Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Travel A place to discuss and learn about traveling

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM   #62726
BlackHorsey
enthusiast
 
BlackHorsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Thailand
Posts: 53
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KidAle] View Post
Thanks,
last question.
How do you link your bank account to neteller? I don't have thai currency choise on the list of bank account currency.
Or maybe its just because my neteller account is from europe
Yea they dont allow withdrawals to THB. So basically you have to Exchange your USD to EUR (for which neteller takes 10$+~7%), and then you pay exchange fees for EUR>THB on top of that.
BlackHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:05 AM   #62727
nobodynobodybutyou
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Maybe the way to do it is to withdraw your USD to Neteller and then buy Bitcoin with it. You can sell bitcoin just about anywhere for cash or for a local bank transfer. Anyone doing this or see any problems with it?
nobodynobodybutyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 AM   #62728
BlackHorsey
enthusiast
 
BlackHorsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Thailand
Posts: 53
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodynobodybutyou View Post
Is it possible to keep USD in any of the online wallets (Skrill, Neteller etc.) so you don't get screwed with currency conversions when moving money from Pokerstars -> online wallet -> Thai bank?

Also I can't see where the screwing over takes place, I would have though you could have USD all the way when moving money like this then at the thai bank they do the exchange from USD - > Thai baht but apparently this is not the case?
The fees kick in at Wallet > Thai bank, I don't know of any ewallet that allows withdrawals in THB, so there's always the conversion fees. Neteller also doesn't allow you to set your bankaccount in USD if your Neteller currency is USD, so when you have a usd$ account at a thai bank it goes USD>EUR>USD
BlackHorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:08 AM   #62729
jspill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: thailand
Posts: 7,611
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

localbitcoins.com works fine, or coins.co.th
jspill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #62730
nobodynobodybutyou
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHorsey View Post
The fees kick in at Wallet > Thai bank, I don't know of any ewallet that allows withdrawals in THB, so there's always the conversion fees. Neteller also doesn't allow you to set your bankaccount in USD if your Neteller currency is USD, so when you have a usd$ account at a thai bank it goes USD>EUR>USD
Ok, so a way needs to be figured to go from Neteller / Skrill / online wallets to money in Thailand somehow without paying some ridiculous fee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspill View Post
localbitcoins.com works fine, or coins.co.th
Yeah something like this might be a cheaper solution than $10 + 7%.
nobodynobodybutyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM   #62731
brah
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Thailand
Posts: 86
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspill View Post
localbitcoins.com works fine, or coins.co.th
About what % is the fee if you go netteller->bitcoin->Thai bank?
brah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM   #62732
jspill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: thailand
Posts: 7,611
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
About what % is the fee if you go netteller->bitcoin->Thai bank?
Depends, work it out for different sellers. Maybe worse than 7%, maybe better, like 4-5% ish. Maybe no cost or make a profit if you post an ad and someone buys from you.

https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoins-online/neteller/
https://localbitcoins.com/sell_bitcoins
jspill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:32 PM   #62733
nobodynobodybutyou
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspill View Post
Depends, work it out for different sellers. Maybe worse than 7%, maybe better, like 4-5% ish. Maybe no cost or make a profit if you post an ad and someone buys from you.

https://localbitcoins.com/buy-bitcoins-online/neteller/
https://localbitcoins.com/sell_bitcoins
I'd say definitely something to explore.
nobodynobodybutyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #62734
cneuy3
adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,056
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodynobodybutyou View Post
Is it possible to keep USD in any of the online wallets (Skrill, Neteller etc.) so you don't get screwed with currency conversions when moving money from Pokerstars -> online wallet -> Thai bank?

Also I can't see where the screwing over takes place, I would have though you could have USD all the way when moving money like this then at the thai bank they do the exchange from USD - > Thai baht but apparently this is not the case?
Yes. It's possible to keep USD on all of the ewallets avoiding conversion fees when withdrawaling from the pokersites in US dollars.

The screwjob takes place once it reaches these ewallets if you then so choose to withdrawal directly to your thai bank. You'll take ~5% conversion hit as it's forced to be changed to EUR or another available withdrawal currency other than US dollars and then a bit more of a hit when it's converted through the intermediary banks and reaches your thai bank in baht.

It use to be possible to directly withdrawal from the sites to your thai bank but as far as i know 888poker is the only one currently processing these bank wires. Stars left a few years ago and Party more recently.
cneuy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:31 PM   #62735
nobodynobodybutyou
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 44
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneuy3 View Post
Yes. It's possible to keep USD on all of the ewallets avoiding conversion fees when withdrawaling from the pokersites in US dollars.

The screwjob takes place once it reaches these ewallets if you then so choose to withdrawal directly to your thai bank. You'll take ~5% conversion hit as it's forced to be changed to EUR or another available withdrawal currency other than US dollars and then a bit more of a hit when it's converted through the intermediary banks and reaches your thai bank in baht.
Ok. Looks like I'll try figure out the ewallet -> Bitcoin thing and see how cheaply I can get that done.
nobodynobodybutyou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #62736
GonZo72
grinder
 
GonZo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Southeast Asia
Posts: 443
Re: Ask us about Thailand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneuy3 View Post
It use to be possible to directly withdrawal from the sites to your thai bank but as far as i know 888poker is the only one currently processing these bank wires. Stars left a few years ago and Party more recently.
Betfair is processing these bank wires too
GonZo72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.33 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online