Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Are you kidding me UB? Are you kidding me UB?

01-28-2008 , 08:52 PM
I was talking to my friend whose screen name is Forcewithme on the phone today while he was playing UB. I told him I'd sweat him for a few minutes while we were on the phone and pulled up the Lobby. Without realizing it, I logged in as Forcewithme. Apparently when he was at my house last week he played on my computer and saved the log in to my computer. SO when I thought I was logging in as me I actually logged in as him. After watching him play for a few minutes I checked the cashier to see if I had any money in there and saw quite a bit of money and that is when I noticed that I was logged in as him......while he was sitting at 6 tables!!! So I told him that I was logged in as him and he was like, "Are you kidding me?" So we decided to see if I could play some tables and sure enough I sat and played some .01/.02 NL tables while he had 6 tables fired up from his house 100 miles away. We couldn't even believe it. Has it really gotten this bad over at UB?
Are you kidding me UB? Quote
01-28-2008 , 08:54 PM
That is just gross.
01-28-2008 , 08:55 PM
Whoa.
01-28-2008 , 08:55 PM
Wow.
Seriously wow.

<< location still intact.
01-28-2008 , 08:58 PM
No waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Sick.
01-28-2008 , 09:02 PM
this is sickkkkkkkkkkk...i literally lol'd while reading it...and then withdrew all money from UB when i realized its true
01-28-2008 , 09:02 PM
I know people who used to share UB accounts to take advantage of very massive rakeback and often played on the accounts at the same time while logged in from locations miles away. I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for this. Ub security is terrible and I doubt they would even care if they noticed. Is this really a big deal or even suprising?
01-28-2008 , 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis
Is this really a big deal or even suprising?
yes and yes
01-28-2008 , 09:04 PM
Well I must say that this disturbs me a little. I just recently started playing at UB after making an account like 8 months ago. Now they are saying I can't cashout because my address is different from the one I registered it with. But I changed my address before I made my deposits into my account so shouldn't everything be fine?

Anyway, I have to go through some inconviences to solve this. Makes me a little confused about their security...
01-28-2008 , 09:15 PM
afaik, you cant sit at the same tables. im not sure what the hudge deal is. ub has plenty of other far more shady problems.
01-28-2008 , 09:16 PM
jesus christ ub is so ****ing shady
01-28-2008 , 09:17 PM
UB has no multiaccounting policy and this has kind of been known for awhile
01-28-2008 , 09:18 PM
ok ya, u guys are just gonna have to spell out exactly whats so shady about this.
01-28-2008 , 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cking
UB has no multiaccounting policy and this has kind of been known for awhile
ya this has nothing to do with multiaccounting. you can only register once per screenname ldo.
01-28-2008 , 09:19 PM
God I've known about this forever and just wished people never decided to shout it out.
01-28-2008 , 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scansion
God I've known about this forever and just wished people never decided to shout it out.

why would you wish this?

lol at the people who cant figure out what some of the problems with this are

for one, you can be multitabling a cash game against someone, and playing 3 different people on the same screen name, making it impossible to form a read

is the level of common sense here this low?
01-28-2008 , 09:22 PM
Did you try playing at the same table as yourself? lol @ the thought of that even.
01-28-2008 , 09:22 PM
Quote:
for one, you can be multitabling a cash game against someone, and playing 3 different people on the same screen name, making it impossible to form a read
thats it? lol
01-28-2008 , 09:23 PM
Now that I think about it something like this has happened to me before on UB. I think it's bad because it shows a real incompetence by the software designers, but this specific glitch isn't that big a deal.
01-28-2008 , 09:23 PM
Just to be clear, leatherass, you could also see the cards your friend was playing right?
01-28-2008 , 09:24 PM
Quote:
thats it? lol
you dont think that is a huge problem for people playing high stakes frequently against the same opponents?

if you one table 10NL you are never going to get cheated so why bother giving a **** about any of the shady online stuff..for you to not realize how big of a problem this is really is laughable
01-28-2008 , 09:25 PM
psh...Anyone want to share accounts?
01-28-2008 , 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWS87
you dont think that is a huge problem for people playing high stakes frequently against the same opponents?

if you one table 10NL you are never going to get cheated so why bother giving a **** about any of the shady online stuff..for you to not realize how big of a problem this is really is laughable
or i could sit in a room with my friend and play some dud hu and switch off every 30 min? zomg he can never get a read and we gonna cheat him so bad and take his rollz llolololoololololololol
01-28-2008 , 09:30 PM
This is why so many mentor-student set-ups use UB. The mentor can see your cards and your play. Makes it much easier to teach from two locations.

And it supports the new 12 players to a hand rule.
01-28-2008 , 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermopyla
This is why so many mentor-student set-ups use UB. The mentor can see your cards and your play. Makes it much easier to teach from two locations.

And it supports the new 12 players to a hand rule.
blatantly wrong. if you log in from 2 different sites, you cant access the same tables.

m