Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Ace high is the new middle pair. Ace high is the new middle pair.

03-27-2008 , 11:44 PM
Villain is like 18/13/1 after 100 hands or so. No notes.
Poker Stars $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 9 players
2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked

Pre Flop: Hero is BB with A Q
UTG raises, 7 folds, Hero calls

Flop: (4.4 SB) 4 7 6 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets, Hero calls

Turn: (3.2 BB) 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (3.2 BB) 2 (2 players)
Hero bets,
Ace high is the new middle pair. Quote
03-28-2008 , 12:41 AM
looks good to me.
An option that might be slightly better is CC (NOT CF EVER) because I refuse to accept that villain has a pair and I think it's likely enough that he bets a worse nonpair hand than yours for you to call. The cool thing about cc is that he will often give you a free showdown when he does have AK

Last edited by SNOWBALL; 03-28-2008 at 12:46 AM.
03-28-2008 , 12:50 AM
Snowball you are on my ignore list. I'll just assume you made a very douchey post with incorrect advice.
03-28-2008 , 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyStrategy
Snowball you are on my ignore list. I'll just assume you made a very douchey post with incorrect advice.
Yeah this is exactly the kind of thing we need more of in this forum.
03-28-2008 , 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWBALL
Yeah this is exactly the kind of thing we need more of in this forum.
Especially from a mediocre player. There are enough bad players who speak authoritatively in this forum. Another such voice is not needed.
03-28-2008 , 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerBob
Especially from a mediocre player. There are enough bad players who speak authoritatively in this forum. Another such voice is not needed.
MF'ING SNAP YA'LL
03-28-2008 , 01:40 AM
Pot calling the kettle black?

You guys just go in to threads and say one word answers or something like "this is the stupidest post I've ever read."

It's utterly hypocritical to say that my attitude sheds the forum in a bad light.
03-28-2008 , 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerBob

right on, lets draw up a list of who can post in this forum and who cant. i still havent beaten 20/40 yet so i'm sure i'm out.

lets see, pbob, joker, nate, dd, entity, joe tall, cdc, jkam, beale, pope, snowball, tommy, hobbs, ben, mike. did i forget anyone
03-28-2008 , 01:50 AM
kit, GoT among others...
03-28-2008 , 02:10 AM
So it's unanimous that this is a good valuebet.
03-28-2008 , 03:53 AM
im not on the list, ****
03-28-2008 , 05:29 AM
There is no list. Come on guys everyone can post, and everyone should post. But if you say something that's dumb, a lot of the more prickly types on this forum (read: PBob, etc.) are going to call you out on it.

SS, don't turn back into tom1412748174582091 and start flaming everyone again. And since you missed it, Snowball has written probably the largest raw number of content-heavy strat posts in the last two months, even answering the dumb/boring threads.

I wish more of you lurkers (you know who you are, and I know who some of you are because I talk to you live and ask why you never post) would start speaking up and add to the discussion. It's how we all get better.

As to this hand, SS -- I think you played it fine and the river is a good value bet if he's the type to pay off any A-high.
03-28-2008 , 04:44 PM
Better than C/C, so yeah nh.
03-28-2008 , 04:49 PM
i also like a bet, because villain will almost never bluff here. he will pay you off with any ace (and sometimes worse) and you are usually losing 1 bet to any pair either way. he has a worse ace way more often than AK.
03-28-2008 , 06:13 PM
I like the hand, but I'm not qualified to post
03-28-2008 , 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse8888
I like the hand, but I'm not qualified to post
maybe we should have auditions? submit resume to pokerbob
03-28-2008 , 06:41 PM
Betting here comes down to (Probability of him having a worse A) > (Probability that he bets K high or worse if checked to). He doesn't seem like he's nearly aggressive enough to bet air when checked to, and he's always calling A high on the river I'd say. So the bet looks good to me.
03-28-2008 , 07:05 PM
What kind of hands is villain checking the turn with here? And what range is he opening with in a full game, ep.? What hands can he have here that you can v-bet? AJ? What else? To me, his turn check smells fishy to me, I'd expect to see AJd, KQd, AK take that line, while he'd stab at the turn with other hands that you beat. Alternatively, he may bet these hands for you on the river. I c-call here.
03-28-2008 , 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMB
What kind of hands is villain checking the turn with here? And what range is he opening with in a full game, ep.? What hands can he have here that you can v-bet? AJ? What else? To me, his turn check smells fishy to me, I'd expect to see AJd, KQd, AK take that line, while he'd stab at the turn with other hands that you beat. Alternatively, he may bet these hands for you on the river. I c-call here.
A big part of his range has to include KQ, KQs, AJ, AJs, ATs, maybe down to KJs. You know that if he's got AdJd, when we bet, he raises, we fold. We're not calling, lol. So bet-fold and check-call are going to cost you the same. Cept one is getting some thin value.
03-28-2008 , 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki
A big part of his range has to include KQ, KQs, AJ, AJs, ATs, maybe down to KJs. You know that if he's got AdJd, when we bet, he raises, we fold. We're not calling, lol. So bet-fold and check-call are going to cost you the same. Cept one is getting some thin value.
Is he calling with K high? If so, I'll v-bet all day.
03-28-2008 , 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMB
Is he calling with K high? If so, I'll v-bet all day.
No I'd expect he'd never call with K high. I think a lot of the debate revolved around him bluffing K high if checked to. I think only OP really knows that.
03-28-2008 , 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafiki
No I'd expect he'd never call with K high. I think a lot of the debate revolved around him bluffing K high if checked to. I think only OP really knows that.
Right, thats why I c-call here. I just can't see many hands that he'd call our river bet with that we beat.
03-28-2008 , 07:48 PM
for some reason i thought he was on the button - which, IMO would make for an easy value bet. him being UTG makes it way closer (because villain holding Ax goes from very likely to pretty unlikely)- but i still think it might barely be a good spot to bet.

it's not true that he'll never call with K high. some of hero's range is straight draws. he will probably usually fold Khigh, but he will call some % of the time. and though he will call with AK the vast majority of the time, he may fold it some small % of the time (which he would never do if he were on the button, because your flop call would show much less strength when hes OTB)

Last edited by willie24; 03-28-2008 at 07:59 PM.
03-28-2008 , 08:04 PM
I think if you bet it is a value-bluff with a heavy emphasis towards the bluff end. This board nails your bb range so I dont think you get looked up with A high as much as you think. The fact that he is an 18/11 makes me think that AK/AQ are more likely than AJ, AT. I like this bet but not as a pure value play.
03-28-2008 , 08:46 PM
weighted towards the bluff end would imply that villain is ever folding anything here that beats us.

m