Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Cash to SNG's Cash to SNG's

03-21-2008 , 06:48 AM
Hey guys.
I'm 6max cash player looking for a bit of change. Reading FAQ and few pages of HH i'm really confused. You all are a bunch of nits
Kidding, but plays here are so much weaker than in cash. I dont mean to put you down, just trying to understand logic behind the plays.
On front page there is HH with 3 limpers and hero with KQs on the btn. He raised 5bb (25 50 blinds)and all the replies were that he should limp instead.

So the secret to winning is set mine pf, or catch a straight flush when blinds are low, then push with any A when blinds are bigger?

Its just funny that same game plays so differently.

Oh yeah, there's a thread for limit to no limit guys. Is there anythings for cash to sng's or vice versa?
Cash to SNG's Quote
03-21-2008 , 07:17 AM
Understand what ICM is, then you get your answer for nittieness... :-)
Cash to SNG's Quote
03-21-2008 , 08:19 AM
It's all to do with the payout structure of 1-table SNGs. There is a big big big jump between 4th and 3rd then it's relatively flat thereafter. This means that "textbook" SNG strategy is to play super duper tight early but preserve your chips for push/fold spots when blinds are big/stacks are shallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmonRaa
Oh yeah, there's a thread for limit to no limit guys. Is there anythings for cash to sng's or vice versa?
I think that the traffic is more SNGs to cash rather than cash to SNGs
Cash to SNG's Quote
03-21-2008 , 09:02 AM
Quote:
You all are a bunch of nits
Nit happens!
Cash to SNG's Quote
03-21-2008 , 09:12 AM
Quote:
Hey guys.
I'm 6max cash player looking for a bit of change. Reading FAQ and few pages of HH i'm really confused. You all are a bunch of nits
We play to win money, not chips. In cash games those are the same things, but in SnGs, they're not. Bubble play is the most obvious example.
Cash to SNG's Quote
03-21-2008 , 09:50 AM
STT play is much different than cash, as it is more about surviving to cash than padding your stack. Aces increase in value as the blinds go up, and calling one hand could be the difference between winning it all and winning zero. In STT's, you can't go into your pocket to buy more chips, so the overall play is tighter.
Cash to SNG's Quote
03-21-2008 , 10:06 AM
Quote:
Hey guys.
Kidding, but plays here are so much weaker than in cash. I dont mean to put you down, just trying to understand logic behind the plays.
No the plays here aren't weaker, they are tailored toward a top 3 out of 9 pay out structure.

Quote:
On front page there is HH with 3 limpers and hero with KQs on the btn. He raised 5bb (25 50 blinds)and all the replies were that he should limp instead.
Once you learn ICM you'll understand why this makes sense.

Quote:
So the secret to winning is set mine pf, or catch a straight flush when blinds are low, then push with any A when blinds are bigger?
Tight early, agressive late is the basics.

Quote:
Its just funny that same game plays so differently.
That's like calling full court basketball and HORSE the same game because one of the goals during the game is to put the ball in the hoop. There may be a lot of the same rules but there is a world of difference in playing styles.
Cash to SNG's Quote
03-22-2008 , 05:49 AM
Dude, now I know why I'm so **** at HORSE. I'm not doing the hoop thing at all.
Cash to SNG's Quote

m