Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
SNG Payout Error - Ocean's 14!!! - TRUE STORY SNG Payout Error - Ocean's 14!!! - TRUE STORY

01-12-2008 , 03:01 AM
the site is European.

here's what happened..........

somwhere between midnight and 6am the other night/morning.....

a 6pak SNG ended.... not unremarkable.... but wait....

the winner got the standard 1st place prize money (of whatever it was for that stake SNG)

the 2nd place person got the 2nd place prize money.

AND THE 3RD, 4TH, 5TH AND 6TH PLAYERS ALSO GOT 2ND PLACE PRIZEMONEY!!!

obv chaos ensued.... with people testing it out again and moving up to the largest stakes possible.

they were just all going all in every hand as they were GUARANTEED TO PROFIT!

supposedly around 20 players took part/advantage.

the high stakes 6paks were on fire for hours. hundreds were played.

did they get away with it all? not all.... large amounts are locked in PayPal but many bank card withdrawals DID go through successfully and these are supposedly irreversible.

i just wish i had been part of it.
01-12-2008 , 03:02 AM
wow screw the superuser accounts thats the way to go
01-12-2008 , 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5wantinga10
not unremarkable....
lol doublenegativements
01-12-2008 , 03:16 AM
rofl please reveal the site.
01-12-2008 , 03:18 AM
[x] should have posted when we all could take advantage
01-12-2008 , 03:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a5wantinga10
did they get away with it all? not all.... large amounts are locked in PayPal but many bank card withdrawals DID go through successfully and these are supposedly irreversible.
Uh.... What gambling site allows Paypal withdrawals? I find this extremely hard to believe.
I assume its a Crypto site since you described the SnG as '6 paks'.
01-12-2008 , 04:55 AM
so wait....is this the plot to Oceans14?
01-12-2008 , 05:17 AM
I'll be pissed if this was BetFair as I was on last night playing cash when I usually play 6max SNG's at the same time
01-12-2008 , 07:43 AM
It is Betfair.
01-12-2008 , 07:46 AM
hmm I am thinking this didn't happen now, as most Online news sites would be all over this. Pictures or didn't happen.
01-12-2008 , 07:53 AM
wow this is pretty sick how long untill the site found out?

at what stakes did they multitable (?) the 6 max sng's, and for how long?

how did the players at the table react who didn't know ?
01-12-2008 , 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDropDeuces
It is Betfair.
O

M

G

i lose free moniez grinding away on cash like a schmuck
01-12-2008 , 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDuperChris
hmm I am thinking this didn't happen now, as most Online news sites would be all over this. Pictures or didn't happen.
Yeah, i mean they were all right on top of the AP scandal, right?
01-12-2008 , 08:49 AM
Ban OP no evidence
01-12-2008 , 09:10 AM
100% true.

110% true.
01-12-2008 , 09:21 AM
definately happened! full details yet to be revealed, for who, how much and where the money lies now. apparently lead story in NOTW, (British tabloid press), tomorrow.

Several player missing from site, forum and leaderboards etc.
01-12-2008 , 09:25 AM
Hi sunday ! Jim Hensen here.

I think, (if they have been cute enough), that they have a good case for keeping the cash.

Assuming they have planned this a little and saved T&C's and found evidence of situations to help there case. And obv, to get the cash out ASAP helps too.

I feel maybe a few that jumped on late may have got as far as to win, but possibly not had the exit strategy in place. Something tells me the starting few will have had exit strategy in place.

Good luck to them I say, incompetence is harsh, forgivable but harsh.
01-12-2008 , 09:35 AM
Hi Sunday xx
01-12-2008 , 10:27 AM
LOL - Hi King

Good luck in your future endevours whatever they may be.

xx
01-12-2008 , 10:42 AM
this happened on paradise poker once in the 1 on 1 sit and goes was paying first 4 times what they were supposed to. My only problem was none of the other players would go allin every hand athough I did make aroud 1000 shoulda been 10k
01-12-2008 , 10:52 AM
This deffo happend, unfortunately I wasn't on at the time A load of people have gone missing (presumed banned or whatever) from both the site itself and the forum http://forum.betfair.com/ look down the left side under "other groups" you will see the poker forum.
01-12-2008 , 10:54 AM
look at the thread "who has dissapeard" all is revealed
01-12-2008 , 11:33 AM
Meh.. i once played a 3$ SnG at a relative unknown site.
The site connection went done or something and so did the Sng.
I went on live support to get my 3$ back.. ( my bankroll was $20) yeuy !
Had a real nice conversation with the operator and he said he would look in to it
Couple days later I have 3k + in my account. In the transactions it was stated as: complimentary deposit. Freaked out, didnt do anything with my account for 2 weeks so they had time to contact me, reverse the error.
After that, withdrawed everything with my visa, never went back nor heard from them again.
true ****** story
01-12-2008 , 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromantha
Uh.... What gambling site allows Paypal withdrawals? I find this extremely hard to believe.
I assume its a Crypto site since you described the SnG as '6 paks'.
Ladbrokes allows this also

(is ladbrokes crypto?)
01-12-2008 , 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BcnDiamond
Meh.. i once played a 3$ SnG at a relative unknown site.
The site connection went done or something and so did the Sng.
I went on live support to get my 3$ back.. ( my bankroll was $20) yeuy !
Had a real nice conversation with the operator and he said he would look in to it
Couple days later I have 3k + in my account. In the transactions it was stated as: complimentary deposit. Freaked out, didnt do anything with my account for 2 weeks so they had time to contact me, reverse the error.
After that, withdrawed everything with my visa, never went back nor heard from them again.
true ****** story

A+

m