In ATL on Tuesday and was not able to train. Had a grinding dental appointment yesterday and up at 3AM today so no 1rm attempt.
So this month has been a mix of good and bad. BTW, LOL at the renamed thing...that's what I get for offending the 2+2 overlords
Today did a simple 90% push pull Squat and bench
And with that I have decided to end my log. Not sure what I am going to do next, I think I will cut since I gained a little more fat than I wanted to.
It's been a year since I started this log. Results are
1. Train w/coach twice per week for 8-weeks
Did this all year and got bumped from patient to client to athlete at year end. Means I get to train with the other athletes and would have access to coaching if I wanted to compete in a meet. Pretty great having access to coaches at all ...tried to use them as much as I could and even tried to get their insight on some form check vids of other H&F posters.
2. Increase 1RM squat to 500lbs (current is 440)
hit this for 233K/512.6lbs
3. Increase Incline Bench 275lbs x 5 (current is 225)
Just barely got this. So much harder than I thought it would be.
4. Increase Weighted Chins to 2x4x60 (current is 30)
Got this plus some
5. Increase shoulder strength/health so I can put weight above my head
Definite maybe here. Stretching, rolling etc. Tried a small OHP workout and had no pain or problems. Hoping for the best and going to try and start working ohp into my routine.
6. Increase strength and size of upper body
meh not at all imo
7. Switch back to conventional bar DL from Trap bar
Did this successfully and DLd a 525pr.
8. Gain 8 lbs LBM
possibly....at 210 I I would be 8 more than when I started and probably same bf%