Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Pokercast

Two Plus Two Pokercast Discussions about the Two Plus Two Pokercast featuring interactions with the weekly special guests.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #1831
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,560
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson View Post
but not pissed off enough to bother mentioning why?

Last edited by Mike Johnson; Yesterday at 09:32 PM. Reason: never mind. read your posts in the thread. You seem to be HEAVILY outnumbered in the thread.
Not sure how outnumbered I am but it you look at the more intelligent posts, you can see it is a signficant issue. In fact, in the past day or so, more people negatively affected by this have come to the thread.

Mike, I'm not asking for you to agree with me; really just asking you to have Steve address it. Really want to know what his response is. Perhaps theres a reasonable explanation for the decision not to put us in the same place we were in on April 14th. If so, I'd feel a lot better if I knew. I have held Stars on a high pedestal for a long time, even defending them against those badmouthing them in the wake of the DOJ indictments so I have zero bones to pick with them except on this issue.
YoureToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 11:23 AM   #1832
centurion
 
vysions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Posts: 172
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Johnson View Post
thread is 5 pages. You may be doing something wrong.
My count is 31 pages
vysions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #1833
Pokercast co-host
 
Mike Johnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bilzerian's Beard
Posts: 6,842
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by vysions View Post
My count is 31 pages
you're doing the same thing wrong. 50 or 100 posts per page peeps.
Mike Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:50 AM   #1834
Shippy McShiperson
 
AdamSchwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 2 twins no cups
Posts: 6,782
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureToast View Post
Not sure how outnumbered I am but it you look at the more intelligent posts, you can see it is a signficant issue. In fact, in the past day or so, more people negatively affected by this have come to the thread.

Mike, I'm not asking for you to agree with me; really just asking you to have Steve address it. Really want to know what his response is. Perhaps theres a reasonable explanation for the decision not to put us in the same place we were in on April 14th. If so, I'd feel a lot better if I knew. I have held Stars on a high pedestal for a long time, even defending them against those badmouthing them in the wake of the DOJ indictments so I have zero bones to pick with them except on this issue.
I haven't read the thread since it started, but didn't Steve say the DOJ decided the parameters?
AdamSchwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 AM   #1835
veteran
 
Palikari's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Animal agrees with this post
Posts: 3,396
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

I read the whole thread. If you ever need to explain to an outsider how poker players think. This is a good start.

Fascinated how people go from worrying about getting any money back to complaining about $0.05/FPP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamSchwartz View Post
I haven't read the thread since it started, but didn't Steve say the DOJ decided the parameters?
SteveD: "I appreciate the frustration you might feel at this situation, but I'm afraid that such exceptions are not available. PokerStars only has approval to allow players to spend their FPPs on VIP Reward Bonuses as they existed on April 15th, 2011." Link to post
Palikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:11 AM   #1836
veteran
 
Palikari's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Animal agrees with this post
Posts: 3,396
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palikari View Post
Fascinated how people go from worrying about getting any money back to complaining about $0.005/FPP.
.
Palikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #1837
old hand
 
jefkve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 1,297
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

US UB pros laid off

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...d-off-1034956/
jefkve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #1838
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,560
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palikari View Post
I read the whole thread. If you ever need to explain to an outsider how poker players think. This is a good start.

Fascinated how people go from worrying about getting any money back to complaining about $0.05/FPP.



SteveD: "I appreciate the frustration you might feel at this situation, but I'm afraid that such exceptions are not available. PokerStars only has approval to allow players to spend their FPPs on VIP Reward Bonuses as they existed on April 15th, 2011." Link to post
Note that this post related to a different aspect of this. My concern relates to the fact that my FPPs were worth .0159 on April 14 which was close to my expectation all along and are now worth only .011. Steve's post there relates I believe to the "status" of the player and the expectation that a player would reach a different plateau if he were allowed to play more. On this issue, I agree that there's nothing Stars can do.
YoureToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:55 PM   #1839
banned
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 34
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Try to get Joe Sebok on the show.
rivernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #1840
veteran
 
Palikari's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Animal agrees with this post
Posts: 3,396
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureToast View Post
Note that this post related to a different aspect of this.
I disagree. In my opinion his statement is clear and applies to everybody. "PokerStars only has approval to allow players to spend their FPPs on VIP Reward Bonuses as they existed on April 15th, 2011.". But maybe SteveD can clarify.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureToast View Post
My concern relates to the fact that my FPPs were worth .0159 on April 14 which was close to my expectation all along and are now worth only .011.
Honestly. I cannot follow that logic. Just because you could get into tournaments doesnt mean that FPPs really had the same "value" as the cash you would need to buy that tournament ticket.

With that same logic you could argue that FPPs had actually a lot less value. If you exchanged them for some electronic stuff for example.
Palikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:50 PM   #1841
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 3,560
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palikari View Post
I disagree. In my opinion his statement is clear and applies to everybody. "PokerStars only has approval to allow players to spend their FPPs on VIP Reward Bonuses as they existed on April 15th, 2011.". But maybe SteveD can clarify.



Honestly. I cannot follow that logic. Just because you could get into tournaments doesnt mean that FPPs really had the same "value" as the cash you would need to buy that tournament ticket.

With that same logic you could argue that FPPs had actually a lot less value. If you exchanged them for some electronic stuff for example.
dont really want to argue about it here; its all being covered/discussed in the thread I mentioned.
YoureToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #1842
centurion
 
Real_Owen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 124
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Patrik Antonius and Viktor Blom would be awesome!
Real_Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #1843
centurion
 
Real_Owen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Planet earth
Posts: 124
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
Howard Lederer

Yeah! Call Howard!
The country code is +353 ( Ireland )
Real_Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:39 AM   #1844
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Protential's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vegas
Posts: 11,597
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

+1 for sebok...ask him how stupid he feels for not realizing scott tom still ran ub and how easy it was for some1 to find out...
Protential is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #1845
journeyman
 
BigZap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Australia
Posts: 211
Re: Suggest a guest or segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protential View Post
+1 for sebok...ask him how stupid he feels for not realizing scott tom still ran ub and how easy it was for some1 to find out...
Joe Sebok's latest blog
BigZap is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive