Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
PokerCast Episode 244 - WSOP Main Event Final Table PokerCast Episode 244 - WSOP Main Event Final Table

11-01-2012 , 01:14 PM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios, October 31st 2012 - WSOP Main Event Final Table - This week on the Two Plus Two PokerCast Mike and Adam are joined by two time SCOOP champion and professional tough guy Terrence Chan in studio to help break down the World Series of Poker Main Event final table. The guys discuss some interesting hands from the lengthy record breaking final table and review the ESPN television coverage. Mike and Adam check in with SteveD at PokerStars headquarters to talk about the $100k Heads-Up NLH All-Star Showdown currently underway on PokerStars. Matt "jacksup" Matros provides some "Stack Sizes" strategy in this weeks CardRunners.com Strategy Minute. In forum static the guys provide some 2012 Asia Championship of Poker coverage and of course give away the password for the November 4th Poker Stars VIP Club Invitational for PokerCast listeners.

PokerCast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 : Cemetery Gates - The Smiths - The Queen is Dead © 1986 : Ghost Town - The Specials - Ghost Town Single © 1981 : Graveyard Girl - M83 - Saturdays = Youth © 2008 :

Last edited by Bunner; 11-01-2012 at 01:55 PM.
11-01-2012 , 01:15 PM
Boom

la la la
im so sexy
11-01-2012 , 01:15 PM
la la la, I'm so sexy....

DL: http://pokercast.s3.amazonaws.com/twoplustwo_244.mp3

Last edited by jefkve; 11-01-2012 at 01:16 PM. Reason: [x] Bastard
11-01-2012 , 01:23 PM
Arse !
11-01-2012 , 01:34 PM
Looking forward to this one...
11-01-2012 , 01:42 PM
Andy Black memorial finish
11-01-2012 , 02:10 PM
6ixth
11-01-2012 , 03:09 PM
Good to hear TC again, I was thinking about this yesterday hoping he would be back like he normally is for the post WSOP discussion.
11-01-2012 , 03:31 PM
Final table
11-01-2012 , 04:02 PM
saving this for tomorrows grind, cant wait
11-01-2012 , 05:02 PM
uh, any one else having trouble getting this show (Ep 244) from iTunes?

On Mac, I get:
"There was a problem downloading "Two Plus Two Pokercast".'
Authorization is needed to access "http://pokercast.twoplustwo.com/pokercast.rss"

On iPhone, I get:
"Unable to Download Item "#244 - PokerCast Episode 244 - WSOP Main Event Final Table" cannot be downloaded. Please try again later."
11-01-2012 , 06:17 PM
11-01-2012 , 09:57 PM
Just coming to post that, MJ needs to quit while he's waaaaay behind
11-01-2012 , 10:28 PM
read in some forum that Greg Merson was SNE 3 straight years.....(unverified) is this true/well known?

maybe Steve D can verify?
11-01-2012 , 10:51 PM
Glad you mentioned about Merson pushing his rail away to congratulate Sylvia. It's something that has irked me for ages that people just start celebrating and forget to shake the other dude's hand. Greg seems like a really classy guy from the way he conducted himself throughout the tourney whether he was winning or losing, ahead or behind or just seemed so even-keeled and that final moment really summed it up.
11-02-2012 , 02:06 PM
Glad to know I wasn't the only one lacking the stamina to watch the whole Day 9, even after missing the first 3 hours.

MJ reminded me of the kid's brain teaser that went something like "Do they have 4th of July in England?" Entertaining or educational for a kid, maybe. For an adult.....condescending.
11-02-2012 , 08:07 PM
On the Full Tilt Poker login: I am a supernit when it comes to these things, so I have my name, password and balance readily available.
After hearing the show I dowmloaded the latest client and tried to log in.
FT is asking me person id verification, because I am logging in from a different computer than before: I changed both PC (motherboard failure) and ISP (general crappy service) since last year, so I was asked to send name/address verification. We'll see how it goes, I just took a photo of an id card and a bank statement.

NB: I also just registered for the Amsterdam PS VIP live event. Will you guys be there? I can show you around some highlights, having lived there for 10 years.
11-02-2012 , 09:19 PM
Great show guys.
11-03-2012 , 01:13 PM
I thought Antonio's commentary under the circumstances, was pretty darn good. I think Adam's criticisms were out of line. To say the things he did, is to say someone else would have done better. I don't even think Liv or anyone else could have done a better job.
11-03-2012 , 02:17 PM
I agree with Adam that the broadcast would have been better if Lon and Norm did it on their own. Antonio's commentary was not a plus this year.
11-03-2012 , 02:34 PM
Re: Smith Barney.

Gosh I wish i could get in for some of the free money MJ gives away regularly.

For some reason i have in my head that the "hero" from The Paper Chase is the same guy as Noonan from Caddyshack. This must be wrong, right?
11-03-2012 , 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renodoc
Re: Smith Barney.

Gosh I wish i could get in for some of the free money MJ gives away regularly.

For some reason i have in my head that the "hero" from The Paper Chase is the same guy as Noonan from Caddyshack. This must be wrong, right?
Danny Noonan was played by Michael O'Keefe

Timothy Bottoms(also from The Last Picture Show) was the guy from The Paper chase

These are not the same person. I accept your wager.
11-03-2012 , 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoblackaces
I thought Antonio's commentary under the circumstances, was pretty darn good. I think Adam's criticisms were out of line. To say the things he did, is to say someone else would have done better. I don't even think Liv or anyone else could have done a better job.
I have no idea of how an opinion on something like Antonio's commentary can be "out of line".

I didn't attack his character or make false statements. I merely gave my opinion on his performance. Could I have done better? Not likely. Is there someone out there that could have? I think so.

As I stated repeatedly, Antonio is one of my favorite humans in the poker world. I love his schtick, I think he's a pretty darn cool person and I usually love his analysis. I just don't think he had a good year.
11-03-2012 , 04:26 PM
Quote:
As I stated repeatedly, Antonio is one of my favorite humans in the poker world. I love his schtick, I think he's a pretty darn cool person and I usually love his analysis. I just don't think he had a good year.
Antonio says: Dr. Schwartz! You were not out of line!
11-03-2012 , 06:58 PM
you have Terrence ****ing Chan on the show
stop ****ing interrupting him

m