Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Pot is huge and I of course have second pair Pot is huge and I of course have second pair

06-17-2008 , 02:22 AM
Good full live 20 game. 3 folds and I open Q T. The loose hijack calls, the unknown but seemingly decent cutoff calls, the button is on the phone so he folds, the Laggy SB calls, and the tight passive big blind also calls. Like I said, good game. The hijack has 13 chips left (1.5 big bets + 1 chip)

5 players, 10 small bets

K T 6

Blinds both check, I bet, and everyone calls.

5 players, 7.5 big bets

K T 6 3

Blinds both check, I bet, HJ raises basically all in (1 chip left), CO folds, SB calls two cold quickly, BB folds, I call.

3 players, 13.5 big bets

K T 6 3 7

sb bets, I fold

Thoughts?
Pot is huge and I of course have second pair Quote
06-17-2008 , 06:16 AM
shouldn't the HJ have 21 chips left pf? he put in 4 chips on the flop, 16 on the turn and has 1 left over.

anyway, you should 3-bet the turn. even if HJ is beating you SB is likely on a draw and he's not calling the river so make him put in another bet now
06-17-2008 , 06:19 AM
does the hijack raise 1 chip more, or does he raise and then have 1 more chip after that? if the latter you should def 3-bet this turn.

as played river is fine.
06-17-2008 , 07:54 AM
I am all for 3-betting the turn as well. There is a lot of value in SB in this spot.

The river is a fold - no doubt.

/Mike
06-17-2008 , 12:26 PM
Yes, HJ had 21 chips, not 13...that's my bad. He raised the turn and had 1 chip behind.

I can't believe I missed the turn raise (which is why I posted the hand)....it's like a .7BB mistake.

m