Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Heads-Up No-Limit Hold 'em Heads-Up No-Limit Hold 'em

08-07-2008 , 06:00 AM
Hi Everyone:

Our release date for Heads-Up No-Limit Hold 'em by Collin Moshman is Sept. 20, 2008. The book will be 393 pages, and the listed retail price is $29.95 (but I suspect our Two Plus Two Store will discount it some).

We're doing proof reading now and Gonso is finishing up his nifty cover design. So it should be offered for sale as a pre-order in the near future.

Best wishes,
Mason
Heads-Up No-Limit Hold 'em Quote
08-07-2008 , 08:50 AM
Brilliant.

Can you personally ask Collin when the audio version is released please?jokes.

Really looking forward to it though, as i'm sure everyone else is. Be cool to check out the cover design, the usual community cards and a couple guns is a little mundane.

08-07-2008 , 03:34 PM
Sweet!!!! Is is gonna be on the 5 books promotion for non US players?
08-07-2008 , 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guikalil
Sweet!!!! Is is gonna be on the 5 books promotion for non US players?
Eventually.

Best wishes,
Mason
08-07-2008 , 05:35 PM
mason,
is the moshman book's focus on 1on1 SNG/tourneys or cash? both? Thanks.
08-07-2008 , 06:41 PM
Mason, could you please ask Gonso what kind of critter his avatar is for me?

I suspect it's some kind of groundhog with an acoustic guitar.

Gonso, can you confirm this?

lol he's gonna ****ing stab me one day.
08-07-2008 , 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LirvA
Gonso, can you confirm this?

lol he's gonna ****ing stab me one day.
Yes I can confirm I will stab you
08-08-2008 , 01:35 AM
Hota Kotb will protect me

08-08-2008 , 01:36 AM
on a serious note, Mason said you're finishing up the cover design, have you done any other 2+2 covers Gonso?
08-08-2008 , 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBrounder
mason,
is the moshman book's focus on 1on1 SNG/tourneys or cash? both? Thanks.
Here's the back cover information:

Quote:
Heads-up confrontations can occur in any game, even when every seat is occupied. Yet most hold ’em players who transition to heads-up, especially from full ring no-limit games, do not succeed. Adjusting to the amount of aggression can be difficult since heads-up battles require you to bet and raise with many hands.

Mastering heads-up no-limit hold ‘em is invaluable if you’re looking to add a loose-aggressive component to your game. With more heads-up matches available, becoming proficient in them is highly profitable.

This text is the first strategy book devoted to no-limit heads-up play. You will learn to:

1. Master expected value, equity, and heads-up fundamentals
2. Play and exploit the most common playing styles
3. Manipulate the pot size based on your hand and your opponent
4. Attack button limps, bluff multiple streets, and play aggressively
5. Distinguish between optimal tournament and cash strategies
6. Exploit your opponents through metagame mastery
7. Maximize your profits through game theory and business concepts.

So if you are an aspiring heads-up professional, or are just challenged to a one-on-one battle, Heads-Up No-Limit Hold ’em provides you with the tools you need for success.
Best wishes,
Mason
08-08-2008 , 02:06 AM
looks like it's gonna be a solid book.
08-08-2008 , 01:18 PM
Hello, Mason:

I remember when the SNG book came out, Moshman recieved a ton of heat for not consulting the forum regulars for information. Did he consult the HU forum regulars in this book. If so, who? And I guess there is a nice explanation of SAGE, right/jk, obv.
08-08-2008 , 06:47 PM
good stuff. love the SNG book....... and no way he should run his ideas through a forum. maybe ask a few people who are very good at HU, but doesn't have to be from forum.

really looking forward to it.
08-08-2008 , 08:14 PM
Moshman has made several posts in the HU forum. I can't say that I agreed with everythig he wrote. And I don't understand why in the world he wouldn't want to consult the best HU players in the world.
08-09-2008 , 06:03 AM
DaveT:

Collin has obv been lurking in the HU forum and monitoring the common topics etc.

His reply to one hand i posted was A+ and all his hu vids are A+.

I see what you mean about talking to the best hu players but he's certaintly a talented hu player himself. For all we know he probably has been consulting alot of good hu players???
08-09-2008 , 01:19 PM
VBrounder, while I focus more on HU tournaments than cash in my own games, the book treats all aspects of heads-up. This includes HU SNG, cash, the final two of an MTT, and blind-vs-blind play at fuller tables. Differences and adjustments between tournament and cash play are discussed at length. So I think any NL HU player will find a lot of useful material in this book.

daveT I'm confused by your comment. I've spent substantial time in the heads-up forum and have benefited from the discussion there enormously -- so much so that nearly half the space of the Acknowledgements section is devoted to the 2+2 HUNL forum, including specific posters whose brains I've picked at length.
08-09-2008 , 03:24 PM
I was making a sardonic remark to smbruin. Sarcasm doesn't always come across well in this forum. Thanks for your respose.
08-10-2008 , 02:31 AM
The Stox video's Collin has done on heads up play are terrific!

The first SNG book is the treatise on the topic.

I know this heads up book will be awesome.
08-10-2008 , 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Moshman
VBrounder, while I focus more on HU tournaments than cash in my own games, the book treats all aspects of heads-up. This includes HU SNG, cash, the final two of an MTT, and blind-vs-blind play at fuller tables. Differences and adjustments between tournament and cash play are discussed at length. So I think any NL HU player will find a lot of useful material in this book.
Thanks. I'm looking forward to picking this up as i really enjoyed SnG strat. I like your writing style (along with Miller's); informative but not quite as dry as earlier 2+2 titles.

good luck with the book and keep up the good work.

vb
08-10-2008 , 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by French_Kido
Be cool to check out the cover design, the usual community cards and a couple guns is a little mundane.
it would be nice to bring back the old "six shooter" cover for nostalgia imo.

The revolver might have to changed to a tech-9 or something to reflect modern poker warfare.
08-10-2008 , 08:59 AM
Quote:
it would be nice to bring back the old "six shooter" cover for nostalgia imo.

The revolver might have to changed to a tech-9 or something to reflect modern poker warfare.
I'd prefer a plasma gun in the 50mw range....
08-10-2008 , 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by French_Kido
Be cool to check out the cover design, the usual community cards and a couple guns is a little mundane.
Great, NOW you tell me
08-10-2008 , 09:07 AM
Quote:
Funny you mentioned that, I'm trying to get my hands on some professional-quality photographs of actual revolvers for a possible future project.

Anyway, I'm seriously looking forward to this book. I've been looking at the cover long enough
08-10-2008 , 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonso
I've been looking at the cover long enough
Please share on here if/when Big Poppa approves. Thanks.
08-10-2008 , 11:32 AM
haha i thought i was the only one who cared about the design.

seriously though it makes it easier to pick the book up sometimes when you can't be asked.

I'm thinking Collin with some hos everywhere wud be very 2p2ish IMO.

Take that into consideration gonso

m