Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
HU Sng Book - Collin Moshman HU Sng Book - Collin Moshman

05-06-2008 , 10:22 AM
I read in the archive that a Hu sng book was going to be released by Collin Moshman in spring 2008. does anyone know if this book still going to be released? if so when?

and also are you at all worried that there will be increased competition resulting in a lower winrate for yourself?
HU Sng Book - Collin Moshman Quote
05-06-2008 , 10:24 AM
have you played a hu sng before?

the players are the ******ed subclass of the world's portion of the ******ed population (115s and lower). i seriously doubt that they can even read.
05-06-2008 , 10:41 AM
i would be really interested to see this book. if it is an abc "how to", then i am not scared of it improving other players, but if it gets into the maths i will be first in line to buy it!
05-06-2008 , 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosnec
the players are the ******ed subclass of the world's portion of the ******ed population (115s and lower). i seriously doubt that they can even read.
Thank you, I love you too.
05-06-2008 , 01:26 PM
oops i think my post might be read the wrong way

i meant the average hu sng player is ******ed, not the 2+2ers in the HU forum
05-06-2008 , 03:34 PM
Should be out in < 2 months.

Did his excellent STT book change the competition in the lower level STTs? If you can figure that out you can probably make some assumptions.
05-06-2008 , 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRy
Should be out in < 2 months.

Did his excellent STT book change the competition in the lower level STTs? If you can figure that out you can probably make some assumptions.
answers both of my questions thanks
05-06-2008 , 05:38 PM
I just hope he doesn't convince them to stop making it 12x preflop.
05-06-2008 , 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosnec
oops i think my post might be read the wrong way

i meant the average hu sng player is ******ed, not the 2+2ers in the HU forum
Some of us are ******ed...

I get called it in the chat box all the time... or at least that's what I think ****** means.
05-07-2008 , 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hince
Some of us are ******ed...

I get called it in the chat box all the time... or at least that's what I think ****** means.

I don't play that much, but I remember nobody talking to me in chat for like a few weeks, then all of a sudden, 3 different people call me a "donkey" or some variation within the course of a few days. But nothing since then, so I'm not sure what that means.
05-10-2008 , 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theseus51
I don't play that much, but I remember nobody talking to me in chat for like a few weeks, then all of a sudden, 3 different people call me a "donkey" or some variation within the course of a few days. But nothing since then, so I'm not sure what that means.
maybe that means you were a donkey, but just for a moment!
05-10-2008 , 08:18 AM
yea tho--any word on when the books coming out?
06-26-2008 , 07:42 PM
does anyone know if there is a release date yet?
06-26-2008 , 09:23 PM
I watched some of his videos over at Stox poker.. ehh they were alright. Might have been better if the guy didn't sound like Herman Munster. Didn't really teach anything other then common sense in certain situations. Not really impressed.
06-26-2008 , 09:37 PM
honestly, playing without common sense (fancy play syndrome) is a big leak for me. if he could teach me to play boring, solid poker every hand i'd be really impressed
06-27-2008 , 10:48 AM
Yea, husngs are really about basic common sense up until the high stakes anyways, I mean we can kid ourselves and pretend it takes a certain intellect and arsenal of sophisticated plays, but it really doesn't vs most of the players we play. Once you learn some of the more effective fundamentals of the game, things like tilt control, bankroll management and focus/discipline play a much bigger factor in your ROI.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty myself and most everyone else need to learn strategically still, but there's enough information on this forum alone to become a pretty solid winner in high stakes husngs if you have a great mentality and practice good discipline.
07-01-2008 , 03:07 PM
Bump! Any updates on the release date?
07-01-2008 , 05:56 PM
Honestly, please take your time with this book, I'd rather see it talk advance concepts like how to exploit *very specific* and common HU leaks. Rather than teaching the noobs basics that will make it harder for the regulars. Talk about bet sizing and flop textures and the works, that would make for a good book. If it just says raise K8++ 3.5xbb it will do nothing but make the noobs harder to beat oop.
07-01-2008 , 07:39 PM
FWIW this book hitting the market would be an incredible thing for regulars. I really hope it gets published. Pretty much anything it says would be beneficial to HS players at the end of the chain.
07-09-2008 , 10:44 AM
Any update to this book? I can't wait to be beating the 6s.
07-13-2008 , 06:18 AM
As per Collin's post on Stox, it's scheduled for release in early August.
07-13-2008 , 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trankuility
As per Collin's post on Stox, it's scheduled for release in early August.
Good to hear, can't wait to give it a read.
07-13-2008 , 03:36 PM
i should be done with both harrington cash game books by then good timing!
07-13-2008 , 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana
i should be done with both harrington cash game books by then good timing!
Probably the reason for the delay.
07-13-2008 , 07:52 PM
i heard colin is a huge tool

true story?

m