Oops. Shame I didn't read this beforehand. >5M hand database and was hoping to play some more today... Perhaps a warning before running housekeeping is in order?
08-29-2008 , 04:23 AM
Also, is there an easy way for me to get my Cash game HUD copies over into the Tournament HUD layout? I've spent a long, long time configuring my Cash game hud and was hoping to not have to go through all of that again for tournaments...
08-29-2008 , 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skelm
Oops. Shame I didn't read this beforehand. >5M hand database and was hoping to play some more today... Perhaps a warning before running housekeeping is in order?
A warning would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelm
Also, is there an easy way for me to get my Cash game HUD copies over into the Tournament HUD layout? I've spent a long, long time configuring my Cash game hud and was hoping to not have to go through all of that again for tournaments...
Unfortunately no. This is planned though for when I add import/export functionality to the Hud layouts.

m