Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #11401
poker_triad
old hand
 
poker_triad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 1,381
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O P E Z View Post
Hey!

Will be coming to PP tomorrow, do I need to have flight ticket out of the country? No vaccines necessary?
thanks in advance!
Recent reports seem to indicate that the immigration office at the airport won't care. Just remember to get an E-Visa which is only $5 more. You can renew this Visa up to a year after the initial month with multiple entries so it gives you the most flexibility. There's always a risk, but generally you won't need vaccines in a city like Phnom Penh. I would recommend it though if you go out to the provinces or places even like Siem Reap. Our doors open at 9:00 AM and the first game generally starts around 1:00 PM. Hope to see you around.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
poker_triad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #11402
N O P E Z
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

I plan on staying no longer than 30 days so I suppose the E-Visa isn't necessary, thx. I'll definitely be there!
N O P E Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:20 AM   #11403
JustALurkerP5
enthusiast
 
JustALurkerP5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: HCMC
Posts: 52
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O P E Z View Post
Hey!

Will be coming to PP tomorrow, do I need to have flight ticket out of the country? No vaccines necessary?
thanks in advance!
No vaccines necessary. Customs doesn't care about flight out but your airline might. depends on airline.
JustALurkerP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:31 PM   #11404
WarMage87
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 171
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Just came back from Naga. Logged a 3 hour session. Up $40. Another break-evenish session. Positive thing is I am UP and that's what matters right. :-)

What makes Naga such a soft game is the silly & un-necessary mistakes that players make post-flop.

To give an example. Big blind ($200 effective stack) opened $12 with AK, 4 callers. Flop came down K J 9 rainbow. Original raiser led out for $25. Two callers. Turn was a brick. Original raiser now led out for $100. The next player jammed the pot. Original raiser called. River was a brick. The player who jammed the pot showed J 9 for two pair. $450+ pot was shipped to him. Easy game yea.

While AK is a very good hand pre-flop (I tend to limp jammed as opposed to open/3-bet/4-bet), it does very poorly post flop in multi-way pots. Even with TPTK, I would have played it defensively by either betting small or checking for pot control. More so when I am out of position.

Sadly, I'll be flying back home next Monday night. Phnom Penh has been good to me so far (post down-swing). :-)
WarMage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:18 PM   #11405
ukiya2004
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 20
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

would you think that Naga is softer or RK is softer?
ukiya2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #11406
WarMage87
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 171
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiya2004 View Post
would you think that Naga is softer or RK is softer?
I can't answer this question in a public forum. You can get my views if you ask me in private.
WarMage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:53 PM   #11407
5 south
old hand
 
5 south's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Lat Yao
Posts: 1,957
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Naga softer
5 south is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:46 AM   #11408
samcx
Pooh-Bah
 
samcx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Cambodia
Posts: 3,834
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMage87 View Post
I can't answer this question in a public forum. You can get my views if you ask me in private.
Lol why? It's been posted a dozen times at least that RK is the softest game in SE Asia let alone PP.

My guess is advertising that on a forum full of pro poker players may have changed that a bit.
samcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:28 AM   #11409
WarMage87
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 171
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

How a typical session @ RK SHOULD look like:



Buy in: $200
Cash out: $587
Profit: +$387

:-)

Logged a 2 hour session at RK today. Decided to end it early as I wanted to protect my profits. Sure, I might get AA the next orbit and double up through KK. But I am happy enough with a 2 buy-in win.

Major hands include:
(i) Limp re-raising with KK. AQss jammed. I asked to ran it twice. Player with AQ refused. AQ flopped the nut flush draw but turn/river bricked. Phew! $300 pot was shipped to me.
(ii) KQ flopped top pair in a multi-way pot. Check called the flop. Turn brings a possible flush (three hearts). Checked around. Led out for a small bet of $22 on the river. Was called down by a French reg, I showed my TPTK and he mucked. Shipped a $150 pot. Thank god villian didn't check jammed/raised, I would be in a very tough spot.
(iii) Called KJss to an open of $13. Flop was very favourable, flopped top pair with second nut flush draw. Led out for $22 on the flop, led out for $33 on the turn. Nutted the river when Ace heart came. I was jumping with excitement (on the inside) when villian donk bets $90 into me. Hollywood a little about villian rivering me before I pushed two stacks of red chips ($200). Villian sighed and mucked. Turned over my nutted hand as a gesture of goodwill. $300+ pot shipped to me. :-)

Might take a shot at the 5-5 PLO later but I am heading out for a swim/massage first.

PLO games @RK are very very good but the variance is sky high. I once saw a fish jammed the pot on the flop with a wrap against reg. Reg had top set with nut flush redraw. The fish got there on the river and won a $1.5K+ pot (300BB). Geez. I would flip the table to get coolered in such a spot.

Last edited by WarMage87; 04-21-2017 at 04:55 AM.
WarMage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:11 AM   #11410
N O P E Z
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

How can i find riverking casino? Google found me riverking poker club but when i went there twice i found nothing
N O P E Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:14 AM   #11411
Fatbonesbluehat
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 75
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMage87 View Post
How a typical session @ RK SHOULD look like:



Buy in: $200
Cash out: $587
Profit: +$387

:-)

Logged a 2 hour session at RK today. Decided to end it early as I wanted to protect my profits. Sure, I might get AA the next orbit and double up through KK. But I am happy enough with a 2 buy-in win.

Major hands include:
(i) Limp re-raising with KK. AQss jammed. I asked to ran it twice. Player with AQ refused. AQ flopped the nut flush draw but turn/river bricked. Phew! $300 pot was shipped to me.
(ii) KQ flopped top pair in a multi-way pot. Check called the flop. Turn brings a possible flush (three hearts). Checked around. Led out for a small bet of $22 on the river. Was called down by a French reg, I showed my TPTK and he mucked. Shipped a $150 pot. Thank god villian didn't check jammed/raised, I would be in a very tough spot.
(iii) Called KJss to an open of $13. Flop was very favourable, flopped top pair with second nut flush draw. Led out for $22 on the flop, led out for $33 on the turn. Nutted the river when Ace heart came. I was jumping with excitement (on the inside) when villian donk bets $90 into me. Hollywood a little about villian rivering me before I pushed two stacks of red chips ($200). Villian sighed and mucked. Turned over my nutted hand as a gesture of goodwill. $300+ pot shipped to me. :-)

Might take a shot at the 5-5 PLO later but I am heading out for a swim/massage first.

PLO games @RK are very very good but the variance is sky high. I once saw a fish jammed the pot on the flop with a wrap against reg. Reg had top set with nut flush redraw. The fish got there on the river and won a $1.5K+ pot (300BB). Geez. I would flip the table to get coolered in such a spot.
lol, you guys are awesome. I can't wait to get to RK, play a couple weeks, and then observe the comments in this thread.
Fatbonesbluehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:16 AM   #11412
poker_triad
old hand
 
poker_triad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 1,381
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O P E Z View Post
How can i find riverking casino? Google found me riverking poker club but when i went there twice i found nothing
I've asked Google to change that listing but so far they haven't. We're on Street 200 in between 51 and 63. When you have a driver call us at 097 663 8233 and we'll give him directions in Khmer.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
poker_triad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #11413
N O P E Z
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 14
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Thanks but i have no internet nor calling capabilities outside my hotel, i should find it now though with that street number
N O P E Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #11414
poker_triad
old hand
 
poker_triad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 1,381
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by N O P E Z View Post
Thanks but i have no internet nor calling capabilities outside my hotel, i should find it now though with that street number
Just sent you a PM.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
poker_triad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:45 AM   #11415
sofocused978
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
sofocused978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Tampa Baby Baby
Posts: 6,485
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Suddenly I'm thirsty for some milk
sofocused978 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #11416
Fatbonesbluehat
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 75
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofocused978 View Post
Suddenly I'm thirsty for some milk
hhahahaha
Fatbonesbluehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:41 PM   #11417
Yazzx
old hand
 
Yazzx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cambodia
Posts: 1,874
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMage87 View Post
How a typical session @ RK SHOULD look like:



Buy in: $200
Cash out: $587
Profit: +$387

:-)

Logged a 2 hour session at RK today. Decided to end it early as I wanted to protect my profits. Sure, I might get AA the next orbit and double up through KK. But I am happy enough with a 2 buy-in win.

Major hands include:
(i) Limp re-raising with KK. AQss jammed. I asked to ran it twice. Player with AQ refused. AQ flopped the nut flush draw but turn/river bricked. Phew! $300 pot was shipped to me.
(ii) KQ flopped top pair in a multi-way pot. Check called the flop. Turn brings a possible flush (three hearts). Checked around. Led out for a small bet of $22 on the river. Was called down by a French reg, I showed my TPTK and he mucked. Shipped a $150 pot. Thank god villian didn't check jammed/raised, I would be in a very tough spot.
(iii) Called KJss to an open of $13. Flop was very favourable, flopped top pair with second nut flush draw. Led out for $22 on the flop, led out for $33 on the turn. Nutted the river when Ace heart came. I was jumping with excitement (on the inside) when villian donk bets $90 into me. Hollywood a little about villian rivering me before I pushed two stacks of red chips ($200). Villian sighed and mucked. Turned over my nutted hand as a gesture of goodwill. $300+ pot shipped to me. :-)

Might take a shot at the 5-5 PLO later but I am heading out for a swim/massage first.

PLO games @RK are very very good but the variance is sky high. I once saw a fish jammed the pot on the flop with a wrap against reg. Reg had top set with nut flush redraw. The fish got there on the river and won a $1.5K+ pot (300BB). Geez. I would flip the table to get coolered in such a spot.
Man youve missed out on some good games at RK...

Last edited by Yazzx; 04-21-2017 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Edit: If u only ever limp/raise KK/AK+ EP you become pretty exploitable o.O im drunjk
Yazzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 02:57 PM   #11418
Fatbonesbluehat
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 75
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Mannz, i like the commentary, keep up the great work
Fatbonesbluehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #11419
WarMage87
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 171
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Went on a mini-tilt at Naga Casino yesterday.

Was playing well initially at Naga, running my stack up to $250+ from $200.

Then a LAG fish sat down. Lost a $100 pot when I tried to bluff him off a King high board. Almost lost more had I not stopped myself from triple barreling. LAG fish shows a pair of queens. FML. I thought of jamming the river but it seems too bluffy and any decent player will sniff it out. The LAG fish will have likely looked me up if I took this line of play.

Then I was screwed twice with KK against the same aggro russian player. I limped with KK and it was limped around. I was forced to release it when the Russian kept betting into me. I mean I could call off his bets, pay him off like a donk but my plan with in such situations is to (reluctantly) give it up if my opponent gets very aggressive. Damn Russians! An adjustment I should make in future sessions is to mix up my play with big hands. 50% open big, 50% limp re-raise.

Then my busto hand came down. I looked at 33 in middle position, a "TAG" tricky player "accidentally" raises to $6, there were a few callers including the LAG fish. I said accidentally because that player said he meant to just limp in for $2.

Flop came down 8 9 9 two diamonds. It was checked around. Turn came down a 3 diamond, giving me a full house. It was checked to the LAG fish who leds out for $15, next player calls, I called, TAG player raises to $45. LAG fish calls the raise, next player also calls the raise. Action got to me. At this point, my poker instincts told me this TAG player has a nutted hand (like a higher full house) and I should fold. But...but I have a GOD DAMN full house. How the f*** can I get away! My stack is $100+. Calling this $30 raise makes no sense. What am I going to do on the river? Check fold when I am already 40% invested? Geez. Talk about being pot committed. Folding seems silly, there really is only ONE player I have to worry about. The other two players would have stick in a raise with a higher full house/quads.

My intuition says to fold but logically (mathematically), there's only one line I can take. I sighed and pushed in my remaining $100+ stack. The 3 players called my all-in jam. I prayed.

[FYI. A 60-second clock was actually called on me. Thinking back now, I really impressed myself for not sticking it in just like that. Mike (poker_triad) has been giving me flak for taking too much time in such spots. Mike would have told me "But Winston, you know you have a full house right, only a higher full house/quads beat you". When I tank, it's usually legit. I am definitely not a William Kassouf kind of guy.]

River came down a 10. TAG player bets $250 (At this point, I know I am royally f***ed). LAG fish called. The next player said "Good pot odds but nope" as he mucked. I asked the TAG player "Full house right?", he nodded and tabled 9 8. LAG fish showed Ace high flush. I sighed and walked down to the table games. BAD decision.

Tilted off $175 playing Blackjack, Carribean Stud and Ultimate Texas Hold Em'. You know the saying "When it rains, it pours". Fortunately, I got back to my senses, took a deep breath, exhaled and quietly walked out of the casino.

Not my day. Oh well... :-(

Last edited by WarMage87; 04-21-2017 at 04:27 PM.
WarMage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:29 PM   #11420
WarMage87
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 171
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazzx View Post
Man youve missed out on some good games at RK...
Yup, I know limp-reraising with big hands in EP becomes very exploitable eventually. Which is why I try to mix up my play nowadays. Sometimes I open, sometimes I limp-jammed.
WarMage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:34 PM   #11421
WarMage87
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 171
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbonesbluehat View Post
lol, you guys are awesome. I can't wait to get to RK, play a couple weeks, and then observe the comments in this thread.
If you have nothing productive to contribute, please don't troll.

I am sure you have better things to do in life.
WarMage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:39 PM   #11422
Fatbonesbluehat
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 75
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMage87 View Post
If you have nothing productive to contribute, please don't troll.

I am sure you have better things to do in life.
Are you serious? dude I'm referring to the donkey plays I'll make to stack yall. I hope your not serious, because I've complimented you on several occasions. I guess stacking you wouldn't be productive info for you. Gotcha
Fatbonesbluehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:47 PM   #11423
WarMage87
banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 171
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbonesbluehat View Post
Are you serious? dude I'm referring to the donkey plays I'll make to stack yall. I hope your not serious, because I've complimented you on several occasions. I guess stacking you wouldn't be productive info for you. Gotcha
Oh sorry, there was no context in your postings. I have to assume it's a troll post otherwise.

I accept the compliments, thank you. :-)
WarMage87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:08 PM   #11424
poker_triad
old hand
 
poker_triad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 1,381
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMage87 View Post
Went on a mini-tilt at Naga Casino yesterday.

Was playing well initially at Naga, running my stack up to $250+ from $200.

Then a LAG fish sat down. Lost a $100 pot when I tried to bluff him off a King high board. Almost lost more had I not stopped myself from triple barreling. LAG fish shows a pair of queens. FML. I thought of jamming the river but it seems too bluffy and any decent player will sniff it out. The LAG fish will have likely looked me up if I took this line of play.

Then I was screwed twice with KK against the same aggro russian player. I limped with KK and it was limped around. I was forced to release it when the Russian kept betting into me. I mean I could call off his bets, pay him off like a donk but my plan with in such situations is to (reluctantly) give it up if my opponent gets very aggressive. Damn Russians! An adjustment I should make in future sessions is to mix up my play with big hands. 50% open big, 50% limp re-raise.

Then my busto hand came down. I looked at 33 in middle position, a "TAG" tricky player "accidentally" raises to $6, there were a few callers including the LAG fish. I said accidentally because that player said he meant to just limp in for $2.

Flop came down 8 9 9 two diamonds. It was checked around. Turn came down a 3 diamond, giving me a full house. It was checked to the LAG fish who leds out for $15, next player calls, I called, TAG player raises to $45. LAG fish calls the raise, next player also calls the raise. Action got to me. At this point, my poker instincts told me this TAG player has a nutted hand (like a higher full house) and I should fold. But...but I have a GOD DAMN full house. How the f*** can I get away! My stack is $100+. Calling this $30 raise makes no sense. What am I going to do on the river? Check fold when I am already 40% invested? Geez. Talk about being pot committed. Folding seems silly, there really is only ONE player I have to worry about. The other two players would have stick in a raise with a higher full house/quads.

My intuition says to fold but logically (mathematically), there's only one line I can take. I sighed and pushed in my remaining $100+ stack. The 3 players called my all-in jam. I prayed.

[FYI. A 60-second clock was actually called on me. Thinking back now, I really impressed myself for not sticking it in just like that. Mike (poker_triad) has been giving me flak for taking too much time in such spots. Mike would have told me "But Winston, you know you have a full house right, only a higher full house/quads beat you". When I tank, it's usually legit. I am definitely not a William Kassouf kind of guy.]

River came down a 10. TAG player bets $250 (At this point, I know I am royally f***ed). LAG fish called. The next player said "Good pot odds but nope" as he mucked. I asked the TAG player "Full house right?", he nodded and tabled 9 8. LAG fish showed Ace high flush. I sighed and walked down to the table games. BAD decision.

Tilted off $175 playing Blackjack, Carribean Stud and Ultimate Texas Hold Em'. You know the saying "When it rains, it pours". Fortunately, I got back to my senses, took a deep breath, exhaled and quietly walked out of the casino.

Not my day. Oh well... :-(
That's not quite what I said. In the hand at the riverking, you kept saying repeatedly that you were never going to fold your hand. My only point was that if you know this, then perhaps you shouldn't wait until a clock is called on you to make your decision. I tank more than most so I definitely appreciate you thinking everything out. But sometimes you just have to, in the words of Yazzx, "Get it in there!". One more thing. You didn't tilt off $175, rather you just lost it because that's what happens in table games. Walk around, go eat or just go home. But never sit down at a table game because that's just inviting bad habits. That's all; I'll see you tomorrow. Text me when you want me to put in your order for a steak and iced lemon tea.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
poker_triad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:13 PM   #11425
poker_triad
old hand
 
poker_triad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 1,381
Re: Living in Cambodia and turning Pro

Took a girl home and in the middle of sex I called her "mom." I said it in Korean actually. Didn't see that one coming, especially the Korean part.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
poker_triad is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online