Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
UB Bad Beat Jackpot rigged ? ? UB Bad Beat Jackpot rigged ? ?

05-07-2008 , 12:26 AM
I started playing poker around 4 months ago and somehow I ended up playing at Ultimate Bet. Thinking that the bad beat jackpots looked like a interesting idea I begin to play at these tables always. Roughly one month ago I took a bad beat from a player by the name of dhc2lovr so I leave to cool off and he hits the jackpot the next hand.. No big deal I think was just his lucky day.. Well today I log in and see the jackpot was hit so I click the link to see if it was at the limit that I play and what do I see... dhc2lovr had hit the jackpot AGAIN.. All I want right now is to get the money that I have won off of this site and try again at another site but they have made it so hard to get the money I don't know what to do. Any thoughts on the odds one player hitting the jackpot that soon after hitting it the last time ? The first hit was 175k, the second was 145k so needless to say it would be worth it to anyone to cheat this system. I don't believe one person can be that lucky.
05-07-2008 , 12:38 AM
is this true? if so, wow that is amazing!
05-07-2008 , 12:41 AM
his trick is to try to get every quads of queens and better to showdown against a better hand without scaring them off.
05-07-2008 , 12:42 AM
what level were you playing this guy at when he hit the first time? Regardless this is a ridiculous "coincindence" ... I will not play AP/UB period.
05-07-2008 , 12:48 AM
The first time he hit I believe it was .50/$1 limit. I have since started playing no-limit so I don't really expect that I will ever win it since it's a lot more likely that it would hit on a limit table. None the less though this guy has LOST two hands with quad 8's or better in the last month or less while no other player at the site has.
05-07-2008 , 12:53 AM
I see in the title UB and rigged and my jaw just drops to the floor....
05-07-2008 , 12:57 AM
i would ask the question how could they be so dumb to use the same username twice, but then i remembered who we were dealing with. (half joking) could be an amazing coincidence, maybe the guy 20 tables 8 hours a day at only bad beat jackpot tables.

do you have a link that shows this info?
05-07-2008 , 01:15 AM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=164139
That's a link to the strange situation about the last win

http://www.ultimatebet.com/poker-pro...d-beat-jackpot
Link confirms that he won today.
05-07-2008 , 01:44 AM
don't be the idiot that plays on these sites.
don't be that guy

Unfortunately, for U.S. players, we need to wait for some type of regulation. There is none currently, and what do you think these off-shore sites do in that type of environment? They're honest right? They would never, ever cheat you.
05-07-2008 , 01:46 AM
wow! wow! wow! no mention by them at all that it was a his 2nd win.

____whocares___ can you email them and get them to confirm in writing a list of past bbj winners or have them give you a link. does anyone know if this list is available online?

"Congratulations to the latest Bad Beat Jackpot winner dhc2lovr who hit on Tuesday, March 25 02:48:00 EDT at the table Tomnolen to the tune of $171498.31! "

this was posted by kevmath with a link, the link now goes to the most recent winner only, who just happens to be dhc2lovr again.

"if you click on the jackpot counter it shows the last 6 jackpots and there is no mention of one on 3-24"

this was posted on 2+2 on 3/26 , very fishy.
05-07-2008 , 02:15 AM
this is straight fkn BS.. UB is done for.. How could they be so stupid to let this one slip..

OH WAIT..

THEY ENDORSE PHIL HELLMUTH.
05-07-2008 , 02:23 AM
wow thats ****ed up
05-07-2008 , 02:26 AM
OBV sit at every table dhc2lovr is at.
05-07-2008 , 02:27 AM
does nat know about this?
05-07-2008 , 02:40 AM
I feel much better knowing I wasn't being ultra paranoid as the other players at the site thought I was acting. I just have to figure out how to get my money out of that site now.. seems the only available option now is a check.
05-07-2008 , 02:40 AM
Unreal, I would've bet a lot of $$ it was rigged before this came up...lets just say I'm all in for everything now.
05-07-2008 , 02:52 AM
This is taken from the Full Contact Poker forum in relation to the first time he hit the jackpot when there was so much heat over the missing money from the pot...

"HighwayStar
Tuesday, March 25th, 2008, 4:19 AM
Assuming both sets of hole cards get involved all the way, odds of quads over quads 7's is 1/1875538 (apparently)
Straight flushes etc are more unlikely and probably more unlikely you play the cards to start with, all the way to the river
ie
pocket 8's is more likely to be played than 37 suited

So overall about 1 in 2 mill / hand considering cards played etc.

Pretty amazing it hit twice in 1 (day

(1/2000000)^2 = (1/4000000000000)

That's for losing with quad 7's or better

edit - considering BOTH hole cards have to qualify, odds of straight flush over straight flush are so small as to be irrelevant even to the slim chance of quads on quads.
might have a go at working this out later after some sleep"
05-07-2008 , 03:00 AM
if its UB its probably rigged
05-07-2008 , 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ___whocares___
This is taken from the Full Contact Poker forum in relation to the first time he hit the jackpot when there was so much heat over the missing money from the pot...

"HighwayStar
Tuesday, March 25th, 2008, 4:19 AM
Assuming both sets of hole cards get involved all the way, odds of quads over quads 7's is 1/1875538 (apparently)
Straight flushes etc are more unlikely and probably more unlikely you play the cards to start with, all the way to the river
ie
pocket 8's is more likely to be played than 37 suited

So overall about 1 in 2 mill / hand considering cards played etc.

Pretty amazing it hit twice in 1 (day

(1/2000000)^2 = (1/4000000000000)

That's for losing with quad 7's or better

edit - considering BOTH hole cards have to qualify, odds of straight flush over straight flush are so small as to be irrelevant even to the slim chance of quads on quads.
might have a go at working this out later after some sleep"
x that by the SAME player hitting it
05-07-2008 , 03:31 AM
well if anybody cares to look back right about the time the sht hit the fan on AP about superusers and the story briefly making it on the front of yahoo the jackpot was indeed hit to overshadow some of the stuff. It also was hit again when there was some more bad publicity stuff being leaked about past AP/UB WSOP activities, selling popcorn for charity and keeping the proceeds, raffling a car lease rigged so that friend of an employee won it etc.

I think one of the users here actually won it or had a share, but the timing makes me think it could definitely be manipulated
05-07-2008 , 03:39 AM
why do people still play on this site?
05-07-2008 , 03:43 AM
in all seriousness, should I be getting my roll out of UB? I am very hazy on what's been going on (I'm up to speed on the AP stuff) with UB and I ran a $10 gift certificate up to over $500 and i'm wondering if I should just take it and put it elsewhere. Thoughts?
05-07-2008 , 03:50 AM
Why not play at FTP?
Better software (IMO) and more traffic

I never understood why ppl play on UB post 2006
05-07-2008 , 03:50 AM
i cant get my own money onto FTP anymore but that's where i've played 99% of the time.
05-07-2008 , 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTth
in all seriousness, should I be getting my roll out of UB? I am very hazy on what's been going on (I'm up to speed on the AP stuff) with UB and I ran a $10 gift certificate up to over $500 and i'm wondering if I should just take it and put it elsewhere. Thoughts?

m