Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
AAxx AAxx

03-10-2008 , 05:45 AM
Play them well, make some moolah (part brag, part cue for discussion)

AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazz
Play them well, make some moolah (part brag, part cue for discussion)

Interesting. I thouht AAxx would not be such a big favorite over other hands. How did you manage to get such a big gap between AAxx and the rest?

Any nice first line... what limits?
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 06:20 AM
$1/2, $2/4 and $5/5 in approx 4:12:1 ratio.
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 06:35 AM
Over 100,000 hands AAxx constitutes 75% of my PLO winnings.
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli1980
Interesting. I thouht AAxx would not be such a big favorite over other hands. How did you manage to get such a big gap between AAxx and the rest?
I play them better than other people! And get dealt them more often than any other pocket pair.
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 08:42 AM
How do you get PokerTracker to display all your AAxx hands?
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 09:29 AM
go to general info, then about halfway down left centre it says categories, click on that

then press maintain categories then click add and then enter AA in both boxes etc and it then puts those hands in

also i win .48% more of the time with Aces than wazz therefore, vis a vis, accordingly, i am better than wazz. also i dont lose with 88, therefore i is so much better
22 is killing me though
never knew about this so was just having fun trying it out
also down with AAJT and QJT has been rather nice (this is so much fun, thx wazz for bringing it to my attention
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazz
I play them better than other people! And get dealt them more often than any other pocket pair.
Obviously you play them better than most, very interested in what your theory is on how you play them. I know you're looking for feedback but i would like you to expand on what you think. Because, well you're better than me at playing them
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 12:59 PM
don't play 88xx anymore either IMO
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 03:20 PM
how do we know they are not red since u have the cursor on them?

anyway i have won more with AAxx than any other hand too, way more.

guess lyle berman were deadwrong. but maybe true for superfishes in very deep games.
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 03:39 PM
maybe u win the most moeny with AAxx, cuz its the best hand ldo !?

although the playability sux sometimes, i actually dont see any reason why these stats are not as they are
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 08:21 PM
I suspect highly that the only way you can be that sucessful with AAxx is in 6 max.
AAxx Quote
03-10-2008 , 08:48 PM
if you take into account the fact I have run pretty terribly the last 3 weeks and have only made $2500 at 1/2.......then the numbers I have are almost on parr with wazz. I've made $1155 after 220 hands of AAxx and $1286 from KKxx after 212. This is from a sample of 8000 hands so I figure if I multiply the numbers by 12 and add in some varience evening out my way......I think my stats would be about the same after 100k hands. ps im down $874 from QQxx after 192 whats with thaT? Well I lost a $900 pot to some dooshef@g who wont fold so it kinda skews things a bit.
AAxx Quote
03-11-2008 , 03:36 AM
I've made more with AA than I have overall, some $7k after getting AAxx 521 times:

AAxx Quote
03-11-2008 , 05:56 AM
hmm i always wondered what other 2+2ers AAxx looke like - unfortunatly as ive just upgraded to vista i have lost my last 250k or so hands for the time being, but i remember months where virtually all my 'winnings' in a particular month would be made up of AAxx hands, similar to Wass stats.

what i have wondered in the past is what is the value of rundown hands?? whilst i would generally have a good win % with high pairs, my rundown hands were a very mixed bag, and on further analysis virtually every decent sized pot i play with rundowns ends up in a flip

So really the question is are wraps overated? or is it necessary to play these types of hands in order to get paid on your monsters?? (very ambiguous i know but you get my point)
AAxx Quote
03-11-2008 , 06:04 AM
hmm i always wondered what other 2+2ers AAxx looke like - unfortunatly as ive just upgraded to vista i have lost my last 250k or so hands for the time being, but i remember months where virtually all my 'winnings' in a particular month would be made up of AAxx hands, similar to Wass stats.

what i have wondered in the past is what is the value of rundown hands?? whilst i would generally have a good win % with high pairs, my rundown hands were a very mixed bag, and on further analysis virtually every decent sized pot i play with rundowns ends up in a flip

So really the question is are wraps overated? or is it necessary to play these types of hands in order to get paid on your monsters?? (very ambiguous i know but you get my point)
AAxx Quote
03-11-2008 , 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrazor

I wonder about this too.

I think the deeper you're playing the higher their EV is. In cap games they're worse than the great majority of AAxx hands I think.

In 100 BB they start to gain more value because you can 3-bet with them preflop and be in very good shape if you get 4-bet by AA, or induce a lot of FTOP incorrect folds postflop versus KK/QQ type hands that have to put you on AA, or FTOP incorrect calls from those same hands when they assume you have AAxx and ship it with 2 pair or something when you have a straight.

I'm guessing as you go deeper than 100 BB they become more valuable than an increasingly high % of AAxx hands. You would still always take AAT9ds hands over a rundown, but at some point something like AAK9ss probably becomes objectively a worse hand than T987ds (i.e. has a lower EV).

For cap games or against short stacks they are totally overrated, and people often make significant mistakes by getting all-in preflop with them against AAxx and some rundown hand.
AAxx Quote
03-11-2008 , 01:37 PM
I'm on 2.7 BB per AA hand, accounting for about 4 times my total winnings... but I run very bad.

KQJT has won me 5.2 BB per hand, but the sample size probably isn't significant because it comes up 30 times less often. Lower rundowns have won less.
AAxx Quote
03-13-2008 , 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micturition Man
In 100 BB they start to gain more value because you can 3-bet with them preflop and be in very good shape if you get 4-bet by AA
the problem with being 4 bet by AAxx is that if you hit 1 pair on the flop you are pretty much committed with around 100bb's as provided there are no other direct draws available you are going to be around 35-40% to win the hand, getting around 2-1 pot odds. i also tend to find that the amount of times i flop 2 pair or better are outweighed by some margin by the times i whiff completly and throw 1/3 my stack away.
AAxx Quote
03-13-2008 , 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrazor
the problem with being 4 bet by AAxx is that if you hit 1 pair on the flop you are pretty much committed with around 100bb's as provided there are no other direct draws available you are going to be around 35-40% to win the hand, getting around 2-1 pot odds. i also tend to find that the amount of times i flop 2 pair or better are outweighed by some margin by the times i whiff completly and throw 1/3 my stack away.

Well it's not like you *want* to get 4-bet pre.
AAxx Quote
03-13-2008 , 02:30 PM
no of course you dont want to get 4 bet pre, but we are talking about the times villan has AAxx and 9/10 times thats whats going to happen. Villan then has 1 PSB left and donks it into you. So villan racks up another win for his AAxx catagory. this is i suspect why AAxx is so profitable, as in these spots it plays itself and why rundowns are more marginal, as most of the time you are going to be left with a marginal hand in a marginal spot
AAxx Quote

m