Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
PokerCast Episode 199 - Alan Boston defends Howard Lederer PokerCast Episode 199 - Alan Boston defends Howard Lederer

11-24-2011 , 01:21 PM
Live from the Two Plus Two Studios, November 23rd 2011 - Alan Boston defends Howard Lederer The feature guest this week on the Two Plus Two PokerCast is professional sports bettor and fan favorite Alan Boston. Alan joins Mike and Adam to share his opinions on the Full Tilt Poker situation, defend his close friend Howard Lederer and of course share his college basketball sleeper picks. The guys also talk about the result from the highly anticipated muay thai kickboxing match between Lex Veldhuis and ElkY. Phil Ivey made headlines this week after showing up for the APPT event in Macau after months of hiding to play in some high stakes cash games. Leggo Poker coach 'King Dan' discusses your "Tournament Life" in this weekes Leggo Poker / Deuces Cracked strategy segment. Mike and Adam provide tournament coverage, preview the upcoming DevilFish movie and of course give away the password for the November 27th Poker Stars VIP Club Invitational for PokerCast listeners.

PokerCast Theme - Demitone Productions Inc. © 2007 : 1957 - Milo Greene © 2011 : Shell Games - Bright Eyes - The People's Key © 2011 : Back to Back - Wolf Gang - Suego Faults © 2011 :
11-24-2011 , 01:22 PM
FIRST!

“Alan Boston defends Howard Lederer” – very much looking forward to this.

And Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Americans. Among the many things I am thankful for is the effort the guys put into providing us with some entertainment.

So thank you to MJ, Adam, Bunner, et al.
11-24-2011 , 01:22 PM
Foist

edit: crap
11-24-2011 , 01:23 PM
f........................................uck!
11-24-2011 , 01:23 PM
i even hovvered as I saw bunner was around! :0(
11-24-2011 , 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidawg7
“Alan Boston defends Howard Lederer” – very much looking forward to this.
+1...

Thanks for another show guys
11-24-2011 , 01:31 PM
Regarding getting funds back from the DOJ for FTP is it only for US players? Or is that for all players like ROW and EU players Too?

Thanks
11-24-2011 , 01:33 PM
Nice Boston on the show again, guaranteed to be a good show then
Whens it gonna be available on Itunes?
11-24-2011 , 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sick cards
Regarding getting funds back from the DOJ for FTP is it only for US players? Or is that for all players like ROW and EU players Too?

Thanks
DOJ would only be only involved with US players. If the site is actually resurrected, ROW players would cash out directly from through the site. What limitations might be put on ROW cashouts is anybody's guess.
11-24-2011 , 01:40 PM
When all tunes are from 2011 i jizz. Saving EP for tonights grind #STOKED
11-24-2011 , 02:08 PM
Dowload link please
11-24-2011 , 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer60
Dowload link please
http://pokercast.s3.amazonaws.com/twoplustwo_199.mp3
11-24-2011 , 02:32 PM
Thnx for the grindradio
11-24-2011 , 02:38 PM
boooooooossssssssssston
11-24-2011 , 03:54 PM
Defend Howard?!?!! Who's he going to defend next, OJ?
11-24-2011 , 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastBill
first post ever and and goes immediately to the frown face emoticon.
11-24-2011 , 04:02 PM
Hope he defends this guy

11-24-2011 , 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Mother
What do you mean, "Is there another poker player named Daniel?" What are you, an only child?!?
Daniel always was her favorite, amirite?
11-24-2011 , 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastBill
+1...although I think you meant Jerry Sandusky, OJ's toast.

I thought I LIKED Alan Boston!?, I even got a copy of 'The Odds'

f*** it, there's pumpkin pie

Last edited by lemmyisgod; 11-24-2011 at 06:54 PM.
11-24-2011 , 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracas
Daniel always was her favorite, amirite?
11-24-2011 , 08:41 PM
tytytyty- My flight back to civilization tom. morning is going to be soooooo much better now!!!
11-24-2011 , 10:29 PM
I can't wait to listen just to see how many times Boston will correct MJ's grammar.

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends.
11-25-2011 , 12:13 AM
Sounds like a good show, I look forward to listening in the next couple days. Boston can always be counted on for a colorful interview, and I'm curious what he has to say in support of howard
11-25-2011 , 02:55 AM
I must be in the minority here since it seems as though people advocate for Alan Boston to be on the program, but I find his interviews to be pathetic nonsense. It's fair to assume everyone agrees he's an obnoxious, clueless human being as this is transparently obvious to anyone who has heard him on the show. Perhaps it's his crass language and witless repartee that certain people find amusing for some reason, but I can't figure it out. I don't know yet how I feel about him defending Howard but my opinion on this clown stands regardless. He's obviously bitter in life, perhaps it's because he resembles an extraterrestrial, or that he was never that great at any form of poker, or a combination of the two. Alan is a poor role model for our sport and if we want to hear from someone who is poor at sport betting and a complete life degen there are better characters in our community to get that from.
11-25-2011 , 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalopper
It's fair to assume everyone agrees he's an obnoxious, clueless human being as this is transparently obvious to anyone who has heard him on the show.
It's not fair at all.

Obnoxious is your opinion, but he's certainly not clueless as he's made his living gambling for most of his adult life.

Quote:
Perhaps it's his crass language and witless repartee that certain people find amusing for some reason, but I can't figure it out.
Ya, because he's the only person in the poker world that swears. Most of the people we interview don't swear on our show, but in person at the poker table it's a much different story. Alan just doesn't filter his language or opinion when he does an interview.

You call that crass, I call it genuine.

Quote:
He's obviously bitter in life, perhaps it's because he resembles an extraterrestrial
Wait, so he's bitter and crass but this isn't?

Quote:
or that he was never that great at any form of poker, or a combination of the two.
And you know this how? I'm sure he'd be happy to take on you, or most anyone, at 7 stud for example.

Quote:
Alan is a poor role model for our sport and if we want to hear from someone who is poor at sport betting and a complete life degen there are better characters in our community to get that from.
Poker isn't a sport and Alan is not anywhere close to being thought of as a role model. As far as your statement that he's bad at sports betting, again you really have no idea if he is or not.

Many of poker's most interesting people have had periods of life degen-ness, that's what makes them interesting. I'd rather listen to any one of them then another 20 year old that binked a tournament.

m