Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Now Even FREE Stoxpoker Accounts Get Paid To Translate English Subtitles! Now Even FREE Stoxpoker Accounts Get Paid To Translate English Subtitles!

01-14-2008 , 11:28 AM
The Stoxpoker Wiki-inspired system that allows members to be paid to translate English subtitles into their native languages is really taking off and more members are contributing every week. Now you don't even need a premium Stoxpoker account to get paid!

Here are some examples of amounts Stoxpoker members have earned in just that last 2 days:

- A member earned $40.46 for translating German subtitles on Video 148.
- A member earned $37.42 for translating Portugese subtitles on Video 106.
- A member earned $40.97 for translating French subtitles on Video 119.
- A member earned $31.01 for translating Russian subtitles on Video 150.
- A member earned $29.46 for translating Spanish subtitles on Video 164.
- A member earned $43.74 for translating Swedish subtitles on Video 136.

Email Support AT Stoxpoker DOT com with a subject line of WIKI TRANSLATIONS and we will send you more details on how to get started today.
01-16-2008 , 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoxPoker
The Stoxpoker Wiki-inspired system that allows members to be paid to translate English subtitles into their native languages is really taking off and more members are contributing every week. Now you don't even need a premium Stoxpoker account to get paid!

Here are some examples of amounts Stoxpoker members have earned in just that last 2 days:

- A member earned $40.46 for translating German subtitles on Video 148.
- A member earned $37.42 for translating Portugese subtitles on Video 106.
- A member earned $40.97 for translating French subtitles on Video 119.
- A member earned $31.01 for translating Russian subtitles on Video 150.
- A member earned $29.46 for translating Spanish subtitles on Video 164.
- A member earned $43.74 for translating Swedish subtitles on Video 136.

Email Support AT Stoxpoker DOT com with a subject line of WIKI TRANSLATIONS and we will send you more details on how to get started today.
Do you need Dutch subs as well?
01-16-2008 , 11:15 AM
I'm gonna translate everything you have in french in english. Sent you an email.
01-16-2008 , 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldeneleven
I'm gonna translate everything you have in french in english. Sent you an email.
Nice. We have both FREE and Premium members making quick a nice weekly side income doing these. Some several hundred $$ per week.
01-16-2008 , 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerschtuner
Do you need Dutch subs as well?
We will be adding Dutch and Finnish in the very near future.
01-16-2008 , 02:00 PM
Just completed my first one

How is the price determined for a translation? Are more expensive ones necessarily longer?
01-16-2008 , 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbb
Just completed my first one

How is the price determined for a translation? Are more expensive ones necessarily longer?
It is based on word count on the English subtitles and the more expensive ones are longer.
01-16-2008 , 05:51 PM
Just sent an email.
I'm willing to translate some videos to portuguese.

C ya.
01-17-2008 , 09:24 PM
This is really great.

I waiting on approval on my third translation to start my 4th video. A couple more and I'm basically getting a premium account for a year (plus PT3, apparently).
01-17-2008 , 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orestto
This is really great.

I waiting on approval on my third translation to start my 4th video. A couple more and I'm basically getting a premium account for a year (plus PT3, apparently).

Nice work orestto!

We have more and more members that are making a very nice side income in translating the English subtitles on videos through our Wiki-inspired translation web page for each video.
03-10-2008 , 03:24 PM
Quote:
Nice. We have both FREE and Premium members making quick a nice weekly side income doing these. Some several hundred $$ per week.

Just so you know, you are hiring a scammer:
GoldenEleven frauds like 5-6 members of a french poker community.
He is a banned member, and still contact people that want to make a interplayer transfert via msn telling them he is someone else.
Then, as people think he is a trusted member, he ask to have the transfert first, then disappear.

I'm sure you can find someone else translation your videos than a thief.
(if you want some details about it:
http://forum.pokercollectif.com/showthread.php?p=146920
http://forum.pokercollectif.com/showthread.php?t=12032 (see list below where people in red did steal some money)
03-10-2008 , 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasdess
Just so you know, you are hiring a scammer:
GoldenEleven frauds like 5-6 members of a french poker community.
He is a banned member, and still contact people that want to make a interplayer transfert via msn telling them he is someone else.
Then, as people think he is a trusted member, he ask to have the transfert first, then disappear.

I'm sure you can find someone else translation your videos than a thief.
(if you want some details about it:
http://forum.pokercollectif.com/showthread.php?p=146920
http://forum.pokercollectif.com/showthread.php?t=12032 (see list below where people in red did steal some money)
I don't know the member personally so I can't confirm or deny any of what you have said about him. It is my understanding that he made an inquiry about translations but has not done any translations.

Also, translators are paid for translations after they are completed and reviewed/approved and they have their own set price that is displayed right on the multi-lingual versions of our video page.
03-27-2008 , 06:43 AM
Quote:
We will be adding Dutch and Finnish in the very near future.
It's been more than 2 months since you said that, any date set yet?
03-27-2008 , 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AApjAA
It's been more than 2 months since you said that, any date set yet?
There are several meetings that we have with other sites at a major conference in Amsterdam next week. I hope to have more information coming out of those meetings that will solidify timing on this. We want to identify a major Dutch sister site before picking up the translations. Finnish is a priority after Dutch.
03-27-2008 , 03:48 PM
Hi, do you need italian translation? I'm really interested, thanks.
03-27-2008 , 05:11 PM
do u have english subtitles for all of the commentary for ur videos? I'm heairing impaired and thus prefer the subtitles. don't think anyone else offers this (if u do, point me in the right direction).
03-27-2008 , 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copag_man
do u have english subtitles for all of the commentary for ur videos? I'm heairing impaired and thus prefer the subtitles. don't think anyone else offers this (if u do, point me in the right direction).
most, but not all titles at this point - we plan on continueing to crank them out though.
03-29-2008 , 05:20 PM
@stoxtrader:

will translate every video you want in German - have a university degree in economics - was a month in Canada Snowboarding and grew up next to a US army spot - just PM if Stoxpoker is intrested
03-30-2008 , 02:20 PM
What about Danish, Mr. Stox?

m