Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Interesting Sharkscope Glitch back in Feb? (cliffnotes at bottom) Interesting Sharkscope Glitch back in Feb? (cliffnotes at bottom)

05-15-2008 , 09:10 PM
(LR,CLIFFNOTES AT BOTTOM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edg3
Is this even possible? He's been playing 6 and 10 person SNGs and won around 75 in a row!

i came across this post today and i was surprised more 2+2ers werent more suspicious of this account on cake poker, his name is upper case 'I', i sent an email to sharkscope regarding this account back in Feb. didnt get any good answers, wondering if other 2+2ers know anything about this acct:
Quote:
Date: Sat, Feb 09, 2008 12:08 pm
something very suspicious has occurred on cake poker. a player by the name of "I" has won 65 strt games since jan. he played on cake in feb, mar, and april of 07 played about 75 games and lost a little money, he came back in jan 08 and since then he hasnt lost. 40 strt HU games, 21 strt sngs and 4 mtts (30 entrants, 30, 53, 130) He has won them all!!!

Another suspicious thing is the fact that he hasnt played in 6 days, possibly the day shark scope picked up his streak and he got unwanted attention. (he is listed #1 for HU streaks-wins)

Please let me know if there is anything you can do to help prove that this is or isnt cheating. Also, please let me know if you have any more information regarding this matter. I have also contacted cake poker.
here is sharkscopes 1st reply:
Quote:
Date: Sat, February 09, 2008 1:49 pm
thanks for your email. We are still looking into it but based on looking at the results we are 99% certain this must have been caused by some bug in our system rather than someones real results. We have added some code to alert us when this player plays again so we can check manually and in the mean have removed the results from display
me again:
Quote:
Sat, Feb 09, 2008 2:31 pm
Thank you for your prompt response, at first I thought the exact same thing, this must be a glitch in sharkscopes software. However, I studied his results, especially the heads up games and the 6 man sngs and alot of his opponents were regulars. I dont see how some "bug" could create such detailed records of his victories over regular cake players.

I have received a generic email back from cake poker saying they forwarded my email to the security department. I am worried that this may be another super user acct or someone with the ability to hack into either his opponents computer or into cake's servers. My guess is he either changed his name or quit playing once he realized that shark scope picked up his activity and gave him a star! (within days of receiving the star, he stopped playing) He realized that shark scope had exposed him.

Just curious, but why are you 99% certain this is a bug? Simply because the results are so unbeleivable or because of some additional evidence that you have come across?
sharkscope's 2nd response:
Quote:
we don't see any other examples of 1 character usernames on the cake network, so we do not believe it is possible to have such a username, hence its most likely a bug in our system. Bugs in our tracking system are extremely rare but still thousands of times more likely than a player cheating in such a way at low stake sngs in our opinion.

best wishes
me again:
Quote:
Thank you for looking into this matter, I found a few other 1 character usernames and according to cake network over 90% of the single letter names are "currently in use". However, you only have tracking data for four of them (A,i,Y,6).

I see that you removed all of i's 2008 stats, does this mean you are 100% sure this was just a bug or did u just remove his stats pending an investigation.

The reason i am so confused is i looked at the actual data and his opponents data and it matched. were these games simply fabricated out of thin air?

Still waiting to hear from cake
This was the last i heard on the issue, even though sharkscopes explanation and investigation seemed very weak I let it go. I felt sharkscope had all the necessary info to prove if it was a super user and absolutely no reason to cover it up, so must have been a glitch.

here is the email i sent to cake, received a generic message that said they forwarded it to the security department, like usual the security department did not respond to me.

i use sharkscope alot and have caught 4 colluders on cake already. both times i was refunded my money and the player names never played again on cake, however the security department refused to answer a single question
Quote:
Please forward this to the security department.

poker player with the name "i" or "I" has won 21 straight sngs(6 or 10 handed), he has also won 40 strt HU games, and he has also won 4 strt mtt games with entrants of 30,30, 130 and 53. His first 75 games were break even profit. So, to recap since jan 08 he has won his last 65 tourneys, the longest sng win streak that shark scope has ever tracked was 9 wins, his last 25 tourneys with 6 plus entrants he has won them all.

please let me know what methods do you have to ensure that he cant see his opponents hole cards. and what methods you have to prevent cheating in general.
--------------------------------------------------

CLIFFNOTES:
1. an acct with 40 strt HU wins on the cake network shows up on one of sharkscope's leaderboards. his name is "I" he arrives in 1st place, you have to be reccommended and i assumed no one reccomended him until he got to 40 wins.

2. i investigate stats: in feb mar apr 2007 he has 75 games of normal stats, lost a few bucks, then in jan 08 he starts playing again and rattles off 65 strt wins (40HU, 21sng, 4mtt)

3. i email sharkscope and cake poker

4. cake poker sends generic reply and forwards to security dept. i never hear anything more from either dept on the issue.

5. sharkscope responds within 1.5 hrs and says we are 99% certain it must be a glitch in our software and not a real person's statitistics, they dont say why they are so certain. they also say they have added some code to alert them if the player plays again, just in case he is real. we have also removed the results from display (they erased everything from jan 08 forward)

6. i ask how a glitch could create data like this, with regulars as his opponents and if they have any evidence at all that this was a glitch?

7. sharkscope's 2nd and only other reply basically said they were pretty sure it was a glitch because its impossible for someone to win that many in a row and they dont think its possible to have 1 character names (which is incorrect)

8. i hear nothing else, i decide that sharkscope must know what they are talking about.

Did anyone else investigate this matter? any other info?

Last edited by NoLimitLeagues; 05-15-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Interesting Sharkscope Glitch back in Feb? (cliffnotes at bottom) Quote
05-15-2008 , 09:31 PM
05-15-2008 , 09:58 PM
glitch in the system imo
05-15-2008 , 10:07 PM
must have won a couple of coin flips. standard stuff (jk), but it's gotta be some sort of glitch. If someone had some god mode and only played 75 games in 3 months they are a mental midget
05-15-2008 , 10:16 PM
paging grissom for further investigation.....
05-15-2008 , 10:54 PM
yeah it definitely wasnt a super user acct designed to steal a ton of money like the AP/UB super users. the acct only made $3500 over the 20 some days from early jan to feb 3rd.

the weirdest part is this:

i looked up the opponents and they were real players (regulars for the most part) and i cross referenced the data and the tourneys actually existed in each of their histories. i even used filters to check out the histories for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place finishers of the 130 person mtt and the tourney was in each of their histories with the same results. thats a weird glitch.
05-16-2008 , 05:46 AM
What is the point of this thread? I mean, its weird, but if i made a thread for everything weird i see in the world that is vaguely poker related id be making threads all day long.

It was a glitch in the system, what more do you need to know?
05-16-2008 , 07:20 AM
Quote:
It was a glitch in the system, what more do you need to know?
he probably wants to know that this isnt the same kind of "glitch" that happened with AP & UB. sharkscope also acted quite strange according to the OP.

the OP also explains what more he needs to know:
Quote:
6. i ask how a glitch could create data like this, with regulars as his opponents and if they have any evidence at all that this was a glitch?
Did anyone else investigate this matter? any other info?
05-16-2008 , 07:30 AM
I think the sharkscope explanation is most probably true, and that user doesn't even exist.
05-16-2008 , 07:34 AM
Quote:
I think the sharkscope explanation is most probably true, and that user doesn't even exist.
->
Quote:
7. sharkscope's 2nd and only other reply basically said they were pretty sure it was a glitch because its impossible for someone to win that many in a row and they dont think its possible to have 1 character names (which is incorrect)
05-16-2008 , 07:42 AM
It's either superuser or a glitch. Obviously it's in their interest to say glitch but I really have no clue.
05-16-2008 , 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OreosAndMilk
It's either superuser or a glitch. Obviously it's in their interest to say glitch but I really have no clue.
Or someone got really lucky. But that never happens.
05-16-2008 , 09:37 AM
Check the player Tatta...I have played him reg and his scope went str8 up last year
05-16-2008 , 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneElse
Are you stupid? 40 HU wins in a row. Please read the OP.
05-16-2008 , 09:50 AM
Whats the sng coverage like on cake? Assuming the coverage is crap could it be someone that only emails sharkscope with the tournaments he wins?
05-16-2008 , 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneElse
You can see how hot ppl run in the PS SnG promotion. It's pretty sick, but not nearly that sick.
05-16-2008 , 11:46 AM
Quote:
Wait, what? Why is it in their interest to say glitch? How is them admitting there's an error in their software better than saying that something suspicious is going on?

And this is most likely a glitch, anybody who has any experience with scripting/databases will have seen something similar to this many a time.
05-16-2008 , 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotQuads
You can see how hot ppl run in the PS SnG promotion. It's pretty sick, but not nearly that sick.
Like what kind of streaks?
05-16-2008 , 11:56 AM
Hmmm 40 straight hu wins sounds like no big deal to me lol
05-16-2008 , 11:58 AM
why the hell do people put money on cake?
05-16-2008 , 12:07 PM
Quote:
perhaps it's the law of attraction.
05-16-2008 , 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks
Wait, what? Why is it in their interest to say glitch? How is them admitting there's an error in their software better than saying that something suspicious is going on?

And this is most likely a glitch, anybody who has any experience with scripting/databases will have seen something similar to this many a time.
Lets see, a glitch or what happened to AP because of graycat/p0tripper. Its an easy choice.
05-16-2008 , 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Warbucks
Like what kind of streaks?
Seems that 8 wins in a row is the maximum for multiplayer games. As for the leaderboard, I guess it's about 8-10 wins, not necessarily consecutively, plus some 2nd/3rd ftw.
05-16-2008 , 01:01 PM
I found another weird user, F13f (Ongame)

His graph is simply a straight line.

The limits he plays, don't make any sense at all (check RECENT RESULTS)

He has 65 consecutive wins.

Last edited by GotQuads; 05-16-2008 at 01:07 PM.
05-16-2008 , 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotQuads
I found another weird user, F13f (Ongame)

His graph is simply a straight line.

The limits he plays, don't make any sense at all (check RECENT RESULTS)

He has 65 consecutive wins.
woah

m