Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
PokerCast Episode 238 - 'Lederer Files' Analysis plus WPT winner Matt Salsberg PokerCast Episode 238 - 'Lederer Files' Analysis plus WPT winner Matt Salsberg

09-19-2012 , 01:51 PM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios, September 18th 2012 - Lederer Interview Analysis plus Matt Salsberg - This week on the Two Plus Two PokerCast Mike and Adam analyze the first two parts of the interview Full Tilt Poker co-founder Howard Lederer did with PokerNews. They connect with Noah Stephens-Davidowitz & Brian Horton formally of SubjectPoker.com to get their take on this highly anticipated release from Lederer. Also featured on the program is recent World Poker Tour Champion and television writer Matt Salsberg. Matt joins the guys to talk about his win at the WPT Paris Grand Prix, his deep run at last years' Main Event and his work on the hit television series Weeds. The guys also cover the ongoing World Championship of Online Poker and of course give away the password for the September 23rd Poker Stars VIP Club Invitational for PokerCast listeners.

PokerCast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 : Country - Hello Echo - Coffee Cups © 2012 : Floods New Light - Thee Oh Sees - Purifiers II © 2012 : Dreams - Taken By Trees - Other Worlds © 2012 :

Last edited by Bunner; 09-19-2012 at 08:14 PM.
09-19-2012 , 01:52 PM
FRIST

Can't wait. Sounds like this is going to be a good one.

DL: http://pokercast.s3.amazonaws.com/twoplustwo_238.mp3

Last edited by jefkve; 09-19-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: i'ze kant spel
09-19-2012 , 02:06 PM
runner up
09-19-2012 , 02:07 PM
turd

Last edited by jonthebook; 09-19-2012 at 02:08 PM. Reason: keep getting bloody bronze
09-19-2012 , 02:08 PM
close, but no cigar
09-19-2012 , 02:37 PM
link not working for me (chrome & firefox) neither itunes

Ok, working now

Last edited by dubwise; 09-19-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: It's good
09-19-2012 , 03:25 PM
WPT Final Table!

And I'm definitely looking forward to this discussion.
09-19-2012 , 03:47 PM
Mike,

It's not the Colonel Klink, it's the Sergeant Schultz.
09-19-2012 , 04:00 PM
Bah, only an hour into Episode 237. At least I am not as tardy as the banner ad that is still advertising epsidoe 236.
09-19-2012 , 04:29 PM
one drop bubble...............mike sexton jr
09-19-2012 , 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueodum
Mike,

It's not the Colonel Klink, it's the Sergeant Schultz.
09-19-2012 , 05:00 PM
Wow, am I Billy Kopp again?
09-19-2012 , 06:18 PM
Hopefully pokernews got the room for free that they did the interview in since they are clearly doing free marketing for Venetian.
09-19-2012 , 07:59 PM
Part 4 just came out. of the 130 million in phatom deposits, only 10m remained in the accounts of the people who actually deposited the funds.

The huge difference produced by the backlog probably suggests that some people really took advantage, either by playing extremely recklessly or by essentially dumping chips and cashing out the phantom deposit.

I really think that in the next year we'll start to see some case examples where this happened.
09-19-2012 , 09:36 PM
Looking forward to the Salsberg interview. Played many a tournament and cash game with him in LA. One of the nice guys in poker.
09-19-2012 , 10:41 PM
Howard's memory looks to me exactly like the recall capacity of a person who's spread too thin. There's no additional free memory space to be flexible and recall details that aren't readily available.
09-19-2012 , 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by datsmahname
essentially dumping chips and cashing out the phantom deposit.

I really think that in the next year we'll start to see some case examples where this happened.
I would imagine if we were ever to find out who 'actually took advantage', and to what extent, the names on that list, and the amounts, might raise an eyebrow or two.

But I'm guessing those are deep dark secrets never to be discovered.

(just starting to listen to show, only the opening Howard joke so far, keeping an ear out for Colonel Klink/Sergeant Schultz ref)
09-19-2012 , 10:52 PM
Part 4 of the Pokernews interview was much more conversational. I think its gradually just getting better.

I actually hoped for a very long time that this interview would happen. We needed someone to sit down and basically ask "what happened". Online poker is still a young industry in some respects. There are some big lessons to learn.
09-20-2012 , 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_pope
Bah, only an hour into Episode 237. At least I am not as tardy as the banner ad that is still advertising epsidoe 236.
I just make the pretty pictures your holiness...not nearly responsible enough to have server access.
09-20-2012 , 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunner
They connect with Noah Stephens-Davidowitz & Brian Horton formerly of SubjectPoker.com
FYP
09-20-2012 , 02:22 AM
I listen to 24 episodes of the pokercast a time
09-20-2012 , 12:10 PM
This

and this
09-20-2012 , 03:53 PM
Just a minute in, but Bunner saying "Bonjourrr" at the beginning just made my day.

I don't know how to describe it, it's heartwarming and hilarious at the same time.

Thanks man!
09-20-2012 , 04:14 PM
Can we get a LC thread in pokercast?

I want to discuss this with people, but don't know where would be right, and I always value your opinions.

Is this a major faux-pas by Sam Trickett?

http://twitter.com/Samtrickett1/stat...69279141879808
09-20-2012 , 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRMFJ
Can we get a LC thread in pokercast?

I want to discuss this with people, but don't know where would be right, and I always value your opinions.

Is this a major faux-pas by Sam Trickett?

http://twitter.com/Samtrickett1/stat...69279141879808
Confirmed shady, softplaying doesn't surprise me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebidster
Just listened to the show today. I am a long time close follower of all news on 2 + 2 and listen to all pokercast episodes. Call me naive, but one thing absoltly shocked me!!! (not the hooker story, that was epic and at the same time expected!).

I have never heard of a "Poker Farm" as Neil Channing mentioned.

50 people playing micro stakes grinding, playing by a strict list of hands with instructions. And then having people like Trickett or people he trained take over 'tricky hands'. Channing mentioned that Sam was actually one of the guys running a poker farm.

Questions:
Isn't this completly against any poker sites terms and conditions?
Has Trickett made public statements admitting he was a large part managing one of these poker farms?
I'm a huge Sam Trickett fan, he is among the best poker minds without a question, not even debatable. But should we all as poker players at a minimum strongly question his judgement to take part in a poker farm, and even more than that demote him as a man great from the game to a man that has taken advantage of the game? A man that should not be a role model for poker?
Am I overreacting, is this no big deal? (is their a previous 2+2 thread about poker farms??)

Just seems like an amazing poker mind took advantage of micro stakes players, helping to steal their money. If it is true, I am disgusted that Sam took part in it, and no longer want anything to do with encouraging him as a player great for the game. I obviously will no longer ever support him as a fan if it is true (unless since he has made some public apology for taking part)

Curious of anyones thoughts.

m