dont post anymore dont post anymore

02-25-2008 , 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAmidala
How did I totally miss that thread?
Link please.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...d.php?t=127759

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

EDIT: I just bumped that thread. Post in it please!
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie257
Yeah imo Veni's good posts:total posts ratio is very solid.
You'd be surprised at how many posts I've spent time writing out...and then at the last second just closed the browser because I realized that it's not that funny or useful.
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:00 AM
the times they are a changing
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veni
You'd be surprised at how many posts I've spent time writing out...and then at the last second just closed the browser because I realized that it's not that funny or useful.
Thinking before you post is the new posting before you think. Spread the word.
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennie257
I'm surprised and alarmed that you seem to think me some kind of shepherd tending my own little flock of newbie B4Lers. Afaik irock03 posts the [ ] deserves it own thread pic sometimes but that's about it. If I am the leader of some weird kind of sub-strata I'd like to meet them.
You started posting the [ ] thread thing and then others did too.

Shepherd imo.
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:11 AM
LOUD NOISES
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRockPoker03
just leave...
Quote:
Originally Posted by imozyslow
OH THE IRONING
Quote:
Originally Posted by phishguy
Your avatar tilts me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Probable
Labarde owned... and Obied... Edd's avatar has something ugly in her face and is tilting o wait no that is her face
Quote:
Originally Posted by prodonkey
should take ur own advice
Quote:
Originally Posted by macabresoul
Why do I keep hearing all this **** about how bbv used to be such a great place because of all the people who used to be here.

Maybe the people who used to be regulars who are still here just aren't that insteresting.

Quit whining, who cares if you used to know everybody who posted or not. That is not the point of a message board.
Quote:
a message board newb? wtf
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustowithnobra
does big ed remember me!!!! :O}
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianisakson
spechel edd is proof quality > quantity (quit posting seriously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaDi
Maybe if the regs weren't ****ing ******ed they wouldn't have gotten banned.
Quote:
the times they are a changing
I hope you all learn something from this thread.
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:20 AM
Quote:
I've been doing this a lot more lately. People seem to like it when I self-censor a bit.
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mayo
I've been doing this a lot more lately. People seem to like it when I self-censor a bit.
no, please keep posting your avatar is sexy
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spechel EDD
youre all such terrible posters, just stop
o1c
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man Mulcahey
This is lurker QueenAmidala. Reg date: May 2004. Posts per day: 0. Posts: 0.
I asked for thoughts about this forum as of yet, and this was the response.
There you go. Less memes. Less of all the unfunny [ ] crap and try hitting her and I came. Basically, put more (or any) thought into your posts.
BBV4L seems to be infected with viral memes, imo:

Meme-theorists contend that memes evolve by natural selection (similarly to Darwinian biological evolution) through the processes of variation, mutation, competition, and inheritance influencing an individual entity's reproductive success. So with memes, some ideas will propagate less successfully and become extinct, while others will survive, spread, and, for better or for worse, mutate. "Memeticists argue that the memes most beneficial to their hosts will not necessarily survive; rather, those memes that replicate the most effectively spread best, which allows for the possibility that successful memes may prove detrimental to their hosts."

Just let nature take its course in the 4L jungle--survival of the fittest, and all that brutal darwinian stuff.

Link to full text http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpethybridge
BBV4L seems to be infected with viral memes, imo:

Meme-theorists contend that memes evolve by natural selection (similarly to Darwinian biological evolution) through the processes of variation, mutation, competition, and inheritance influencing an individual entity's reproductive success. So with memes, some ideas will propagate less successfully and become extinct, while others will survive, spread, and, for better or for worse, mutate. "Memeticists argue that the memes most beneficial to their hosts will not necessarily survive; rather, those memes that replicate the most effectively spread best, which allows for the possibility that successful memes may prove detrimental to their hosts."

Just let nature take its course in the 4L jungle--survival of the fittest, and all that brutal darwinian stuff.

Link to full text http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme

wat
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 04:44 AM
Quote:
wat
proof, iyam. tyvm
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpethybridge
proof, iyam. tyvm
come on you were begging for it
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 04:51 AM
Quote:
come on you were begging for it
so what else is new?
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man Mulcahey
I hope you all learn something from this thread.
I learned that you get tired of meme's quicker then most people, and that you enjoy long rambling paragraphs.

Quote:
The people making those posts probably think what they are saying IS funny. I know that when I first came to BBV4L, I thought that the "Try hitting her" thing was hilarious (I never said it but I always laughed when I saw it). However, the mods just recently banned it. While I still think it's funny, I can understand why others don't. I'm probably in the same position they were in several months ago when it was widely considered to be funny.

With such a high turnover rate of posters/lurkers, the lines between what was funny several months ago and what is funny now becomes blurred. To someone who has never seen some of these memes before, this forum must be quiet amusing. To someone who has been here for months or years, this forum probably looks like dog**** (that is my child!). The "regulars" see this downfall, start posting less, and possibly even leave; which only propagates the cycle.
I don't really know what a high turnover rate for posters/lurkers means. Does it mean a lot of lurkers are showing up these days? If so, then BBV is changing as more people get used to the forum and try to fit it i guess. One easy way to fit in is repeating popular meme's. Plus there is the troll factor to consider, every forum has them and they can seem more numerous simply because they have high daily post counts.

Another point can be made that back in the 'golden days' of BBV this forum wasn't as well known, and it bolstered a smaller community of people. It seems these days that the forum is always being observed by 100+ people. And if even half these people are posting everyday, then it will not have that small community feeling to it. And i'm afraid it probably never will again as more people stop lurking/find this forum.

But with that being said, what is the BBV4L community about really. It seems this forum is pretty much the BBQ pit of 2+2. In that it's rules against posting are much more lax then other forums on here, and basically just has no real 'theme' to it other than complaining/bragging.

Anything short of banning meme's will not rid the forum of them. It's a natural occurance. If you long time posters feel that strongly about it, and about BBV sucking now, then stop flaming the fires of the meme and just let anooying ones die. But as you said, meme's are funny. So whats the problem.

About the only thing to do is if you want this forum to be filled with meaningful discussions and thought out posts is constantly start/respond to threads in the like. Then that will become the new meme. Until then, keep complaining and lecturing.
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 07:33 AM
Quote:
no u
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 08:07 AM
Quote:
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 05:59 PM
Quote:
Plus there is the troll factor to consider, every forum has them and they can seem more numerous simply because they have high daily post counts.
wat
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 07:38 PM
More people should start using the thread rating thing. That way if you like a thread you don't have to post to acknowledge it and if you dislike a thread you can give it a low rating instead of just posting "ban op".
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 07:40 PM
Quote:
More people should start using the thread rating thing. That way if you like a thread you don't have to post to acknowledge it and if you dislike a thread you can give it a low rating instead of just posting "ban op".
You have a good idea, but i doubt it will catch on.

People feel the need to be heard, even if it is ******ed and worthless.
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 08:31 PM
goddamn shut the **** up
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 08:33 PM
lol

just go over to the poop toad site if you hate us so much
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 08:46 PM
Quote:
a message board newb? wtf
I have to agree with people... Just shutup..... and stop breathing.
dont post anymore Quote
02-25-2008 , 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Nando
I have to agree with people... Just shutup..... and stop breathing.
idiot...can i say more
dont post anymore Quote

m