Originally Posted by kevin21
I have never mentioned one thing about money or contacting TGC's execs/decision makers. I have simply stated that I find it extremely retarded. I feel the same way about it as the people at Sky Sports do when they have to show some stupid thing to pass 30-40 mins instead of watching live golf.
I've mentioned this in the past 2 PGA Tour threads but since Tiger was involved here I guess people have taken more notice.
I guess we just put it down to stupid American golf coverage
I wasn't giving you crap. Really. If I pushed the line too close, then I apologize. It appears the only person that I can pretend to give crap to without triggering an incident is Brickie, who either gets me, or has me on ignore.
Originally Posted by ship---this
I certainly don't think I understand their business more than them. I am simply stating that there MUST be a reason they don't cover the down time and offering a few ideas as to what those might be. The most likely being CBS owns the footage and gives TGC a big finger at letting them profit.
I don't know how you thought I had anything directed at you. It was kind of directed at kevin, but not really, because I
kevin. I think I didn't disagree with anything you said on the topic.
I think there are about 4 categories.
1. CBS screwed up. Who believes this? Time will tell when we see how this kind of hand off evolves.
2. TGC screwed up. How could they have?
3. Undirected frustration at how this kind of hand off is handled.
4. something else.
5. Yeah, I said 4. CBS is BS'ing us with the graphics change thing, and that becomes a reason for a complaint against whatever they are really doing.
6. I lost my train of thought.