Cebu seems awesome, after have read all pages in this wonderful thread!
I'm planning a long trip as I write this to Cebu. I've gotten a couple of questions for you experienced fellas:
- I'm playing low stake and would love to be able to live cheap and save a lot of money while living better than I do back in Sweden. Will $800 per month cover a decent apartment with AC, food expenses, stable internet, gym membership and pocket money for clothes or a few drinks out per week? No need to have pool in the apartment or hookers
. I just want to live simple but comfortable and meet new people, see new places every now and then and of course play some live donkaments.
- I saw someone asking for tsunamis, I guess Cebu is pretty safe since it lies kind of encapsulated? I freaking hate tsunamis, I have nightsmares of them all the time where I've died multiple times, and I have had true dreams before so yeah...
- How much is an average meal out on a cheap/decent restaurant? I've been to Thailand, and I ate the best food of my life for $2-3 per dinner. I plan to save a lot time from cooking to play more poker instead (food is expensive in Sweden).
- Are there many volunteer jobs to be found? I'd like to help out people who are not as fortunate as we are.
- What kind of vaccination do you need to take before traveling to Philippines?
- Do the casinos offer good tournaments when APT/APPT does not run?
It would be cool to meet some of you 2+2ers when I arrive in autumn. You can never have too many friends!