Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Controversy Brewing at 10K Mixed Game WSOP Controversy Brewing at 10K Mixed Game WSOP

06-06-2008 , 02:39 AM
durrrr is kinda pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokernews
After the bubble burst, the players were to redraw for their new seating arrangements. That was all standard, but because this is a new mixed event with a new structure, it was said that at each redraw the play would begin with 2-7 triple draw.

Greg "FBT" Mueller seemed to like the idea as he liked his edge in the game and the games that followed after it. On the other side of things was Tom "durrrr" Dwan. He very strongly opposed started with triple draw every time and confronted the tournament director about it.

He went as far as saying that it was absurd to start each redraw like that and also said, "I'm going to go make a two-plus-two post about this right now. It's absurd."

After a lot of back and forth between some of the players and the tournament staff, the decision was made that when each redraw occurs a random game would be selected. The tournament direct will fan out eight cards, ace through eight, and a random player will pull a card to determine which game is to be played.

Our first game is going to be No-Limit Hold'em.
Controversy Brewing at 10K Mixed Game WSOP Quote
06-06-2008 , 02:40 AM
Brewing or settled?
06-06-2008 , 02:41 AM
Haha, my friend's the guy who reported that. I think Durr's point makes sense though, even though I don't like him complaining about it in the middle of the tournament. A better solution would have been if Durr thought about this potential issue before the tourney started and addressed it BEFORE the tournament started.
06-06-2008 , 02:43 AM
It's the second controversy of the night. The first involved whether or not the blinds should increase after the last break before the bubble was broken. I'm not there, I'm just reading the updates like most of you -- it sounds as if there was dissension amongst the players about whether the blinds should increase.

It also sounds like they're deciding on how to deal with these issues as they arise. Understandable since it's the first time they've ever had to be decided, I think.
06-06-2008 , 02:52 AM
durrrrrrrrrrowned.

go durrr.
06-06-2008 , 02:57 AM
Hansen Licking His Chops
Gus Hansen and Tom "durrrr" Dwan have met again at the same table. They are seated right next to one another, with Gus on Dwan's right.

Gus just announced to the table, "I can't wait for pot-limit Omaha," and then leaned back in his chair and began to lick his lips and nod towards Dwan. Signifying that he is going to feast on him in Omaha.

Dwan has his headphones on and didn't hear or see the action. Things should pick up real soon at this table. Both players are really aggressive and have big stacks.
06-06-2008 , 03:00 AM
pretty sure that's actually a gay signal. wide stance
06-06-2008 , 03:01 AM
I think the feeling among some of the live pros is that durrr is bad at the mixed games. On Matusow's show on Cardplayer Roland DeWolfe was going on about getting lessons from Dwan and a few other players, and Matusow interrupted with something like "For those who don't get it, those are the guys we build games around."
06-06-2008 , 03:03 AM
WAHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ;(

(my impression of durrrrr)
06-06-2008 , 03:04 AM
He comes across as a bit of a whiner here, imo. You probably shouldn't be in the event if you hate one of the games so much.
06-06-2008 , 03:07 AM
I agree with durrrr.
06-06-2008 , 03:09 AM
sounds like a ludricrous rule. happy to now those wsop guys are flexible enough to change a rigged rule mid-tourney.
06-06-2008 , 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLIIIIIIIN!
You probably shouldn't be in the event if you hate one of the games so much.
That's not a logical statement. He feels he has an edge in other games and thus would like to maximize that edge.
06-06-2008 , 03:11 AM
I didn't say this when I posted but I also agree with durrrr on this. It's stupid to start over with Triple Draw 2-7 automatically every time there's a redraw.
06-06-2008 , 03:13 AM
Quote:
Another Issue on the Floor
Amnon Filippi was involved in a hand with Sam Farha. After the flop came down, Filippi bet the pot and only had 2,500 behind. Farha just called. After the turn came, Filippi fired his last 2,500 and Farha mucked. Farha's hand hit the muck, but the table was confused why he folded to such a small bet. There was a dealer standing behind the dealer at the table waiting to push and he claimed that he saw Farha's cards. The cards were then pulled out of the muck and exposed. Amnon was furious that Farha's hand was dead and his hand should be in the muck. He thought that Farha would be allowed the chance to call now. Farha on the other hand was upset that his hand was pulled from the muck and exposed. High profile players matched with the stress and competition of the World Series of Poker can really bring out the fire in people
There goes any chance of a monster tip.
06-06-2008 , 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraddleBet
I didn't say this when I posted but I also agree with durrrr on this. It's stupid to start over with Triple Draw 2-7 automatically every time there's a redraw.
this
06-06-2008 , 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage
This is a pretty royal ****up on the dealer's part though
06-06-2008 , 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage
Now now. Jeffrey Pollack himself said that the dealers this year are "the best of the best" and they only "hired one out of every four dealers that auditioned" and I know for a fact that the dealers dealing the 10k mix are the cherry-picked asskissers who are vets on the WSOP tour.

They wouldn't **** up something so easy. No, never.
06-06-2008 , 03:26 AM
I mean durrrr is cool and all, but does he really have to act like a 10yo girl?
Maybe Pokernews overstated it, but from what I read he really seemes like he acted like a little child.

I am not debating his view. I 100% agree, as would any1.
I am just saying he handled it kind of gayishly.
06-06-2008 , 03:29 AM
We started with 2-7, then played all the HORSE games, then nl then plo.

My first table broke after one hand of nlhe. I was moved to a table playing triple draw.

Then at the end of day 1, we finished on the 6/8th hand of stud 8, meaning nlhe was next. We started day 2 with triple draw.

I got moved another time right before nlhe, but my next table was just starting stud 8 so that wasn't as bad.

All in all, I played almost 3x as many triple draw hands as nl/plo (which I played 16 hands each of).

They need to figure out a better system.
06-06-2008 , 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john voight
Maybe Pokernews overstated it, but from what I read he really seemes like he acted like a little child.

I'm sure there was more to it than what we heard and you know how poker players are -- if they can find a way to push someone's buttons and try to put them on tilt, they will. I'm sure that some button pushing happened for it to go down the way it did. You can only get so much done by being nice about it, and if he flipped the bitch switch to make his point, good for him.
06-06-2008 , 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john voight

He looks like a 10 yr. old girl.
06-06-2008 , 03:47 AM

I'm gonna go create a thread on 2+2!
06-06-2008 , 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeofreak
Haha, my friend's the guy who reported that. I think Durr's point makes sense though, even though I don't like him complaining about it in the middle of the tournament. A better solution would have been if Durr thought about this potential issue before the tourney started and addressed it BEFORE the tournament started.
cuz its durrrs job to both play and run the wsop
06-06-2008 , 03:59 AM
Talking about controversy:

Table Talk: Dwan, Hansen and Elezra

Recently overheard at Table 46:

Gus Hansen: Is Dolly still in?

Eli Elezra: No, he checked out an hour and a half ago.

Tom Dwan: Who is this?

Eli Elezra: Doyle.

m