Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er  L2 QQ vs 2+2'er

04-14-2008 , 05:39 PM
villian and i know each other pretty well... with that said, we each sorta mix different buyins and usually just have a couple of tables vs each other, and i can't really ever remember us getting it in vs each other postflop L1/L2.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 (t1395)
CO (t1775)
Button (t1690)
SB (t1435)
BB (t1510)
Hero (t1470)
UTG+1 (t2605)
MP1 (t1620)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q.
Hero raises to t90, 2 folds, MP2 calls t90, 4 folds.

Flop: (t225) 4, 6, 5 (2 players)
Hero bets t150, MP2 raises to t450, Hero??
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little John
villian and i know each other pretty well...
what is his preflop cold calling range? this would help like... a lot
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:48 PM
for me this would be entirely dependant on who villain was.

I don't like the set up to flat call w/ aa or kk. So I would assume calling range is 22-JJ.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:48 PM
I would imagine he just flats flop w/ like 88-JJ, maybe raises w/ 77 b/c of 10 outer/also he can get u off better hands probably. You think he is set mining even for 90? I think we can find a fold here imo w/ a strong read.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrasstoil
what is his preflop cold calling range? this would help like... a lot
i have no specific read other than he is 2+2 and he knows me well. also, he is a pretty big winner at the 60's, one of the few really good regulars imo.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:52 PM
its prob a fold, his range is gonna be really strong vs you.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:53 PM
Wow that's a strong line. I can't see putting any more chips in.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vers
You think he is set mining even for 90? .
definately. There are 4 players to go and donks/fish call a ton of hands for 90 chips especially when they have "odds" bb almost always calls.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little John
i have no specific read other than he is 2+2 and he knows me well. also, he is a pretty big winner at the 60's, one of the few really good regulars imo.
Hmm who still plays the 60s that would be considered like this, a mystery for me to solve imo, rooby rooby roo.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleath
Hmm who still plays the 60s that would be considered like this, a mystery for me to solve imo, rooby rooby roo.
must be the guy who has "betting skillz"

ok Ill let that one go now getting old.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pifhluk
must be the guy who has "betting skillz"

ok Ill let that one go now getting old.
lol the line is getting old but the thought of that guy makes me smile on the inside everytime, he was hilarious on the whole.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:02 PM
if you are folding this, he can profitably do this with anything he called you preflop with (assuming your preflop range is AK, TT+ and you cbet all those hands). Wheter he actually does this or not is just guessing imo.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:08 PM
yeah i really hate the idea of folding QQ as an overpair on a fairly safe-ish board. i figure for every time i make a good laydown, i'll make a couple bad ones.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staafy
if you are folding this, he can profitably do this with anything he called you preflop with (assuming your preflop range is AK, TT+ and you cbet all those hands). Wheter he actually does this or not is just guessing imo.
sigh everyone ALWAYS says this and its rather irrelevant, yes in this situation Johns range SHOULD cause villain to raise more which should cause john to call more and etc until an equilibrium is reached, but in reality its not happening. Johns range here is a ton of overpairs and pure bluffing vs an overpair is just something someone playing a ton of tables ARE NOT going to do, wether they theoretically should or not. You will be beat a huge % of the time here.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutCam
yeah i really hate the idea of folding QQ as an overpair on a fairly safe-ish board. i figure for every time i make a good laydown, i'll make a couple bad ones.
This is a terrible board.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:11 PM
Quote:
True, but its pretty rare that someone plays back at you that hard with total crap. Sure, I see it a lot on QQx boards bvb, but at the very least he's got a oesd here most of the time. I think its kinda like when someone shoves a 2 flush board. Sometimes you're crushed, and sometimes they have outs to beat you. Its okay to fold the best hand sometimes.

[edit] just realized that this board was 2 flush as well. Put AKs in his range as well. That still makes this a fold, i think.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:20 PM
Staafy -That's a lot to assume (that we'd raise TT, c-bet AK, Fold QQ.) I don't think we need to worry about villain exploiting us here. He knows we have an overpair a lot of the time and getting people off their overpairs, 2p2er or no, is a losing battle in SNGs. He's not messing around.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kleath
This is a terrible board.
sure he could have lots of draws, but we're fairly happy to get it in with him drawing. he wasn't playing any of the made straights. imo a truly terrible board would include an A or K for his AK, or have three suited, or some more feasible made straight possibility. or maybe even a J/T/9/8 which might have been somewhat more likely flatcall possibilities for a pocket pair. i'm pretty skeptical about a really good $60er setmining a low pocket pair against an UTG 3x raise from a respected villain, i don't see that happen very often.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austiger
Staafy -That's a lot to assume (that we'd raise TT, c-bet AK, Fold QQ.) I don't think we need to worry about villain exploiting us here. He knows we have an overpair a lot of the time and getting people off their overpairs, 2p2er or no, is a losing battle in SNGs. He's not messing around.
You are putting him on a set then? I can't see him playing KK/AA this way.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 06:53 PM

This is my contribution to this thread.

And this one:

Last edited by jurrasstoil; 04-14-2008 at 07:01 PM.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 07:15 PM
Quote:
You are putting him on a set then? I can't see him playing KK/AA this way.
Why not?

I think there is a lot of metagame in a hand like this.

Hero's range is polarized to JJ+/AK, board is scary because if villain did not hit his set best case scenario he is on a draw which can easily semibluff.

Also, given the history between the two players he could flat pre AA/KK hoping for a board like this.

To whoever says that villain is not calling 90 preflop with a PP, that's insane given hero's range and this hand shows how profitable is the play, villain can win hitting a set or bluffing a set plus if hero has AK he would be already ahead.

vs unknown this would be an easy shove, vs a 2+2er I would shove and whatever outcome I'll take a lot of notes.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrasstoil
[IMG]

And this one:
This is freaking scary...
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisgallo
Why not?

To whoever says that villain is not calling 90 preflop with a PP, that's insane given hero's range and this hand shows how profitable is the play, villain can win hitting a set or bluffing a set plus if hero has AK he would be already ahead.
I was just thinking the exact oposite. Villain called 90, hit his set, and only won 150 more. And calling with pps in order to bluff raise the flop when you miss seems kinda crazy.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutCam
sure he could have lots of draws, but we're fairly happy to get it in with him drawing. he wasn't playing any of the made straights. imo a truly terrible board would include an A or K for his AK, or have three suited, or some more feasible made straight possibility. or maybe even a J/T/9/8 which might have been somewhat more likely flatcall possibilities for a pocket pair. i'm pretty skeptical about a really good $60er setmining a low pocket pair against an UTG 3x raise from a respected villain, i don't see that happen very often.
Dude, that would seem to be the perfect spot to setmine. Luis has a big pair or AK. If you hit your set, you are going to make monies from him because, look, here you are happy to get it in. That's kind of what makes it worthwhile setmining!
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote
04-14-2008 , 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisgallo
vs unknown this would be an easy shove, vs a 2+2er I would shove and whatever outcome I'll take a lot of notes.
I like.

And to some the "**** bricks"-picture seems scarier for some reason

Just because i can't rule out 77-JJ, I can't find a fold here.
 L2 QQ vs 2+2'er Quote

m