Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Pokercast Episode 34 - Ray Zee & Mason Malmuth Pokercast Episode 34 - Ray Zee & Mason Malmuth

07-29-2008 , 05:08 PM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios - The featured guest on Pokercast this week is author and semi-retired high stakes poker pro Ray Zee. Ray authored both Hi-Lo Split Poker for Advanced Players and Seven Card Stud for Advanced Players. He came on the show to discuss strategy and share some fascinating stories from the old days involving poker legends like Amarillo Slim, Johnny Moss and Stu Unger. Mason Malmuth was also on the program to discuss his involvement in the Poker Players Alliance and their stance on the online cheating scandals. Mike and Adam also talk some tournament news, forum static and of course give away the password for the August 3rd Poker Stars VIP Club freeroll.

Pokercast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. - © 2007 : Gary Numan & Tubeway Army - Down In The Park - Replicas (Redux 2008 Tour Edition : Hepcat - Goodbye Street :
07-29-2008 , 05:53 PM
wow up already damn. you probaly didnt read my questions. Is that a new voice over guy?
07-29-2008 , 06:48 PM
You mentioned that Duke will be on another radio station. Would you identify that station?
07-29-2008 , 06:52 PM
where are the dumb Crimainals THRead or vids.
07-29-2008 , 07:31 PM
Links

Bellagio Poker Dealer Hitman
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...ellagio+dealer

Man attempts to bet weed at Poker Game - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...776&highlight=
07-29-2008 , 07:31 PM
hooray for 2 hour pokercasts.
Keep up the good work guys
07-29-2008 , 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy
You mentioned that Duke will be on another radio station. Would you identify that station?
She will be on pokeraffiliateworld.com's podcast this week.
07-29-2008 , 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson

Man attempts to bet weed at Poker Game - http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...776&highlight=
I am going to Fresno to visit Club One where that video was shot next week with Adanthar and some other tourney-nuts (I am not a tourney nut but in a pinch I guess I am always down for a good time!), I look forward to meeting 2+2'er EdmondDantes who is the card room operator as well as a solid B&M forum contributor. I will try to talk him into a re-enactment of the weed betting game just for kicks :-). I hope to talk him into acting as the Pokercast's California lieson, its good to have someone on the ground floor now that the state is discussing legalisation of online poker!

(I dont smoke, but it would be funny none the less)
07-29-2008 , 08:58 PM
"If there weren't luck involved, I guess I'd win every one" -- 2004 PLHE final table

"I can dodge bullets, baby" -- 2005 main event

Yes, it's incredibly sad that I can remember these so easily.
07-29-2008 , 09:55 PM
Excellent episode. Please have Ray Zee back again sometime soon for more stories.
07-29-2008 , 09:56 PM
Wait a second, I posted too early. I just heard you say no episode next week because you seem to think it is a holiday. Talk about ruining a great episode.
07-29-2008 , 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORAG
Wait a second, I posted too early. I just heard you say no episode next week because you seem to think it is a holiday. Talk about ruining a great episode.
I'm also going to be blind as a bat next Monday
07-29-2008 , 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz
I'm also going to be blind as a bat next Monday
It isn't a big deal at all. Having laser vision correction is about 5-10% as unpleasant as having your teeth cleaned.

The process takes minutes. Your eye is fully numbed. You won't feel, smell or hear anything.

The prescribe Valium beforehand to mellow you out. It is silly to take it-completely unnecessary. They prescribe Vicodin afterwards for the "pain". This too is unnecessary. You may experience some discomfort. There's nothing approaching pain post-op.

Good luck with the process. If you're at all nervous please don't be. It is a very non-invasive procedure with minimal discomfort.
07-29-2008 , 10:51 PM
Is it LASIK or PRK that you're having done, Adam?
07-29-2008 , 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by True North
Is it LASIK or PRK that you're having done, Adam?
We're performing 'no touch' surface PRK on Adam. Safer, less invasive and superior outcomes for his correction, corneal steepness and thickness.
07-29-2008 , 11:20 PM
Quote:
We're performing 'no touch' surface PRK on Adam. Safer, less invasive and superior outcomes for her correction, corneal steepness and thickness.
What the hell is going on itt? I really have to listen to the new show.
07-29-2008 , 11:32 PM
Quote:
superior outcomes for his correction
he needs that, his correction is far from superior

Quote:
corneal steepness
you know how steep adam's corn is? Thats sick!

Quote:
and thickness.
I am not going there, this is a family gambling show.
07-29-2008 , 11:47 PM
Good to hear Mallmuth state 2+2's position on things. His comments about Annie Duke are on the money. It's worrying to hear from him about his talks with the PPA that their chairman didn't really know too much about her possible conflict of interest.
07-30-2008 , 01:26 PM
So I'm a bit confused about Mason's statement that 2p2 doesn't accept ads from affilliates. There was a rakebreak.com banner ad when I first logged on today, and I've seen rakefreeze banners too. Adam, considering that you own rakefreeze and advertise on 2p2, shouldn't you have mentioned this or further questioned Mason's assertion that they don't allow affilliate ads? I know that rakefreeze doesn't offer UB or Absolute (kudos for that!), but rakebreak does, so 2p2 is indirectly supporting those sites.
07-30-2008 , 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSchaff
So I'm a bit confused about Mason's statement that 2p2 doesn't accept ads from affilliates. There was a rakebreak.com banner ad when I first logged on today, and I've seen rakefreeze banners too. Adam, considering that you own rakefreeze and advertise on 2p2, shouldn't you have mentioned this or further questioned Mason's assertion that they don't allow affilliate ads? I know that rakefreeze doesn't offer UB or Absolute (kudos for that!), but rakebreak does, so 2p2 is indirectly supporting those sites.
You misunderstand. Mason said 2P2 isn't an affiliate. Selling ads to affiliates is different that if 2P2 put up Stars ads and took their fee based on how many signups the ad got.
07-30-2008 , 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman3000

Quote:
We're performing 'no touch' surface PRK on Adam. Safer, less invasive and superior outcomes for his correction, corneal steepness and thickness.
What the hell is going on itt? I really have to listen to the new show.
Ahh, it all makes sense now...kinda. I still don't understand what you do Mike but at least the laserguy2020 mystery is solved. I always thought you had something to do with hockey. Maybe that is just an ugly Canadian stereotype. Think I can come up to Vancouver and get some under the table laser eye surgery?

On a more serious note, Ray Zee was awesome. I love the old stories and he is great at telling them. I'd like to say that he and Mason are underestimating the popularity of a PLO book but they would know better than I.
07-30-2008 , 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaman3000
On a more serious note, Ray Zee was awesome. I love the old stories and he is great at telling them. I'd like to say that he and Mason are underestimating the popularity of a PLO book but they would know better than I.
when was the last time you saw a PLO game go in a live setting? Generally the people who buy books in the states are the people who don't play online, sad but true. Publishing a book is like investing, Mason first needs the right content and then second needs to make sure that the return on investment will pay off. Its true that there is a demand for a PLO in the 2+2 community, but the book buying audience is much greater than just us.
07-30-2008 , 02:59 PM
Here comes TT and his "voice of reason" to ruin the fun.

I will promise to buy ten of them and give them out as x-mas presents if that will make a difference.

Also, LOL @ Hippie Lettuce btw.
07-30-2008 , 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSchaff
Those ads you mention are not our own ads. That is we are paid in full before those ads appear. So even though these ads represent an affiliate, we, meaning Two Plus Two, is not the affiliate.

Best wishes,
Mason
07-30-2008 , 03:38 PM
Great episode today, I love hearing stories from the old-timers... I was sunbathing in my garden whilst listening to this on my ipod as well

m