Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Two Plus Two Pokercast Discussions about the Two Plus Two Pokercast featuring interactions with the weekly special guests.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #176
STinLA
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: in the tank
Posts: 1,478
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

T: I believe I remember you saying that you practice intermittent fasting, only eating between noon and 8pm. What time do wake up and do you ever workout in the morning? I'm curious because I'm guessing your workouts are more intense than any I ever do and I sometimes feel nauseated when working out on a completely empty stomach first thing in the morning. I had a trainer once who recommended eating a banana to have something in there.
STinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 08:47 PM   #177
Brown Keeper
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,522
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

Chili,
What does your daily calorie intake look like and what do you consider a lot of protein?

Thanks
Brown Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 02:06 AM   #178
renodoc
Casino Olympics Champion
 
renodoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The old guy always has it.
Posts: 7,736
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

I'm quickly becoming a fan of Bulletproof Coffee Its great before a morning workout and you don't really need to eat anything until dinner.
renodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:45 AM   #179
chilidawg7
grinder
 
chilidawg7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 677
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Keeper View Post
Chili,
What does your daily calorie intake look like and what do you consider a lot of protein?

Thanks
Daily calories through this process have ranged from 1800-2500 which is pretty low for me

A lot of protein for me is 200+ grams/day, up to 250ish on days when I work out hard.

I've been above-average sized since my senior year of high school (1996) and have always felt compelled to eat more of everything. So far during this process, I've cut back on most portions and gone low-carb, heavy protein and I have not seen any real loss in performance at the gym or how I feel on any given day. It's been eye-opening, for sure. I joked with my wife last night that this bet is all about beating a friend and winning the bet, but really shouldn't be long-term health and well-being be incentive enough to make these changes???


May 24th Update: down 7.0 lbs so far (up .6 from yesterday)

weighed in at 256.0 this morning.

Ate 44 total carbs yesterday with lots of protein, 1 gallon of water
chilidawg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:33 AM   #180
Brown Keeper
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,522
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilidawg7 View Post
Daily calories through this process have ranged from 1800-2500 which is pretty low for me



A lot of protein for me is 200+ grams/day, up to 250ish on days when I work out hard.



I've been above-average sized since my senior year of high school (1996) and have always felt compelled to eat more of everything. So far during this process, I've cut back on most portions and gone low-carb, heavy protein and I have not seen any real loss in performance at the gym or how I feel on any given day. It's been eye-opening, for sure. I joked with my wife last night that this bet is all about beating a friend and winning the bet, but really shouldn't be long-term health and well-being be incentive enough to make these changes???





May 24th Update: down 7.0 lbs so far (up .6 from yesterday)



weighed in at 256.0 this morning.



Ate 44 total carbs yesterday with lots of protein, 1 gallon of water


Thanks, nice work.

Does gym work consist of compounding lifting mostly?
Brown Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 04:53 PM   #181
chilidawg7
grinder
 
chilidawg7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 677
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Keeper View Post
Thanks, nice work.

Does gym work consist of compounding lifting mostly?
I do CrossFit so it varies day by day. Some days are more cardio while others are heavy lifting. Throughout this process, I've leaned more towards doing cardio, at least an hour or so each day 4-5x per week. After this bet is over, I'll likely go back to a more balanced schedule.
chilidawg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:40 AM   #182
chilidawg7
grinder
 
chilidawg7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 677
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

May 25th Update: down 8.0 lbs since 5/15/17, 15.4 lbs overall since 4/1/17

weighed in at 255.0 this morning.

Ate 24 total carbs yesterday with lots of protein, 1 gallon of water. Today begins the 1 week countdown to next Thursday's weigh in. Saturday, Sunday and Monday I'll move to 2+ gallons of water per day and less calories.
chilidawg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:15 AM   #183
chilidawg7
grinder
 
chilidawg7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 677
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

May 26th Update: down 8.6 lbs since starting this phase on 5/15/17,
down 16.0 lbs overall since 4/1/17

weighed in at 254.4 this morning.

Ate 28 total carbs yesterday with lots of protein, 1 gallon of water.

6 days until the weigh-in. Just as I'm getting used to the 1 gallon of water per day, that goes up to 2 gallons tomorrow. That's a LOT of water so we'll see how that goes.

Also - have been slowly adding time to cold water at the end of my showers. Up to 45 seconds now. I think this is way more mental than physical. 30+ years of warm/hot showers is a tough habit to break.
chilidawg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:53 PM   #184
chilidawg7
grinder
 
chilidawg7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ocala, FL
Posts: 677
Re: Official thread on diet and exercise by Terrence Chan and Jason Koon

May 27th Update: down 9.2 lbs since starting this phase on 5/15/17,
down 16.6 lbs overall since 4/1/17

weighed in at 253.8 this morning.

Ate 40 total carbs yesterday with lots of protein, 1 gallon of water.
chilidawg7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online